Author Topic: CR3 SHOW Discussion! **SPOILERS**  (Read 49307 times)

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: CR3 SHOW Discussion! **SPOILERS**
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2012, 11:13:48 PM »
does anybody notice anything unusual about this race?
Uhh... should we?

Note: if the answer is possibly a spoiler, I don't want to know.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2012, 12:47:45 AM »
does anybody notice anything unusual about this race?
Uhh... should we?

Note: if the answer is possibly a spoiler, I don't want to know.

Clue boxes. There has been a lack of them.

Offline EagleSpirit0

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2012, 09:44:16 PM »
I can't believe how amazing this last episode was despite the fact that half of the clue boxes were just at different types of schools (this is literally one of my pet peeves with China Rush).  I hate to say it, but in my opinion, I think in terms of editing, race layout, teams, and possibly individual tasks, China Rush is surpassing the US TAR and getting to the heights of TAR:Australia.  It really reminds me of classic TAR!

My favorite part of this episode was the editing done on the journey to Pinghu; starting/ending with Janelle and Karin getting on the train.  It was very reminiscent of the editing in the first India leg of TAR 1 from the airport to the Red Fort market. 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2012, 09:51:59 PM »
Using "different"clue boxes has been going on for a few seasons in TAR, looks like CR3 picked it up!I love it!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2012, 10:45:49 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline EagleSpirit0

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2012, 01:11:03 PM »
I love this season of China Rush!  I've never been able to get into it before, because most of the tasks/route infos seemed to be so cookie-cutter.  After living in China for 2 years, you go through so much temple/water town/traditional music/strange food/historic and natural site fatigue that they all blend into one another, but the tasks/editing this season are really setting the destinations themselves apart beyond "put on this traditional dress" and "do this traditional dance." 

I just wish the show overall spent less time in ZheJiang/JiangSu/ShangHai area and more time in northern China and nearly 6 legs in ZheJiang/JiangSu ... it's so sad that the race has only had one leg in Beijing and still no leg in XiAn over three seasons!

I also have to say that I love nearly every team ... which I think is a first for any TAR installment.  Khai Shing and Khai Sheng continue to impress.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2012, 02:35:14 PM »
Huh, you can see Rick & Josh in some of the behind the scenes photos in Khai Shing's blog.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2012, 07:21:17 PM »
A double NEL?  :gaah: At least it wasn't in the first two legs like TARV.  :res:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2012, 11:09:22 PM »
Huh, you can see Rick & Josh in some of the behind the scenes photos in Khai Shing's blog.

They loved the race so much, they refused to leave, so they became production crew.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2012, 10:27:35 PM »
From reading Henry's blog, it seems like he didn't enjoy his experience on the show very much.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2012, 01:21:29 AM »
From reading Henry's blog, it seems like he didn't enjoy his experience on the show very much.

Could I see a link please?

P.S.: I was being sarcastic in replying to Best Loser.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2012, 06:22:48 PM »

Could I see a link please?

P.S.: I was being sarcastic in replying to Best Loser.

Someone else posted the link on page 2: http://henrysu.com/

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2012, 06:32:13 AM »
We were already extremely exhausted after waiting for 4 hours and can't wait to go back to the hotel but the last 2 teams stirred up a big drama at the pit stop with the production crew. It was supposed to be an elimination leg but they blamed the production for making them wait at the scuba diving task and argued that they should not be eliminated. It was an ugly pit stop and everyone was mad. You can see it from Allan's expression when he had to redo the pit-stop for the last 2 teams (this is not his usual 'acting serious' expression). As usual, the Fiancés pulled off another crying show again. =.= (p.s. they didn't even do the carry-bamboo detour and just shook down the clue...how exhausting was that??)

http://www.khaishing.com/2012/09/episode-5-amazing-race-china-rush-3.html

According to Kai Shing, this leg was a planned elimination leg, but because of the dating couple "puppy tears" they changed it to a non-elimination. Wonder if there will be a speed bump?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2012, 06:36:56 AM »

Yeah, but I think if a team was constantly winning legs, they would enjoy it better than a "backpack" team.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2012, 10:25:20 AM »
That ending sure was...something.

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2012, 09:57:38 PM »
Very tragic elimination. This is a proof that in a race, every sconds count.

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2012, 07:42:12 PM »
According to Kai Shing, this leg was a planned elimination leg, but because of the dating couple "puppy tears" they changed it to a non-elimination.

I asked Khai Shing = "After Henry & Jenn's refusal to complete the speed bump & this made a NEL when initially it was not just showed how disorganised the organisers were!

What next? The ones that argued the best/loudest are the winners of CR3? Kinda bummer, eh?"

and part of her answer, which was later taken down, goes something like this, if I remember correctly, = "...Yes, you maybe right..."

see http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=3659547063209051949&postID=6436421361800431444

==>[P/S - My comments have been deleted too!]<==

Now we can speculate...  :ascared

Also Khai Shing's initial jottings about EL made NEL was also taken down = see the last few paras = http://www.khaishing.com/2012/09/episode-5-amazing-race-china-rush-3.html

When I first read these, i thought to myself that the organisers, once they got wind of this, will surely ask her to remove these comments as it looks bad on them!

