The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Australia

TARAus2 Episode 11 (China) Discussion *SPOILERS*

<< < (3/8) > >>

123blueandwhite:
Seems like this leg will be a repeat of TAR 14? Lots of similarities!

starrynight:
The return of the crap taxi drivers (incompetant or corrupt).  This is really the reason this show (probably in any version) will be a near classic but never an absolute classic. :(  A damn shame as all they have to do is either have them self-driving, using public transport (this should be done FAR more) or have taxis which have been passed as knowing where to go.  Seeing anyone eliminated just because of bad taxis can just ruin the natural suspense of the show, and always leaves a sour taste to me.  And the whole begging thing normally stems from the cancer of the taxis as well.

racer:

--- Quote from: starrynight on August 15, 2012, 08:06:31 AM ---The return of the crap taxi drivers (incompetant or corrupt).  This is really the reason this show (probably in any version) will be a near classic but never an absolute classic. :(  A damn shame as all they have to do is either have them self-driving, using public transport (this should be done FAR more) or have taxis which have been passed as knowing where to go.  Seeing anyone eliminated just because of bad taxis can just ruin the natural suspense of the show, and always leaves a sour taste to me.  And the whole begging thing normally stems from the cancer of the taxis as well.

--- End quote ---

Well teams don't have to take taxis most of the time if they don't want to. They have the option of public transport since the clues usually say 'make your way to...' and they rarely explicitly state a mode of transportation, although they sometimes do. :tup: But I also wouldn't mind having more clues explicitly requiring teams to take public transport. :)

starrynight:
Well clues could always stipulate public transport. As I said though a lottery of choosing any taxi driver (instead of having a choice of good ones) makes some of the exits pretty silly.  It's like providing them with cars with some of them basically being undriveable.  Also in a race people will obviously pick whichever way will be potentially quickest and that forces them to take a chance with potentially useless taxis.  I think they should always have a proper map anyway, with landmarks given on it so they can actually work out some things for themselves.

And isn't it ridiculous getting penalised twice, first the taxi driver going to the wrong place AND taking the money as well?  What are racers supposed to do, physically retrieve their money off the taxi driver?  I think the cameraman should at least reimburse them the money,otherwise it's doubly stupid.

racer:
I get where you are coming from :tup: - I don't like seeing them have to beg for money either and it's something I probably wouldn't be able to do on the race personally :( - but if they had unlimited funds at their disposal, then it takes away the money management aspect of the race (plus we wouldn't get scenes like the one of James & Sarah fighting over Coke bottles :lol:).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version