Author Topic: BB14: Mike "Boogie" Malin  (Read 9729 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
BB14: Mike "Boogie" Malin
« on: July 04, 2012, 02:24:21 PM »

One of BIG BROTHER’s most infamous players of all time, Mike “Boogie” Malin, returns to the house for a third time. He first competed in season 2 as half of the notorious “Chilltown Alliance” with Dr. Will, and he came back to win season 7, BIG BROTHER: ALL-STARS. According to Mike Boogie, he is “back to win… and plans on being in this game a very long time this summer.” This 41-year-old Restaurateur is originally from Concord, New Hampshire and currently lives in Studio City, California. Since the last time we saw him on BIG BROTHER, Boogie has welcomed a 9-month-old son into the world.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:31:10 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: BB14: Mike "Boogie" Malin
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 09:54:06 AM »
Big Brother - Mike "Boogie" Returns

Meet Mike "Boogie", former Houseguest from season 2 and All-Stars, who returns as a coach this season to play his own game for his own separate prize.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OdGXQ2eu4L4&amp;feature=relmfu" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/OdGXQ2eu4L4&amp;feature=relmfu</a>

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 07:27:24 AM »
I'm sorry, I only liked Boogie because of his association with Dr. Delicious Will Kirby <3, but since he isn't here, Boogie just looks cocky, and I don't like him(or his players) this season.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 08:15:14 AM »
I've never liked him and IMO, he really didn't win his season it was given to him. At times he just looks evil!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Libby

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 02:20:16 PM »
He's obviously gotten CONSIDERABLY smarter, as evidenced by his wardrobe.   

This is two years in a row for the Clemson love.  Cassie wasn't in the house long last season, but while she was there, she was rockin her Clemson sweatshirt. 

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 02:38:42 PM »
I didn't even notice but you're right. :lol:

Offline PotatosPunkGirl

• Big Brother Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 12:59:33 PM »
I truly cannot stand Booger..... but if these people are dumb enough to boat out Janelle and keep Frank, then I am rooting for boogie the rest of the way.  these people have obviously never seen all stars.. you are in chill town,you are into chill town you are in chilltown , you are in chilltown too!!  He even wears his shirts......he has everyone protecting frank and himself and once again no one sees it.  He has them wanting Janie out so bad and they all wanted him out at the first of the week.  Hell if janie goes, I'm swallowing my pride and going booger/frank

Offline PotatosPunkGirl

• Big Brother Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 01:42:28 PM »
I'm on my phone, I'm not re typing.....y'all know I meant VOTE lol

Offline EllenHHHseducer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »
One of the best qualities of a man is loyalty. Boogie's allegiance was always to Will.   :conf:

Offline PotatosPunkGirl

• Big Brother Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 09:28:37 AM »
I'm so mad, not that janie is going home, but that these people really think everything is  :ghug: with Boogie.  I'm going to laugh so hard next week when Ian wins hoh and boogie talks him into nominating one of his new alliance.

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 11:29:09 AM »
I'm so mad, not that janie is going home, but that these people really think everything is  :ghug: with Boogie.  I'm going to laugh so hard next week when Ian wins hoh and boogie talks him into nominating one of his new alliance.

Oh, they don't think that at all.  They (Dan & Brit) will be very careful about Boogie.  Brit is working Ian hard and getting him to bond with her, and Dan is being buddies with him too.  Boogie treats him with disdain and Ian knows it.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 11:45:17 PM »
because it was THAT GOOD!

Big Brother 14 - Episode 19 Goodbye Messages to Boogie

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7RHre38mJBc&amp;feature" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7RHre38mJBc&amp;feature</a>
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 11:48:16 PM »
Ugh.... my favorite ALWAYS goes out during the double eviction. :groan:

BB14 just got INFINITELY less entertaining. Frank better destroy these Quack Pack clowns.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Paisley

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Vintagerie Ephemera Ye Olde Curio Shoppe
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 10:27:49 AM »
Love how Boogie paid respect to Ian.  He was really great to watch this year and changed me from a hater to a fan.

Offline Paisley

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Vintagerie Ephemera Ye Olde Curio Shoppe
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 10:53:57 AM »
Robyn Kass
‏@Kassting
Fascinating spending time w Boogie last night watching him process everything that just happened. #wow #BB14

Tweet by BB's casting director.  Wish she'd spill the beans and tell us what happened.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 11:23:52 AM »
Mike's TV  Appearances as an Extra Clips

Seinfeld-"The Lip Reader" clips

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZYt5RLBydWw&amp;feature" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZYt5RLBydWw&amp;feature</a>

Yes Dear, Season 2, Ep. 4-Part 3 BABY FIGHT CLUB 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/V1DuI3k9CLk&amp;feature" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/V1DuI3k9CLk&amp;feature</a>

tweeted from Mike himself : MikeBoogie.com ‏@MikeBoogie_com
@Teeps14 on Seinfeld http://youtu.be/ZYt5RLBydWw  near the 3:25 mark - Yes Dear http://youtu.be/V1DuI3k9CLk  & supermarket sweep

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 11:58:16 AM »
Reality TV Star Called a Fraudster  By IULIA FILIP 

Tuesday, August 21, 2012Last Update: 1:24 PM PT
Reality TV Star Called a Fraudster
By IULIA FILIP
ShareThis

