Author Topic: Is it just me...  (Read 4210 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Is it just me...
« on: June 28, 2012, 01:26:58 AM »
Or am I the only one who really enjoyed Survivor One World. True Survivor game play, nice jury, nice final three, cool challenges, nice storyline, memorable people and has it's fair share of bitchy moments (Colton and Alicia).

I think Colton getting voted off removed from the game (corrected for viewing pleasure *rolleyes*) was probably the best thing that happened to this season. This season is coming up as one of my top 3 seasons ever together with Heroes VS Villians and Fans VS Favourites.

I don't get how can this be the worst season ever as said by some fans. You mean, they prefer seasons like Nicaragua where we had to watch NaonKa's rubbish... or Tocantins and South Pacific where it was so boring and we could all die? :duno:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:13:01 AM by Joab »

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Is it just me...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 02:33:58 AM »
No, you're not, Joab. I really liked it as well. I will say that it got very predictable towards the end (I think I declared Kim the winner when it was down to like 9 players left or something :lol:), but I enjoyed it very much.

I've kind of fallen out of regularly watching Survivor because of scheduling conflicts and not wanting to put the effort into watching it online after it aired, but this was the first season since, I think, Survivor: Guatemala where I actually watched all the episodes as they aired or online within a few days after they aired.

Basically, what I'm saying is that while it wasn't perfect by any means, it was exciting. It made me actually want to watch Survivor, which is something I hadn't done in about 6 years.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 04:23:11 AM »
I didn't know Colton got voted out :o

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 09:15:07 AM »

he means "after Colton got medevaced out" :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 11:12:14 AM »

You don't have to be so smart alec about it. Thanks.

Anyway, I declared Kim winner... about like, after Jay got voted off. Too obvious, similar to that of Rob, but this season was more exciting, even though predictable, with Troyzan, Kat and Alicia attempting to make a stand against Kim and Chea.. kind of interesting.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 05:59:40 PM »
I really liked this season. Easily the best season since HvV. Good challenges, very little repeats. Only bad thing was the bad product placement.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 09:52:41 AM »
For me it became boring after Colton persuaded the men to go to TC when they had immunity. They all deserved to lose and they did.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 02:40:26 PM »
I actually enjoyed NaOnka's immature behavior.  :lol:
But yeah, this wasn't the worst season for me either. Survivor Thailand is.  :lol:
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 05:28:41 PM »
It's definitely not one of the very worst.  However it splits into two parts, and the first part is far more interesting to me than the final part.  I still see the men as being by far the main stars of the show, so once they have gone we are left with the predictable ending.  Probably as predictable as the end of Tocantins.  And while Kim was the best gameplayer that was only because she was up against comically pathetic gameplayers lol, and those ridiculous people were the entertainment in a 'it's so bad that it's good' way.