Author Topic: TARaus2 EP 6 Show Discussion! **Starts Monday at 730PM (aus)**  (Read 58412 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARaus2 EP 6 Show Discussion! **Starts Monday at 730PM (aus)**
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 10:45:26 PM »
Botox and Boytoy forever!
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2012, 02:57:21 AM »
After all their trouble during this leg, it appears Jo and Michelle weren't that far behind Paul and Steve...

Despite these setbacks, Michelle and Jo managed to finish second, four minutes behind arch-rivals The Alpha Males.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/mixed-emotions-for-amazing-race-sisters-michelle-and-joy-troy/

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TARaus 2 Geoff Stick "Sticky" and Sam Hay *Friends*
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2012, 03:03:59 AM »
Anyone else found it a bit weird that they stuck around so long to help the cops?  It is a race after all.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2012, 03:27:43 AM »
It is not right to say the leg design screwed Ross and Tarryn or whoever the MFE team turned out to be, Ross and Tarryn screwed Ross and Tarryn when they quit the roadblock.
THIS!

Obviously there's some truth in that, but I don't completely agree with the statement, because even if all teams successfully completed the previous leg's Roadblock, the team who got Marked for Elimination would have been likely to be one of the last two teams to reach the Intersection (as the Detour didn't provide much opportunity for major time wasting, unless someone is crazy enough to spend hours searching through carpets), and even if they managed to get to the Intersection in sixth place or better, the Roadblock does not allow the team to make up thirty minutes over anybody.

Regardless of who was Marked for Elimination, and regardless of how far behind they were, in my opinion the leg design all but sealed their fate. If the previous leg was not a NEL, then the leg design for this one would've been good (but then I'd be complaining about Leg 5's design :lol:).

Just my opinion of the situation, but it is just about the most poorly designed (non-finale) leg I've seen. :(
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Re: TARaus 2 Geoff Stick "Sticky" and Sam Hay *Friends*
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2012, 03:35:33 AM »
Anyone else found it a bit weird that they stuck around so long to help the cops?  It is a race after all.

Well assuming they knew that two teams were four hours behind them, then they would've known that they were at no risk of being eliminated, and maybe that's why they stuck around? :duno:

Personally, if I was on the race and I knew that two teams were four hours behind, I would definitely stick around for a while and help them, but personally, I wouldn't have helped if it was an intense battle for elimination or something. :lol:

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2012, 04:00:18 AM »
Yeh I know they would have felt it was unlikely they could be eliminated, but they basically gave up on winning the leg which seemed unusual for them.  I can understand staying back to help for 5-10 minutes perhaps but near half an hour not so much.  And a team can always switch in a detour anyway.

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2012, 05:13:25 AM »
Hmmm are we supposed to discuss that stuff over here or in the episode 6 thread?  :res:
Anyway, they keep saying they're laid back, and that exactly that attitude got them this far whereas other teams are dealing with more stress putting in too much energy into that.

I think looking at some of the teams internally as well as dynamics between some teams (in the preview for next week as well) they may well have a point there. So the attitude per se isn't so wrong, or not yet anyway. But when it comes down to it, they'll have to really want to go for the win or they will make one mistake (like they did in the beginning with that taxi ripping them off) and it's all over for them.

So they would need to find the right balance between 'laid back' and sharpness with a real will to push through.
I'm afraid this attitude at some point might cost them dearly (I hope not but I can definitely see how it might).  :(
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2012, 07:26:56 AM »
Considering Sam and Sticky's average placing is the highest until now, they are the real threat and should be a target of u-Turn. They might be avoiding a chance to be u-turned by having a good relationship with the other teams which is still a risky move.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2012, 09:37:37 AM »
I think the pit fall to this leg was that there was no bunch up point.

The Turkish bath house would be much more interesting if 16 people were competing to finish the bar of soap.

The Yield would have more of an affect if there was a bunch up.

The Detour could lead to many people competing for customers at the shoe shine providing more drama.

