It's been a few days, so it's time for another rumored TAR version! This one comes from a person who lists himself on Twitter as a Casting/TV Director from Kiev.
Here's a tweet I found in Russian from a few days ago:25 Jun Андрей Говоруха Андрей Говоруха @AndreyGovoruha
- Планируете адаптировать крупные шоу? / - Мы собираемся адаптировать Amazing race. Это телевизионный квест, в кот... http://vk.cc/NGvxj
Google translates this to:25 Jun Andrew Andrew Govorukha Govorukha @ AndreyGovoruha
- Planning to adapt the big show? / - We are going to adapt the Amazing race. This is a television adventure, in the cat ... http://vk.cc/NGvxj
If you go that link, it appears to be a Russian version of Facebook. He has a more complete message there. Here's the Russian version:Andrey Govorukha
- Планируете адаптировать крупные шоу?
- Мы собираемся адаптировать Amazing race. Это телевизионный квест, в котором участникам за один месяц необходимо объехать весь земной шар. Для того, чтобы добраться до каждой новой точки участник должен разгадать задание, добежать до тайника, найти билет и бежать дальше. Участники – это пары. Пары друзей, пары в разводе, пары родственников и т.д. Со дня на день мы огласим кастинг.
25 Jun at 11:22 am
Which Google translates to:25 Jun at 11:23 am
- Planning to adapt the big show?
- We are going to adapt the Amazing race. This is a television adventure, in which the parties one month to travel around the globe. In order to get to the point of each new participant has to solve the task, run to the hiding place, to find a ticket and run further. The participants - a pair. Pairs of friends, couples in divorce, a couple of relatives, etc. From day to day, we announce the casting.
He also posted this earlier in June:Andrey Govorukha
Amazing race, Tempted, - читайте про проекты, кого интересует пишите мне!
7 Jun at 6:04 am
This translates to:Andrey Govorukha
Amazing race, Tempted, - read about the projects who are interested please contact me!
7 Jun at 6:04 am
I don't know what other projects he has worked on in the past and if he's a serious TV producer or someone trying to break into the field. I suspect these may be efforts to get backing to produce a TAR like show. He's also tweeting about a variety show and a business show, so he may just be throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks.
I hope the TAR show gets picked up. We need more versions of TAR, partly because the goal should be 150 versions by 2015.
Then we'll be ready for a 24 hour a day TAR channel.
OK, I have to go work out more details / dream a bit more.