Author Topic: TAR VietNam--SHOW Discussion threads!  (Read 66041 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR VietNam--SHOW Discussion threads!
« on: May 17, 2012, 08:38:08 PM »
if needed!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR VietNam--SHOW Discussion threads!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 08:13:57 AM »
It's on :D

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 08:48:23 AM »
1 team still struggle to find the first clue. Next Misa & Maiya?

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 11:35:28 PM »
I watched this and am a little lost. Could someone explain the detour?

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 11:43:51 PM »
Kinda short - a roadblock, a detour & a pitstop...  :duno:

Maybe NOT travelling overseas made it look short...

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 10:25:08 AM »
Ep 1 Recap
Here are the teams again: http://amazingrace.wikia.com/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_Vietnam:_Cu%E1%BB%99c_%C4%90ua_K%E1%BB%B3_Th%C3%BA_2012_Teams
I'm gonna call them like this:
Tuấn Anh & Xuân Sơn: the cousins
Minh Châu & Trần Châu: the Châus
Richie & Mimi: the V-A couple
Baggio & Thanh Phúc: the actors
Thanh Thủy & Minh Thoa: the best friends
Chí Bình & Hồng Long: the professional travelers
Thanh Tuấn & Mỹ Trâm: the married couple
Phương Thảo & Minh Hoàng: the athletic couple
Gia Bình & Bảo Châu: the co-workers
Thành Trung & Thanh Bằng: the brothers

Starting Line: My Dinh National Stadium

Starting Line Task: Teams had to search for their first clues, hidden under 10000 seats on B stand of the stadium. The co-workers & the brothers struggled to find the clues. The brothers was the last team to find the clue, about 30 minutes after the co-workers.

Roadblock: Who wants to conquer the height?

In this Roadblock, one team member had to climb to the roof of the stadium and abseil  down to receive their next clues. Tuấn Anh, Minh Châu, Richie, Thành Phúc, Thanh Thủy, Hồng Long, Mỹ Trâm, Minh Hoàng, Gia Bình and Thành Trung performed this Roadblock.

Route Info: Take a taxi or bus to Thanh Niên Street and search for your next clue. You have 500,000 VND for this leg of the race.
All teams took taxies to Thanh Niên Street and found the clue box placed on a lake shore.

Detour: Crowded Street or Beautiful Words

In Crowded Street, teams had to travel to Đồng Xuân Market, pick up a list of goods including 2 reed mats, 2 masks, 1 pipe and 1 feather duster, then find 3 marked shops located in Hàng Mã Street, Hàng Chiếu Street and Hàng Vải Street to collect the goods listed. After that, they had to carry them back to Đồng Xuân Market to receive their next clues. The best friends, the professional travelers, the married couple, the V-A couple and the brothers chose this detour. The V-A couple was lost because Mimi didn't know anything about Hanoian streets. She thought Hàng Vải was a clothes shop, so they searched in Đồng Xuân Market instead (In Hanoi Old Quarter, a street name is the thing that street sells). It was also shown that Mimi was the weakest person in the race.

In Beautiful Words, teams had to travel to Temple of Literature, the very first university of Vietnam, build 942 years ago. Here, one member had to listen to a four-sentence poem for only 1 time, then tell their partner to write it down and bring it to an old calligraphist to check. If it's correct, they would receive their next clues. If not, they had to wait for one incense to burn out (about 15 minutes?), then they'd be able to listen again. The cousins, the Châus, the actors, the athletic couple, the co-workers chose this detour. The co-workers wasted so much time doing this Detour.

Route Info: Travel by taxi or bus to the pit stop, National Museum of Vietnamese History. The last team to check in may be eliminated.

Placing:
#1: The best friends - won the Express Pass (thẻ ưu tiên) :o
#2: The professional travelers
#3: The married couple
#4: The cousins
#5: The Châus
#6: The actors
#7: The athletic couple
#8: The V-A couple
#9: The brothers
#10: The co-workers (saved by NEL, marked for elimination)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:02:28 AM by anhgau2007 »

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 11:13:33 AM »

(In Hanoi, a street name is the thing that street sells.) It was also shown that Mimi was the weakest person in the race.

