Author Topic: What's the best guide,to setting up your own Amazing Race,in your own city?  (Read 6732 times)

Offline KL70

• RFF Newbie
Sorry if this has been previously discussed, but can anyone please give what you reckon are the
best links on the net (if there are any) and/or even if there's any book/s on the topic you can buy,
about how one can set up their own Amazing Race, amongst a large group of friends in your
own city, in terms of creatively witty things and challenges to do.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Welcome KL70!

One of our members does an annual family race, here is her 2011 one, thought you might like to see!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26634.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Welcome to RFF KL70! I organised a race in northern europe for 10 of my friends a couple of years ago and am doing another in eastern europe this summer! I uploaded my diary to a blog, but not sure im allowed to post that or not.. If not, i'll write up a little summary when I get home :)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Welcome to RFF KL70! I organised a race in northern europe for 10 of my friends a couple of years ago and am doing another in eastern europe this summer! I uploaded my diary to a blog, but not sure im allowed to post that or not.. If not, i'll write up a little summary when I get home :)

It would be AMAZING to join some RFF users and get a race done by ourselves...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Feel free Dom! We would love to see it!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Thanks peach! You can read all about it at thebaserace.blogspot.com!

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Thanks peach! You can read all about it at thebaserace.blogspot.com!

Read it. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! <3333333333

addie

<33333333

Most of it being in Holland <3333333

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Thanks guys :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Ooooh!! WHat fun!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline KL70

• RFF Newbie
It doesn't look like there's any sort of helpful guide, website wise, computer game wise
and/or book wise, to setting up your own creative Amazing Race, as reading a blog
with fairly vague info, doesn't really work for me.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Maybe you could use some creativity?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
It doesn't look like there's any sort of helpful guide, website wise, computer game wise
and/or book wise, to setting up your own creative Amazing Race, as reading a blog

I doubt you will find anything that all inclusive.  Planning something like this takes a lot of imagination, plus an understanding of what is in the area that can be incorporated into the tasks.  For example, there is a farm near me that hosts a corn field maze annually, which could easily be incorporated into a local race here, but would not work out in other areas.  This isn't like a birthday party where you need to make 3 or 4 decisions, you have to do a lot of research in your area, talk to people and or businesses that you'd like to use, book areas for particluar dates/times, etc.  I'd also say you'd need a good sized group in order to pull it off, since it wouls be easier to have 1 or 2 assigned to each task to build/plan/monitor/etc.  If I were to do something like this, I'd probably spend a minimum of 2-3 months planning the 'route', making phone calls, etc.  Dont't expect to be able to just throw something like this together in a week or so.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Just google amazing race parties if you want packaged stuff. Plenty of this kind of thing out there, as well as stuff you can buy.

http://www.queen-of-theme-party-games.com/amazing-race-party-ideas.html#axzz1vnEqgKbJ
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster

You can watch THE ALMOST AMAZING RACE for more info...
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard