RFF Archive > Amazing Race 21 Spoilers Archive

TAR 21 Scheduling-Airing Times-Delays

<< < (2/30) > >>

Kandace:
Hopefully its not delayed since revenge premieres right after it! :lol:

apskip:
Kandace,

The 2012 Ryder Cup match play finishes on Sept. 30. It is being held in Chicago so the sun goes down later there. It is a distinct possibility that AR21's debut may be delayed.

There is a wealth of competing TV shows that evening in addition to the Revenge premiere (which I probably will have to watch the following day). There is an NBC Sunday night football game between Philadelphia and the N.Y. Giants starting at 830pm.   

couchracer:
All I can say is yeah, 48 days to go.

amazing race fan:

--- Quote from: apskip on August 13, 2012, 02:31:52 PM ---Kandace,

The 2012 Ryder Cup match play finishes on Sept. 30. It is being held in Chicago so the sun goes down later there. It is a distinct possibility that AR21's debut may be delayed.

There is a wealth of competing TV shows that evening in addition to the Revenge premiere (which I probably will have to watch the following day). There is an NBC Sunday night football game between Philadelphia and the N.Y. Giants starting at 830pm.

--- End quote ---

Golf is not a sport that it carries on later than its time slot. And there can't be a playoff in the Ryder Cup unlike the Presidents Cup. Unless there is a rain delay or lightning delay, the Ryder Cup will not run past its time slot. Golf only runs past its time slot when there is a playoff or a rain delay, there cant be a playoff in the Ryder Cup, so rain is the only thing that can cause it to run over its time slot.

theschnauzers:
I can't recall if this has been mentioned here yet or not, but the NFL has made a second change in the broadcast rules in addition to the delay of the start time for late Sunday afternoon games. This only affect you in you are in a primary or secondary NFL market, and if your team does not sell out seats for home games 100% of all seats.

Basically as I understand it, what it does is allow the home team to aim for 80% of all seats sold but give the NFL a portion of ticket revenue if any seats are sold above that threshold. The bottom line, some TV markets may get to carry their team's home games that have not been able to, and thus on home game Sundays, that will affect which NFL games they may get on their local CBS station. (Especially if their team is in the NFC, and get a early afternoon home game; that will almost always require that market to get a late afternoon CBS game.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version