Author Topic: TAR21 Route  (Read 29565 times)

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
TAR21 Route
« on: June 18, 2012, 03:53:27 AM »
I think it is outrageous that there are no new countries in TAR21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What do you think????????????????????+
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR21 Route
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 03:59:06 AM »
I don't like it, but I know it's a matter of time there will be no new countries left to visit. At least they are going to places like Moscow, Russia which has not been visited in a while, or Turkey. 

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 04:12:05 AM »
I am also disappointed that we have no new countries (that we know of)

Though I am glad we will get to re-visit Indonesia, Bangladesh, Turkey, Spain and NYC!  :hearts:

and the fact that there are no new countries makes me think WRP has something up their sleeve... even though the route is only three continents I am sure WRP have prepared some potentially awesome challenges
and it looks as though we have a great cast this season too  :yess:

Offline chal_uf

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 05:05:25 AM »
I really hope there is a new country they visit.  :luvya:
But I can tolerate during if they visited was a new city
Or the same city from previous season but didn't visited after 5 season or more. :conf:

Lets hope the task, cast and editing more awesome than previous.. soo not much fans dissapointed because there are no new country

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 05:07:18 AM »
I don't really care. As long as I get to see different places, I'm happy.

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 07:28:59 AM »
It does feel like the return visits is more about showcasing these places in HD for the first time, which I'm sure, will make a lot of people happy.

Nice to see NYC finally get the proper TAR treatment, as it was one of the major cities in the world, to never get a full leg.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 08:48:04 AM »
I don't really care. As long as I get to see different places, I'm happy.
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 10:06:46 AM »
I don't care. New countries don't make the show. They haven't even been to Istanbul in so long, it's practically new. Plus Mallorca is a new part of Spain they are visiting, as well as the Loire Valley in France. This is looking like a pretty cool route to me.

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 10:53:04 AM »
I have to say don't care as well.  While the locations can be interesting, I like the show more for the people and the diversity of tasks.  I get a kick out of seeing places I have been to, but I also enjoy seeing places that I have never been. It's kind of like watching Tar AUS and seeing the same tasks that TAR US had in the earlier seasons.  While it's kind of neat to see how others tackle the same things others have done before, it's a little meh at the same time. 

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 02:50:38 PM »
Let's wait for the race to be announced before making assumptions. There is still a possibility of a new country being used.
Go take a look at the timeline, there are still places unaccounted for, like the entire Leg 8, or the two Bangladesh legs.

And even if there isn't a new country, it's ok. It was bound to happen sooner or later. That way we're sure that TAR won't end when they run out of new countries.

Offline Squall

• RFF Jr. Member
  • There is reason to fear;Squall (the first) is here
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 09:49:33 PM »
I knew a day would come when we would get new countries; but, with some places having not been featured in a while (Spain, Turkey); new locations in familiar places (Loire Valley, France), and some recent new countries getting a second breath (Indonesia / Bangladesh) its cool.

I'm also excited that; we get to see a full leg in NYC instead of fly here, go there (maybe one more quick task) and finish line. It's the main reason i'm okay with as of TAR 12; previous US cities being show in more detail as a full Race Leg

*drops his two pennies*
"as long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything...you feel less pain" --> Squall
Host: The Mole: South Eastern Sabotage
Played: Fantasy Big Brother 2011 (Mythic) - Win | Survivor K: South Pacific: (Coach) - Runner Up

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 09:56:58 PM »
We're getting to the point where new countries every season is not going to be a given. Many of the remaining countries that haven't been visited pose logistical or safety issues, and the show did more than the recent usual new countries these last two seasons.

As it was, we came close to losing track of them this season as we did in TAR 19 filming, but we were helped by return visits to Shanghai and to Indonesia, and TAR is seen in enough places that there's no way the show could film in Moscow, Amsterdam and New York City without being spotted.

-- theschnauzers

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2012, 10:17:32 AM »
Here are some new countries TAR could go to:

Bulgaria
Latvia
Malta
Israel
Jordan
Cyprus
Luxembourg
Qatar
Fiji
Samoa

Plus they still miss NorthernIreland and Wales in Great Britian.

Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2012, 03:17:17 PM »
Here are some new countries TAR could go to:

Bulgaria
Latvia
Malta
Israel
Jordan
Cyprus
Luxembourg
Qatar
Fiji
Samoa

Plus they still miss NorthernIreland and Wales in Great Britian.

I favor Latvia (between Moscow and Amsterdam) and Luxembourg (after Amsterdam for the same leg) for TAR21.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2012, 07:40:32 PM »
We're getting to the point where new countries every season is not going to be a given. Many of the remaining countries that haven't been visited pose logistical or safety issues, and the show did more than the recent usual new countries these last two seasons.

As it was, we came close to losing track of them this season as we did in TAR 19 filming, but we were helped by return visits to Shanghai and to Indonesia, and TAR is seen in enough places that there's no way the show could film in Moscow, Amsterdam and New York City without being spotted.

Now that we've gotten Indonesia, Denmark, and Belgium, what IS the most surprising country we haven't seen yet? Sure, we haven't had Pit Stops in Canada or Finland, but we've at least BEEN there. What's left, really? The islands in the South Pacific, Central America, and the non-Croatia bits of Yugoslavia? Are there any other really obvious ones?

