Author Topic: TARaus 2 Episode 9 SHOW Updates and Discussion  (Read 25660 times)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
TARaus 2 Episode 9 SHOW Updates and Discussion
« on: July 23, 2012, 02:19:52 AM »
Dose anyone know who is filing in for Coutzy.

Iam willing to do it but it will be a little late (15-20 minutes) as i have to go somewhere and wont be back til 7:45 ish.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARaus 2 Episode 9 SHOW Updates and Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 03:11:02 AM »
Dose anyone know who is filing in for Coutzy.

Iam willing to do it but it will be a little late (15-20 minutes) as i have to go somewhere and wont be back til 7:45 ish.

I'll gladly update until you take over?? Sound good??  :)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 04:45:06 AM »
Episode 9 (Vancouver, Canada)
Commentary brought to you by supah3ro!

Here we go!

Previously.. on The Amazing Race Australia! As the race hit Cuba, a marathon leg took its toll on Michelle and Jo and James and Sarah. paul and Steve won the leg, Sticky and Sam came in last

6 teams remain, who will be eliminated next?

Paul and Steve will depart at 12:03am

Fly to Vancouver! Make your way to stanley park and find the totem poles and the chief who will give you your next clue

Shane and Andrew will depart at ??

Michelle and Jo will depart 12:35am

James and Sarah will depart 2:01am

Lucy and Emilia will depart 2:17am

Joseph and Grace 3:22am

Paul VS Joseph at check in

All teams on flight to Vancouver via Toronto arriving at 4:56pm

Usual taxi business

All teams given necklaces by chief. Then make your way on foot to Vancouver Rowing Club with 2 paddles. Hours of Operation 8:30am. Teams going to hotels for the night. james and Sarah sleep in. Argument in taxi

Rowing club opens! FAST FORWARD! Paul and Steve + Cops going for it!

Continuing teams - kayak to Harbour Green Park and decipher a word puzzle using the nautical flags which each represent a letter

The water is FREEZING!!

Lucy having trouble getting into the kayak

JAMES AND SARAH FORGOT TO PAY FOR THEIR HOTEL ROOM!!!!!!

Race for the Fast Forward!! Ad break

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 04:58:51 AM »
Paul and Steve get a taxi. Cops give up for the Fast Forward.

Teams at nautical flags. Very confused.

James and Sarah arrive at rowing club and theyre going to back to pay for their hotel room!!!!! Oh my....

Cops kayaking now...

Paul and Steve, Fast Forward - pose nude for an art class until all students have finished their sketches to win the Fast Forward

Detour: Toss or Tumble 
Toss - use axe to hit target
Tumble - balance on a log roll for 10 rotations

Michelle are in 1st and are going for Tumble

James and Sarah back at rowing club and are finally rowing with VERY little cash

Shane and Andrew in 2nd. Theyre going for Toss

Joseph and Grace in 3rd going for Toss

James and Sarah arguing.... Again

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 06:03:24 AM »
im so sorry i didn't finish the updates!!! my damned internet was going off and on and off and on
heres a summary of what happened after:

Paul and Steve won the FF and were 1st at the Pit Stop

The RB was to hop atop a moving tram and grab 3 flags on the way up to Grouse Mountain. If they failed after 3 attempts, they would receive a 4 hour penalty.
The Pit Stop was Crab Park in downtown Vancouver

Shane and Andrew completed the Toss Detour, Shane did the RB and finished the leg in 2nd

Michelle and Jo completed Tumble Detour, Michelle did the RB and finished the leg in 3rd
P.S. I think the editors have forgotten to bleep out swear words... I'm pretty sure I heard Jo say "this is so f***ing confusing" - did anyone else get that??

Joseph and Grace completed the Toss Detour, Grace did the RB and struggled as she was very short and the flags were up high. After 2 failed attempts she completed it on the 3rd attempt. Their waiting taxi driver said the meter was still on and they owed him $150!! he got very angry with them and they had to beg for money. They arrived at the Pit Stop in 4th place.