Yes, what a cry baby (shades of rachel of brachel???) - just a fall can caused such cry-babiness (if there's such a word!).

And yes, her partner got to carry her to the pitstop - either she bucks up OR out they'll go in the next round!  )-**

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 07:52:29 AM »
I don't believe anyone will have any difficulty finding a way to watch, but if you do, please let me know.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 07:42:07 PM »
I don't believe anyone will have any difficulty finding a way to watch, but if you do, please let me know.
Do you have links for TARVietnam thanks   :luvya:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 11:36:03 PM »
Richie & Mimi are amazing, jus' sayin' <333 Mimi being a total spaz at the mat is my favorite part <3
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 08:32:46 AM »
Do you have links for TARVietnam thanks   :luvya:

done
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 01:21:52 PM »
Richie posted in sucks! :ascared
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 01:24:45 PM »
Mimi <3

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 09:31:12 PM »

You left out that he posted a link to a news story he wrote about how the first leg unfolded for Richie and Mimi. It's in English and it's really interesting stuff!

http://www.tuoitrenews.vn/cmlink/tuoitrenews/lifestyle/the-amazing-race-vietnam-episode-1-super-s-1.73473

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 09:59:59 PM »

You left out that he posted a link to a news story he wrote about how the first leg unfolded for Richie and Mimi. It's in English and it's really interesting stuff!

http://www.tuoitrenews.vn/cmlink/tuoitrenews/lifestyle/the-amazing-race-vietnam-episode-1-super-s-1.73473

TQ for the link. I'm surprised that Richie, after watching all TAR eps, didn't realise that it is indeed a tough race!

And not drinking enough water in such a hot place as Vietnam? Really, no sweat?

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2012, 09:51:55 AM »
Ep 2 Recap

Teams left the pit start in the following order:
#1: The best friends - 5:55
#2: The professional travelers - 5:57
#3: The married couple - 5:59
#4: The cousins -  6:15
#5: The Châus - 6:25
#6: The actors - 6:30
#7: The athletic couple - 7:00
#8: The V-A couple (BB Rachel Wannabe & Boyfriend) - 7:17
#9: The brothers - 7:18
#10: The co-workers - 7:28

Route Info: Go to My Dinh Bus Station, find marked buses and go to Kim Boi, Hoa Binh City. When you arrive, find Dong Thech Ancient Cemetery for your next clue.

There were 3 marked buses:
Bus #1 carried the best friends, the professional travelers & the married couple.
Bus #2 carried the cousins, the actors & the Châus. As teams on #1 bus arrived at the cemetery, this bus arrived at Hoa Binh.
Bus #3 carried the other 4 teams. Here, other teams blew air pillows for the co-workers to earn some money :lol3:

At Hoa Binh, all teams took taxis to Dong Thech Ancient Cemetery, except the best friends who took scooter taxis. Teams arrived at the cemetery in the following order:
#1: Professional travelers
#2: Best Friends
#3: Married couple
#4: Cousins
#5: Châus
#6: Actors
#7: Athletic couple
#8: Brothers
#9: Co-workers
#10: V-A couple

Roadblock: Who has eyes for details?
In this roadblock, one team member had to search the ground of the cemetery for 4 numbers: 8, 5, 1, 2. Then use these numbers to open a 4-number combination lock which locked a box contained their next clue. Long, Trâm, Thoa, Sơn, Châu T., Phúc, Thảo, Bằng, Châu B. & Mimi performed this roadblock. They quickly found the numbers, but spent a lot of time to unlock. Teams completed the roadblock in the following order:
#1: Best Friends
#2: Actors
#4: Pro travelers
#5: Cousins
#6: Brothers
#7: Athletic couple
#8: Co-workers
#9: Châus

Route Info: Travel to Hoa Binh Hydroelectric Dam, carry a bucket and obtain water from Da River. When teams had filled up 10 liters (338.14 oz) of water, they would receive their next clues. The task sounded simple but carrying the water up the dam was hard for some teams.

