Author Topic: TAR 21: Josh Kilmer-Purcell & Brent Ridge "Goat Farmers/Life Partners"  (Read 52164 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 21: Josh Kilmer-Purcell & Brent Ridge "Goat Farmers/Life Partners"
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 03:00:17 PM »
Hee, the newest TAR 21 Chips!! Halloween!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 05:26:25 AM »
They managed to mess up that very easy speedbump.

Offline shiqiansoh

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • TIM AND TE JAY 4EVER!!
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 09:04:28 AM »
They managed to mess up that very easy speedbump.

I know! :) Plus, I'm slowly starting to like them already! :D
~~~Shi Qian~~~

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 02:01:56 PM »
Beekman 1802 Boys ‏@Beekman1802Boys
@RyanDanz @AbbieGinsberg & we were so far behind other @AmazingRace_CBS teams last night, our plane nearly landed during "The Good WIfe."

:funny: :funny: :funny:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2012, 09:41:19 AM »
They are one of the luckiest teams in the history of the Race.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2012, 07:29:17 AM »

Tell me about it - I don't know how they are still in it with all the errors and the unlucky breaks with flights. :lol: The luckiest team along with Eric & Danielle who also randomly caught up after being half a day behind. Only difference is that I am actually glad they are still in this and hopefully they can also catch up.

I couldn't stand them at first, but I kinda want to see them win for Abbie & Ryan's sake, and to mess up that convenient little threesome. :lol: ;)
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2012, 07:33:55 AM »

Tell me about it - I don't know how they are still in it with all the errors and the unlucky breaks with flights. :lol: The luckiest team along with Eric & Danielle who also randomly caught up after being half a day behind. Only difference is that I am actually glad they are still in this and hopefully they can also catch up.

I couldn't stand them at first, but I kinda want to see them win for Abbie & Ryan's sake, and to mess up that convenient little threesome. :lol: ;)

Yeah, they're unpredictably being in Final 4 is so random and awesome. :hrt: Honestly, I love this team, as well all the other teams in Final 6. Go, Josh & Brent! :hoot:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Kavie

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2012, 10:13:44 PM »

I like them but i think they are like the weakest teams since Top 7. They make the Final 4 simply because the other teams had bad luck  :lol:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2012, 11:23:10 PM »
They have gotten second-to-last FOUR legs in a row! And this was after getting last on a NON ELIMINATION LEG! Everyone, Josh and Brent are the new Dandrew :lol3:.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2012, 10:53:59 PM »
They have gotten second-to-last FOUR legs in a row! And this was after getting last on a NON ELIMINATION LEG! Everyone, Josh and Brent are the new Dandrew :lol3:.

I also notice it! I think this is a new record for consecutive second to last place finishes?   :lol3:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2012, 11:00:19 PM »

I also notice it! I think this is a new record for consecutive second to last place finishes?   :lol3:

Actually, the record is tied with Dan and Andrew at four legs in a row. Again, Josh and Brent are the new Dandrew :tup:.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2012, 11:56:21 PM »
And they still have yet to place in the top 3. They placed 5th and 4th in the last 2 legs, so maybe they will be like Eric and Danielle and finish off 3rd, 2nd and 1st.  :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2012, 01:36:00 AM »
I think the farmers were less Dandrew... they had a few decent legs. :lol:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2012, 11:02:18 AM »
Actually, Vanessa and Ralph got second-to-last 4 legs in a row also, so Josh and Brent have a chance to break both Dandrew's and Vanessa and Ralph's record :lol:.

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2012, 10:15:38 PM »
The whole breathing part in tonight's episode was funny. Especially Josh's replies to Brent. "I'm not pregnant" "Still hurts"  :lol:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2012, 01:15:00 AM »
WOW, I said that they are pretty impressive and make it so far!!!  Ultimate Underdog Thunders!!  Congrats, you really broken record of Andrew & Dan also Ralph & Vanessa!!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Nobita

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2012, 06:53:29 PM »
Josh & Brent are elimination Houdinis.  :hrt:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2012, 12:59:09 PM »

I don't see it that way. Houdini had incredible skill. Josh and Brent have had blind luck throughout. They really have no business in an Amazing Race finale, but as we know sometimes weaker teams are the winners because taxi karma strikes the stronger teams.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2012, 02:00:29 PM »
Normally I really LOVE underdogs. Most of the time, they are the team/face of the season for me, for being so much fun to watch, for creating lots of drama, and, for most of those teams, not being visually in good shape, which makes them also fun to watch.