There could be more drama when choosing teams at the Intersection.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2012, 09:42:44 AM »
Nevertheless from above. This is the second time where an Intersection was poorly placed on TARAus (The other being the wood cutting). There was very minimal opportunity to make up time after the Intersection and your fate was easily in the hands of the taxi driver.

Offline balfour

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2012, 10:09:54 AM »
After all their trouble during this leg, it appears Jo and Michelle weren't that far behind Paul and Steve...

Despite these setbacks, Michelle and Jo managed to finish second, four minutes behind arch-rivals The Alpha Males.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/mixed-emotions-for-amazing-race-sisters-michelle-and-joy-troy/

Yes, an intersection has that effect of equalizing.

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2012, 10:16:12 AM »

Well assuming they knew that two teams were four hours behind them, then they would've known that they were at no risk of being eliminated, and maybe that's why they stuck around? :duno:

Personally, if I was on the race and I knew that two teams were four hours behind, I would definitely stick around for a while and help them, but personally, I wouldn't have helped if it was an intense battle for elimination or something. :lol:
This is my thought as well, they helped us, so help them, but within reason.  I might help for 20-30 min, depending on the estimation of teams behind, but I would be up front and tell them I'll help, but for only this long.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2012, 12:05:00 AM »
Is anyone able to identify the Turkish bath they used? There's no shot of the clue and it's not subtitled OR mentioned on Wikipedia.

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2012, 02:51:42 AM »
Nevertheless from above. This is the second time where an Intersection was poorly placed on TARAus (The other being the wood cutting). There was very minimal opportunity to make up time after the Intersection and your fate was easily in the hands of the taxi driver.

The wood cutting imtersection in season 1 is a decent one IMO since the task is not easy.

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2012, 04:09:03 AM »
Is anyone able to identify the Turkish bath they used? There's no shot of the clue and it's not subtitled OR mentioned on Wikipedia.

Looks like it's the Haseki Hürrem Hammam (Grant says something similar, Hurrem Hamami).
It was built in the 16th century and looks like it both inside and out.  :)
Looks like it's been refurbished somewhat on the outside.

So basically it looks like they ran from the Archeological museum (A) past the Aya Sofia towards the hamam.  :)

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 04:46:03 AM by Topita »
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2012, 04:45:07 AM »
Thanks, Topita!

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2012, 01:55:18 PM »
Finally saw the episode.

While I liked seeing more of Istanbul, I was worried that another leg in the same city would be trouble for Ross & Tarryn, as I had a feeling there would be no Hours of Operations bunchup point, since teams checked in the previous leg at night, which meant they depart in the next leg during the daytime. So no surprise that they got eliminated, because of that, which added more to the odds stacked against them. And back-to-back non-elimination legs was very unlikely in this case.

Not really hating any of the remaining teams, other than Grace.

The 2 teams of sisters continue to surprise me, as I did not expect to get either one to get far in the race. And glad to see James & Sarah still in it, as I thought they would be gone by the 3rd leg. And it was funny

Before the Yield, I was like "what are the twins" issue with Paul?". Then it happened.  :) And it was kind of funny (in a twisted way) when seeing Jo struggling to stay up after completing the Roadblock, with the look of her eyes.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2012, 10:28:38 AM »
EPISODE SIX HERE I COME! :ghug: :luvya: :wohoo:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2012, 10:46:06 AM »
Gooooo Ross and Tarryn, please survive! Even over Emilia and Lucy! :stare

I know I've mentioned it but the intro caps are freaking awesome and amazing. I usually skip over intro but for this season I just watch it over and over again! :)

Was Grant Bowler damn pissed off with Paul and Steve? He did not even do the voiceover of "Paul and Steve who were the first to arrive at 9.59pm, will depart at 9.59am blah blah blah"! :lol:

Yes yes, U-TURN 2 legs in a row and that was why you didn't do well Paul and Steve... loads of excuses. There was no U-TURN on leg 1 and which position did you come in.... 10TH???? :stare :groan: :gaah:

Go twins! Beat Paul and Steve! YES, IT'S GONNA BE YOU TWO!