Reading Khai Shing's and Henry's blogs made me realise that the winners may be "influenced" by the organisers! Things like asking to stop racing temporarily cos of technical problems, getting the right/wrong taxi drivers onto the remote location, changing EL to NEL or NEL into EL as they are not firm on their rules, and the such! Wonder if this is also happening to TAR US edition...  :duno:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 08:43:35 AM by zeeyyy »

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2012, 05:44:31 AM »
Has there ever been a penalty for not putting your bags at the designated area at the detour location? Personally unless it impedes another team from racing, (like for example blocking an exit or something), it shouldn't be a penalty).

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2012, 10:18:16 PM »
Episode 5:
The google cache of Khai Shing's blog had the behind the scenes EL to NEL info still intact.

I don't have an issue with the 40 minute production delay for the mic, although it probably should have been handled with time credits instead.

I'm glad that Khai Shing clarified that there were 2 diving instructors and not just 1 like Henry said.

Episode 6:
I didn't understand the penalty for the bags.  Did the clue specify this?  Thirty minutes was too harsh. 

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2012, 09:49:33 AM »
From what I've learnt, BBQ team (Xiao Bing & Xiao Bang) were eliminated because they didn't get visas to Taiwan. Teams had to get their visas to Taiwan by themselves. BBQ didn't do so because they didn't think they'd go to Taiwan to compete.

The "bag case" was just an excuse.

ETA: Another earlier rumor said that BBQ team were eliminated because they wanted to quit. Seemed that they had some commercial things to do.

I asked some friends in our QQ Internet chat group. The second rumor seems to be the truth. Xiao Bing and Xiao Bang had another show/advertisement to shoot.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 03:47:28 AM by SuperTux »
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2012, 10:13:33 AM »
From what I've learnt, BBQ team (Xiao Bing & Xiao Bang) were eliminated because they didn't get visas to Taiwan. Teams had to get their visas to Taiwan by themselves. BBQ didn't do so because they didn't think they'd go to Taiwan to compete.

If this is true, then the producers can actually decide which team is to win CR3!!!  :groan:

From Henry's blog ( http://henrysu.blogspot.com/ ) =
We were not about to eat a plate full of salty rocks.  The Game Producer returns and tells us that we just have to wait 20 minutes, pretend to finish the plate, get some parting shots, and then we can leave.  Done.

I always thought that TAR, with 20 seasons in the bag, had some sort of rules book to decide on such situation, but alas, it was not to be!

I wonder if the CR3 producers will ask Henry to remove the above statement. Maybe they "asked" Khai Shing to remove hers about EL being NEL...  :duno:

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2012, 11:57:37 AM »
Remember, the people who make China Rush and the people who make US TAR are different. Just because this version is shady doesn't mean that the original version is also.

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2012, 06:56:41 PM »
Remember, the people who make China Rush and the people who make US TAR are different. Just because this version is shady doesn't mean that the original version is also.

When the CR producers bought the franchise, surely there must be certain standards for the CR series to maintain - making a predetermined EL into a NEL, and the 20 mins wait & "pretending to finish the plate" is the "standard" when Henry & Jenn refused to complete the Speed Bump?

Whether it's in the rules book OR maybe a decision by the CR producers - we don't know BUT either way, it looks bad on the franchise! Why bow down to the last 2 teams of leg 5 to turn it into a NEL? Why can't they show that Hennifer opted to take the 20 mins penalty & not hide this fact?

If it's in the rule books, it's bad; if it's not, it's bad too as the US franchisers did not monitor the standards!

CR3 has dropped a few rungs in my books. However TAR21 is still ok but the opener should be 1.5 hours long for us to explore the different characters of the racers.  :)

If there are more revelation by racers from all the franchises, then we'll know more.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2012, 08:23:34 PM »
I'm not going to jump to conclusions about the integrity of the show.

Letting Henry & Jennifer serve a 20 minute penalty instead of eating rocks sounds fair to me. 

Turning an EL leg into an NEL leg is questionable but I might accept it because of the wet-suit problem with Zhang Yelin that Henry mentioned.

In both instances, production made mistakes, and I can't fault the teams for that.

The snails should have been cleaned, and the diving roadblock should have specified that the diver has to be within a certain size so that bigger people wouldn't be allowed to dive.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2012, 08:33:58 PM »

I don't think the word "shady" is appropriate. It is not the case that the producers wanted to control the result; it is just that they failed to cope with unexpected things. I thought the crew should have learnt a lot from emergencies in the previous 2 seasons (e.g. the first team eliminated in S1 and EP3 of S2), but it seems to be opposite.

If this is true, then the producers can actually decide which team is to win CR3!!!  :groan:

I guess in other versions the crew are responsible for applying for passports/visas for teams. I don't know why this time the crew said that everything should be done by teams themselves.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 08:38:07 PM by SuperTux »
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。