Lucy and Emilia struggled during the Tumble Detour, especially Lucy. After blood sweat and tears, Emilia managed to do all 10 rotations on the log. Emilia did the RB and failed on 1st attempt. On 2nd attempt she used her mother as an inspiration to finish the task. On the way up she sang a Bryan Adams song  :lol: and finished the task with a few more happy tears. The sisters arrived at the Pit Stop in 5th

JAMES AND SARAH!!!! finished the nautical flag puzzle and completed the Toss Detour. They had very little money and managed to get $5 from a kind Chinese couple. Their taxi driver was aware they had little money but he was kind enough to take them to the RB for free. Sarah did the RB in one go. They took a DIFFERENT taxi to the Pit Stop and when they got there he said he wouldn't let them go. they had to beg. They asked a policemen to compromise with the driver and he agreed to let them off if they sent him a bottle of Fosters wine from Australia  :lol: They arrived at the pit stop last and were... eliminated  :'(

Now I'm not sure if this is exactly what the ad said, but I got that there will be no TARAus for 3 WEEKS OR the finale is on 13TH AUGUST! Which I am furious about. Someone needs to confirm this.
The ad made a huge deal of getting rid of Paul and Steve
It said the race will continue on to Canada (mountains), China (temple?) and back home to the motherland (pretty sure i saw Fraser Island) 
Next week's tasks include ice wall climbing, mechanical bull riding, skiing?, and getting a clue out of a block of ice

SPOILER
Show content
I saw evidence of two other teams in the Final 4, but i will not say unless you guys really want to know :(
PM me if you really want the spoiler, I dont want to ruin it for people who dont want to know

Anyway, this was a very good episode IMO with some great moments

thats all i got from tonight guys... I'm sorry I let you down  :( Damn Telstra!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:16:18 AM by supah3ro »

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 07:40:22 AM »
 :tup: Great Job supah3ro!!

:lol: James & Sarah had the worst luck. I cant' wait to see Emilia singing (it was "everything i do i do it for you???").

And i really want to know that spoiler... :hoot:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 07:55:11 AM by -mxn- »

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 01:43:08 PM »
That's it! That's it!

It was up to debate before but after this episode it's very clear,

they are for me the best female/female team ever, if not the best team period.

I love 'em to death.
Bring on the 21!

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 02:36:53 PM »
super job supah3ro. Thank you very much.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 07:35:34 PM »
SARAH :torche :torche :torche :torche :torche :torche :torche :torche :torche :torche

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 11:26:23 PM »
This had to be my favourite episode of the season. :hearts:

LUCY WANTING TO WRESTLE A BEAR! <33333333333333333333333 :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I didn't hear half of the scenes with Lucy & Emilia in them, because of everyone's reactions in the cinema whenever they came on! :lol: :lol3:

LUCY GETTING IN THE BOAT! <33333333333333333333333 JOSEPH & GRACE HELPING HER GET IN! <333333333333333333333333333333333 :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

They are beyond doubt the funniest team in TAR history in my book! :hearts: And definitely in my Top Three of All-Time, along with Flo & Zach and Charla & Mirna of course, and I'd even go as far as saying they are my equal favourite team of all-time, tied with both of those teams I just mentioned. :hearts:

I can't believe the ending! It was just like a replay of Uchenna & Joyce versus Rob & Amber at the TAR7 Finish Line, only with the opposite outcome! :ascared So sad that James & Sarah went home the way they did, :'( but I'm just so relieved that Lucy & Emilia survived! :whew
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 05:04:19 AM »
they had an incredible episode, both hilarious and emotional

I loved the trouble Lucy had with the boat, their hillbilly impersonation  :lol3:.

Their dedication of this leg to their mum was also great, it was especially awesome when Emilia was doing the roadblock
Bring on the 21!

Offline NorCalRacer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 05:50:02 AM »
One of my most favourite episode!
The scenery of Vancouver from Grouse Mtn is so gorgeous!! I hope I'm one of the people to perform that RB. :hrt:
The FF......I prefer James and Sarah or The Blondes to perform it! :colors :colors :colors :-[ :-[ :-[
Paul and Steve once again team no.1, good job for them. :tup:
Both sides of the Detour looks fun but definitely the logrolling is horrible.
I would give 9/10 since one of my favourite team got grantliminated... :'( :'( :'(

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 05:53:22 AM »
At first I thought the logrolling Detour involved doing ten spins in one go! :ascared That would've been impossible! :lol:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 05:58:23 AM »
At first I thought the logrolling Detour involved doing ten spins in one go! :ascared That would've been impossible! :lol:

Yeah i thought that too...
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 06:03:58 AM »
Sarah was actually really smart in this episode with her strategy to stand at the back of the cable car to get closer to the flags! Really impressive stuff! :hoot: :hoot:

Another epic moment was Sarah asking the 'Toss' Detour people if she could throw the axe sideways, and the man says, "No! You'll take all our heads off!" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 06:42:37 AM »
Hunners!  :torche
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline nandn

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 07:55:16 AM »
 Ummmmm blahblahMay i ask your teacher?Do u have a skill?Just only luck. :keeta:But i love u :<3I m Tarfan from Thailand. :pray: 

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 08:07:16 AM »
Pretty good leg.

