Author Topic: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 134501 times)

Offline gigglypiggies

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1025 on: October 02, 2012, 07:07:51 PM »
 :) thanks peach! I've been tryin to register for a while, but I wouldn't ever get an email "advising me of the administers decision" so I just kinda assumed I wasn't allowed. so I just have been creepin here since may.  :lol: 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1026 on: October 02, 2012, 07:11:59 PM »
Oh dear, sorry about that!! We are glad to have you creeping or not!
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1027 on: October 02, 2012, 08:12:35 PM »
What I think is not as important as what Phil 's frame of reference is. Even though nothing has changed in my assessment that NONE of the 3 Netherlands ROADBLOCKS are "infamous" Phil's reference this time was to hilarious. Nobody could argue that counting bells is either infamous or hilarious. Counting eels is not infamous and it is not very hilarious. The ditch vault is not infamous in any respect and I do not see it as hilarious, but it could be viewed as hilarious by Phil.

The commercials being aired in Australia to promote the season reveal it - it's the cyclo Road Block from TAR3. Definitely infamous (the wrong address on the clue led to Derek & Drew's elimination, and probably to Flo's win as a result), definitely hilarious. The only issue is this race isn't going to Vietnam. My guess is they'll do it in Bangladesh.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1028 on: October 02, 2012, 08:16:44 PM »
What I think is not as important as what Phil 's frame of reference is. Even though nothing has changed in my assessment that NONE of the 3 Netherlands ROADBLOCKS are "infamous" Phil's reference this time was to hilarious. Nobody could argue that counting bells is either infamous or hilarious. Counting eels is not infamous and it is not very hilarious. The ditch vault is not infamous in any respect and I do not see it as hilarious, but it could be viewed as hilarious by Phil.

The commercials being aired in Australia to promote the season reveal it - it's the cyclo Road Block from TAR3. Definitely infamous (the wrong address on the clue led to Derek & Drew's elimination, and probably to Flo's win as a result), definitely hilarious. The only issue is this race isn't going to Vietnam. My guess is they'll do it in Bangladesh.

Can you cap that? Please our press SPECIFICALLY says the Netherlands.
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1029 on: October 02, 2012, 08:19:37 PM »
Quote from: georgiapeach link=topic=27203.msg805997#msg805997
8-Russia
[/quote

That is not official.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1030 on: October 02, 2012, 08:27:47 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKZncBaovwg&feature=plcp

Right near the end. Maybe there are multiple versions of past tasks (to fit in with "twenty seasons since the original"), and the Dutch one is only one of them? Arguably they could count "play table tennis against a kid champion in China" as one, and that definitely looks much more like Indonesia in the background than anywhere else on the route.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1031 on: October 02, 2012, 08:29:38 PM »

Can you cap that? Please our press SPECIFICALLY says the Netherlands.

Cap 16 of the pre race video maybe? (One of the Chips on a cyclo in the Indonesia Leg)
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"The heart's memory eliminates the bad memories and magnifies the good ones, and thanks to that artifice, we manage to deal with the past." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1032 on: October 02, 2012, 08:31:30 PM »
And do you mean this? Because they are NOT transporting each other, they are both being transported.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1033 on: October 02, 2012, 08:43:39 PM »
Oooh, if it's in the Netherlands I'm leaning towards it being the farmersgolf/dancing Detour, and CBS simply made a mistake calling it a Road Block.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1034 on: October 02, 2012, 08:47:49 PM »
:welcome: to RFF, gigglypiggies!

But there are no missing legs, which means no new countries, sadly, although I would have loved a new African nation!
I am repeating myself, but we already HAVE our 9 countries. Including the US.

1-USA to China
2-Indonesia
3-Indonesia
4-Bangladesh
5-Bangladesh
6-Turkey
7-Russia
8-Russia
9-Netherlands
10-Spain
11-France
12-NYC (USA)
That is not official.

:lol3:

« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:02:44 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1035 on: October 02, 2012, 09:02:06 PM »
He's right. We don't have any spoilers for a second Russian leg. It could be one in Russia and two in the Netherlands.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1036 on: October 02, 2012, 09:04:28 PM »
Y'all should know me better by now. :tup:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #1037 on: October 02, 2012, 09:05:28 PM »
Why isn't anybody think of the haybales roadblock? Or they aren't going to a rural farm area maybe? Dunno..  :duno:
Don't ever put {hashtag} '#amazingrace' if you don't want to be chased by RFF's TAR Detectives 8)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1038 on: October 02, 2012, 09:08:02 PM »
The switchback task might not be a task that was origanalily a roadblock (im thinking either detour option on TAR15 that cost Maria & Tiffany the race)

Based on previous experiences with switchbacks (hay bales on TAR6 & TAR18 and shaving heads on TAR5, TAR9 & TAR20) if there's one, is gonna be one the RB already performed in TAR4, TAR12 or TAR15.

TAR 20 had a Switchback Fast Forward. :)

TAR20 had no Switchback Fast Forwards. It did have an idential Fast Forward task. The head shaving tasks. But Switchback tasks are the same exact task at the same exact location, according to CBS in announcements for TAR15. The ony Switchback so far in TAR is the hay bale Roadblocks in TAR6 and TAR15. This was the same exact task in the same exact location, a field in Sweden. The head shaving FF tasks in TAR5, TAR7 and TAR20 all took place in different locations. TAR5 was in Kolkata and TAR20 was in Kerala.....opposite ends of India.

