Author Topic: TAR VietNam--SHOW Discussion threads!  (Read 66038 times)

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR VietNam--SHOW Discussion threads!
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 11:17:42 AM »
OMG! I saw the result and I was shocked! This episode made a history! anyway I'm hoping for the recap soon and hopefully I can see links soon.

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 08:38:37 PM »
OMG! I saw the result and I was shocked! This episode made a history!

Yes it was a shocker indeed & a TAR historical event!

Grant Bowler of TAR Au said that you need 3 things to be successful in TAR:-

1. Get Fit
2. Think, think, think!
3. Teamwork

Now this "historical" team didn't do No. 2... What a waste!  (:;)

The editing/camera work is not as good as TAR US as the camera man/assistant can be seen in the taxi & at the eating challenge. The only camera man I saw in the TAR US eps was just a shadow - that's how good they are!  :tup:

I liked the way the racers greet each other, and saying "TQ" to the boat women. Maybe it's the Asian value. Way to go, racers!  :yess:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 08:44:24 PM by zeeyyy »

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2012, 02:27:51 AM »
Ep 3 Recap - One false step leads to another
Starting time:
#1: Cousins 6:21
#2: Actor 6:22
#3: Married couple 6:24
#4: Pro travelers 6:26
#5: Young girls (best friends) 6:28
#6: Châus 7:15
#7: Brothers 7:45
#8: Athletic couple 7:57
#9: Co-workers 9:08
#10: RiMi: 9:09

Route Info: Travel to Mount Ky Lan at Ninh Binh province. Here find the next clue in the marked area. You have 680,000 VND for this leg of the race. They didn't show how teams traveled to Ninh Binh, probably by taxis. They had to climb to the ... (don't know the word in English :duno:) on top of the mountain as in the picture to pick up their next clue.

Teams found their next clue in the following order:
#1: Actor (+1)
#2: Cousins (-1)
#3: Married couple (=)
#4: Pro travelers (=)
#5: Young girls (=)
#6: Châus (=)
#7: Brothers (=)
#8: Athletic couple (=)
#9: Co-workers (=)
#10: RiMi (=)

Detour: Eat of Play
In eat, teams make their way to a restaurant and eat 40 plates of cơm cháy (crispy rice?). They were excited about this detour (some hadn't eaten yet) but shocked when they saw what they had to eat. Actors, pro travelers, RiMi changed detour immediately (Richie thought it was cơm chay - vegetarian food). Brothers and athletic couple left halfway. Only cousins and young girls stayed. BIG MISTAKE (:;)

In play, teams make their way to a goat farm and play bịt mắt bắt dê (translation: blindfolded catch goat, blind man's buff in English) literally. One team member is blindfolded with a colored silk, directed by their teammate, have to catch a goat with the exact color and bring it to cage to receive the next clue. Teams had to work together to complete the task. Married couple, Châus, Co-workers This is by far the funniest detour in the race, especially when Richie grabbed others people :lol3:

Teams finished the detour in the following order:
#1: Actors (=)
#2: Married couple (+1)
#3: Pro travelers (+1)
#4: Châus (+2)
#5: RiMi (+5)
#6: Co-workers (+3)
#9: Cousins (-7) (when it was dark)
#10: Young girls (-5)

Route Info: Find the old dock at Trang An Ecotourism, pick a boat and paddle to Tropical Almond Dock to pick up your next clue. You must put on the life vest.
#2: Married couple (=)
#3: Pro travelers (=)
#4: Châus (=)
#5: RiMi (=)
#6: Co-workers (=)
#9: Cousins (=)
#10: Young girls (=)

Roadblock: Who wants to test their patience?
One team member must climb the steps to the top of the mountain, where a young monk will tell them the task. The task was count the steps (trolling? :lol3:). There were 214 steps to count, someone spoke to the speaker to distract the teams. Baggio, Trâm, Long, Châu M., Mimi, Bình, Chung, Hoàng, Anh & Thủy performed this roadblock. Finish order:
#5: RiMi (=)
#6: Co-workers (=)
#10: Young girls (=) (used Express Pass)

Route Info: Go back to the old dock and take a taxi to the next pit stop, Thai Vi Temple. On the way back the docker will paddle for you. Follow the safety rules. The last team to check in may be eliminated.
Placing:
#1: Actors (=) (CURSED)
#5: Brothers (+2)
#6: Athletic couple (+2)
#7: Co-workers (-2)
#8: RiMi (-3) (came in 5th but received a 30-minute penalty because Mimi took off her life vest when they were still on the boat)
#10: Young girls (=) (Eliminated) :groan:
Well, like they say in Vietnam: Never Give Up = NGU  :'(

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2012, 03:47:57 AM »
#10: Young girls (=) (used Express Pass)

Why didn't they used the express pass at the eat or play challenge?  :duno: :duno: :duno:

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2012, 08:41:36 AM »
Why didn't they used the express pass at the eat or play challenge?  :duno: :duno: :duno:
Well, it was some kind of agreement between the cousins and the girls. They said they wouldn't use the express pass at the detour :duno:

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2012, 10:22:04 AM »
Well, it was some kind of agreement between the cousins and the girls. They said they wouldn't use the express pass at the detour :duno:

What a ridiculous agreement - no usage at detour but can be used at a roadblock?

If they are in trouble, as they were at the eating challenge, they should just used the pass to skip it. Well they violated Grant's 2nd advice...  :lol:

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2012, 11:30:14 AM »
What a ridiculous agreement - no usage at detour but can be used at a roadblock?

If they are in trouble, as they were at the eating challenge, they should just used the pass to skip it. Well they violated Grant's 2nd advice...  :lol:
They used it at the roadblock cuz they knew they were in last already. If they'd use it at the detour, one possibly strong team would've been eliminated. It reminded me of TAR20's second ff. I'll have a look at this ep again.

New section on Tuoi Tre News, Richie ♥ Vietnam. LOL he's popular now. http://tuoitrenews.vn/cmlink/tuoitrenews/lifestyle/richie-vn/
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 02:18:32 AM by anhgau2007 »

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2012, 07:12:14 PM »
They used it at the roadblock cuz they knew they were in last already. If they'd use it at the detour, one possibly strong team would've been eliminated.

That "possibly strong team" would've been the cousins! Well common sense tells me that if a detour is not going well, racers must then try the other challenge, which was the case in TAR 17 Leg 6 where the detour was between Classical Music and Classic Cinema. There were a few teams going from one detour to another and back again.

The other thing is a detour shouldn't take that long - from 6.21am till what - 6.21pm? If actors, pro travelers & RiMi changed detour immediately, & didn't return to the eating detour, then common sense, again, says that the other task's easier (Now I know what Grant's "Think, think, think" advice meant!  :) )

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2012, 11:38:39 PM »
i still dont understand why it took them so long to eat the com chay, can someone explain it to me!!

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2012, 03:24:18 AM »
Watched the episode again. There was no agreement between 2 teams, they just didn't want to give up. Pretty silly, huh?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2012, 05:18:16 PM »
Craziest elimination so far  :crazy:

A team wins the freacking express pass and is eliminated in Leg3?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012, 07:27:51 AM »
The cousins spent almost 5 hours eating the cơm cháy :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo_A_XhuPEY&feature=youtu.be

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2012, 09:56:17 AM »
The cousins spent almost 5 hours eating the cơm cháy :o

If they opted to take the penalty, how long would that be?

4 hours, as per TAR07 when Rob, Meredith and Deana were unable to complete the roadblock task at leg 3 & their teams were all issued 4-hour penalties at the Roadblock site.

What a waste of time!  (:;)

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2012, 10:14:58 AM »
If they opted to take the penalty, how long would that be?

4 hours, as per TAR07 when Rob, Meredith and Deana were unable to complete the roadblock task at leg 3 & their teams were all issued 4-hour penalties at the Roadblock site.

What a waste of time!  (:;)
Yes, pretty dump to stick with that detour.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2012, 11:09:14 AM »
Actually a Roadblock penalty is 4 hours , but a detour penalty is 6.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline roninmedia

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2012, 12:32:50 PM »
Those 40 plates of com cháy that each team had to eat was ridiculous. I can't eat that in a manageable time and I've had that much of it at once. for me to eat. I am Vietnamese so that can explain why I've had that much available to me.   :wohoo:

The 4 lbs of meat in Argentina, I can do. If I remember right, Uchenna, Rob, some female teams, and Alex all did it. I've been to steakhouses where they had steaks bigger than 4 lbs.

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2012, 02:39:30 PM »
Those 40 plates of com cháy that each team had to eat was ridiculous. I can't eat that in a manageable time and I've had that much of it at once. for me to eat. I am Vietnamese so that can explain why I've had that much available to me.   :wohoo:

The 4 lbs of meat in Argentina, I can do. If I remember right, Uchenna, Rob, some female teams, and Alex all did it. I've been to steakhouses where they had steaks bigger than 4 lbs.
Yes. Unlike meat, cơm cháy is rice, and it's very dry so teams had to eat it with Sting :lol: Rice + lots of water makes you full easily.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2012, 06:40:02 PM »
So is that stuff actually good?

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2012, 07:24:41 PM »
Actually a Roadblock penalty is 4 hours , but a detour penalty is 6.

TQ Declive. Yes, it's 6 hours ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race#Detour ), my mistake.  :-[ 

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2012, 09:47:06 AM »

Still a very dumb move.. why stay for 5 hours? And not to use express pass or even switch detour. they are physically fit but they are dumb.. sorry for the word.

