Author Topic: CR3 SHOW Discussion! **SPOILERS**  (Read 49299 times)

Offline EagleSpirit0

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: CR3 SHOW Discussion! **SPOILERS**
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2012, 06:35:27 PM »
Some of these snafus aren't sole symptoms of China Rush as well; TAR 17's first Moscow leg was changed from an elimination leg to a NEL after the judge made an error at the Music RB, thus dropping Nick and Vicki far behind the other teams.  Thus, no speed bump in the next leg and an awkward bunching period. 

paldog123456

« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2012, 03:58:05 PM »
Some of these snafus aren't sole symptoms of China Rush as well; TAR 17's first Moscow leg was changed from an elimination leg to a NEL after the judge made an error at the Music RB, thus dropping Nick and Vicki far behind the other teams.  Thus, no speed bump in the next leg and an awkward bunching period.

Actually, Leg 7 was already a planned elimination leg, but the producers took out the Speed Bump due to difficulties most teams, especially Nick and Vicki, faced. :)

(They also bunched teams up at the first location, the circus, to be even more fair.)

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2012, 11:05:43 PM »
On another note, 7 episodes in, I have to say, I'm incredibly impressed with China Rush. It's got a gimmicky name but for a version that stays in one country, it's really, really good.

Overall, I consider it the third best TAR version, after the Australian and the American version.
Bring on the 21!

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2012, 01:56:30 PM »
Worst team wins the leg, the best team is eliminated.

What do the people in China think of some of the teams?

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2012, 04:18:41 PM »

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2012, 07:47:15 PM »

]

Agreed with Best Loser. They should have been out in 8th place.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2012, 09:39:38 PM »

]

Agreed with Best Loser. They should have been out in 8th place.

I haven't watched this episode, but I notice that in Baidu Forum some Chinese fans are excited for the advent of a villain team on China Rush. They are comparing Zhang Yelin with Rob Mariano. :lol:

ETA: While some viewers are irritated by what the dating couple did, several fans comment that it was the twins themselves to blame for their making some wrong decisions. It's only the case that one team beat another.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 12:43:21 AM by SuperTux »
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2012, 02:01:17 AM »
putting the issues aside, this season for me beats the first 2 season in every aspect.

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2012, 06:54:11 PM »

... some Chinese fans are excited for the advent of a villain team on China Rush. They are comparing Zhang Yelin with Rob Mariano. :lol:

ETA: While some viewers are irritated by what the dating couple did, several fans comment that it was the twins themselves to blame for their making some wrong decisions. It's only the case that one team beat another.

... & Rob won Survivor: Redemption Island & was 2nd in TAR7!!! Maybe a villian pays after all! :lol:

Like all TAR racers said - it's the taxi driver that "killed" the twins! I wonder if they didn't mentioned to Allan "the 1 hour trip to take 4 ferries", would they be penalised for less than 1 hour?  :'(

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2012, 10:23:51 PM »
Even though I'm not rooting for them, I give Zhang Yelin a lot of credit for the clue fake out.

Has anyone ever used an old clue like that before?  It's quite ingenious and diabolical.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2012, 10:33:08 PM »
Even though I'm not rooting for them, I give Zhang Yelin a lot of credit for the clue fake out.

Has anyone ever used an old clue like that before?  It's quite ingenious and diabolical.

Yeah, that's happened quite a bit actually. The most notable example I can think of (though I hate mentioning him especially since he's already been brought up recently) is Rob & Amber fooling Charla & Mirna in the fourth leg of All-Stars.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2012, 10:58:48 PM »
After EP8 aired, Zhang Yelin tweeted on Weibo.com, saying that he felt sorry if what he did in this episode hurt anyone's feeling. He said that he had watched a lot of seasons of Survivor and The Amazing Race, thus many strategies naturally came out of his mind.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2012, 11:26:45 PM »
After EP8 aired, Zhang Yelin tweeted on Weibo.com, saying that he felt sorry if what he did in this episode hurt anyone's feeling. He said that he had watched a lot of seasons of Survivor and The Amazing Race, thus many strategies naturally came out of his mind.
That doesn't really bother me. I love it when people mislead other teams. But why did my favorite team have to be eliminated????

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2012, 09:00:07 PM »

Yeah, that's happened quite a bit actually. The most notable example I can think of (though I hate mentioning him especially since he's already been brought up recently) is Rob & Amber fooling Charla & Mirna in the fourth leg of All-Stars.