LOS ANGELES (CN) - "Big Brother" contestant Mike "Boogie" Malin and his partner pulled a "long-running, systematic, and pervasive" fraud, running their restaurant group into the ground by using it as a piggybank, an investor claims in a derivative complaint.
Check out Courthouse News' Entertainment Law Digest.
Lead plaintiff David Hilty sued Lonnie Moore, Michael Robert Carri aka Michael Robert Malin aka Mike Boogie Malin, and three of their companies, in Superior Court.
Hilty sued on his own behalf and derivatively on behalf of Geisha House LLC, Geisha Santa Ana LLC and Dolce Group Atlanta LLC.
Also named as defendants are 2Hype Productions, LTM Consulting, Moore & Malin Enterprises, all of California, and James McDonald and Robert Pau.
Hilty claims Moore and Malin "siphoned off" millions of dollars from the restaurant group to support their "lavish lifestyles," at investors' expense.
The complaint states: "This action arises from the long-running, systematic, and pervasive course of fraud, waste, mismanagement, embezzlement, and diversion of corporate assets and opportunities that, from the business's inception, has characterized the management of The Dolce Group, a conglomerate of restaurants, clubs, and hospitality consulting services formed and operated through several operating entities (the 'Dolce Group Entities'), by defendants Lonnie Moore ('Moore') and Michael Robert Carri aka Michael Robert Malin aka Mike Boogie aka Mike Boogie Malin ('Malin').
"Since founding The Dolce Group in 2003, Moore and Malin have used the Dolce Group Entities as their personal piggybank, siphoning off to themselves millions of dollars in corporate funds, to the detriment of the entities and their other investors. Through this and other intentional misconduct, along with their gross negligence and incompetence in running the Dolce Group Entities, Moore and Malin have run several of those entities into the ground.
"Plaintiff Hilty is part of the unfortunate group of investors induced by Moore and Malin to invest in Dolce Group Entities. Hilty is, and, as relevant hereto, has been, a member of three of the Dolce Group Entities, Geisha L.A., Geisha Santa Ana, and Dolce Atlanta, investing approximately $1 million in the aggregate in those entities.
"Since Hilty first started investing in Dolce Group entities in 2004, he has received only minimal distributions on account of his investments, Geisha Santa Ana became unable to continue operating the branch of Geisha House it was formed to open in Orange County, and Hilty has been told that his investment in Dolce Atlanta is worthless, with each of the restaurants in Atlanta opened by that entity having closed."
Hilty, of New York, says he never received any significant returns on his $1 million investment because of the defendants' mismanagement and fraud.
Moore and Malin opened their first restaurant, a tapas lounge called "Belly," in Los Angeles in 2001, but closed it 3 years later, according to the complaint.
"Belly's closing in 2004, just a few years after it opened, established the paradigm for ventures founded by Moore and Malin," the complaint states. "On information and belief, in the decade since Moore and Malin founded Belly, several other of their restaurant and club ventures have closed, and others have had to be sold off or otherwise disassociated with The Dolce Group, due to, among other things, Moore and Malin's fraud, mismanagement, and diversion to themselves of corporate assets and opportunities."
Moore and Malin formed The Dolce Group in 2003, and operated 16 restaurants and clubs under its umbrella, according to the complaint. Hilty claims that only 3 of those ventures are still in business and affiliated with The Dolce Group.
He says Moore and Malin induced investors to pour millions of dollars into The Dolce Group entities, but excluded them from management, keeping exclusive control of their operation.
According to the complaint, Moore, Malin and their co-conspirators falsified accounting records, moved money between entities, made side deals with vendors and kept an "off-the-books ledger" to keep track of the money they diverted from the businesses to themselves.
Hilty claims Moore and Malin often traded gift cards redeemable at the Dolce Group restaurants for personal items and services, pocketed fees from party promoters and film and video producers, and hosted private events for their friends and associates at Dolce Group venues.
"Malin, Moore, McDonald and Pau's individual and collective misconduct has virtually destroyed all the value in these restaurants and clubs, as they have caused the restaurants and clubs to incur enormous debts, they have accumulated multiple lawsuits amounting to hundreds of thousands of dollars in liability claims resulting in increased insurance premiums or loss of insurance altogether, and generated bad publicity for the restaurants and clubs, causing a significant decrease in business," the complaint states.
"For instance, following the highly publicized 2007 incident in which Moore was personally accused of sexually battering an intoxicated nineteen-year-old patron of one of the Dolce Group ventures, the reputation of the various Dolce Group Entities, including Geisha L.A., suffered dramatically. While Geisha House was significantly profitable before the media reported on Moore's alleged sexual tortious misconduct, at least in part as a result of the negative media publicity, the restaurant continued to lose revenue such that, on information and belief, it is no longer profitable or is barely profitable."
Hilty claims patrons and former employees have sued Geisha House for employment discrimination, sexual harassment, wage violations and negligence, among other things. And when creditors sued to collect unpaid bills and rent, Hilty says, Malin and Moore responded by hiding assets in offshore accounts and affiliated entities.
Hilty says the defendants denied him access to books and records, and destroyed several boxes of Geisha House/Dolce Group documents in April, after Hilty filed a federal lawsuit against them.
A federal judge dismissed that complaint this month for lack of jurisdiction, according to the complaint.
Hilty seeks restitution and damages for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, civil conspiracy, unjust enrichment and unfair competition, individually and on behalf of Geisha House, Geisha Santa Ana, and Dolce Group Atlanta.
He is represented by Louis Kempinsky, with Valensi Rose.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/08/21/49472.htm

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 02:10:42 PM »
HMM It mist have been recently filed, the article is dated Tuesday, August 21, 2012Last Update: 1:24 PM PT.

He's had a number of other lawsuits but this is a big one seems to me.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 02:33:07 PM »
So Boogie basically evicted himself? Since he was the one who inspired Ian to be such a mastermind.  :lol:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 02:45:28 PM »
Yes.  :lol3: