Author Topic: TAR 21: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**  (Read 71818 times)

Offline reta

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 21: Bitch, Moan, and Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside!**
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2012, 11:57:40 PM »
I AM STEAMING! I AM FURIOUS! I came to Shanghai 3 months after the filming of season 16 and I thought I was so close. Now this season came to Shanghai... I still live in Shanghai...

but I WAS ON HOLIDAY!

yep during the first leg filming of season 21, I was in Thailand. Lady luck hates me

Oops..That's too bad...
S16, S21, maybe they will come back in S26? Just guess...

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2012, 08:50:15 AM »
I AM STEAMING! I AM FURIOUS! I came to Shanghai 3 months after the filming of season 16 and I thought I was so close. Now this season came to Shanghai... I still live in Shanghai...

but I WAS ON HOLIDAY!

yep during the first leg filming of season 21, I was in Thailand. Lady luck hates me

Well, I live and work in Buenos Aires; I usually goes to the Bus Terminal for sending or retrieving packages for the company I am part of a couple days a week; and I didn't see the teams the day they arrived from Salta.  And that gives me a 3 of 3 in not crossing my path with TAR, including previous legs in Bs. As.; so lady luck hates me too. :groan:

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2012, 08:25:37 AM »
Bangladesh!!!

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2012, 01:12:24 PM »
No new countries (that we know of) yet... :groan:

This route is starting to resemble that of TAR15 or TAR19, which is not good news for me...
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2012, 10:35:07 PM »
New PLACES are what matters to me. I don't care if they are new countries. The world is a very big place. :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2012, 11:17:28 PM »
It's a good thing Bangladesh became independent of Pakistan after the civil war there in the 1970s, or else it might not be off the safe place to travel list (unless Pakistan itself).
-- theschnauzers

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2012, 02:23:51 PM »
I"m not going to expect much in Shanghai being the first leg. Usually first legs are underwhelming and short.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2012, 04:36:07 PM »
I agree. First legs used to be much more exciting.

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2012, 02:55:00 PM »
Sri Lankan sisters survived to Amsterdam yay!  :hearts: :<3 :hrt:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2012, 02:58:29 PM »

that means we will get to see a lot of them this season :hearts:

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2012, 03:02:43 PM »

True that!  :tup:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2012, 03:10:57 PM »

it seems like we are very far into the race, and we havent seen a new FF team go far since TAR17 :hearts: (Kisha and Jen won TAR18 but that was their 2nd race)

we havent seen the blonde FF team for a while, Im just glad the Sri Lankan sisters are still running :luvya:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2012, 10:29:41 AM »
AMSTERDAM CENTRAL?? I WAS JUST THERE LIKE... BARELY 20 DAYS AGO BEFORE FILMING. I AM PISSED. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2012, 12:27:47 PM »
 :gaah: I'm not feeling this route.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2012, 01:21:38 PM »

it seems like we are very far into the race, and we havent seen a new FF team go far since TAR17 :hearts: (Kisha and Jen won TAR18 but that was their 2nd race)

we havent seen the blonde FF team for a while, Im just glad the Sri Lankan sisters are still running :luvya:

I believe it is also speculated that Nadine & Natalie won the Express Pass on leg 2. It would look like we have a new alpha F/F team. I'm loving them.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »
So it's a 3 continent race. I would have preferred more but I am loving some of these new places we are going to. I speculate Leg 8 is somewhere new in Europe. Riga, Latvia? Sofia, Bulgaria?

USA-China-Indonesia-Indonesia-Bangladesh-Bangladesh?-Turkey-Russia-Latvia or Bulgaria?-Netherlands-Spain-France-USA
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2012, 09:02:54 AM »
No new countries?! :( I thought we had Gibraltar, lol

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2012, 09:38:38 AM »
I really hope we'll see at least one new country :(
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2012, 04:01:03 PM »
No new countries?! :( I thought we had Gibraltar, lol

We were close through Ibiza!

We were eventually bound to have a season where no new countries were to be featured.

However, we have underutilized countries: Spain (No full leg ever), Turkey (1 leg), Bangladesh (1 leg), Indonesia (1 season).

leafsfan,

Where did you get your data on "no full leg ever" for Spain? Of course this depends on how you count it, but AR10 ep. 12 teams had a ROADBLOCK in Casablanca then flew to Barcelona for an exciting episode ending at Montjuic. The finale, ep. 13 started with finding Gaudi's unfinished church before flying to Paris. The way I count it that makes a full leg in Barcelona. 

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2012, 04:59:35 PM »
I look at legs as pit stop to pit stop (basically), and by that measure, we had not had a full leg in Spain, apparently, until now. Half legs, yes. But not a full leg.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2012, 07:44:57 AM »
Every season has that one team that I go... "Are you kidding me" in good ways. Like, never expected that kind of team, and really interested in that said team.

And then there's the beauty queen thing. I don't get the obsession with them.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2012, 01:35:16 PM »
Every season has that one team that I go... "Are you kidding me" in good ways. Like, never expected that kind of team, and really interested in that said team.

And then there's the beauty queen thing. I don't get the obsession with them.

I think you will get a big dose of this with Brittany & Caitlin   ;)

Just my speculation.  It will depend on the editing.   :lol:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2012, 01:22:56 PM »
25,000 mile is pretty WTF.

TAR 5 = 72,000 mile.

:res: :res: :res: :res: :res:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2012, 04:40:29 PM »
I know. No big jigs or jags into Africa, Austalia, or ....Antarctica!!  :gaah:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2012, 07:47:46 PM »
25,000 mile is pretty WTF.

TAR 5 = 72,000 mile.

:res: :res: :res: :res: :res:

Joab, your estimate is not the remotest bit close to the real mileage for AR5. It appears that you are using either a World Race Productions source (notorious for overestimating the mileage of Amazing Races) or some other invalid source. Here are the statistics for each of the legs, using www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/infopage/howfar.htm. I am going to approach this by separating out the air miles, which I will show as statute miles at the conversion factor of 1.15 statute miles/air mile, from the fairly small ground transportation segments, which will be in statue miles to start with. One approximation which will tend to understate the air miles is that real trips involve connections at airports not on the line between the origination and destination point. I have used connecting points in only a few instances where I know them.

Here are those segments:                                                                                                                                                                   
                                                                                                                                                                         Air Miles   Statute Miles   
1. Los Angeles to Montevideo                                                                                                                                    6182
   Montevideo to Punta del Este                                                                                                                                                   90
2. Punta del Este to Montevideo                                                                                                                                                  90
   Montevideo to Buenos Aires                                                                                                                                                   150
3. Buenos Aires to San Carlos de Bariloche                                                                                                                    857
4. San Carlos de Bariloche to Buenos Aires                                                                                                                                  947
5. Buenos Aires to St. Petersburg                                                                                                                                8171
6. St. Petersburg to Cairo                                                                                                                                           2073
7. Cairo to Nairobi                                                                                                                                                     2173
    Nairobi to Kilimanjaro airport                                                                                                                                    100
    Kilimanjaro to Mto Wa Mbu                                                                                                                                      100
8. Mto Wa Mbu to Kilimanjaro                                                                                                                                       100 
    Kilimanjaro to Nairobi                                                                                                                                              100
    Nairobi to Dubai                                                                                                                                                    2181
9. Dubai to Calcutta                                                                                                                                                  2100
10. Calcutta to Auckland                                                                                                                                            5907
11Auckland                                                                                                                                                              4922
12. Manila to El Nido Island                                                                                                                                         231
13. El Nido Island to Manila                                                                                                                                          231
     Manila to Calgary                                                                                                                                                 6862
     Calgary to Banff                                                                                                                                                                  80
     Banff to Calgary                                                                                                                                                                  80
     Calgary to Denver                                                                                                                                                  939 
     Denver to Dallas/Ft. Worth                                                                                                                                      658
     DFW to Ft. Worth                                                                                                                                                                 25

That gives me a total of 43225 air miles, which is equivalent to 49709 statute miles. Direct statute miles from ground segments total 1924. The total in statute mile equivalents is 51633, more than 20,000 miles short of 72K.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 07:42:58 AM by apskip »