Author Topic: TAR 21: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**  (Read 71851 times)

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 21: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2012, 09:40:33 PM »
Teams were not only specifically directed to pick up their cars there, but is also listed in Wikipedia for a visit. And the Netherlands and Germany counted in TAR19, so this makes sense.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2012, 05:06:24 PM »
It seems weird, but they may not count The USA as visited, only a start and finish.
Though they probably should include it in the count as a visit.
Do they not count countries if they just pass through? What about airport connections?
The number of visited countries could climb.
Complicated.
Maybe only countries Phil talks count as visited.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2012, 05:06:16 AM »
It seems weird, but they may not count The USA as visited, only a start and finish.
Though they probably should include it in the count as a visit.
Do they not count countries if they just pass through? What about airport connections?
The number of visited countries could climb.
Complicated.
Maybe only countries Phil talks count as visited.
Of course that doesn't count ..
Not as much, if you study other seasons

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2012, 07:58:24 AM »
SQUEAL! On very few occasions, there is something to like about every single team, and this season they've done it again! I feel like the cast is well-balanced out, no teams have special advantages, and some really interesting teams that I hope to see more of :)
My pre-season favourites are every team, but these are the ones I'm going to support the most (in order of how awesome they are):
1. Gary & Will - The type of team I want to see on every season. The title of 'Substitute Teachers' sounds boring, but I think it's nice to see something different, not to mention they are avid cyclists and best friends. They are clearly long time TAR fans, and they seem like good guys. Definitely my #1 team this season :)
2. Jaymes & James - I was expecting the usual alpha male team which they are, HOWEVER they don't seem the too serious/competitive type, I think they'll be loads of fun to watch! They seem like good guys and I look forward to see how they race!
3. Amy & Daniel - Definitely my favourite couple, Amy is obviously an inspiration and it seems as though Daniel balances her out. I'm expecting minor bickering but I won't mind that, because they seem like awesome people!
4. James & Abba - Straight away I've predicted they're going to be our humour team this season. They remind me of a city version of Mark & Bopper :lol: I look forward to see how they race, they look like loads of fun and even though they're heavy metal heads, they seem like nice guys.
5. Caitlin & Brittany - A blonde team I have confidence in! They seem a lot more intelligent than I was expecting, and they claim they're competitive and I think they can avoid the first few eliminations, they have it in them!
6. Natalie & Nadiya - I think these two are going to be the strongest team this season, let me explain. Sibling teams tend to have the better relationships because all their troubles are sorted out in childhood, and it's easier to sort out problems in the long run. Some of the best racers in TAR history are siblings (TAR3 Wonder Twins, Australian Wonder Twins, Nick & Starr, Tammy & Victor) and the fact that these two are TWINS as well, I think they're going to be on the same wavelength. They come across as very competitive, intelligent AND physically strong. Do we have an alpha female team on our hands? I think so
7. Trey & Lexi - Is this the youngest couple we've ever had on TAR? CMIIW. I'm afraid of them developing into the token bicker team but i really hope they can stay cool like they are in their bio video :)

As for the other teams. I do LIKE them, but I don't see myself supporting them in the long run :(

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2012, 10:47:34 PM »
There just HAD to be a catch to the 2 million prize!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!  :gaah:

Only one thing will make me feel better, Gangnam Style!
Bring on the 21!

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2012, 01:37:58 AM »
I hate to bitch and moan about my favorite show... but I really don't like this cast. I know I'm going to be in the minority on this, but I need to voice my opinion. There's only like 3 teams that I really like (Gary & Will, Abbie & Ryan, Amy & Daniel), and I'm indifferent about the rest. I'm really, really hoping that'll change once the show starts and we actually see teams racing, but I really don't like this cast as a whole right now. :( :( :(
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2012, 11:00:49 AM »
I hate to bitch and moan about my favorite show... but I really don't like this cast. I know I'm going to be in the minority on this, but I need to voice my opinion. There's only like 3 teams that I really like (Gary & Will, Abbie & Ryan, Amy & Daniel), and I'm indifferent about the rest. I'm really, really hoping that'll change once the show starts and we actually see teams racing, but I really don't like this cast as a whole right now. :( :( :(

I agree. I thought I was the only one who hated this cast. It seems like there are too many non-competitive teams who are just on the show to produce a show rather than to race well. Just by the intro's, you can tell that about half of the teams are just not going to be competitive teams, they are on the race to get viewers.