Josh & Brent may be nice, but they are just so boring to watch and are unrootable. Never they made me laugh or made something out of the ordinary. They just seem there, completing the tasks, not being really competitive. They're really getting overshadowed by the three other teams left.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2012, 05:03:53 PM »
I agree. With Andrew & Dan being a bad team and making it this far, they were hilariously bad which is part of why they were entertaining. These two are just....not good racers.

Offline Nobita

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2012, 06:41:18 PM »

I don't see it that way. Houdini had incredible skill. Josh and Brent have had blind luck throughout. They really have no business in an Amazing Race finale, but as we know sometimes weaker teams are the winners because taxi karma strikes the stronger teams.
Not a literal Houdini, I mean. Here is further info about "Elimination Houdini". :)

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2012, 01:59:30 AM »
The Beekman Boys Dish 'Amazing Race' Finale
By LISA HIRSCH December 06, 2012

This Sunday a new Amazing Race million-dollar winner will be crowned -- and the Beekman boys, Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Brent Ridge, are telling all to ET about their thoughts going into the finale, how they helped to change the mind of one of their teammates, and details about their upcoming wedding.

ETonline: Congrats on making it to the finale in third place – did it give you an extra confidence boost to be in the top three going into the final?
Brent: It's always comforting to know that there's someone behind you as a buffer between you and the elimination, but we went into the Race knowing that most of the time Racers defeat themselves rather than other teams beating them, so we have always been more focused on the decisions we were making than what other teams are doing ahead of or behind us.

ETonline: How did it feel to be running in the back of the pack for so long, yet continuing to make it week after week?
Josh: If people re-watch the very first episode, they'll see that we were the very first team to hit the ground after jumping over the bridge. We like to joke that was the only time the whole game we were in the lead. We stayed in the middle of the pack most of the season until the missed connection en route to Moscow (which put us and Abbie and Ryan nearly a full day behind the other teams). Honestly, we preferred being in the back of the pack. It gave us an entirely different perspective on the game. The new strategy then became just not getting eliminated. It's an entirely different race back there!

ETonline: Which other team do you think was the biggest threat? Which other team was your favorite?
Josh: This is a race for a million dollars, and everyone on the course WANTED it. Everyone was a threat, and, honestly, we think any of the teams that started the race had a shot at winning it.

ETonline: Which challenge did you find the most difficult?
Brent: We knew going into the Race that we would be one of the older teams and likely unable to compete head to head physically with some of the younger teams, so obviously we would always prefer more cerebral tasks. To land in Moscow 12 hours behind, miss out on the chance to do the library task, and then facing the synchronized swimming was probably our most demoralizing moment. However, we are glad that it happened the way it did. At some point in the future we are much more likely to find ourselves in a foreign library than in a swimming pool with a Russian national team, and those experiences are why we went on the Race.

ETonline: Which country did you enjoy visiting the most?
Josh: We enjoyed them all. Dhaka, Bangladesh made the most impact on us because of the chaos, crowding and heat. But for people who had so little for themselves, they gave us the most encouragement to continue on a very difficult leg for us. At the end of an exhausting day, a wave of cheering children practically carried us to Phil, and we're forever grateful.

ETonline: Rob of the Monster Truckers team, told me that you changed his mind about gay people and that improved his relationship with his wife. Can you speak about that a little bit?
Brent: Our show, the Fabulous Beekman Boys, was the first reality show to be centered around a same sex couple in a long-term relationship. We've learned from doing that show that the biggest cause of homophobia is that many people have never been around or had the opportunity to witness a same sex couple in a long term committed relationship and that serves as a breeding ground for fear, hate, and misunderstanding. We've heard from many fans that watching the Beekman Boys with their families have completely changed their views on homosexuality in general and specifically on the topic of gay marriage. That's the power of TV. Rob and Kelly are very nice people and very accomplished in their profession. We never had a doubt that they would see us any other way than in a similar, devoted relationship like any of the other couples. I think their comments after their time on the show speak volumes about the type of people they are.

ETonline: Did you ever fear for your safety when traveling to countries where being gay is not accepted, or even legal, in some cases?
