Author Topic: TAR 21 Scheduling-Airing Times-Delays  (Read 51810 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR21 Scheduling-Airing Times-Delays >>Premiere Sun Sept 30!!!
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2012, 06:06:01 PM »
60 Minutes started at 705pm EDT. AR21 should start at 805pm

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2012, 06:14:50 PM »
Arizona just scored with :21 left in regulation and tied up the game with Miami, so it looks like this one is headed into overtime.
Sorry for the folks in Florida.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2012, 06:35:32 PM »
Miami versus Arizona is over in overtime, so the folks in Florida will be roughly 35 minutes behind most of the east coast tonight.
-- theschnauzers

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2012, 06:54:20 PM »
The Amazing Race ‏@AmazingRace_CBS
#CBSEyeAlert: due 2 live NFL football Sun,new start time for #AmazingRace (8:37pmET) for Miami,Orlando,FtMeyers,Mobile viewers ONLY
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2012, 07:28:03 PM »
Assignment of CBS NFL doubleheader games for 10/7 to areas of the U.S. is:

No game - Indianapolis, Pittsburgh

Denver vs. New England - most of the U.S. except below and above

Tennessee vs. Minnesota - MN, ND, SD, small NW corner of IL, large western part of WI

Buffalo vs. San Francisco - upstate NY, almost all of AZ, northern CA, almost all of Oregon, small part of NW Nevada

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
The folks in Indianapolis and Pittsburgh likely won't get the game earlier than the rest of the east coast, they will probably get the tail end of the NFL coverage until the east coast feed is ready for 60 Minutes.
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
For those in the Denver/New England game areas, this game is at the 2 minute warning and will be finished just after 730pm. There is likely to be a few minute delay on the start of 60 Minutes.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
60 Minutes did start at 733 pm EDT in the East and Central Time zone parts which had the New England/Denver game.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
The Tennessee game ended just after the New England game, and we've got 60 Minutes at about 5 to 6 minutes late.

Waiting for the Eye-lert.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
CBS Tweet ‏@CBSTweet

#CBSEyeAlert: due 2 live football Sun,new program times ET/CT Zones ONLY 60Mins (7:32 #AmazingRace (8:32)#GoodWife (9:32) Mentalist (10:32)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
The on-screen Eye-lert update for those who got the Tennessee game is TAR begins at 8:35 pm ET.

Apparently the feeds are going to differ by a few minutes depending on which late game you got this afternoon.

And off-topic, but this is my 2000th post at RFF!
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The on-screen Eye-lert update for those who got the Tennessee game is TAR begins at 8:35 pm ET.

Apparently the feeds are going to differ by a few minutes depending on which late game you got this afternoon.

:( I guess I can't be online and comment.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Sure you can!! Use the live stream, that is the standard!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Sure you can!! Use the live stream, that is the standard!

I didn't. I'd much rather watch it 3 minutes later and in HD over a stream.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

theschnauzers,
I do not want to see recognition of your 2000th lost in the shuffle of comments. Congratulations!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
apskip, it wasn't overlooked. Texas Lady started a thread to commemorate the occasion. But thanks!

Anyhow, the NFL game distribution maps for the CBS games Sunday aren't posted yet, but there will be some areas in the CBS east coast feed that will be getting the late games (New England at Seattle or Buffalo at Arizona) even though this is not a doubleheader week for CBS.
-- theschnauzers

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
These will be 4:05 games....so maybe TAR will start right around 8/7pm.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I had my first ever experience with a TAR advance or anti-delay or whatever you want to call it this past Sunday. After all the announcements about TAR starting at 8:30 PM to cut down on football overrun delays and after seeing Directv channel listings showing TAR starting at 8:30 PM, I was fully expecting TAR to start at 8:30 PM here on the west coast, even though football had been over for a couple of hours.  Fortunately, just after 8 PM, something in the back of my mind told me to check and make sure. So, I turn on the TV at 8:03 and Holy Crap! Abbie and Ryan are ripping open a clue!

I've learned my lesson. I don't care what the Directv schedule says, I'm checking in at 7:55 PM for the rest of the season. I threw this out here for everyone else to consider too.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Plaidmoon, the 8:30 pm time is only for the east coast feed; the west coast feed remains at its usual 8:00pm PT for the west coast feed.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
The game distribution maps are up for Sunday:

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2012/wk6.html

Areas getting the late games include:
All of New England, western New York state, Philadelphia and Baltimore markets, Detroit and eastern Michigan, St. Louis, Dallas, Austin, Brownsville, and much of central west Texas, Miami, Orlando, and the south and central east coast of Florida. and Milwaukee market.

Quite a few NFL home markets in that list.
-- theschnauzers

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
8:30 start tonight or 8:00 with delays?

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The Amazing Race
Due to Live football Sunday, The Amazing Race will air at 8:22pm ET & 7:22pm CT in New England area, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Miami/Orlando/Palm Beach, St. Louis, Detroit, Milwaukee and Dallas.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Polarod, that Eye-lert only went out to those areas with the east coast feed that got the game that overran its time slot. Most of us getting the east coast feed this past Sunday were not delayed.

In the meantime, as of just now, the506.com has not yet posted the distribution maps for this coming Sunday, which is a NFL doubleheader Sunday for CBS.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
We now have the distribution maps for Sunday's NFL doubleheader on CBS, and with the exception of the primary and secondary markers for the Jacksonville team, the entire country will be getting the New York Jets v. New England late game.

-- theschnauzers

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Since this is a CBS Doubleheader Sunday.......CBS prime time will be automatically delayed 30 minutes on the East Coast feed, but..................

Look for a longer delay. Neither the Jets or Patriots has any kind of running game, so passes will be the majority of plays. Passes mean incomplete passes and clock stoppage. Brady and Belechick dragged out last weeks game almost 30 minutes over the 3 hour timeline.

Jacksonville/Oakland both have more balanced offenses, so it will be interesting to see if CBS feeds those viewers over to the Jets/Patriots game or actually starts their prime time schedule when that game ends.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 08:37:43 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15