Author Topic: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 146935 times)

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1125 on: November 03, 2012, 07:29:25 PM »
Yes, the title is in Media already, but thx!

I was thinking water polo, what water polo?? :lol:

We have synchronized swimming in what we believe to be Moscow though...

LMAO! I think the hat James or Abba was wearing made me believe it was water polo.
Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline gigglypiggies

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1126 on: November 04, 2012, 08:42:47 PM »
The switchback couldn't be the lock roadblock from S6, could it? Idk if anyone saw the same thing in the preview...or even if I saw anything in the preview...but it looked a lot like it. But Phil said that it was in the Netherlands and had hilarious results...so it couldn't be. Unless there are 2 switchbacks this season?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cookies with licorice, can't get better than this!
« Reply #1127 on: November 06, 2012, 06:52:41 PM »
The switchback couldn't be the lock roadblock from S6, could it? Idk if anyone saw the same thing in the preview...or even if I saw anything in the preview...but it looked a lot like it. But Phil said that it was in the Netherlands and had hilarious results...so it couldn't be. Unless there are 2 switchbacks this season?

It could be just an additional task, it doesn't look much challenging as the one in China. He never mentioned the ping pong Roadblock in Shanghai this season as a technical switchback too so otherwise, Phil would have given a vague announcement of two Switchbacks.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom... FULFILLED <3
----------------------------------------------------
TAR QUOTE OF THE MONTH October 2014
"I need a doctoro." ~Charla (of Charla & Mirna; season 5, leg 2)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1128 on: November 06, 2012, 06:56:24 PM »
A switchback is the same task in the same location I believe. And the switchback press says IN THE NETHERLANDS so that is what we have to work with.
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1129 on: November 06, 2012, 07:01:14 PM »
As for the Netherlands or Holland switchback, it's probably the season 12 ditch pole vault because it ended with Nicolas removing all his clothes instead of his underwear and that silly Nicolas & Don and Marianna & Julia reaction. :lol3: I can imagine the remaining teams each attempting the "jump". I am pretty disappointed it might not be the season 15 Detour though since Maria & Tiffany struggled for over 3 hours trying to complete either correctly and I want to see what the other teams feel to be them (Maria & Tiffany).

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1130 on: November 06, 2012, 07:06:01 PM »
A switchback is the same task in the same location I believe. And the switchback press says IN THE NETHERLANDS so that is what we have to work with.

Partially correct. Season 20's head shave Fast Forward was at a temple while season 7's was near Lake Kaylana, but other than that, everything else is a fact.

I just realized no one chose the head shave FF in season 2 in Thailand which led to it being in the seventh installment. :stare:

Offline Genius

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1131 on: November 07, 2012, 10:20:57 AM »
For the Netherlands switchback, it would be cool if they strapped some racer to the windmill again (like TAR4), even though this was a FF task.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1132 on: November 07, 2012, 02:35:16 PM »
As for the Netherlands or Holland switchback, it's probably the season 12 ditch pole vault because it ended with Nicolas removing all his clothes instead of his underwear and that silly Nicolas & Don and Marianna & Julia reaction. :lol3: I can imagine the remaining teams each attempting the "jump". I am pretty disappointed it might not be the season 15 Detour though since Maria & Tiffany struggled for over 3 hours trying to complete either correctly and I want to see what the other teams feel to be them (Maria & Tiffany).

Two good reasons why you won't see it in AR21:

1. It was a DETOUR in Groningen.
2. It is 112 miles from Amsterdam to Groningen and 112 miles back. That's 4 hours by train or car. I don't see that as feasible.

I do agree that the tasks of the challenge of "farmer's golf" is probably going to be more inherently interesting than what we will actually see for the Switchback.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 02:57:52 PM by apskip »

addie

« Reply #1133 on: November 07, 2012, 02:37:34 PM »
Just to clarify, it wasn't carnival challenge, and it's not like normal dutch people dance in these random strange way. And we don't wear these types of clothes. And we don't walk on clogs. But we do eat herring. :)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1134 on: November 08, 2012, 08:11:18 PM »

Two good reasons why you won't see it in AR21:

1. It was a DETOUR in Groningen.
2. It is 112 miles from Amsterdam to Groningen and 112 miles back. That's 4 hours by train or car. I don't see that as feasible.

I do agree that the tasks of the challenge of "farmer's golf" is probably going to be more inherently interesting than what we will actually see for the Switchback.

I think the pole vault was pretty cool because I remember Shana missing the other side completely. Another reason is that the farmers' Detour did not "end with hilarious results". More like disappointing than funny. I wonder what Phil's commentary on the switchback will be...