I really haven't liked the casting since really Season 16 for seasons with new casts. I liked the cast of Unfinished Business, but that was basically an all star season. For a completely new season, the casting hasn't been good in a while.

In fact, I have thought that some of the recent seasons have had the worst casting in the history of the show(TAR 17 and TAR 19). I thought those two casts were incredibly boring, and really non-competitive with the exception of like three or four teams on each season who you knew were going to make it far in the race.

The Amazing Race is to the point where they basically dictate which teams make it to the final three. Some teams just aren't competitive, and some teams are. A group of 60 year old ladies is going to be eliminated over a pair of alpha-males in their 30's. Its just the way it is, The Amazing Race is catering their casting towards certain teams they decide to cast. I almost feel like they cast a few good teams and then cater the rest of the cast towards those teams making it far in the race by filling out the rest of the spots with non-competitive teams.

I would really like to see a season where every team could possibly win. That hasn't happened in a while, but the Amazing Race was a lot better like that.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2012, 11:20:34 AM »
I rewatched the Season 12 Finale:
Phil "10 CITIES, 4 continents, and over 30,000 miles..." :groan:

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2012, 09:05:00 PM »
Emmm... Actually, the premiere of this season was... okay for me :tup:

Yeah, I agree with the editing which seems very rushed, except the abacus part (which is totally the highlight of this episode). The tasks were okay for me too, though the rappelling task seemed unnecessary for me. It could be replaced with self-driving scene to the airport (just like old TAR that I miss :) ). The ping pong task wasn't that bad as well as the eating challenge. In my opinion, this premiere was better than the last season. :escape

For the cast, well, I heard many people complain about the casts which are 'stunt'. What do you guys think? I think casts for this season are okay. I love all of the teams so far.

I am actually worried when people complain a lot about TAR USA nowadays. I don't know...  :duno: With many people think that TAR Australia is better (not that I hate TAR: Australia. I love TAR: Australia too), I'm afraid that someday TAR USA loses its fame. :(

Anyway, do you think that one of the reasons why this premiere is disappointing for most of people because of its duration? Original TAR is just an hour episode, which is shorter than TAR Australia. Isn't TAR Aus more than an hour episode? Correct me. :)

Hope it's gonna be a nice season.

TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2012, 12:14:16 AM »
Actually i liked the premiere too. The tasks were ok i guess, the only issue i have is that they seemed to be a rehash from previous visits to China (Ping-pong from S1 and eating task from S10).

The season is filled with stunt casting, which at first i thought it was annoying but if the cast can entertain for the whole season without getting boring then fine by me.

Still disappointed that we wont get a new country this season but i can forget about that if the next set of legs are good. Especially the one in Spain.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2012, 05:09:57 AM »
Actually i liked the premiere too. The tasks were ok i guess, the only issue i have is that they seemed to be a rehash from previous visits to China (Ping-pong from S1 and eating task from S10).

The season is filled with stunt casting, which at first i thought it was annoying but if the cast can entertain for the whole season without getting boring then fine by me.

Still disappointed that we wont get a new country this season but i can forget about that if the next set of legs are good. Especially the one in Spain.
However, we still don't know what comes in between Russia & The Netherlands :tup:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2012, 07:20:58 AM »
Emmm... Actually, the premiere of this season was... okay for me :tup:

Yeah, I agree with the editing which seems very rushed, except the abacus part (which is totally the highlight of this episode). The tasks were okay for me too, though the rappelling task seemed unnecessary for me. It could be replaced with self-driving scene to the airport (just like old TAR that I miss :) ). The ping pong task wasn't that bad as well as the eating challenge. In my opinion, this premiere was better than the last season. :escape

For the cast, well, I heard many people complain about the casts which are 'stunt'. What do you guys think? I think casts for this season are okay. I love all of the teams so far.

I am actually worried when people complain a lot about TAR USA nowadays. I don't know...  :duno: With many people think that TAR Australia is better (not that I hate TAR: Australia. I love TAR: Australia too), I'm afraid that someday TAR USA loses its fame. :(

Anyway, do you think that one of the reasons why this premiere is disappointing for most of people because of its duration? Original TAR is just an hour episode, which is shorter than TAR Australia. Isn't TAR Aus more than an hour episode? Correct me. :)

Hope it's gonna be a nice season.

