Author Topic: TARaus 2 Episode 9 SHOW Updates and Discussion  (Read 25668 times)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
TARaus 2 Episode 9 SHOW Updates and Discussion
« on: July 23, 2012, 02:19:52 AM »
Dose anyone know who is filing in for Coutzy.

Iam willing to do it but it will be a little late (15-20 minutes) as i have to go somewhere and wont be back til 7:45 ish.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARaus 2 Episode 9 SHOW Updates and Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 03:11:02 AM »
Dose anyone know who is filing in for Coutzy.

Iam willing to do it but it will be a little late (15-20 minutes) as i have to go somewhere and wont be back til 7:45 ish.

I'll gladly update until you take over?? Sound good??  :)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 04:45:06 AM »
Episode 9 (Vancouver, Canada)
Commentary brought to you by supah3ro!

Here we go!

Previously.. on The Amazing Race Australia! As the race hit Cuba, a marathon leg took its toll on Michelle and Jo and James and Sarah. paul and Steve won the leg, Sticky and Sam came in last

6 teams remain, who will be eliminated next?

Paul and Steve will depart at 12:03am

Fly to Vancouver! Make your way to stanley park and find the totem poles and the chief who will give you your next clue

Shane and Andrew will depart at ??

Michelle and Jo will depart 12:35am

James and Sarah will depart 2:01am

Lucy and Emilia will depart 2:17am

Joseph and Grace 3:22am

Paul VS Joseph at check in

All teams on flight to Vancouver via Toronto arriving at 4:56pm

Usual taxi business

All teams given necklaces by chief. Then make your way on foot to Vancouver Rowing Club with 2 paddles. Hours of Operation 8:30am. Teams going to hotels for the night. james and Sarah sleep in. Argument in taxi

Rowing club opens! FAST FORWARD! Paul and Steve + Cops going for it!

Continuing teams - kayak to Harbour Green Park and decipher a word puzzle using the nautical flags which each represent a letter

The water is FREEZING!!

Lucy having trouble getting into the kayak

JAMES AND SARAH FORGOT TO PAY FOR THEIR HOTEL ROOM!!!!!!

Race for the Fast Forward!! Ad break

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 04:58:51 AM »
Paul and Steve get a taxi. Cops give up for the Fast Forward.

Teams at nautical flags. Very confused.

James and Sarah arrive at rowing club and theyre going to back to pay for their hotel room!!!!! Oh my....

Cops kayaking now...

Paul and Steve, Fast Forward - pose nude for an art class until all students have finished their sketches to win the Fast Forward

Detour: Toss or Tumble 
Toss - use axe to hit target
Tumble - balance on a log roll for 10 rotations

Michelle are in 1st and are going for Tumble

James and Sarah back at rowing club and are finally rowing with VERY little cash

Shane and Andrew in 2nd. Theyre going for Toss

Joseph and Grace in 3rd going for Toss

James and Sarah arguing.... Again

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 06:03:24 AM »
im so sorry i didn't finish the updates!!! my damned internet was going off and on and off and on
heres a summary of what happened after:

Paul and Steve won the FF and were 1st at the Pit Stop

The RB was to hop atop a moving tram and grab 3 flags on the way up to Grouse Mountain. If they failed after 3 attempts, they would receive a 4 hour penalty.
The Pit Stop was Crab Park in downtown Vancouver

Shane and Andrew completed the Toss Detour, Shane did the RB and finished the leg in 2nd

Michelle and Jo completed Tumble Detour, Michelle did the RB and finished the leg in 3rd
P.S. I think the editors have forgotten to bleep out swear words... I'm pretty sure I heard Jo say "this is so f***ing confusing" - did anyone else get that??

Joseph and Grace completed the Toss Detour, Grace did the RB and struggled as she was very short and the flags were up high. After 2 failed attempts she completed it on the 3rd attempt. Their waiting taxi driver said the meter was still on and they owed him $150!! he got very angry with them and they had to beg for money. They arrived at the Pit Stop in 4th place.