Very happy Grace and Joseph continued.  Horrible taxi driver.  I have to ask...why no self driving again????

The log roll task always looked more difficult, luckily a couple of teams surprisingly tried it anyway.

I have liked Lucy and Emilia but actually liked them slightly less in this episode.  The mother story heard once was enough, I'm not a moron and don't have to hear about it loads of times.  Getting a bit like the American race there, preaching a human interest story instead of getting on with the race.  So I might have actually preferred Sarah and James to continue.  Sad to hear James talking about how close they are and how they will continue together when we now know they have broken up.  Sarah was funny and a star but at the same time was an obvious weakness in that team with the racing.

I'm in two minds about these kinds of fast forwards.  It was an interesting test as to whether someone would do it, would a female team have done it?  I suspect not lol.  But these fast forwards are also likely to make people think that the first to leave for it has won it (if they do it) so there isn't real competition at the actual fast forward itself.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 08:26:30 AM »
I have liked Lucy and Emilia but actually liked them slightly less in this episode.  The mother story heard once was enough, I'm not a moron and don't have to hear about it loads of times.  Getting a bit like the American race there, preaching a human interest story instead of getting on with the race.

Actually, I don't even think they have ever mentioned it on the show before this episode - or if they have, no more than a brief mention. :duno:

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 09:05:45 AM »
Ouch i got it wrong.. it was "Heaven" by Bryan Adams... but "Everything I do I do it for you" would have fitted better since Emilia was all the time "do it for mom".

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 09:12:23 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 09:29:43 AM »
coming
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 11:04:55 AM »
I have liked Lucy and Emilia but actually liked them slightly less in this episode.  The mother story heard once was enough, I'm not a moron and don't have to hear about it loads of times.  Getting a bit like the American race there, preaching a human interest story instead of getting on with the race.

Actually, I don't even think they have ever mentioned it on the show before this episode - or if they have, no more than a brief mention. :duno:

I'm not blaming them, to me it's the editors fault.  We had them as the funny fun team and suddenly the producers switched the whole angle in this program and it didn't work for me.  It felt really forced as if they wanted to make this program about their mother and it was like the shows makers were trying to manipulate me.  I hate that kind of approach.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:10:58 AM by starrynight »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2012, 11:23:01 AM »

Now I'm not sure if this is exactly what the ad said, but I got that there will be no TARAus for 3 WEEKS OR the finale is on 13TH AUGUST! Which I am furious about. Someone needs to confirm this.

supah3ro,

There is a not-so-small event happening in London July 27 - August 2 called thee Olympics. That is why the Australian broadcasters are switching focus for 2.5 weeks. Once the Olympics are over, Amazing Race Australia 2 will be back the next day.

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 12:27:34 PM »
Sad to see James & Sarah get eliminated, as I hoped that they would make it to the Final 3. But they had a remarkable run, making it a lot farther than I expected, as I originally thought they would be gone by the 2nd leg, because of those hunners. And they would have been the only team that I would liked to see to do the Fast Forward. (Well, really just Sarah). :D With them gone, no more couples in the race, which we don't often see this far in the race.

DisGrace did not annoy me this time around, and she actually nailed the axe challenge really well, considering how puny looking she is, compared to the other racers.

Still liking the other teams, and starting to get annoyed that Paul & Steve wins another leg again, making it 5 in a row. I wonder if the other teams will cheer together like in TAR19, when the Black Team gets eliminated.

Normally, the 3-week wait would bother me, but in this case, it won't since my full attention will be on the Olympics.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 12:44:50 PM by WalterC »

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2012, 01:40:56 PM »
A 3 week wait certainly bothers me, and I'm sure it will bother most of the audience, I'd expect the ratings to go down.  I haven't been that keen on the Olympics for quite a few years, but The Amazing Race is really a completely different thing anyway.  And it wouldn't surprise me if at least a few other shows are continuing anyway, it's just that The Amazing Race isn't given great priority.  That seems to happen in America too with competitive reality shows.