Oh, and Kenya. Stupid TAR5 non-visit.

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 08:01:59 PM »

Now that we've gotten Indonesia, Denmark, and Belgium, what IS the most surprising country we haven't seen yet? Sure, we haven't had Pit Stops in Canada or Finland, but we've at least BEEN there. What's left, really? The islands in the South Pacific, Central America, and the non-Croatia bits of Yugoslavia? Are there any other really obvious ones?

Oh, and Kenya. Stupid TAR5 non-visit.
Antarctica?

paldog123456

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 08:08:46 PM »

This is very true. The only place I think that really should've been visited by now is Wales, which, technically speaking, has been visited before (Wales being in the U.K.). Still, it is relatively safe and quite interesting.

Otherwise, we really just have some countries with security issues left and some small countries in Europe. Maybe Israel in the future?

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 11:49:02 AM »
It's amazing how many wishlist threads we have across these forums now!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 12:14:44 PM »
Agreed! Let's take further route discussion to the DISCUSSION THREAD we already have, or to the location thread.

Wishlists go only in the Wishlist thread or  :boot:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2012, 01:36:32 PM »

I think there are many countries which are possible on all continents. Here is a list constructed to the best of my ability to remember which countries teams have visited and which they have not:

Continent of Antarctica

AFRICA (36 countries not visited yet)
•   Algeria
•   Angola
•   Benin
•   Burundi
•   Cameroon
•   Cape Verde
•   Central African Republic
•   Chad
•   Comoros
•   Congo
•   Congo, Democratic Republic of
•   Djibouti
•   Equatorial Guinea
•   Eritrea
•   Gabon
•   Gambia
•   Guinea
•   Guinea-Bissau
•   Ivory Coast
•   Lesotho
•   Liberia
•   Libya
•   Mali
•   Mauritania
•   Niger
•   Nigeria
•   Rwanda
•   Sao Tome and Principe
•   Sierra Leone
•   Somalia
•   South Sudan
•   Sudan
•   Swaziland
•   Togo
•   Tunisia
•   Uganda
•   Zimbabwe

ASIA (25 countries not visited yet)
•   Afghanistan
•   Bahrain
•   Bhutan
•   Brunei
•   Burma (Myanmar)
•   East Timor
•   Iran
•   Iraq
•   Israel
•   Jordan
•   Korea, North
•   Kuwait
•   Kyrgyzstan
•   Laos
•   Lebanon
•   Maldives
•   Nepal
•   Pakistan
•   Qatar
•   Saudi Arabia
•   Syria
•   Tajikistan
•   Turkmenistan
•   Uzbekistan
•   Yemen

EUROPE (19 countries not visited yet)
•   Albania
•   Andorra
•   Armenia
•   Belarus
•   Bosnia and Herzegovina
•   Bulgaria
•   Cyprus
•   Georgia
•   Latvia
•   Luxembourg
•   Macedonia
•   Malta
•   Moldova
•   Monaco
•   Montenegro
•   San Marino
•   Serbia
•   Slovakia
•   Vatican City

N. AMERICA (17 countries not visited yet)
•   Antigua and Barbuda
•   Bahamas
•   Barbados
•   Belize
•   Cuba
•   Dominica
•   Dominican Republic
•   El Salvador
•   Grenada
•   Guatemala
•   Haiti
•   Honduras
•   Nicaragua
•   Saint Kitts and Nevis
•   Saint Lucia
•   Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
•   Trinidad and Tobago

S. AMERICA (4 countries not visited yet)
•   Colombia
•   Guyana
•   Suriname
.       Venezuela

OCEANIA (12 countries not visited yet)
•   Fiji
•   Kiribati
•   Marshall Islands
•   Micronesia
•   Nauru
•   Palau
•   Papua New Guinea
•   Samoa
•   Solomon Islands
•   Tonga
•   Tuvalu
•   Vanuatu

That gives me a total of 113 countries not visited yet. There is a lot of opportunity to have new countries in each and every Amazing Race, even with the necessary limitations due to safety risks.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 10:19:06 PM by apskip »

addie

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 01:38:47 PM »
Agreed.

Offline Squall

• RFF Jr. Member
  • There is reason to fear;Squall (the first) is here
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 09:46:18 PM »
Kuwait was visited; Season 10: Leg 6.......the leg with Mary and David winning the fast forward that involved fire; and peter/sarah getting eliminated....loved the robotic jockey camel detour
"as long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything...you feel less pain" --> Squall
Host: The Mole: South Eastern Sabotage
Played: Fantasy Big Brother 2011 (Mythic) - Win | Survivor K: South Pacific: (Coach) - Runner Up

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 11:02:41 AM »
Luxembourg was visited with the measuring roadblock.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

paldog123456

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 11:04:27 AM »

No, Luxembourg has never been visited. The measuring Roadblock took place in Liechtenstein.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 11:05:25 AM »

No, Luxembourg has never been visited. The measuring Roadblock took place in Liechtenstein.

Oh , i knew that was something wrong!!!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you Paldog!  :hrt:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard