Author Topic: TAR 21: What to Expect! New Twist?  (Read 64681 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 21: What to Expect! New Twist?
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 12:02:09 PM »
As if the one million and a chance to travel around the world wasn't already a big enough incentive! :lol:

They want teams to be more competitive and not have only 3 teams winning a leg again
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 12:07:51 PM »
Maybe there's an additional money to be added to your pot money based on placements?

E.g. Finishing on a leg
1st = +$500
2nd = +$300
3rd = +$100
4th = +$70
5th = +$50

:lol: :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 01:24:51 PM »
A new twst on TAR aus...The team who comes in first on the first leg wins it. They then have the power...or not! to use it to "save" the team who comes in last on that leg from elimination. Which makes the first leg a NEL if they use it.

I'm counting down to the next season with watching old seasons. Good memories.

There was also an incentive to not use the Salvage Pass to save the last place team.  If the winning team had chosen not to save the last team, they would have gotten a one hour head start on the next leg.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 06:19:12 PM »
Works now Peach.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 10:16:09 PM »
Pretty sure there is no Salvage Pass, lol. Or Hazard Pass.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2012, 03:01:12 AM »
I don't think it is the salvage pass...
It better not be. :P Maybe a triple U-Turn!  :lol3: Honestly, perhaps TAR should rest on the gimmicks and really pick better racers for us to watch. Please. Oh please.
If they put 2 U-Turns on the race, I'd like one to be a Blind U-Turn (perhaps earlier in the race :)), because we've only seen it in TAR14, as it wasn't aired in TAR15 and the other one could be a Double U-Turn, like with 6-4 teams remaining. I really liked the U-Turn situation in TAR17 :hrt:

addie

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 03:49:51 AM »
TAR16 had a Blind U-Turn too ;)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 04:05:51 AM »
Oh, right, forgot that just when writing... I remember that sad moment with Joe & Heidi, I think they would've gone far  :'(

Offline dodgersfan110293

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2012, 07:11:14 AM »
The View? It is the Talk   :umn:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2012, 05:18:36 PM »
Thanks! You're right, my fault.  :-[

I had a momentary brain  :fart

Fixed!! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2012, 05:11:53 PM »
This season's New Twist?

Phil on The Talk July 9, 2012:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NPT5itcS6Ok?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NPT5itcS6Ok?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

"We are going into our 21st season.  (applause)

At the very beginning, when I intro... when I talk to the teams, I tell them about something that has never ever happened before, because we are always trying to shock them, and I tell them about something that is really exciting, and I can promise you that it will motivate them like they have never been motivated before."

I was doing the posts on the spoilers thread today, and suddenly the most crazy idea came to my mind:  4 teams racing the final leg for the millon dollars instead of the classic F3.  As Phil said, this would be "something that is really exciting" and " it will motivate them like they have never been motivated before."
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2012, 06:30:53 PM »

I was doing the posts on the spoilers thread today, and suddenly the most crazy idea came to my mind:  4 teams racing the final leg for the millon dollars instead of the classic F3.  As Phil said, this would be "something that is really exciting" and " it will motivate them like they have never been motivated before."

I have been thinking something vaguely related to this.  What if the eliminated teams somehow had a chance to come back as a wild card team in the finals?  Maybe the team with the highest placement average prior to elimination?  So you'd have your regular final 3, plus a come back team.  It would keep teams motivated to really race hard the whole time, rather than cruise along at the back of the pack. 

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2012, 09:28:11 PM »
That is a neat idea. You should write for the show.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2012, 12:35:08 PM »
A F4 would be great :)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2012, 01:29:23 PM »
Based on the fact that the Express Pass is on Leg 2, Leg 1 must have some sort of an incentive pass-like stuff.

Which made me think, no Salvage, Hazard pass... how about a Non-Elimination Pass, that they can use on themselves or ANY ONE TEAM that they choose to save on ANY LEG up till Leg 8 (any of the elimination legs).

WRP doesn't have to replan the Speedbump for the next leg. As long as the NEL Pass has been used on the team and the team is in last place, the next leg they will have to serve a Speedbump still OR, a 30 minutes penalty if they do not come in first place. I'm likely to think the latter would work better so that they do not have to plan new tasks for the Speedbump, and they have used the 30 minutes penalty before for two seasons as well.

And let's be frank, when has WRP ever put much emphasis in a Speedbump. Running across fireworks, doing yoga, performing dance... and dance... and more dance. The worst of all, serving a bowl of noodles and untying a ball of knots. It really isn't that hard to come up with a Speedbump, IMO.

Besides increasing the prize money to more than 1 million, awarding a team who has come in top 3 for all the legs a prize money... nothing can motivate a team more than a NEL Pass.

Of course, they could also come up with something like a Priority U-TURN Pass. It could work in a way they are allowed to skip the U-TURN if they have been U-TURNed, or that they U-TURN pass can overwrite any U-TURN decision that has been made before them. For example, if they or another team have been U-TURNed, they can U-TURN another team and overwrite the decision OR, just simply choose not to U-TURN. A priority U-TURN pass doesn't sound as good as the Express Pass.. BUT, it could be a game changer if used wisely. We know of some teams that have fallen just few minutes behind due to having to complete the other side of the U-TURN. Had they not been U-TURNed, they might have survived the leg. (Kisha and Jen in China, Carol and Brandy in Singapore, Amanda and Kris in TAR 14 are just some examples)

Of course, another really wild idea is that the winner of each leg will get to CAST A VOTE on who will receive a U-TURN on Leg 9, which maybe WRP will reveal to them that it is A DEFINITE ELIMINATION LEG or what... and this will force teams to really really race hard to avoid being voted for or get to cast their votes. And as viewers, we won't get to find out who did the winner of each leg cast their vote for until Leg 9 as well.. so it's sort of like a survivor votes reveal as well! :lol:

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2012, 01:15:19 AM »
Based on the fact that the Express Pass is on Leg 2, Leg 1 must have some sort of an incentive pass-like stuff.
Which made me think, no Salvage, Hazard pass... how about a Non-Elimination Pass, that they can use on themselves or ANY ONE TEAM that they choose to save on ANY LEG up till Leg 8 (any of the elimination legs).
Adition to Joabs twist.

What if the team who is 2nd last is eliminated when the pass is used.

What about 2 teams race for the millon. Less Non-Elimination + Less teams in finale = more motivation.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2012, 03:25:00 AM »
Adition to Joabs twist.

What if the team who is 2nd last is eliminated when the pass is used.

What about 2 teams race for the millon. Less Non-Elimination + Less teams in finale = more motivation = boring.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2012, 11:28:02 PM »
That could work out too! The team who uses the NEL pass on any leg on themselves, or another team... will see the 2nd last place team eliminated.

It could work out as strategy too! Imagine if a team's least favourite team came in 2nd last, they can use the non-elimination pass to save the last place team, thus eliminating the 2nd last place team.

But that's just too much strategy work. Don't think it will work out, we can only hope. :lol:

MrDeerShank

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2012, 11:49:57 AM »
Could it not just be that the Express Pass is not available on the first leg, but rather the second (or is that just oversimplifying everything)?

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2012, 12:00:10 PM »
Could it not just be that the Express Pass is not available on the first leg, but rather the second (or is that just oversimplifying everything)?
Maybe in an attempt to counter the Leg 3 winner's curse they wait til then to award the express pass?  Then you have the 2 'curses' fighting with each other, Leg 3 winner VS express pass.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2012, 12:54:40 PM »
I don't think WRP cares about Leg 3 curse or the EP curse. :lol:

Offline sapphirepit

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2012, 06:51:55 PM »
Maybe they get a special race credit card that allows them to have unlimited cash every leg (doubtful but would be an interested twist).

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2012, 01:31:04 AM »

This is the most believable and realistic theory in this whole thread! I'll be really unhappy if it's anything like a special pass that grants you powers (too much like Big Brother), but a minor change like this would be brilliant to see! I think you're on to something here Alenaveda!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2012, 02:13:51 AM »
Maybe they get a special race credit card that allows them to have unlimited cash every leg (doubtful but would be an interested twist).

I hope it isn't this. It kind of ruins the point of being given money limits in the first place.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2012, 09:27:41 AM »

This is the most believable and realistic theory in this whole thread! I'll be really unhappy if it's anything like a special pass that grants you powers (too much like Big Brother), but a minor change like this would be brilliant to see! I think you're on to something here Alenaveda!

Except we know the final 5 teams, and 2 of them look to be racing decoys in NYC. That would leave us with the classic final 3.