Josh: We never feared for our safety thanks to the preparation and precautions taken by the incredible Amazing Race production team. But we did make a conscious effort to limit displays of affection out of respect for the cultures with which we were interacting. Following the customs of a country you are visiting is common courtesy.

ETonline: What did you learn about each other on the Race? Did it improve your relationship?
Brent: We've been together for 14 years, so we've been through almost any emotional situation you can imagine. The most challenging part of the Race for me was walking the edge of controlling Josh's anxiety level while at the same time pushing him to go a little beyond his comfort zone. Having spent 4 weeks perfecting that skill set will no doubt have future benefits.

ETonline: Congrats on the wedding you are planning -- can you share any details with us?
Brent: We are planning a wedding on the farm for May/June of next year. All the Racers will be invited.

The season of finale of The Amazing Race airs this Sunday on CBS at 8/7c.

Source: http://www.etonline.com/tv/127817_The_Beekman_Boys_Dish_Amazing_Race_Finale/index.html
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2012, 01:18:58 AM »

MSU alum in sprint to the finish on 'Amazing Race'

11:07 PM, Dec 7, 2012

Josh Kilmer-Purcell (left) and Brent Ridge on the 'Amazing Race.' / Courtesy photo

Josh Kilmer-Purcell has been many things in his first two decades after Michigan State University.

He’s been a poet and a pig farmer. He’s been an author, an advertising man and Aquadesiac, the drag queen who has goldfish swimming in see-through breasts.

“I’ve had a lot of drastic career changes,” he said in an interview last year. And now there’s another detour: He may be the first sorta-local person to reach the season finale of a major reality show.

Some have been close. Erich Reichenbach of Pinckney and Heidi Androl of MSU were strong in “Survivor” and “Apprentice” respectively; each was dumped a week before the four-person finale.

But now comes Sunday’s “Amazing Race” finale, with four duos. One has Kilmer-Purcell, 43, with Brent Ridge, 38, his partner in life, agriculture and reality TV.

They’ve been on the fringes of fame before, with an amiable cable series; now they have a shot at $1 million.

Viewers notice one thing right away: “Opposites always attract,” Ridge said.

He’s a precise sort, with a medical degree, an MBA and math skills. By comparison, Kilmer-Purcell switched MSU majors after his first math test.

Kilmer-Purcell was in third-grade when his family moved from New York to Oconomowoc, a Wisconsin town of 10,000. His dad worked in sales; the family lived in a suburbia, surrounded by cornfields.

“I always had a feeling that the farm people were more fun,” he said. “They had the animals and the hay piles to jump into.”

He chose MSU because of its hotel-restaurant school — which he left after that math test. That’s when he found the creative-writing program and noted poet Diane Wakoski. “She had a huge impact on me.”

Maybe MSU implanted some desire to be with nature. “I think of all those walks along the river to class. (And) that garden (near) the library, with little markers saying what everything is. I never imagined some day I would have a farm with little markers.”

There were some steps in between.

He graduated in 1991, moved to New York and became Aquadisiac, a fact that was readily accepted by his co-workers in advertising and less accepted by his eventual boyfriend.

“I have a big fear of clowns and drag queens,” Ridge said.

Ridge was then vice president of Healthy Living for Martha Stewart’s company. One day, they saw a listing for a manor near Sharon Springs, NY. “I took that to Martha and she said, ‘Buy it,’ ” Ridge said.

They did, four years ago, thinking of it as a weekend retreat. A week later, Kilmer-Purcell said, they got a handwritten note from a man “who had lost his farm and he had a month to find a home for his 80 goats and asked if he could be our care­taker.”

That’s the guy now known as Farmer John. Their farm has goats, pigs and more, plus a cable following.

The guys sell everything from goat-milk soap to crafts created by neighbors. They’ve made it work, partly through Internet sales.

Now they have a shot at a million-dollar prize.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20121207/THINGSTODO08/312070052/MSU-alum-sprint-finish-Amazing-Race-?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CThings%20to%20do&nclick_check=1

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2012, 08:31:13 AM »
nvm
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 11:59:01 AM by Jobby »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2012, 10:03:03 PM »
JOSH AND BRENT... totally showing their bitchy and sneaky side on the finale leg, one moment at a time. :cmas23