Shine OR Design... wow, the Detour names are a little... far-fetched, I think they must have thought that it sounded the same and just carried on with it. :stare

Yield.... WTF? TAR Australia.. you are spamming the entire leg with game specials??? Paul and Steve, if you don't get to use this one, you two honestly, really, suckass.

Michelle and Jo in the shower... nice. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ I think let me just rewatch this moment again. )-** :conf:

Sticky and Sam... omg, lecherous! :lol: :lol3:

Yielding Michelle and Jo?? Like, okay... great strategy there, really. :res: :res: :res: :res: :res: :res:

Omg. Did Sticky and Sam and the cops forget to pass by the YIELD???? PENALTY PENALTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :stare :stare :stare

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2012, 10:48:12 AM »
Michelle and Jo in the shower... nice. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ I think let me just rewatch this moment again. )-** :conf:

We all rewatched that .  :-[
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2012, 11:11:15 AM »
OMG. OMG. An Intersection? WTF. This is just toooooo good to be true. Paul and Steve, I HOPE NOBODY WANTS TO WORK WITH YOU GUYS!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Imagine they Yielded the twins and the twins show up next?? They are just slowing themselves down. MAJOR KARMA! I hope the twins or whoever don't work with them!!! :lol:

MAJOR KARMA PAUL AND STEVE!!! :lol:

Oh no, we don't see Joseph and Grace at the Yield mat too, means every other team most probably passed by it and they edited it out for more drama in the episode for us viewers to watch! CAN'T WAIT!

GO TWINS! PLEASE REFUSE TO WORK WITH PAUL AND STEVE!

Emilia and Lucy, totally enjoying their shoe shine challenge! :lol:

Tarryn and Ross <333 Please survive!!

Omg, twins working with Paul and Steve.... It's okay, it shows how gracious they are... BEAT THEM FAIR AND SQUARE! :jam: :jam: :jam:

Omg, poor Jo and Michelle. I hope Lucy and Emilia gets there first and gets to work with Sticky and Sam!

Grace: Watching those guys come out, it was beautiful... I had my eyes on one... oh my goodness. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: Reason why TAR Australia teams rock! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Emilia: I just cuddled that one big guy.
Lucy: You just wanted that cuddle.
Emilia: Yea I did...

OMG, this race is EPIC! :)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2012, 11:25:36 AM »
Paul and Steve are first again, Ew. :res:

$5,000. :lol: Prize. LOL, that's 2x lesser. Great.

What a funny Roadblock! <3

Emilia doing the dance so gratefully. <3

Emilia and Lucy, 5th place.  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: FINAL SEVEN, I THINK? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please let Ross and Tarryn survive. :(

Ross and Tarryn got a bad cab. IT'S OVER.

Poor father and daughter. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

This sucks. In the end a bad cab killed my poor father and daughter. The Intersection is a BAD PLACEMENT. How could they put it so late into the game?? Argh....

Worst leg I've watched so far.

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2012, 01:24:49 PM »
Paul and Steve are first again, Ew. :res:

$5,000. :lol: Prize. LOL, that's 2x lesser. Great.

What a funny Roadblock! <3

Emilia doing the dance so gratefully. <3

Emilia and Lucy, 5th place.  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: FINAL SEVEN, I THINK? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please let Ross and Tarryn survive. :(

Ross and Tarryn got a bad cab. IT'S OVER.

Poor father and daughter. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

This sucks. In the end a bad cab killed my poor father and daughter. The Intersection is a BAD PLACEMENT. How could they put it so late into the game?? Argh....

Worst leg I've watched so far.

even with a good driver I dont think they'll survive.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2012, 02:27:02 AM »
I've said it before, but I don't think this leg's design allowed any chance for the MFE team not to be eliminated, regardless of who it was. Very poorly designed, IMO. :(

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2012, 09:31:08 AM »
I didn't like the leg design either.  I don't like to see an intersection that late in the leg.  The only task after the intersection was spinning for 5 minutes, so how in the world could a team with a 30-minute MFE penalty looming have any hope?  I suppose, in theory, that if 3 teams or more had to quit the last task on the previous leg, the MFE team could have ended up not being in the final intersected grouping.  In reality, they had no shot.