The return of begging as a big feature of the race isn't something I'm that keen on.  Here it isn't through a penalty but simply because the money they are given seems very tight.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2012, 02:54:39 PM »
Money tight or taxi extortion.

Offline NorCalRacer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2012, 04:12:59 PM »
Since DisGrace and Hunners Teams got their money issue, I wonder if taking taxi in Vancouver is an expensive thing?

Offline 123blueandwhite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2012, 04:17:27 PM »
Since DisGrace and Hunners Teams got their money issue, I wonder if taking taxi in Vancouver is an expensive thing?

It is. Plus they also stayed at a hotel which was probably took a chunk of what they already had.

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2012, 03:25:12 PM »

Vancouver is quite an expensive city to do anything in and taxis in Canada are pretty expensive in general. You can get charged nearly a dollar at a red light if you're unlucky

Offline Telepek

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2012, 05:21:34 PM »
Ok, i really have to write something about this.

In my opinion this leg was basically the best leg ever in the last 5 years of TAR history [and i am talking about every season in every country]. Everything was basically perfect: a perfect, very beautifoul location [Americans - seriously, 21 seasons of TAR and Canada had been visited only once? Are you kidding? I mean if whole Canada is that gorgeous they have legs for 10 seasons?! Considering what the route in 21 season will be i really prefered this season take place in Canada only. it's just gorgeous.], and perfect tasks [not so easy, but also not very hard, beautifuly showing us what Canada has to offer. The fast forward was really big step forward in the TAR history - i do not recall in other seasons that brave tasks, and i won't deny that i want more...  :lol:

I really want Paul and Steve to go. They are good racers but i just can't stand their "In your face" behaviour. It's great that all the teams will "Team Up" against them, and i am hoping that they won't reach the final 3. And with Paul&Steve Lucy&Emilia cal also go. I really liked them at the beginning but now in my opinion this teams is just forced there to try and make the viewers emotional in a very "Booper&Mark" way and i really hate that.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2012, 10:13:58 PM »
Actually, that naked task has been used in second season of TAR Israel, Telepek :tup:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 10:26:58 PM by Theodorus »
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline balfour

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2012, 01:35:53 AM »
Americans - seriously, 21 seasons of TAR and Canada had been visited only once? Are you kidding? I mean if whole Canada is that gorgeous they have legs for 10 seasons?!

Twice, actually. TAR5 visited Alberta (Banff & Calgary). TAR8 visited Montreal, Toronto & Niagara Falls (For a long final leg, racers slept in the Stade Olympique waiting for a chartered flight) .

But I agree with you. It's shocking that there hasn't been a pitstop in Canada until TARaus. I think the producers of TAR skip Canada because they want a significant cultural change for the racers on the first leg. And then Canada isn't even really considered when returning back to the US to wrap up the race.

I'd like to see more of our neighbors to the north on TAR.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2012, 06:11:08 AM »
I just realized something.

The top 6 is the opisite of the bottom 6 of last season

The couple that fights - Chris & Anastasia / James & Sarah
The Sisters - Alana & Mel / Michelle & Jo
The clueless yet funny M/M - Mo & Mos / Shane & Andrew
The over competative team no one likes - Richard & Joey / Paul & Steve
The lovely and very funny F/F - Anne-Marie & Tracy / Lucy & Emilia
The brother sister - Ryot & Liberty / Joseph & Grace

So my probaily worng theory is that Joseph & Grace will win, Lucy & Emilia will come 2nd, Paul & Steve will come third, Shane & Andrew will come 4th ,Michelle & Jo come 5th

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2012, 09:34:17 AM »
In my opinion this leg was basically the best leg ever in the last 5 years of TAR history [and i am talking about every season in every country]. Everything was basically perfect: a perfect, very beautifoul location [Americans - seriously, 21 seasons of TAR and Canada had been visited only once? Are you kidding? I mean if whole Canada is that gorgeous they have legs for 10 seasons?! Considering what the route in 21 season will be i really prefered this season take place in Canada only. it's just gorgeous.], and perfect tasks [not so easy, but also not very hard, beautifuly showing us what Canada has to offer. The fast forward was really big step forward in the TAR history - i do not recall in other seasons that brave tasks, and i won't deny that i want more...