Detour: Farm Play or Farm Work
Both detour required team to travel to Giang Mo Village. In farm play, teams had to walk in stilts on a marked road to receive the next clue. Married couple, athletic couple & brothers chose this detour. In farm work, each team member had to plough, fertilize and plant one furrow of sugarcane to receive the next clue. Teams completed the detour in the following order:
#1: Actors
#2: Cousins
#3: Best Friends
#5: Married couple
#6: Châus
#7: Brothers
#8: Athletic couple
#9: Co-workers

Route Info: Travel on foot to the pit stop at the end of the village. The last team to check in may be eliminated. Female villagers, who stood behind Dustin at the pit stop, played gongs to greet the teams.
Placing:
#1: Cousins
#2: Actors
#5: Best friends (came in 3rd but was penalized a 15-minute penalty for taking scooter taxis)
#6: Châus
#7: Brothers
#8: Athletic couple
#9: Co-workers (30-minute for not coming in first, still 9th)
#10: Richie & Mimi (saved by another NEL, no money for leg 4 if not come first in leg 3) (I'd rather choose no money for 1 leg than being cursed)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 03:09:38 AM by anhgau2007 »

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 06:42:08 AM »
Ep 2 Recap

Dong Thech Ancient Cemetery

From [Link removed by request of webmaster ~Rob] :-
"There are many ghost stories about the ancient cemetery, which prevent locals from visiting the site."

Since TAR contestants are NOT locals, it's all right then...  Wonder if they'll have nightmares...

Route Info: Travel to Hoa Binh Hydroelectric Dam, carry a bucket and obtain water from Da River. When teams had filled up 10 liters (338.14 oz) of water, they would receive their next clues. The task sounded simple but carrying the water up the dam was hard for some teams.

I think it was hard for ALL teams but Richie & Mimi used the stairs all the way to the top unlike the leading teams who climbed up the slope.

Detour: Farm Play or Farm Work

In farm work, each team member had to plough, fertilize and plant one furrow of sugarcane to receive the next clue.

I like the male of Athletic couple - even though I didn't understand his jokes, his actions were good enough to make me laugh. Way to go bro!  )-**

Route Info: Travel on foot to the pit stop at the end of the village. The last team to check in may be eliminated.

Why is it so hard to eliminate a team in the 1st & 2nd leg? Looks like V-A couple's going home soon...

anhgau2007, thanks a lot for the guide - it a real help in understanding this episode.  :tup:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 12:54:33 PM by Rob »

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 03:04:32 AM »
Well, I think it's the first time Vietnam have a show like this, so they want the contestants to experience how tough the race is. Since the cast is pretty good (except Mimi), I think people will sad to see any team eliminated, they want to know about the teams. Now I want Richie & Mimi eliminated and Richie go back to the states, find someone else with him and go for TAR. He's a good guy :tup:
http://youtu.be/kIY7NE714yM
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:22:22 AM by anhgau2007 »

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 09:56:11 AM »
...Richie go back to the states, find someone else with him and go for TAR. He's a good guy :tup:
http://youtu.be/kIY7NE714yM

It'll be nice to get all the winners of TAR, TARA, Norge, Vietnam, Brazil, Israel, etc in an international edition to see who's the best...  :conf:

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 12:36:49 PM »
It'll be nice to get all the winners of TAR, TARA, Norge, Vietnam, Brazil, Israel, etc in an international edition to see who's the best...  :conf:
An international all-star edition? Sounds great. I'd love to see that XD

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 09:42:47 PM »
An international all-star edition? Sounds great. I'd love to see that XD

Maybe we should email the TAR producers about this idea...  )-**

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 05:07:29 AM »
Anyway, here's the piece Richie wrote for Tuoi Tre News about ep 2 of TARV. The title means Fun with **** :lol: :lol:
http://tuoitrenews.vn/cmlink/tuoitrenews/lifestyle/the-amazing-race-ep-2-fun-with-phan-1.74366

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 06:50:29 AM »
Anyway, here's the piece Richie wrote for Tuoi Tre News about ep 2 of TARV. The title means Fun with **** :lol: :lol:
http://tuoitrenews.vn/cmlink/tuoitrenews/lifestyle/the-amazing-race-ep-2-fun-with-phan-1.74366
phân is manure :groan:

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 08:34:13 AM »
phân is manure :groan:
Actually, Phân bón is manure, phân is just ****. In that case they can understand that phân is manure.

Offline anhgau2007

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 09:14:17 AM »
What a crazy leg, recap coming soon :groan: