Author Topic: Joys and Disappointments of TARAus 2  (Read 18268 times)

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Joys and Disappointments of TARAus 2
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2012, 05:12:49 PM »
Good - the cast, and in general the boot order.  A reasonable variety of locations as well.

Bad - taxi drivers having too much of an influence.  There was some self-driving but there should have been more, and public transport was underused.

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2012, 06:19:38 PM »
Joys:
The route - finally going around the world, literally rather than just figuratively.
Cuba and Canada
The Must-Vote U-Turn
Much better cast
Sarah and her hunners
Joseph & DisGrace getting penalized for removing

Disappointments:
Blind U-Turns (hate these damn things, not that it ended up mattering in this case)
U-Turn placed before going to the airport in Dubai
A half-leg in Paris
3 episodes in a row (too much for me)
Season being blocked and deleted on YouTube

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2012, 12:43:39 AM »
Joys

1. The route - it when to some gorgeous and beautiful places, and finally an international version that visited the Americas
2. The cast - many enjoyable cast members, even those I though I wouldn't like surprised me. Even the villains were likeable

Disappointments

1. TAR Australia blocked on YouTube.
2. Lousy placements on U-turns
3. Too many edited out tasks.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2012, 02:46:51 AM »
Grant somehow got worse as a host. During his narration it sounds like he's recording it in slow motion.
I think i know whyhe dose this . He also dose the narration for Border Saruarty where he has to sound slow and boring.

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2012, 05:48:00 AM »
Just to give my two cents: I know a lot of you seem to hate the whole "you are the nth team to arrive/check in" because it isn't how it's done in the American version, but that's just the point. This isn't the American version, maybe it's just me but I think it's good that we set ourselves apart a bit even if we just do it in the hosting style.

As for the whole China repeat thing, they were in Hong Kong first season and Beijing this season. Maybe I'm undereducated but they're vastly different, in brief, the race could have done worse. It actually kind of annoyed me how after season 1 they claimed they had been to China (i.e. coloured it in on their countries visited map) when they had only been to HK. Cities like Beijing and Guilin also provide the language barrier and culture shock necessary to keep the race exciting in the last few legs, in these respects Canada was a lot similar to Australia and to have Canada as the last country (i.e. skip China), in my opinion, would have weakened the latter half of the race, given it a weaker ending.

But I will agree with you all on too many edited out, omitted tasks ><

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2012, 06:16:59 PM »
Joys:
The cast,
the fun not so villainous villains,
Lucy and Emilia's reactions,
the blondes dressing up with more hair,
Cuba.
Disappointments:
MIA on youtube,
no pit stop in France.

Offline BuuYaa

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR 22 <3; TAR 23 must be better
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2013, 12:18:44 PM »
I just watched the entire season of this and honestly I am very disappointed with the route of the race...

1. Why would they put a YIELD before an INTERSECTION? Two DIFFERENT OBSTACLES in the same leg? That's just plain stupid. You yielded a team and as soon as you encountered the INTERSECTION you just sat there waiting for those you just yielded.  :gaah:
2. MUST-VOTE-U-TURN? Like what the fu*k? This isn't Survivor or Big Brother.
3. In one leg they put a U-Turn in one country, and the pit-stop is in another one. Like  (:;) WTF? The U-turn went straight to drain

Please Bring'em back:
=======================================
MM: Jaymes&James; Mark&Bopper
FF: Caroline&Jennifer; Pam&Winnie; Natalie&Nadiya;
MF: Joey&Meghan;
Couple : Max&Katie; Abby&Ryan; Brendon&Rachel; Amani&Marcus;
Elder Couple : Chuck&Wynona; Bill&Cathi;
======================================

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2013, 06:04:59 PM »
I just watched the entire season of this and honestly I am very disappointed with the route of the race...

1. Why would they put a YIELD before an INTERSECTION? Two DIFFERENT OBSTACLES in the same leg? That's just plain stupid. You yielded a team and as soon as you encountered the INTERSECTION you just sat there waiting for those you just yielded.  :gaah:
2. MUST-VOTE-U-TURN? Like what the fu*k? This isn't Survivor or Big Brother.
3. In one leg they put a U-Turn in one country, and the pit-stop is in another one. Like  (:;) WTF? The U-turn went straight to drain

comment removed>>unacceptable.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 10:16:41 PM by georgiapeach »