I think for it to be that great a leg it needed some self-driving, that brings more natural drama than bad taxi drivers and begging.  And the FF would probably never be done in America (where you can't even show a small part of someone's ass lol), but obviously not all cultures would shirk from putting a task like that in the race.

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2012, 11:49:05 AM »
One think which jarred me in the begininng was hearing the locals speak English with American accents (I'm American and yes I know they were actually in Canada so technically it was a Canadian accent). It was further reinforced when one of the Cops (I think) told a local nice accent. I thought what accent?
    I know the Amazing Race France just recently visited the U.S. (The first ever foreign version to visit the U.S. !!!! Thanks Lafayette !) So I'll be extremely interested in seeing how the Racers fare here.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2012, 12:18:07 PM »
I just realized something.

The top 6 is the opisite of the bottom 6 of last season

The couple that fights - Chris & Anastasia / James & Sarah
The Sisters - Alana & Mel / Michelle & Jo
The clueless yet funny M/M - Mo & Mos / Shane & Andrew
The over competative team no one likes - Richard & Joey / Paul & Steve
The lovely and very funny F/F - Anne-Marie & Tracy / Lucy & Emilia
The brother sister - Ryot & Liberty / Joseph & Grace

So my probaily worng theory is that Joseph & Grace will win, Lucy & Emilia will come 2nd, Paul & Steve will come third, Shane & Andrew will come 4th ,Michelle & Jo come 5th

I prefer to see like this :

6th - Chris and Anastasia/James and Sarah --> Bickering couple
5th - Dave and Kelly/Lucy and Emilia --> Loved teams
4th - Matt and Tom/Shane and Andrew --> Sometimes they're pretty dumb and clueless.
3rd - Joseph and Grace/Jeff and Luke --> Family bounds
2nd - Michelle and Jo/Sam and Renae --> Girl POWER!
1st - Paul and Steve/Nathan and Tyler --> DOMINATION!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2012, 03:07:18 PM »
One think which jarred me in the begininng was hearing the locals speak English with American accents (I'm American and yes I know they were actually in Canada so technically it was a Canadian accent). It was further reinforced when one of the Cops (I think) told a local nice accent. I thought what accent?
    I know the Amazing Race France just recently visited the U.S. (The first ever foreign version to visit the U.S. !!!! Thanks Lafayette !) So I'll be extremely interested in seeing how the Racers fare here.

The only part of Canada which has French as the primary language is Quebec. Every other province is English-speaking. Canadian are known for their humorous use of the word "eh" like Doug and Bob McKenzie from Second City Television decades ago

Offline balfour

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2012, 03:24:35 PM »

That was said to the Pit Stop greeter by Steve i think  ???. That greeter was attractive so I think he was trying to chat her up  :lol:

Anyway...  Canadian and American accents probably sound different enough to Aussies.

Offline 123blueandwhite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2012, 04:18:00 PM »
I think it's more of a North American accent in general.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2012, 09:31:54 PM »
To me, the accent of the Pit Stop greeter was very noticeable. Maybe people from the US don't notice it that much, but it is different.
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline 123blueandwhite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2012, 11:21:52 PM »
To me, the accent of the Pit Stop greeter was very noticeable. Maybe people from the US don't notice it that much, but it is different.
I think some Americans expect Canadians to have a slightly different accent. I, myself have never been questioned but i've had friends and relatives leave the country and the Americans have remarked that they are surprised that they don't have an accent.

I felt the greeter spoke in a more pronounced manner, but honestly most Americans and Canadians speak with generally the same accent.

Edit: Not sure if I made it clear, but I am from Vancouver!

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2012, 12:10:53 AM »
I always figured the people most likely to notice the difference between a Canadian accent and American accent would be the people who actually live here.  :duno:

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2012, 12:43:49 AM »
Australian and New Zealand accents are supposed to be slightly different as well but I'm sure can sound the same to those not used to hearing both of them.

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2012, 12:43:33 PM »
I think some Americans expect Canadians to have a slightly different accent. I, myself have never been questioned but i've had friends and relatives leave the country and the Americans have remarked that they are surprised that they don't have an accent.

I felt the greeter spoke in a more pronounced manner, but honestly most Americans and Canadians speak with generally the same accent.

Edit: Not sure if I made it clear, but I am from Vancouver!

Hello  123blueandwhite I've actually been to your city and Victoria when I was active duty military, we did training excercises with your Navy. I'll be honest I was really surprised how much fun Canada was and how there were so many beautiful Canadian women. I never noticed a difference between the way Americans and Canadians spoke English.
  I also recently worked with the Australian Navy closely and they were basically what I expected, really nice people who were fun to be with. There were also quite a few Canadians on board and I often mistook them for Americans when we were in civilian clothes.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:28:51 PM by AR FAN »

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2012, 12:55:16 PM »
Australian and New Zealand accents are supposed to be slightly different as well but I'm sure can sound the same to those not used to hearing both of them.
I once met a New Zealander, female, in Europe and after hearing her speak I said "Hey an Aussie!". She then, in a very humorous way, not mean at all, let me know she was a New Zealander and "Not an Aussie!". I still smile when I remember that.  :)

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2012, 12:58:55 PM »
I've had exactly the same experience as you, I guess New Zealanders are used to it.

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2012, 01:30:07 PM »
I've had exactly the same experience as you, I guess New Zealanders are used to it.

I AM NOT CANADIAN!!!!   :tantrum

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2012, 11:46:38 AM »
Honestly, I'll be pretty shocked if Paul and Steve wins. (I always believe in negative edit = non winner) Lucy and Emilia looked like their luck will run out next leg.. or the next.. I don't think they have what it takes to make the F3... :'(

The only two teams I see if chances of winning are Michelle and Jo and Joseph and Grace. Just a gut feeeeeeling.

Offline 123blueandwhite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2012, 02:44:05 PM »
Honestly, I'll be pretty shocked if Paul and Steve wins. (I always believe in negative edit = non winner) Lucy and Emilia looked like their luck will run out next leg.. or the next.. I don't think they have what it takes to make the F3... :'(

The only two teams I see if chances of winning are Michelle and Jo and Joseph and Grace. Just a gut feeeeeeling.
Joseph and Grace don't have a good edit either. My guess is Michelle and & Jo.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2012, 12:53:15 AM »
Joseph and Grace are not the main villians of the show because they did not really give James and Sarah a good edit too. Paul and Steve on the other hand are just plain negative.

The cops look like our usual 5th/3rd place team. Paul and Steve looks like a typical 2nd/1st place team but I really doubt they win. Lucy and Emilia... doubt they will make the F3. If they do... I'll be really really impressed.

I really think the win is down to Joseph and Grace and Michelle and Jo... and I have a gut feeling it's the brother and sister... :gaah: :knuckles:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2012, 01:01:19 AM »
The only really villainous thing Joseph and Grace have done is stealing James and Sarah's taxi. And maybe Grace teasing Paul.
But after that they've had a very neutral edit, and I wouldn't be surprised or annoyed if they win.
Michelle and Jo have got everything on them right now. Positive edit and consistent racing.
However I'm not sure what it is, but I just don't think they'll win, even though I want them to the most.  :(
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 01:18:36 AM by supah3ro »

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2012, 02:26:56 AM »
I know people really tend to want a huge villain on the show, but I really don't think you need one to enjoy it.  In fact it's probably a bit more interesting if people aren't just pushed at us by the producers as being goodies and baddies.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2012, 04:08:30 AM »
I, for one, don't think that Lucy & Emilia's "issue" was pushed on us. I think it came naturally due to the character development the producers are achieving for different teams. Knowing that the sisters are more than just a lucky, ditzy duo, gives them depth.
The story so far:

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2012, 05:32:27 AM »
I thought it came out of nowhere as if this was the program they were about to change their 'story', once at the start of the episode was ok but then getting them to do it during a task as well was a bit much. 

It reminded me a bit of the American version as well where people make out that somehow they are on the race not just for themselves but for other people (children, some issue etc) and that somehow that makes them more deserving of winning or doing well, or makes them more important or worthy of support.  I find that annoying, as really they are all on the race for themselves.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 06:41:27 AM by starrynight »

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2012, 02:17:02 PM »
The thing that came out of nowhere that bugged me the previous episode was the twins saying that they want to be the first all-female team to win The Amazing Race Australia. It's the second season! Who cares if you're the first female team to win? The only reason people went nuts with Nat & Kat is because it took 17 seasons. Not 2.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2012, 03:31:47 AM »
Best Loser, they just wanted to be the first all-female team to win The Amazing Race Australia, what's wrong with that? Whether it took 2 seasons or 20 seasons, they still want to be the first.