Lucy and Emilia struggled during the Tumble Detour, especially Lucy. After blood sweat and tears, Emilia managed to do all 10 rotations on the log. Emilia did the RB and failed on 1st attempt. On 2nd attempt she used her mother as an inspiration to finish the task. On the way up she sang a Bryan Adams song  :lol: and finished the task with a few more happy tears. The sisters arrived at the Pit Stop in 5th

JAMES AND SARAH!!!! finished the nautical flag puzzle and completed the Toss Detour. They had very little money and managed to get $5 from a kind Chinese couple. Their taxi driver was aware they had little money but he was kind enough to take them to the RB for free. Sarah did the RB in one go. They took a DIFFERENT taxi to the Pit Stop and when they got there he said he wouldn't let them go. they had to beg. They asked a policemen to compromise with the driver and he agreed to let them off if they sent him a bottle of Fosters wine from Australia  :lol: They arrived at the pit stop last and were... eliminated  :'(

Now I'm not sure if this is exactly what the ad said, but I got that there will be no TARAus for 3 WEEKS OR the finale is on 13TH AUGUST! Which I am furious about. Someone needs to confirm this.
The ad made a huge deal of getting rid of Paul and Steve
It said the race will continue on to Canada (mountains), China (temple?) and back home to the motherland (pretty sure i saw Fraser Island) 
Next week's tasks include ice wall climbing, mechanical bull riding, skiing?, and getting a clue out of a block of ice

SPOILER
Show content
I saw evidence of two other teams in the Final 4, but i will not say unless you guys really want to know :(
PM me if you really want the spoiler, I dont want to ruin it for people who dont want to know

Anyway, this was a very good episode IMO with some great moments

thats all i got from tonight guys... I'm sorry I let you down  :( Damn Telstra!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:16:18 AM by supah3ro »

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 07:40:22 AM »
 :tup: Great Job supah3ro!!

:lol: James & Sarah had the worst luck. I cant' wait to see Emilia singing (it was "everything i do i do it for you???").

And i really want to know that spoiler... :hoot:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 07:55:11 AM by -mxn- »

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 01:43:08 PM »
That's it! That's it!

It was up to debate before but after this episode it's very clear,

they are for me the best female/female team ever, if not the best team period.

I love 'em to death.
Bring on the 21!

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 02:36:53 PM »
super job supah3ro. Thank you very much.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 07:35:34 PM »
SARAH :torche :torche :torche :torche :torche :torche :torche :torche :torche :torche

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 11:26:23 PM »
This had to be my favourite episode of the season. :hearts:

LUCY WANTING TO WRESTLE A BEAR! <33333333333333333333333 :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I didn't hear half of the scenes with Lucy & Emilia in them, because of everyone's reactions in the cinema whenever they came on! :lol: :lol3:

LUCY GETTING IN THE BOAT! <33333333333333333333333 JOSEPH & GRACE HELPING HER GET IN! <333333333333333333333333333333333 :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

They are beyond doubt the funniest team in TAR history in my book! :hearts: And definitely in my Top Three of All-Time, along with Flo & Zach and Charla & Mirna of course, and I'd even go as far as saying they are my equal favourite team of all-time, tied with both of those teams I just mentioned. :hearts:

I can't believe the ending! It was just like a replay of Uchenna & Joyce versus Rob & Amber at the TAR7 Finish Line, only with the opposite outcome! :ascared So sad that James & Sarah went home the way they did, :'( but I'm just so relieved that Lucy & Emilia survived! :whew
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 05:04:19 AM »
they had an incredible episode, both hilarious and emotional

I loved the trouble Lucy had with the boat, their hillbilly impersonation  :lol3:.

Their dedication of this leg to their mum was also great, it was especially awesome when Emilia was doing the roadblock
Bring on the 21!

Offline NorCalRacer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 05:50:02 AM »
One of my most favourite episode!
The scenery of Vancouver from Grouse Mtn is so gorgeous!! I hope I'm one of the people to perform that RB. :hrt:
The FF......I prefer James and Sarah or The Blondes to perform it! :colors :colors :colors :-[ :-[ :-[
Paul and Steve once again team no.1, good job for them. :tup:
Both sides of the Detour looks fun but definitely the logrolling is horrible.
I would give 9/10 since one of my favourite team got grantliminated... :'( :'( :'(

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 05:53:22 AM »
At first I thought the logrolling Detour involved doing ten spins in one go! :ascared That would've been impossible! :lol:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 05:58:23 AM »
At first I thought the logrolling Detour involved doing ten spins in one go! :ascared That would've been impossible! :lol:

