Author Topic: Big Brother Canada!!  (Read 74841 times)

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
Re: Big Brother Canada!!
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2012, 03:49:24 PM »
This was just tweeted from @BigBrotherCanada
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2012, 06:22:01 PM »
http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2012/09/big-brother-canada-vancouver-auditions-an-interview-with-hayden-moss/

Big Brother Canada Vancouver Auditions – An Interview with Hayden Moss

SEPTEMBER 24, 2012
Posted by Felix Kay | 1 Comment
Over 600 people lined up in front of the Convention Centre Sunday morning, all trying their luck to get on the first  Season of Big Brother Canada — and Hayden Moss, winner of Big Brother 12, was there to watch it all go down.

It was a gathering of exhibitionists, and the Big Brother casting team would expect nothing less. When it comes to getting noticed in a crowd, it’s all about appearance. Some people attempted to stick out by dressing up – One guy was dressed as a police officer, which looked straight out of the Village People, while others took a different route and tried grabbing the producer’s attention by “engaging with their surroundings” – whether it was climbing the giant Orca, or running up the line pumping the crowd –  everyone wanted to be in the spotlight, and this was their 5mins.

Hayden Moss, one of the Big Brother power houses who won Season 12, was at the open auditions to hype the crowed and show his support for the inaugural season of the show that set his life down a very unique direction. On the show, Hayden was part of “The Brigade” alliance, along with Enzo, Matt, and Lane. Hayden’s closest friend inside his Brigade alliance is Enzo but he also befriended Lane, Kristen, Kathy and Andrew.

Hayden’s nickname within his alliance was “The Animal”; he knew how to play the game and played it well. He describes himself as “outgoing, athletic and charming”— and I assure you after speaking with Hayden, he is a genuinely awesome person, (but let’s keep it low key, we don’t want to ruin his street cred).

I had the luxury of hanging out with Hayden at the audition, and got a chance to ask him a few questions about Big Brother and the upcoming season of Big Brother Canada;

Felix: How would you feel about returning to the Big Brother House for All Stars 2?

Hayden: I’d love to come back for a 2nd 500k… being the 1st 2 time winner would be pretty sweet!
Felix: What are your thoughts on Big Brother 14 and who did you think would win?

Hayden: After the fact… I really think Dan played the best game, but I was rooting for Ian. I couldn’t be more stoked about the outcome!
Felix: Aside from any of the House Guests from Season 12, who would you most like to play Big Brother with?

Hayden: I call this the “Legends and Models” category. I’d love to play with and beat the legends of BB… Dr Will, Evel Dick, Dan Gheesling, Mike Boogie etc, but I would love to live in a house with some of the models like Cassi Colvin and Kara Monaco! For obvious reasons…
Felix: When you joined the brigade, did you think you would make it to the final two?

Hayden: The short answer is YES! I knew I was going to win! BB is a very tough game, and you have to have confidence, if you don’t believe in yourself you wont last!
Felix: How did you feel about back stabbing Brittany?

Hayden: I honestly felt awful about it. She’s a great girl, but at the end of the day you have to do what it takes to win!
Felix: Are you still in touch with the brigade members?

Hayden: Absolutely, we shoot the **** all the time. We will all be life long friends!
Felix: How did it feel living in the Big Brother house for 79 days?

Hayden: Brutal and Amazing! Its not easy being away from… EVERYTHING for 3 months, but the payoff was worth it!
Felix: How did winning the Big Brother grand prize change your life?

Hayden: Obviously my bank account is a little healthier these days, but the friends and networking opportunities are what really made the experience a life changer!
Felix: What was your best experience in the big brother house?

Hayden: When the last vote went my direction and I knew I was getting PAID!
Felix: Do you have any advice you can give for the upcoming Big Brother Canada contestants?

Hayden: Don’t get complacent, keep your eye on the prize, and expect the unexpected!
Felix: Thank you for taking the time to speak with me.

Big Brother Canada is set to air February, 2013 on Slice.

Felix Kay,
Follow Felix on Twitter: @TheFelixKay

photo credit: @thefelixkay

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 09:31:08 AM »
TWEETED Today :

BigBrotherCA Big Brother Canada 14m

First group in the holding room! #BigBrotherCanada pic.twitter.com/NLS8hJPf

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 09:40:50 AM »
Tweeted today : BigBrotherCA Big Brother Canada 4m
Shakin' off those nerves before heading into the casting room! #BigBrotherCanada pic.twitter.com/etIbwLEJ

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2012, 09:42:11 AM »
TazlyTaz Tazly 52m
Holding roooooom!!! @BigBrotherCA #TazlyOnBigBrotherCA pic.twitter.com/eyYq77jR

Offline thepuffytaco

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • YOU ARE NEXT!
    • PakuPakuMedia
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 06:06:31 PM »
Trevor Boris from Video on Trial is one of the producers and has been on the panels for auditions.