You hating them for wanting to win is just like hating any team who wants to win.. erm, okay? :res:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2012, 03:32:39 AM »
I, for one, don't think that Lucy & Emilia's "issue" was pushed on us. I think it came naturally due to the character development the producers are achieving for different teams. Knowing that the sisters are more than just a lucky, ditzy duo, gives them depth.

<3333333 Completely agree.

There could be overly lucky teams like Andrew and Dan but nobody likes them. :res:

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2012, 10:09:33 AM »
Best Loser, they just wanted to be the first all-female team to win The Amazing Race Australia, what's wrong with that? Whether it took 2 seasons or 20 seasons, they still want to be the first.

You hating them for wanting to win is just like hating any team who wants to win.. erm, okay? :res:
I just think it's kind of weird to be wanting to be the first _____-team to win whis early in the seasons. They'd still be one of the first teams to win, so I don't think sex really matters. Just my opinion.

Also I like Andrew & Dan

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2012, 03:45:31 AM »
Good for you then.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2012, 04:44:15 AM »
Good for you then.

I'm 100% with Joab. I'm sure they just want to set the title in stone of being the 'first all-female team to win The Amazing Rcae Australia. Just like Flo was the first female to win TAR. What's wrong with that?

Offline Sash

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2012, 05:45:53 AM »
The only really villainous thing Joseph and Grace have done is stealing James and Sarah's taxi. And maybe Grace teasing Paul.
But after that they've had a very neutral edit, and I wouldn't be surprised or annoyed if they win.

Sure villainous they may not be, maybe slightly immature is more the term that defines them more to me. Whatever it is, I can tell you as someone who went to the live screening with a room packed full of fans that when Grace and Joseph were on the screen or accomplished anything, say like the axe throwing, that hardly nobody cheered for them. But when any of the other teams did anything, the room would erupt with noise. They are definitely not the popular choice to win that is for sure.

As for the Lucy and Emily edit and issue...these girls are the real deal, they are what you see on the screen, they are warm and so naturally funny but they also have a beautiful mother who has been battling cancer for a couple of years, not to mention that they have lost a father to the same terrible illness, and I can tell you that they never stop thinking about their mother so those moments that get shared on the show are heartfelt and are not driven by the hopes to get sympathy but by the immense love of their mother, and I feel sorry for anyone who sees this in any negative light. 

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2012, 08:11:46 AM »
When there is a team getting a more negative edit (Paul and Steve), all other teams are getting a good edit. That's probably how I see it.

In TAR 9, even though BJ and Tyler did a lot of Monica and Eric stirring, Yielded them and everything, MoJo was still the one being given the negative edit.. just because BJ and Tyler won the race. I have yet to see a team who has been given the villianous edit and still winning the race. Tara and Wil lost, Joe and Bill lost, Teri and Ian lost, Colin and Christie lost, although Freddy and Kendra won, the bad edit of the season goes to Jon and Vic, Romber lost, Weaver lost, Dustin and Kandace (lost in TAR 10... everyone in the F3 hated them), Margie and Luke (they were sort of given the bad edit), Michael and Louie, Brent and Caite, Jill and Thomas, Globetrotters and even up till this season Art and JJ all didn't win. All of them were given a really not so good edit...

As compared to winners like Rob and Brennan, Chip and Kim, Uchenna and Joyce, Linz, Tyler and James, TK and Rachel and a few other winners whose edit was nothing but positive.. well, I guess.

Joseph and Grace's edit is a little of that like maybe Eric and Danielle.. where we see negative moments... but the focus of the negative edit is not them but another team, in this case Paul and Steve. That's why I still believe they still hold some chances of ultimately winning! :gaah:

Offline 123blueandwhite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2012, 02:56:48 AM »
If production wanted a squeaky clean edit for Joseph & Grace, they would've edited out some of the moronic stuff she said. I don't think Cindy & Ernie had a too much of a winner's edit either though.

I really don't see Joseph & Grace winning, my gut says Michelle and Jo but i'd be ok with Paul and Steve.