Yeah i thought that too...
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 06:03:58 AM »
Sarah was actually really smart in this episode with her strategy to stand at the back of the cable car to get closer to the flags! Really impressive stuff! :hoot: :hoot:

Another epic moment was Sarah asking the 'Toss' Detour people if she could throw the axe sideways, and the man says, "No! You'll take all our heads off!" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 06:42:37 AM »
Hunners!  :torche
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline nandn

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 07:55:16 AM »
 Ummmmm blahblahMay i ask your teacher?Do u have a skill?Just only luck. :keeta:But i love u :<3I m Tarfan from Thailand. :pray: 

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 08:07:16 AM »
Pretty good leg.

Very happy Grace and Joseph continued.  Horrible taxi driver.  I have to ask...why no self driving again????

The log roll task always looked more difficult, luckily a couple of teams surprisingly tried it anyway.

I have liked Lucy and Emilia but actually liked them slightly less in this episode.  The mother story heard once was enough, I'm not a moron and don't have to hear about it loads of times.  Getting a bit like the American race there, preaching a human interest story instead of getting on with the race.  So I might have actually preferred Sarah and James to continue.  Sad to hear James talking about how close they are and how they will continue together when we now know they have broken up.  Sarah was funny and a star but at the same time was an obvious weakness in that team with the racing.

I'm in two minds about these kinds of fast forwards.  It was an interesting test as to whether someone would do it, would a female team have done it?  I suspect not lol.  But these fast forwards are also likely to make people think that the first to leave for it has won it (if they do it) so there isn't real competition at the actual fast forward itself.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 08:26:30 AM »
I have liked Lucy and Emilia but actually liked them slightly less in this episode.  The mother story heard once was enough, I'm not a moron and don't have to hear about it loads of times.  Getting a bit like the American race there, preaching a human interest story instead of getting on with the race.

Actually, I don't even think they have ever mentioned it on the show before this episode - or if they have, no more than a brief mention. :duno:

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 09:05:45 AM »
Ouch i got it wrong.. it was "Heaven" by Bryan Adams... but "Everything I do I do it for you" would have fitted better since Emilia was all the time "do it for mom".

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 09:12:23 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 09:29:43 AM »
coming
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 11:04:55 AM »
I have liked Lucy and Emilia but actually liked them slightly less in this episode.  The mother story heard once was enough, I'm not a moron and don't have to hear about it loads of times.  Getting a bit like the American race there, preaching a human interest story instead of getting on with the race.

Actually, I don't even think they have ever mentioned it on the show before this episode - or if they have, no more than a brief mention. :duno:

I'm not blaming them, to me it's the editors fault.  We had them as the funny fun team and suddenly the producers switched the whole angle in this program and it didn't work for me.  It felt really forced as if they wanted to make this program about their mother and it was like the shows makers were trying to manipulate me.  I hate that kind of approach.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:10:58 AM by starrynight »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2012, 11:23:01 AM »

Now I'm not sure if this is exactly what the ad said, but I got that there will be no TARAus for 3 WEEKS OR the finale is on 13TH AUGUST! Which I am furious about. Someone needs to confirm this.

supah3ro,

There is a not-so-small event happening in London July 27 - August 2 called thee Olympics. That is why the Australian broadcasters are switching focus for 2.5 weeks. Once the Olympics are over, Amazing Race Australia 2 will be back the next day.

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 12:27:34 PM »
Sad to see James & Sarah get eliminated, as I hoped that they would make it to the Final 3. But they had a remarkable run, making it a lot farther than I expected, as I originally thought they would be gone by the 2nd leg, because of those hunners. And they would have been the only team that I would liked to see to do the Fast Forward. (Well, really just Sarah). :D With them gone, no more couples in the race, which we don't often see this far in the race.

DisGrace did not annoy me this time around, and she actually nailed the axe challenge really well, considering how puny looking she is, compared to the other racers.

Still liking the other teams, and starting to get annoyed that Paul & Steve wins another leg again, making it 5 in a row. I wonder if the other teams will cheer together like in TAR19, when the Black Team gets eliminated.

Normally, the 3-week wait would bother me, but in this case, it won't since my full attention will be on the Olympics.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 12:44:50 PM by WalterC »