Trevor on Video On Trial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCMfJf_GzGQ
“Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends” ― Francis Bacon

Offline HurricaneHowieWood

• Big Brother Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • Reality TV! Pick your poison!
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2012, 11:24:00 PM »
Big Brother Canada: 10,000 apply for 14 house guest spots

Nancy J. White
Life Reporter

Ten thousand Canadians have applied for the 14 spots in the first ever Big Brother Canada.

The national casting tour that stopped in Vancouver, Calgary, Halifax, Montreal and Toronto and the online audition process have all ended.

“Based on the excitement and passion of the thousands who have applied, we know that we’ll find a legendary group of intriguing characters and big personalities for the inaugural season,” said Barbara Williams, senior vice-president of content at Shaw Media.

The show will premiere in winter 2013 on Slice.

Similar to the U.S. show, the chosen few will leave their lives behind to dwell in the Big Brother house outfitted with wall-to-wall cameras and microphones. They will compete in challenges every week and vote each other out until one is left.

Source: http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/1283773--big-brother-canada-10-000-apply-for-14-house-guest-spots
Like Us On FB: Reality Fan Forum

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 09:50:54 PM »
And from the look of it the top one is of the BB UK house.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2012, 08:43:18 PM »
:tup: Leafsfan!

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2012, 11:04:32 PM »
Where did you see that??  LOL I need proof before i give up my winter! :lol3:

Live feeds confirmed !

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2012, 11:10:59 PM »
Big Brother Canada & After Dark – Premiering February 27, 2013
Posted by Rebecca Burstein December 12, 2012 Network News

We heard some brand new Big Brother Canada details today, and we’re so excited to share them with you!

Wondering about the premiere date? Pull out your calendars right now and circle February 27th, when Big Brother Canada is slated to premiere at 9pm ET/PT. Similar to the hugely popular US series, Big Brother Canada will air three nights a week only on Slice, on Wednesdays at 9pm ET/PT, Thursdays at 10pm ET/PT and Sundays at 9pm ET/PT, with live eviction episodes on Thursdays. The search for a diverse group of contestants still continues, so stay tuned for more details on the final 14 in the coming months.

But that’s not all. If you can’t get enough of the prime-time drama, we’ve got amazing news for you: Big Brother After Dark will also kick off on February 27th only on Slice. Big Brother After Dark will air seven days a week from 2am-5am ET/11pm-2am PT, with a live, uncut and uncensored feed directly from the Big Brother house. There’s no better way to peek inside the Big Brother house after the cameras have been turned off.

For more updates, make sure to watch our Big Brother Canada show site, follow @BigBrotherCA and @Slice_TV on Twitter, and keep your eyes on the Big Brother Canada Facebook page and the Slice Facebook page.

We can’t wait for February – can you?

http://blogs.slice.ca/new-big-brother-and-big-brother-after-dark-details/

Offline thepuffytaco

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • YOU ARE NEXT!
    • PakuPakuMedia
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2013, 02:12:09 PM »
OMG - They built it RIGHT beside my high school.
“Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends” ― Francis Bacon

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 02:17:12 PM »
Hey Leafsan(or anyone who knows), will Americans be able to get live feeds? Or is it geographically restricted to US?

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »
Canadians were not blocked from the live feeds from what I know of and they always  got to see it on tv.

It's going to be a sit and wait game.

We don't want anyone to get in trouble for posting "hot links" for the live Canadian feeds so when in doubt PM a moderator! :lol3:

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 05:04:32 PM »
Press Releases

Wednesday January 16, 2013
BIG BROTHER CANADA GIVES FANS THE BIGGEST MULTIPLATFORM ENTERTAINMENT EXPERIENCE
Download Press Release | Return to Press Releases

Robust Interactive Website Offers 24 Hour Live Feed, Prizes and Power to Biggest Fans

Bigbrothercanada.ca to Stream More Content
Than Any Other Entertainment Series in Canada

TORONTO, January 16, 2013 – This February Big Brother Canada is taking over, both on air and online.  Shaw Media and Insight Productions have teamed up with Emmy® Award-winning interactive agency Secret Location to develop a robust digital platform that will be wholly integrated into the production of the highly-anticipated series. The extensive and interactive digital experience will offer fans the unprecedented opportunity to influence and impact what transpires week-to-week on screen. Canadian fans have the chance to: eavesdrop on the houseguests 24 hours a day, vote on twists and turns, engage with the houseguests and play the Big Brother Canada Power Play game for points, prizes and power. Big Brother Canada and all digital components launch February 27th on SliceTMand at Bigbrothercanada.ca Big Brother Canada is the first Canadian installment of Endemol’s worldwide hit franchise.

“Social engagement is a huge part of Big Brother’s appeal for fans and we’ve created a completely integrated online experience that will resonate with audiences,” said Barbara Williams, SVP of Content for Shaw Media. “We’ve developed a platform that gives our audience countless opportunities to engage and make decisions that will impact the series in real time and in fact, there may even be moments throughout the series that fans could have more power over the happenings in the house than the houseguests themselves!”

The robust website will empower fans to continually shock the houseguests and influence the course of the show. Big Brother Canada promises Canadians the opportunity to vote for major decisions throughout the season. What if Canadians are given the chance to determine houseguests’ rewards and punishments? Imagine they have the opportunity to influence the food in the house? And who will fans choose if given the power to save a life or the final say in an eviction? Canadians will have their say, but as to how much will be revealed as the series unfolds. 