I think sometimes the audience is taking the alpha stuff from Paul too seriously, he's always laughing when he's talking about it. I think they've been getting a better edit as of late, but that may mean that they haven't been getting into too many schenaigans. I think Steve is really funny too, but he doesn't speak nearly as much as Paul.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2012, 10:19:45 AM »
If production wanted a squeaky clean edit for Joseph & Grace, they would've edited out some of the moronic stuff she said. I don't think Cindy & Ernie had a too much of a winner's edit either though.

I really don't see Joseph & Grace winning, my gut says Michelle and Jo but i'd be ok with Paul and Steve.

I think sometimes the audience is taking the alpha stuff from Paul too seriously, he's always laughing when he's talking about it. I think they've been getting a better edit as of late, but that may mean that they haven't been getting into too many schenaigans. I think Steve is really funny too, but he doesn't speak nearly as much as Paul.
I agree. I think the most likely winners by edit are Michelle & Jo and Lucy & Emilia (Though the chances of the latter happening...). I also agree with your point about Paul & Steve. Earlier, yeah, Paul was obnoxious, but now he's entertaining. And how can you take someone seriously who says something like "It's time for Evil Paul, which is the same as Normal Paul, which is the same as Sexy Paul."

Offline 123blueandwhite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2012, 12:34:37 PM »

I agree. I think the most likely winners by edit are Michelle & Jo and Lucy & Emilia (Though the chances of the latter happening...). I also agree with your point about Paul & Steve. Earlier, yeah, Paul was obnoxious, but now he's entertaining. And how can you take someone seriously who says something like "It's time for Evil Paul, which is the same as Normal Paul, which is the same as Sexy Paul."

:lol3: Oh man, that was hilarious!

and to the poster before that mentioned that Joseph and Grace haven't been getting the focus of all the negative editing, I believe as of the last few episodes they haven't been shown in the most positive light. If I hadn't watched the first five episodes or so, I wouldn't have known they were pegged as the villains. (edit: Paul & Steve that is)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 06:21:28 PM by 123blueandwhite »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2012, 01:08:06 PM »
I just feel that for TAR Australia... the first season they focused the edit on three teams, Matt and Tom, Sam and Ranae and Nathan and Tyler. Michelle and Jo seems to be our new Sam and Ranae, Paul and Steve our new Tyler and Nathan and of course the italian sisters are our favourite farmers??

I don't know how much edit plays into the outcome of TAR Aussie. But the first time it was quite obvious Nathan and Tyler would win. I'm not quite sure about Paul and Steve winning now!

Offline 123blueandwhite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2012, 12:06:30 AM »
Hey, don't Michelle & Jo lose their passports sometime in the race? Since it hasn't happened yet, it kinda looks like it'll happen from their flight to China back to Australia (Based on the previews at the start of the race).

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2012, 12:11:35 PM »
It seems like a Nathan and Tyler (robbed on train) situation. They will most likely get their passports back? I REALLY HOPE SO.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2012, 06:13:20 AM »
Hey, don't Michelle & Jo lose their passports sometime in the race? Since it hasn't happened yet, it kinda looks like it'll happen from their flight to China back to Australia (Based on the previews at the start of the race).

I'll tell you what else hasn't happened yet but has been seen in the previews:

SHANE & ANDREW'S MISREAD CLUE.   :o

Please please please misread the clue and get eliminated this leg so Lucy & Emilia can survive.  :please: :please: :please:

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2012, 07:41:22 AM »

I'll tell you what else hasn't happened yet but has been seen in the previews:

SHANE & ANDREW'S MISREAD CLUE.   :o

Please please please misread the clue and get eliminated this leg so Lucy & Emilia can survive.  :please: :please: :please:

what preview are you talking about?
Bring on the 21!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2012, 01:05:27 AM »
I can't remember it exactly, but it was the first preview to focus on a team.

It was: Talking about the cops, then it showed them inspecting a car, then it said: ONE MISREAD CLUE COULD LEAD TO THEIR ELIMIINATION and it showed Shane talking to a driver with a clue in his hand.

Offline 123blueandwhite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2012, 03:43:03 AM »
I can't remember it exactly, but it was the first preview to focus on a team.

It was: Talking about the cops, then it showed them inspecting a car, then it said: ONE MISREAD CLUE COULD LEAD TO THEIR ELIMIINATION and it showed Shane talking to a driver with a clue in his hand.
I just watched the one you were talking about. That happened in the very first episode in the Philippines.