Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Author Topic: What's the best guide,to setting up your own Amazing Race,in your own city?  (Read 1905 times)

Offline KL70

• RFF Newbie
Sorry if this has been previously discussed, but can anyone please give what you reckon are the
best links on the net (if there are any) and/or even if there's any book/s on the topic you can buy,
about how one can set up their own Amazing Race, amongst a large group of friends in your
own city, in terms of creatively witty things and challenges to do.

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Welcome KL70!

One of our members does an annual family race, here is her 2011 one, thought you might like to see!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26634.0.html
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Welcome to RFF KL70! I organised a race in northern europe for 10 of my friends a couple of years ago and am doing another in eastern europe this summer! I uploaded my diary to a blog, but not sure im allowed to post that or not.. If not, i'll write up a little summary when I get home :)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Tim & Te Jay. All-Time Pre-Faves
Welcome to RFF KL70! I organised a race in northern europe for 10 of my friends a couple of years ago and am doing another in eastern europe this summer! I uploaded my diary to a blog, but not sure im allowed to post that or not.. If not, i'll write up a little summary when I get home :)

It would be AMAZING to join some RFF users and get a race done by ourselves...
Sam's AR10: Sarah & Shaleen F04 Leg 10 (2,310 CNY)
TAR Greece: Ivi&Eleftheria  F15 Leg 02 (418 Left)
RS Armenia:   David Zhang   F15 IC6
TAR 25:       Tim & TeJay   Pre-Season Faves <3333

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Feel free Dom! We would love to see it!
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Thanks peach! You can read all about it at thebaserace.blogspot.com!

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Tim & Te Jay. All-Time Pre-Faves
Thanks peach! You can read all about it at thebaserace.blogspot.com!

Read it. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! <3333333333
Sam's AR10: Sarah & Shaleen F04 Leg 10 (2,310 CNY)
TAR Greece: Ivi&Eleftheria  F15 Leg 02 (418 Left)
RS Armenia:   David Zhang   F15 IC6
TAR 25:       Tim & TeJay   Pre-Season Faves <3333

addie

<33333333

Most of it being in Holland <3333333

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Thanks guys :)

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Ooooh!! WHat fun!

Offline KL70

• RFF Newbie
It doesn't look like there's any sort of helpful guide, website wise, computer game wise
and/or book wise, to setting up your own creative Amazing Race, as reading a blog
with fairly vague info, doesn't really work for me.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Maybe you could use some creativity?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
It doesn't look like there's any sort of helpful guide, website wise, computer game wise
and/or book wise, to setting up your own creative Amazing Race, as reading a blog

I doubt you will find anything that all inclusive.  Planning something like this takes a lot of imagination, plus an understanding of what is in the area that can be incorporated into the tasks.  For example, there is a farm near me that hosts a corn field maze annually, which could easily be incorporated into a local race here, but would not work out in other areas.  This isn't like a birthday party where you need to make 3 or 4 decisions, you have to do a lot of research in your area, talk to people and or businesses that you'd like to use, book areas for particluar dates/times, etc.  I'd also say you'd need a good sized group in order to pull it off, since it wouls be easier to have 1 or 2 assigned to each task to build/plan/monitor/etc.  If I were to do something like this, I'd probably spend a minimum of 2-3 months planning the 'route', making phone calls, etc.  Dont't expect to be able to just throw something like this together in a week or so.

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Just google amazing race parties if you want packaged stuff. Plenty of this kind of thing out there, as well as stuff you can buy.

http://www.queen-of-theme-party-games.com/amazing-race-party-ideas.html#axzz1vnEqgKbJ

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Golden Ball.

You can watch THE ALMOST AMAZING RACE for more info...
"I don't drink. But when i do , i become another person. And that one , drinks a lot."

Custom Search