Author Topic: TARAus2 Episode 6 (Istanbul) Discussion *SPOILERS*  (Read 17335 times)

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
Re: TARAus2 Episode 6 (Istanbul) Discussion *SPOILERS*
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2012, 01:53:51 PM »

Is that PAUL who gives Michelle a chop to the neck?  :ascared

I think Paul was further away, the last person to be seen in the foreground on the right, just before the camera angle changes.  When we see the group from the other angle a few seconds later, look at the length of Paul's pants. His are just above the knee, while  the other guys have pants just below the knee.

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2012, 09:06:05 PM »
at least, the twins screentime is getting more interesting. the last 5 legs, they did not shine that much from being always in the front of the pack.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2012, 07:29:43 AM »
CAPS! Sorry the quality is not better.

DO we have all these locations ID'd?

Dervishes, Detour Clue, wrestling. Pitstop?

Clearly we see the twins AFTER te injury heading towards the ?Pitstop? 14-16, 19-23

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2012, 08:45:16 AM »
anyone know which part is the yield going to appear? Will it be before roadblock?

Offline p1a55b1idii

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2012, 08:48:18 AM »
As much as I dislike Paul & Steve, it would be a smart move Yielding the twins, as they are definitely the dark horses of the race  :tup: I love them!  :hearts:

My thought: Why would Paul & Steve Yield Michelle and Jo instead of Joseph and Grace after the conflicts of last episode? :duno:

Because Paul would rather play the strategic game and Yield a STRONG team (maybe Michelle and Jo) instead of putting the Yield to waste and Yielding a team you don't like? Knowing Paul, he would probably go with the strategic option, plus Michelle and Jo are probably right behind them as they are the 1st and 2nd teams starting the leg

how would it make any sense to yield a team that isn't one of the two teams that are 4 hours behind? is a first place prize that much more important than having a say in who gets eliminated?

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2012, 08:55:55 AM »
As much as I dislike Paul & Steve, it would be a smart move Yielding the twins, as they are definitely the dark horses of the race  :tup: I love them!  :hearts:

My thought: Why would Paul & Steve Yield Michelle and Jo instead of Joseph and Grace after the conflicts of last episode? :duno:

Because Paul would rather play the strategic game and Yield a STRONG team (maybe Michelle and Jo) instead of putting the Yield to waste and Yielding a team you don't like? Knowing Paul, he would probably go with the strategic option, plus Michelle and Jo are probably right behind them as they are the 1st and 2nd teams starting the leg

how would it make any sense to yield a team that isn't one of the two teams that are 4 hours behind? is a first place prize that much more important than having a say in who gets eliminated?

Not just the prize, being first to depart on the next leg is a big thing. they can get a on an earlier flight alone and make a bigger lead.

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2012, 09:00:48 AM »
i am so happy there will be "All about Michelle and Jo " next episode. the yield, the Paul/Steve vs Twins, the injury and hopefully the twins arriving first after all of these :conf: Making this a surprising episode :))

Offline howie_2010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2012, 09:10:26 AM »
If the steps Paul & Steve and Lucia & Emilia are seen running down are the pitstop, then it's at Istanbul University.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:%C4%B0stanbul_%C3%9Cniversitesi.JPG

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2012, 09:37:06 AM »
Nice one Howie!! :hearts: Okay...one location down!

We can't be sure that is the Pitstop though, but for sure a location.

And these caps have been all spliced out of order...But for sure caps 14, 19, 20, and 21 all take place after the Michelle injury because Jo is carrying both packs...so possibly that is on the way to the Pitstop? I was just looking at Topkapi Palace to see if there was a match for that long low bldg,lol.

Problem is, we aren't sure of the order of tasks.

And not ure I see Lucy and Emilia? :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2012, 09:40:35 AM »

If there are two teams 4 hours behind, why waste your Yield on them? They are no threat. I would use it on someone hard on my heels that I wanted to slow down...IF I used it all :lol:

Remember too that teams may not KNOW that the teams are 4 hours behind...in which case they would pick a team that they are 100% sure is behind them.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2012, 09:49:52 AM »
The University== Beyazit Square!

Go look here!! 3D panoramia! STEPS!

http://www.3dmekanlar.com/en/beyazit-square.html

« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:28:26 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline p1a55b1idii

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2012, 10:09:02 AM »
I still think its more important to yield someone with the aim of eliminating them so that you don't have to race against them in the future. eg. if rob & amber yielded uchenna & joyce instead of ron & kelly, they might've won the race.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 12:00:20 AM »
THE AMAZING RACE
Channel 7, 7:30pm
DEFINITION of awkward? A challenge in an actual Turkish bath where the couples have to wash each other vigorously enough to reveal a clue hidden in a bar of soap. Remember there are brother-and-sister and father-and-daughter combos left. Cougar Sarah pulls some soapy stunt trimmed out of this timeslot. What's with hard-to-like Paul, who bragged about his impressive IQ, using the phrase "more easier"?