Author Topic: TAR 21 Scheduling-Airing Times-Delays  (Read 51834 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Dr Rox, there are only a handful of markets getting the Jacksonville game (Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Ocala, Valdosta, and maybe Savannah) so my guess is that CBS will have the viewers of one game go to the other game before starting the prime time lineup.

FOX had a major league snafu (pun intended) for the baseball playoffs and made a mess of its own schedule in terms of airing the X Factor, not only on its east coast feed, but its west coast feed as well. They are having to preempt their Tuesday night schedule to air (or reair) the entire X Factor episode from Wednesday night, and their Tuesday night shows won't be back until after the election.

It is exactly that sort of thing that networks try to hold their audiences together on both feeds; it is a pain for the network executive who plan the program schedule to have to deal with weather delays for live sports programming.
-- theschnauzers

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Well, maybe we are looking at different maps. The Jacksonville game takes in all of North Florida.....Orlando to Jacksonville and then west to past Tallahassee. It includes the Dothan viewing area of SE Alabama/NW Florida and about 1/3 the state of Georgia...and a small part of South Carolina....probably the part in the Savannah viewing area. It stops about 1/2 way from Savannah to Charleston.

As I said earlier....I hope that there is someone that is in that viewing area that will post and let us know exactly what CBS does if that game ends earlier than the New England/New York game. I would rather know than continually speculate every week exactly what CBS does when they have double header sunday. On single header days, so far, they havent switched to longer running games. They have instead gone right into prime time schedule.
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
sigh. If it includes ATL...that will be me.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Peach, Atlanta is getting the Jets-Patriots game.
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Jets/Patriots had 12 minutes left in the 3rd quarter at 615pm EDT. That means high probability it will be over before 730pm. The question is then whether CBS elects to switch those viewers to the only other doubleheader game, Jacksonville/Oakland.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Jets/Patriots has 2:06 left. However, the score is 23-23, so the probability of going to Overtime is quite high. That could mean as late as a 8pm start for 60 Minutes.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
There must have been some turnover, as the Jets got the ball deep in Patriots territory. They kicked a field goal for 26-23. There is 1:37 left.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
In 1:37 Patriots drove the whole field to score a field goal as time expired. It's OT at 26-26.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Field goal by the Pats didn't end it under the new overtime rules; Jets now get a possession.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Game ends on a fumble due to a sack, my guess is delay will be to 55 after the hour. I am awaiting Eye-lert in my inbox.
-- theschnauzers

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
The Jax/Oak game was in overtime too......and it ended almost exactly at the same time as the NE/Jets game.
Matthew 7:15

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
60 Minutes started at 7:57pm.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Revised start times (CT) for tonight's CBS programs: 60 Minutes (6:56 PM), The Amazing Race (7:56 PM), The Good Wife (8:56 PM) and The Mentalist (9:56 PM) due to CBS live coverage of NFL Football .

I'm on Central Time, but for ET, add an hour -- 8:56 PM.
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Here are the places getting the OAK/KC 405pm CBS game:

northern CA
southwestern OR
western WA
northern NV
UT
KS
NE
western 1/4 IA
southwest 2/3 MO
Chicago
eastern half MI
Atlanta
Charlotte
Washington
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
southeastern PA
southern NJ
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 03:13:48 PM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Oh Swell! :lol:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
That's 7 of the primary NFL markets getting that late afternoon game. Meanwhile, the Pats-Rams game in London is not going more heavily in the early afternoon slot, even though Alaska and Hawaii are getting that game.
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The KC/Oakland game was running fast at the end of the first half. I predict it will finish by 7pmEDDT even though I cannot see it here.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
Any delay from the OAK/KC game?

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
CBSEyeAlert: Due 2 Live football Sun, #AmazingRace airs 8:09pm, ET/7:09 CT in KC area, Atlanta, Detroit, Pitts, Philly, DC and Chicago

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
This week is much easier than usual. The entire U.S. except for San Francisco and the western half of Washington will get the Pittsburgh at NY game at 425pm. We can anticipate completion by 730pm until we know better.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
This week is much easier than usual. The entire U.S. except for San Francisco and the western half of Washington will get the Pittsburgh at NY game at 425pm. We can anticipate completion by 730pm until we know better.

It is already an 830 PM start I think??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Also, everyone please remember that we change off of Daylight Savings time on 11/4. That means we will be turning our clocks BACK an hour at 0200. So to us, 8 PM will become 7PM.

So effectively, the show will seem to be airing an hour later to our International friends. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
I always hate the time change weekends. It takes me longer each year to adjust.
-- theschnauzers

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11

It is already an 830 PM start I think??

I found the same info on TV.com today.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
apskip is referring to what time the game should end, based on the last couple of weeks. Even though everyone on the east coast feed is getting the same late game; that's no guarantee that the game will actually end by then. So be prepared.
-- theschnauzers