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2012, 01:47:25 AM »
Still a very dumb move.. why stay for 5 hours? And not to use express pass or even switch detour. they are physically fit but they are dumb.. sorry for the word.

Yes, can't think of another word/s unless it's dumb and dumber???  (:;)

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2012, 09:16:20 AM »
Was looking for ep. 4 and stumbled upon Richie's "Muddy Goat Hot Pot" here = http://www.tuoitrenews.vn/cmlink/tuoitrenews/lifestyle/the-amazing-race-ep-3-muddy-goat-hot-pot-1.75208   :) :)

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2012, 01:45:08 PM »
:hrt: the transportation of bikes in episode 4, favorite episode so far  :tup:

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2012, 10:45:01 PM »
The 50km bike ride was a tiring one indeed!  :iok

Question - why was RiMi penalised with all their money taken away at the start? they didn't finished last at the last leg.  :duno:

I liked the joker of the Athletic couple kissing one python & "man"-handling another... it's such a stress reliever in this stressful race...  :tup:  :keeta:

& it's sad that the last team, a fav of mine, got eliminated!  :'( :'(

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2012, 11:10:27 AM »
Sorry guys, been busy all day. Here's
Ep 4 Recap
Teams continued to race in Ninh Binh on this leg of the race.
#1: Actors 7:42am
#2: Married couple 8:34am
#3: Pro travelers 8:49am
#4: Châus 9:49am
#5: Brothers 10:32am
#6: Athletic couple 10:38am
#7: Co-workers (not shown)
#8: RiMi 11:17am
#9: Cousins 12:00pm

Route Info: Travel by taxi to Bai Dinh Temple. Within the entrance area, find a photographer to receive your next clue. You have 100.000 VND for this leg of the race. Actors couldn't find the photographer at first so they told the married couple and to find in another entrance. Both teams climbed a mountain for a long time and found themselves terribly lost. Because RiMi weren't come in first last leg, they were told to hand over all their money as a penalty for coming last on a non-elimination leg. They had to massage for some money. All teams wanted RiMi to continue racing, so they gave some money to the cousins, and cousins gave it to RiMi. How nice :luvya:

Teams found the photographer in the following order:
#1: Pro travelers (+2)
#2: Actor (-1)
#3: Châus (+1)
#4: Married couple (-2)
#5: Brothers (=)
#6: Athletic couple (=)
#7: Co-workers (=)
#8: Cousins (+1)
#9: RiMi (-1)

Route Info: Within Tam Quan Gate area, find and travel by bike to Cave Of Prehistoric Man, Cuc Phuong National Park and search for your next clue. The trip was approximately 57 km (35.4 miles) in length :o Tension raised while some teams had trouble and felt tired on the long-distance cycling. Even Mỹ Trâm of the married couple wanted to quit. Teams reached the clue box in the following order:
#1: Châus (+2)
#2: Actors (=)
#3: Pro travelers (-2)
#4: Married couple (=)
#6: Athletic couple (=)
#7: Cousins (+1)
#8: Co-worker (-1)
#9: RiMi (=)

Detour: Thick Jungle or Thin Jungle
In Thick Jungle, teams had to cycle to A Central Area and find their clue hidden among leaves, branches and vines.
In Thin Jungle, one leg of each team members would be tied together. They had to crawl through a rope system without ringing any bells hanging on these strings. Only Châus and co-workers chose this detour. Actors first chose thick jungle then switch cuz they couldn't find anytihng.

Teams completed the detour in the following order:
#1: Châus (=)
#2: Pro travelers (+1)
#3: Brothers (+2)
#4: Athletic couple (+2)
#5: Cousins (+2)
#6: Married couple (-2)
#7: Actors (-5)
#8: Co-workers (=)

Roadblock: Who loves animals?
In this roadblock, one team member had to crawl into a snake cage and retrieve a clue put under a python. The python was harmless but they had to be brave enough to pick up the clue inside the box. Minh Hoàng & Richie even kissed the python :lol:

Teams completed the roadblock in the following order:
#2: Cousins (+3)
#3: Brothers (=)
#4: Married couple (+2)
#5: Athletic couple (-1)
#6: Pro travelers (-4)
#7: Actors (=)

Route Info: Travel on foot to the pit stop, resting stilt house at B Central Area. The last team to check in may be eliminated.

Placing:
#2: Pro travelers (+4)
#3: Actors (+4)
#4: Married couple (=)
#6: Athletic couple (-1(
#7: Cousins (-5)
#9: RiMi (=) (Eliminated)
It's kinda sad to see them go. At least they're not boring like some dating couples :(

« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 12:46:37 AM by anhgau2007 »