Thanks for the info.  I forgot about that.

I'm surprised that it hasn't happened more frequently in recent seasons.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2012, 10:22:38 PM »
Janelle told me the real reason that BBQ cousins got eliminated is because they didn't have passports and they knew it from the beginning.
She also said Hennifer did not eat the snails because they were disgusting and they had dirt and stuff in them.
I think we already know this stuff but this is just confirmation :)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2012, 11:04:19 PM »
Janelle told me the real reason that BBQ cousins got eliminated is because they didn't have passports and they knew it from the beginning.
She also said Hennifer did not eat the snails because they were disgusting and they had dirt and stuff in them.
I think we already know this stuff but this is just confirmation :)

But they still had one more leg to go before the Taiwan leg. They didn't need to eliminate BBQ so soon.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2012, 08:11:48 AM »
I posed this Q to Henry Su -

What pointers would you give to those who are aspiring to be TAR racers? :)

and he replied -

My advice for future Racers. Be prepared for A LOT of downtime, ie. bring some cards or UNO or something. Be ready for sleep deprivation and waking up at 4 AM etc. Be able to roll with the punches because reality TV is a bit of a circus, things are hectic, constantly changing, and oftentimes very disorganized. Most importantly, make sure your taxi driver knows where he is going!!

Comments page = http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=14319320&postID=2989626542488433504

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2012, 07:33:41 PM »
Some people have asked who Jesse Burke is - the one mentioned in the closing credits.  He was one of the Game Producers on the show who tragically died while on another assignment after filming completed for China Rush.  Jesse was hands-down the best Game Producer: organized, transparent, and fair; he will be missed.

From Henry's blog.

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2012, 12:01:34 PM »
That team i really hate called ryan and charlie "foreign devils" :(

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2012, 08:46:39 AM »
That team i really hate called ryan and charlie "foreign devils" :(

I hate them too...Really hope Janelle/Karin survive next leg and they're out  :knuckles:
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2012, 04:48:19 AM »
The previous leg was very well-designed... Do you agree?

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2012, 12:51:13 AM »
Don't know why but khaishing has "privatised" her blog to those approved by her - so no go for the rest & http://henrysu.blogspot.com/ has removed his answer to my question:-

I posed this Q to Henry Su -

What pointers would you give to those who are aspiring to be TAR racers? :)

and he replied -

My advice for future Racers. Be prepared for A LOT of downtime, ie. bring some cards or UNO or something. Be ready for sleep deprivation and waking up at 4 AM etc. Be able to roll with the punches because reality TV is a bit of a circus, things are hectic, constantly changing, and oftentimes very disorganized. Most importantly, make sure your taxi driver knows where he is going!!

and Henry has also removed these comments from his blog:-

From Henry's blog ( http://henrysu.blogspot.com/ ) =
We were not about to eat a plate full of salty rocks.  The Game Producer returns and tells us that we just have to wait 20 minutes, pretend to finish the plate, get some parting shots, and then we can leave.  Done.

Comments page = http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=14319320&postID=2989626542488433504

1. From Khai Shing's blog, she seems like a sociable person BUT after her elimination, her blog was "privatised" - is this a sign of a sore loser or what? I'm disappointed with this attitude!

2. Looks like the CR producer may have "advised" henry to remove certain unfavourable comments...  :duno:

3. After the many "insights" by both kahishing & henry, I'm beginning to lose interest in CR...  :tantrum
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 01:11:09 AM by zeeyyy »

Offline Remembers

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2012, 03:47:27 AM »
Personally I think Khai Shing probably get in trouble with the producers for what she put about a certain team and their avoiding elimination, it's not really the kind of publicity a TV show wants or needs. You could imagine if any of the current racers in the American Season revealed something they shouldn't have, they would get in trouble too.

I agree that China Rush behind the scenes sounds like a mess. Perhaps they need to use their budget a bit more effectively and if possible hire more people if its a production issue slowing teams down.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2012, 12:56:53 PM »
I don't think she privatized it because she's a sore loser. China Rush probably wanted it taken down, but since a lot of the stuff is just blogging about her travels, they compromised so that only friends and family could read it. That's just what I think. Funny how I'm constantly pinning the blame on the people who make the show I like.

addie

« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2012, 12:59:07 PM »
 :'( Janelle & Karin :'(

Christine & Steven need to win now, pls.