The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Tasks based on past teams!

(1/13) > >>

ryanmissing27:
This is kind of abstract and I think the only place I would ever really want to see it realised would be in some kind of fanfic and not on the real race >< I'm not even sure how I got onto thinking about this but here goes:
The switchback aims to recreate the memorable moments of past races/racers by having modern racers recreate past tasks, why not cut out the middle man and force teams to perform tasks based on past teams?!

One strange example that came to mind would be:
Detour: Toni and Dallas or Kaylani and Lisa. In this detour teams will have to retrieve their passports which have been hidden from them. In Toni and Dallas, teams will have to manually search through a great number of taxi cabs until they have found their hidden passport, a taxi driver will then hand them their next clue. In Kaylani and Lisa, teams will have to virtually search through an even greater number of "tweets" on Twitter until they find one by someone who has found a lost passport, once they have found the tweet, they will have to use visual information from the finders profile to locate them in a crowd of 100 or so people, once they have found their person they will receive their passport and next clue. Reading one tweet takes less time than searching an entire taxi, but the greater number of tweets could leave some teams lost in cyberspace.

I'll admit I'm no Phil with my clue wording, but now it's your turn! See what you can come up with!

As a footnote: No, I have no idea in which country this could occur...

Tarfan37:
I would love it. int fact for my TAR home edition the Detour Was the Guidos or Brennan. In the Guidos the participant (my race was designed to find perfect partner) had to find a "cool" place near the detour location. (they got stuck in alaska) so there was a nice cold pop machine. in Brennan they had to solve this riddle: What was Brennan's partner's name (rob was the answer) it just so happened there was a person named rob in our group. he was waiting with their clue 

Dånooky:
My turn:

Detour:
Show contentKaryn:Show contentScream the name of your partner as loud as you can and sustain a syllable for at least 30 seconds (Lennnnnnyyyyyyyyy!)or
Meghan:Show contentRepeat the name of your partner 100 times in a row without changing the tone of your voice (Cheyne Cheyne Cheyne Cheyne...)

themikko95:
My Roadblock: Who's got the inner red-headed devil in them?

One member must torment and yell ask non-English speaking bystanders for the location of the next pitstop.

supah:

--- Quote from: Dånooky on June 30, 2012, 10:42:11 PM ---My turn:

Detour:
Show contentKaryn:Show contentScream the name of your partner as loud as you can and sustain a syllable for at least 30 seconds (Lennnnnnyyyyyyyyy!)or
Meghan:Show contentRepeat the name of your partner 100 times in a row without changing the tone of your voice (Cheyne Cheyne Cheyne Cheyne...)
--- End quote ---

LOL  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version