Offline Kandace

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1135 on: November 08, 2012, 08:22:40 PM »
Well Rachel, the haybale rb was tragic, not hilarious, so who knows :)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1136 on: November 08, 2012, 08:42:25 PM »

The haybales is not the real issue right now with this season's Switchback, besides the first switchback was done in Sweden, not the Netherlands. And I think we have our conclusion the pole vault from season 12 will be our star task. :)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1137 on: November 09, 2012, 06:02:28 AM »
The switchback is

Show content
James & Abba lose their passports in Moscow just like Toni & Dallas.

Offline Kandace

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1138 on: November 09, 2012, 06:04:36 AM »

The haybales is not the real issue right now with this season's Switchback, besides the first switchback was done in Sweden, not the Netherlands. And I think we have our conclusion the pole vault from season 12 will be our star task. :)

Ahem I was referring to you calling saying the switchback had to be "hilarious" and the first acknowledged Switchback in Haybale land was not hilarious and actually sad. :(

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #1139 on: November 09, 2012, 06:28:35 AM »
The switchback is

Show content
James & Abba lose their passports in Moscow just like Toni & Dallas.

:lol3: :lol3:

If this is true, then all our discussions over the dutch thingy is just...   :iok

Don't ever put {hashtag} '#amazingrace' if you don't want to be chased by RFF's TAR Detectives 8)

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1140 on: November 09, 2012, 06:41:34 PM »
Episode 8 title

More stealing?!! :duno:. This really makes me think that Leg 7 is TBC leg because I bet the rockers are talking about the cab incident.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1141 on: November 09, 2012, 09:03:48 PM »
Episode 8 title

More stealing?!! :duno:. This really makes me think that Leg 7 is TBC leg because I bet the rockers are talking about the cab incident.
Poor rockers, I bet those twinnies are doing another evil trick against them. :gaah:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1142 on: November 09, 2012, 09:20:03 PM »
This season just keeps getting more interesting as we progress.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #1143 on: November 10, 2012, 02:50:46 AM »
We Was Robbed?  :lol:
TARAS DVD SOON PLEASE!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1144 on: November 10, 2012, 07:51:34 PM »
We Was Robbed?  :lol:

Sounds like Jaymes's country voice in kicking in again.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #1145 on: November 11, 2012, 11:35:34 AM »
I don't think if anyone mentioned it here before, but does any of you think that there may be a final task involving languages?

I see that this season at the pitstop they show the greeters saying Hello and Goodbye in different languages, it seems that the final task may require teams to match these words?  Just pure speculation.

Edited - Just saw people mentioned it already in last few pages.  To me I think this is a very good challenge as the teams probably don't have time to note down the phrase at the time!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1146 on: November 11, 2012, 12:56:11 PM »
Or the benefit of seeing it written out either....
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1147 on: November 11, 2012, 08:21:11 PM »
I don't think if anyone mentioned it here before, but does any of you think that there may be a final task involving languages?

I see that this season at the pitstop they show the greeters saying Hello and Goodbye in different languages, it seems that the final task may require teams to match these words?  Just pure speculation.

Edited - Just saw people mentioned it already in last few pages.  To me I think this is a very good challenge as the teams probably don't have time to note down the phrase at the time!

From what I think, the possible memory task might have teams listen to an audio/cassette tape and decide with greetings/farewells are appropriate for which country, then input which track # fits in which country on a device similar to the one from the season 17 final task.

Offline Kandace

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1148 on: November 12, 2012, 08:20:15 PM »
Okay sorry to intrude. I just was looking around ;D

Can I ask, what is with the spec of Josh/Brent making final 3? I looked and saw no pictures of them in New York City and if I read right their last spotting was in Amsterdam. I know that Jaymes/James and Trey/Lexie were spotted with crews and Natalie/Nadiya, Abbie & Ryan weren't spotted with crews, and Josh & Brent were nowhere to be found..
I mean.. I can understand the educated guesses with James/Abba last seen in Russia and then Nana/AbbieRyan seen without crews/flip flops and do process of elimination but I'm just looking for the "proof/evidence" that had it, lol.
So could anyone explain to me where them being in final 3 came from? Did I miss an image? :lol:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:23:28 PM by Kandace »

Online Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1149 on: November 12, 2012, 08:26:59 PM »
Um, Josh and Brent were not speculated to make the final 3. (I'm looking at Dom El's timeline.) So I think you missed an image.

Custom Search