Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Poll

Who made the best Race Route AND Finale Leg? (This will also be counted and scored)

Racer
11 (34.4%)
ZouLy
9 (28.1%)
Mug Constanza
12 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: June 21, 2012, 01:33:06 AM

Author Topic: ★★ TAR Leg Design Challenge -- Gallery! ★★ (A WINNER IS CROWNED!)  (Read 9181 times)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Golden Ball.
To me , it was actually a easy one...  :(
"I don't drink. But when i do , i become another person. And that one , drinks a lot."

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
Voted.

To me , it was actually a easy one...  :(

Yeah. They were all great but one was clearly ahead of the others.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Golden Ball.
Actually , to me , it was clearly 1st , 2nd and 3rd.

The 3rd , to me , was a boring route and a mistake on the leg.
"I don't drink. But when i do , i become another person. And that one , drinks a lot."

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Voted. Good luck to all the finalists! :tup:

Offline chal_uf

• RFF Not So Newbie
voted.. You guys did a great job. :)

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • #BreakFree
Voted :)

Good luck all finalists! May the best designer win!!  :hearts:
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • China Rush 2 Rock!!
I love ZouLy Final Task.. Wow!!  :colors :yess:
TAR Greece - Tanya and Rosie - 393 EU Left RB T:2 R:1
Sam AR 10 - Simon & Martina - 36 CNY Left RB S:5 M:5
RFF - Autowil & Marie

Offline racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • #NeverGiveUpNicole ♥
Great job Zouly and Mug Costanza! May the best designer win! Good luck, judges! :hoot:

And thanks for the kind comments, everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed all of our designs!!! :hrt:
This space is dedicated forevermore to Poland's Next Top Model.

Offline racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • #NeverGiveUpNicole ♥
And I find it extremely hilarious that some of you were covertly looking at our designs ahead of time!!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
This space is dedicated forevermore to Poland's Next Top Model.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
And I find it extremely hilarious that some of you were covertly looking at our designs ahead of time!!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

THIS..!!   :stare :stare :stare

How'd you guys find ours by googling..? we're like try as hard as we can to create a complicated wikia address so that the detectives won't be able to track (except Cocoa, the host)..  :lol:
Don't ever put {hashtag} '#amazingrace' if you don't want to be chased by RFF's TAR Detectives 8)

addie

It was quite simple :lol:

just google 'ZouLy TAR Design Challenge' and the pages came up.  :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
This is one of the most awesome things I have seen! Now that I can catch my breath, I want to go wallow in the truly excellent work of you three! Sheep! Antartica! Antiques! REAL Memory Challenges!!  :wohoo:

WRP definitely could take some pointers from you three!

But Mugs....

More importantly, I believe this leg will also be difficult for RFF to spoil because all of the tasks take place either in remote areas, securely-guarded areas, or completely indoors.

:gaah:  Where's the fun in THAT?

:lol:  :<3
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • #myeyeseverytimewhenireadyourposts
I looked through the three designs and I... couldn't decide on a winner.

In the end, I picked the design which had the best memory challenge IMO as the winner. I've only voted in the poll so far..

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • #myeyeseverytimewhenireadyourposts
I voted.... Thank you for a great season Cocoa.

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
Voted. Goodluck to all the finalist!
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
Voted.  Some truly inspirational final legs there, but one stands out above the rest to me.  Good luck to the finalists!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Voted! Good job to all three of you! They all look fabulous! :colors

Whoever wins will have their first RFF win! :hearts:

Show content
I have to say that I think racer's is the best overall. I love the finale being in Idaho and the sheep task is really creative. The surprise last task and teams having to figure out where the finish line is from a picture will make great television. His route is also great with interesting new locations and he did really well at designing the wiki. His starting line task <3333, pulling a cannon to the pit stop FF <333

(I really love Mug's final task too ;D)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 08:08:12 AM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline #HEEL

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Kyle has made his judgements!

I scored all the races on the following four categories:

Tasks:
Tasks are the meat of The Amazing Race- You can still technically have a show without them, but it's not nearly as satisfying, and it takes a lot more work to make it good.

Excitement:
I'm not tuning in to the finale to see Colin and Christie finish a full week ahead of the next best team. Stuff needs to happen on the final leg!

Difficulty:
The winners need to earn their prize. It's bad enough when a good team gets lucked out of first when there's nothing more than $10,000 or a vacation on the line. To have a team screwed by luck when there's $1 million at stake? That's the makings of a really bad season.

X-Factor:
Anything that made a leg good or bad that doesn't belong in the other three categories goes here.

Racer-

A decent final leg, though there are issues right from the start with far too many flight connections to reach the final destination city. A 10 hour layover in San Fransisco is especially ridiculous, and leaves me worrying that the team that eventually wins the race will be the only team that has managed to stave off going comatose with all that downtime.

The Detour leaves a lot to be desired. The sticks task is luck, which has no place in the finale, and the Stones task, while valiant in its aims, will turn into a 10 round game of follow the leader as teams guess their way through stones without even leaving the museum. Remember the flower selling task in Amazing Race 10? The same thing will happen as teams get too paranoid to leave each other alone with everything on the line.

The same sort of effect occurs on the Friendship Bridge. It's a great idea, but with so much at stake, I'd be shocked if any team penned more than one line before hurrying onwards. It needs a mandatory waiting time, which would serve to force teams to reflect, and add some tension if teams should arrive close to each other.

The leg gets saved somewhat at the first Roadblock, which is certainly better than anything else offered up so far.

The wing walking, while interesting and almost certainly race defining as one racer is sure to battle a fear of heights, has nothing to do with Idaho.

A second memory challenge is a good idea, however 30 tiny badges is far too demanding of racers. Lower the number of badges, unless you want teams to be working at it in excesss of 4 hours.

ZouLy-

I yawned all the way through it. The Detour was a pointless time waster that you could have skipped and instead secured an earlier flight to get more daylight hours for shooting in Chicago.

The Oprah task left a bitter taste in my mouth. When I'm watching a competition for a million dollars, the last thing I want to happen is have all the flow broken up for a little chat with a retired talk show host that I was never a fan of to begin with. The handing out of prizes was lame, unless the racers are expected to carry them to the Pit Stop to be able to keep them, which would be interesting, if a little slapstick.

Thank God you put a puzzle in for the next clue, otherwise this leg would have been all down to the luck task. Speaking of- And I want everyone from WRP, RFF, CBS and any other organisation to do with The Amazing Race that might be reading- LUCK TASKS DO NOT BELONG IN THE FINAL LEG. If I want to see someone win a lot of money because they got lucky, I'll start following the results of the lottery.

The Antique store task is an interesting premise, but has the same problems as the 30 badges task. If it was me racing, I'd probably take one look at the store and decide the 4 hour penalty is definitely the better option.

The Planetarium is a nice spot to finish over the water, and has a lot of room for a dramatic run for the line.

As a final word, your mention of finishing in the top 3 for the last 5 rounds only leaves me thinking "So? Eric and Jeremy placed in the top two for every leg bar one and they didn't win squat."

Mug Costanza-

I liked this leg. The difficult clues set the pace well and the message finally seems to have come through- Make the winners earn it. Timing was also good, you gave the crew plenty of time to film in daylight.

The first Roadblock felt a bit drab. I get that Budweiser is a big thing in America, but the rest of the world knows that American beer is terrible anyway, and caring for livestock just seems so basic. If you feel like you can't get through an entire episode without popping out for a coffee break, the brewery is your time to take it.

The pizza task felt more like a time waster than anything else. Is there really an opportunity for a team to make up time on something as basic as sprinkling cheese and oregano on a pizza base? I doubt it, unless one of the teams is missing a few limbs, in which case they deserve the prize just for making it that far.

Fortunately, things get better with Rock Climbing, although I'm sure the camera guys will stare wistfully at any windows and wish they could be shooting it outside, where they can get shots of cliffs or oceans or something to make it look more impressive.

The task at the barracks is certainly unique, and I think it works very well, despite its simplicity.

I like the final clue being so difficult and indirect. It definitely allows for some shuffling of places
in the final dash for the finish as teams debate whether to trust their instincts, local help, a cabbie,
or the internet.

-----------------------------------
I will offer this for the designers: Kyle is the Simon Cowell of Australia's Got Talent, his role is to be the mean judge. As such, I have searched tirelessly for things in each leg to pick on.

That means if there was very little (or nothing) said about an aspect of the leg, it probably means it was well designed, and I couldn't find something about it to hate.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
The Oprah task left a bitter taste in my mouth. When I'm watching a competition for a million dollars, the last thing I want to happen is have all the flow broken up for a little chat with a retired talk show host that I was never a fan of to begin with.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
21 votes received! About 3 days left (same with poll's closing time)

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't Poke the Bear
The first Roadblock felt a bit drab. I get that Budweiser is a big thing in America, but the rest of the world knows that American beer is terrible anyway, and caring for livestock just seems so basic. If you feel like you can't get through an entire episode without popping out for a coffee break, the brewery is your time to take it.

:lol3:

Offline #HEEL

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

:lol3:

Sidenote: Fosters is NOT Australian for beer. Fosters is Australian for "This beer is terrible and nobody will drink it, how are we going to get rid of it?"

Offline Paldog

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • US Winter Olympic Team - Sochi 2014 - Go America!
I really enjoyed these legs (and wish you would all have been able to see my FABULOUS Detroit leg :lol3: ), but there is one major issue I have with one of the legs.

The Finish Line of ZouLy's leg.

I have been to Chicago and the planetarium numerous time since Chicago is only a 6-hour train ride away, and I know one thing for sure: that is right near Navy Pier, and that whole area is a HUGE tourist attraction. The planetarium is right near some other major attractions, so, even if the planetarium was closed, people would still have been there. I can almost GUARANTEE that if the Finish Line was outside at the Planetarium (like I assume it was going to be), it would've been a spoiled finale.

Sorry for the little rant, but one thing I hate is spoiled finales... spoiling the tasks is fine, but spoiling the final finish order is a bit disappointing and kind of makes watching the finale anticlimatic.
"I've heard her called a quitter for leaving, an aimless wanderer. But not all who wander are aimless. Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition; beyond definition; beyond the image." ― Mona Lisa Smile

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Voted! You guys have done a really good job.

Custom Search