The site’s Big Brother Canada Power Play prediction game is the ultimate opportunity for the uber-fan. Power Play will give Canadians the best interactive platform to play along while watching the show. Each week fans will be asked to lock in their predictions for who will win Head of Household and the Power of Veto competitions, who will be put up on the block and ultimately who will be evicted. The more each fan participates in the game, the more points they accumulate, and the more potential they have to win prizes and power to shape what’s happening on air.

"We are excited to offer a broad multiplatform experience that offers live feeds, blogs, video exclusives, a play at home game and extensive social engagement," said John Brunton, Executive Producer, Insight Productions. "This is the largest, most comprehensive, digital undertaking our company has ever done."

"Through an incredibly close collaboration with Shaw Media and Insight Productions - working in real time as part of production - we now have the unique ability to let fans make decisions that will actually affect the characters and action in the TV series in ways we’ve never executed before,” said James Milward, Founder of Secret Location.

For those who just can’t get enough of the goings on inside the Big Brother Canada house Bigbrothercanada.ca will offer a free 24 hour live feed available for streaming daily following the series premiere on February 27th. [/size]Other video exclusives will include houseguests’ answers to questions submitted by fans through Facebook and Twitter, behind the scenes footage you won’t see on air and interviews with favourite previous Big Brother US houseguests. Bigbrothercanada.ca will stream more content than any other entertainment series in the country. Bigbrothercanada.ca and the Big Brother Canada game are accessible on all devices including tablets and smartphones.

The first Canadian installment of the international sensation, Big Brother Canada premieres on February 27th at 9pm ET/PT onSliceTM. Big Brother Canada will air three nights a week, on Wednesdays at 9pm ET/PT,Thursdays at 10pm ET/PT and Sundays at 9pm ET/PT, with live eviction episodes on Thursdays. Big Brother Canada After Dark will kick off on February 27th and air seven days a week from2am-5am ET/ 11pm-2am PT.

The Bigbrothercanada.ca website is funded in part by The Bell Broadcast and New Media Fund.

http://shawmediatv.ca/press/read/?1878

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 05:05:32 PM »

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2013, 05:59:41 PM »
So far the USA has not been told if they will get the feeds. So only Canadians will get it for free so anything you can do LeafsFan will be a great help! :tup:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2013, 06:20:54 PM »
Thanks LF!  We will see how it goes with updating. :)
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2013, 06:00:13 PM »
I think he just tweeted that to get more of the US fans invested. Just like how they got Hayden to go to a casting call up there.. 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2013, 06:55:14 PM »
I would not count on us getting the feeds...aren't Canadians blocked from the US feeds?? Seems like I remember some geographic tweaking going on.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2013, 01:00:11 AM »
I would not count on us getting the feeds...aren't Canadians blocked from the US feeds?? Seems like I remember some geographic tweaking going on.

I'm Canadian and get the feeds on Superpass, so I think you will be able to get the canadian ones when they start.  I should be able to update this year, as our contract was finally settled and the finances are back to black  :)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2013, 04:08:37 AM »
Hate to be captain obvious but I think there is a new section for BB Canada.

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2013, 05:59:19 PM »
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/big-brother-canada-live-stream-413348

VANCOUVER – Wall-to-wall cameras and microphones are just not enough for the first-ever Big Brother Canada reality series, to bow here on February 27.

Insight Productions and broadcaster Shaw Media tapped digital producer Secret Location to create a free 24 hour live stream with social engagement to allow viewers to eavesdrop on and interact with the strangers-living-together reality series.
The multi-platform offering will also enable viewers to vote on twists and turns, interact with the competitors and play a Big Brother Canada Power Play game for points and prizes.
Big Brother Canada fans will have a say in determining house-guests rewards and punishment, the food in the house and whether to save a life or settle on an eviction.
The BigbrotherCanada.ca live streaming site will not be available to American users because of geo-gating.
While sister channel Global Television airs CBS' Big Brother series here, Shaw Media's Slice channel will air the first Canadian installment of Endemol’s global franchise.
Big Brother Canada will air three nights a week on Slice, and Big Brother Canada After Dark will air seven days a week late night.
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2013, 09:54:03 PM »
I think we all know we have "ways around" the live feed issue for  the Americans here that want to watch BB Canada..

And with that being the case I believe we would  need to get a few things clarified.

Please add suggestions and oppositions to help us figure out  how to make the best out of our FIRST BB Canada Season! :tup:

1) Those that want to update, will we be allowed to post the updates here on RFF with screen caps from what ever source we chose to use?

2) Since  we are not held by the restrains of CBS and the live feeds policing in the past will we be able to post videos?

3) if the answer to 2 is yes then i would suggest a time limit on some of the "live feed captured video to be no longer than a few minutes. this way it's only the important stuff

4) We most likely will have a separate thread for ALL LEGAL YouTube videos that are released along with the credit links to them