TARAus is supposed to be a 1hr episode but it always runs overtime.  :tup:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2012, 07:23:28 AM »
TARAus is supposed to be a 1hr episode but overrated talent shows always runs overtime.  :tup:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2012, 07:25:21 AM »
TARAus is supposed to be a 1hr episode but overrated talent shows always runs overtime.  :tup:

Or Home & Away.  :lol3: :lol3:

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2012, 03:54:17 PM »
They need to get rid of those starting line tasks, it's a waste of time.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2012, 03:59:45 PM »
They need to get rid of those starting line tasks, it's a waste of time.

The starting line tasks have either directly or indirectly determined which teams make the first flight out, and thus, which teams are more at risk of being eliminated first.
-- theschnauzers

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2012, 08:55:50 AM »
So I guess even though it's 3 continents, it's not a bad route. Indonesia, Bangladesh, Turkey and Spain <3
But I guess since the prize is possibly $2M, they've cut the budget of the route.
If this $2M prize continues for the rest of TAR seasons, does that mean we will continue to have small routes?  :gaah:
TBH, I would rather have a HUGE race route rather than this $2M prize.
After all only one team has a chance at $2M..
TAR19 went to these new amazing countries but some of the challenges disappointed..
TAR20 had a REALLY good route! It was actually an AMAZING route compared to recent TAR seasons.
But seriously, if $2M means smaller route, I'm not happy.
I was hoping to see Africa 3 seasons in a row (it was unexpected in TAR20) but sadly, not this time.
We'll have to wait and see what this season delivers.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2012, 10:38:25 AM »
So I guess even though it's 3 continents, it's not a bad route. Indonesia, Bangladesh, Turkey and Spain <3
But I guess since the prize is possibly $2M, they've cut the budget of the route.
If this $2M prize continues for the rest of TAR seasons, does that mean we will continue to have small routes?  :gaah:
TBH, I would rather have a HUGE race route rather than this $2M prize.
After all only one team has a chance at $2M..
TAR19 went to these new amazing countries but some of the challenges disappointed..
TAR20 had a REALLY good route! It was actually an AMAZING route compared to recent TAR seasons.
But seriously, if $2M means smaller route, I'm not happy.
I was hoping to see Africa 3 seasons in a row (it was unexpected in TAR20) but sadly, not this time.
We'll have to wait and see what this season delivers.

I wouldn't worry to much about the possible 2nd million dollars coming out of the production budget. Since it is not a guaranteed prize, it is most certainly going to be paid by some Insurance company if it is, in fact, won. All WRP has to do is pay for the premium for the policy.
Matthew 7:15

addie

« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2012, 01:38:22 PM »
I don't know where to post this but:

<33333333333333333333 so cute

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2012, 04:23:38 PM »
Cutest clue giver ever!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gigglypiggies

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2012, 07:36:35 PM »
Cutest clue giver ever!!

Idk, He PingPing from season 16 might have her beat!  :lol: He was adorable. But so is she. It is a tough call to which is cuter.

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
  • Jet and Cord should have won!
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2012, 09:23:28 PM »
Moan about Natalie and Nadine or whatever their names are. In Australia ep 1 aired last night, and they were so annoying! Always yelling and bickering and just ruining a decent episode.
Jet and Cord are still the best!!! Bring them back!

'Maybe God didn't bless me so much with talent, but he gave me try'

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2012, 02:28:35 AM »
Moan about Natalie and Nadine or whatever their names are. In Australia ep 1 aired last night, and they were so annoying! Always yelling and bickering and just ruining a decent episode.

sorry but a jet/cord fan can't complain about any other team being annoying.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2012, 02:51:36 AM »

Booooooo

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
  • Jet and Cord should have won!
« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2012, 07:03:15 AM »

sorry but a jet/cord fan can't complain about any other team being annoying.

Ahh the beauty of different tastes - I enjoyed Jet and Cord!!! I suppose my judgement is to quick tho.
Jet and Cord are still the best!!! Bring them back!

'Maybe God didn't bless me so much with talent, but he gave me try'