SQUEAL! On very few occasions, there is something to like about every single team, and this season they've done it again! I feel like the cast is well-balanced out, no teams have special advantages, and some really interesting teams that I hope to see more of
My pre-season favourites are every team, but these are the ones I'm going to support the most (in order of how awesome they are):
1. Gary & Will - The type of team I want to see on every season. The title of 'Substitute Teachers' sounds boring, but I think it's nice to see something different, not to mention they are avid cyclists and best friends. They are clearly long time TAR fans, and they seem like good guys. Definitely my #1 team this season
2. Jaymes & James - I was expecting the usual alpha male team which they are, HOWEVER they don't seem the too serious/competitive type, I think they'll be loads of fun to watch! They seem like good guys and I look forward to see how they race!
3. Amy & Daniel - Definitely my favourite couple, Amy is obviously an inspiration and it seems as though Daniel balances her out. I'm expecting minor bickering but I won't mind that, because they seem like awesome people!
4. James & Abba - Straight away I've predicted they're going to be our humour team this season. They remind me of a city version of Mark & Bopper
I look forward to see how they race, they look like loads of fun and even though they're heavy metal heads, they seem like nice guys.
5. Caitlin & Brittany - A blonde team I have confidence in! They seem a lot more intelligent than I was expecting, and they claim they're competitive and I think they can avoid the first few eliminations, they have it in them!
6. Natalie & Nadiya - I think these two are going to be the strongest team this season, let me explain. Sibling teams tend to have the better relationships because all their troubles are sorted out in childhood, and it's easier to sort out problems in the long run. Some of the best racers in TAR history are siblings (TAR3 Wonder Twins, Australian Wonder Twins, Nick & Starr, Tammy & Victor) and the fact that these two are TWINS as well, I think they're going to be on the same wavelength. They come across as very competitive, intelligent AND physically strong. Do we have an alpha female team on our hands? I think so
7. Trey & Lexi - Is this the youngest couple we've ever had on TAR? CMIIW. I'm afraid of them developing into the token bicker team but i really hope they can stay cool like they are in their bio video
As for the other teams. I do LIKE them, but I don't see myself supporting them in the long run