I have to disagree with you this time, DrRox.  When Phil explained what was the FF (pic below), he used this quote: 

"In this Switchback, teams face one of the most unforgettables Fast Forwards in Amazing Race history."
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"The heart's memory eliminates the bad memories and magnifies the good ones, and thanks to that artifice, we manage to deal with the past." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1039 on: October 02, 2012, 09:10:11 PM »
Why isn't anybody think of the haybales roadblock? Or they aren't going to a rural farm area maybe? Dunno..  :duno:

BECAUSE:

The info comes from the pre-race promos.

What we know:

Vid 1:
9 Countries

25,000 Miles

2 Million $$

Cast Reveal:

This season, which marks the 21st race around the world for the series, will introduce a new twist to the game that will raise the stakes for the entire season. If the Team that wins the first leg of the season can outrace the other 10 Teams and win the final leg of the Race, they will double their money and win a $2 million grand prize instead of $1 million.

Teams will travel through three continents, nine countries and cover more than 25,000 miles, where they’ll be faced with a 10-story rappel in Los Angeles, frying an egg on their heads in Indonesia, working as “rat collectors” in Bangladesh and revisiting one of the Race’s most infamous Roadblocks in the Netherlands in this season’s “Switchback.”

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #1040 on: October 02, 2012, 09:14:37 PM »
Thanks alena and peach.. This is me too lazy to return to the old posts..  :-[
Don't ever put {hashtag} '#amazingrace' if you don't want to be chased by RFF's TAR Detectives 8)

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1041 on: October 02, 2012, 09:38:48 PM »
Right. So. Limiting ourselves to Europe (as opposed to specifically the Netherlands), here's the Road Block list:

S1 - Eiffel Tower, Sewers, SmartCar
S2 - none
S3 - Highland Games, Penalty Kick, Rescue Cable, William Tell, Bicycle Assembly
S4 - Masquerade Ball, Bungy, Le Mans, Eels
S5 - Caviar
S6 - Zipline, Haybales, Soapbox Derby, Reverse Bungy, Soup, Wine Stomp
S7 - Fortress (which took place in the European part of Istanbul), Bus Driving
S8 - none
S9 - Diving, Gnomes, Statue Puzzle, Kayak Polo, Bungy
S10 - Limestone Mine, Tank, Skydive
S11 - Knight
S12 - Highwire Bike, Fierljeppen, Messenger, Brick Wall, Ultralight
S13 - Flour, Statue Count
S14 - Bungy, Paraglide, Gymnastics, Toboggan, Underpants Jog
S15 - Bells, [Haybales], Candelabra, Mandolin, Franz
S16 - Bungy, Abseil
S17 - Trebuchet, Dogsled, Abseil
S18 - Chimney, Liechtenstein, Chocolate
S19 - Renaissance Dancing, Bicycle/Quote, Test Drive
S20 - Abseil, Curling

Take out everything you couldn't replicate in the Netherlands, and that would make absolutely no sense to copy:

S1 - SmartCar
S3 - Penalty Kick, Bicycle Assembly
S4 - Eels
S6 - Haybales
S7 - Bus Driving
S10 - Tank, Skydive
S11 - Knight
S12 - Fierljeppen, Messenger, Ultralight
S13 - Flour
S15 - Bells
S17 - Trebuchet
S19 - Renaissance Dancing, Bicycle/Quote, Test Drive

Now take out anything that couldn't be considered either "infamous" or "hilarious" after its first appearance, even if it was Dutch:

S6 - Haybales
S7 - Bus Driving
S11 - Knight
S17 - Trebuchet

The haybales have been a Switchback before, so we can rule it. Though it's the obvious choice I doubt CBS would risk letting them to the trebuchet task again, so we're down to two. Neither the bus driving nor the knight Road Block are infamous enough to justify being called "infamous", so my only possible conclusion is that either it's not in the Netherlands, OR it's not a Road Block they're copying. Certainly wouldn't be the first time CBS has made mistakes with their publicity.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1042 on: October 02, 2012, 10:08:52 PM »
I have a new thought, one that requires giving up the concept of a Throwback being a ROADBLOCK. After the ditch-vaulting, teams had to travel to the Durgerdam Yacht club. Once there, they had to ride a bakfiets (cargo bicycle) to the next Pit Stop. That looks a little like the cyclos in Vietnam. Maybe that is our Throwback.

I am bit bit tired of the speculation on this. I hope somebody figures it out.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1043 on: October 02, 2012, 10:31:18 PM »
The problem is that the truly hilarious task that took place in the Netherlands wasn't a roadblock, it was a detour. TAR 4's poop pile. We've had tasks recycled from being a detour to a roadblock before in other Races, and we can also assume that given the Fast Forward Switchback last season, TPTB aren't unafraid of relocating tasks for a Switchback.
If we aren't limited in this way, then I would think that would be the task. I suspect though we're going to need more information from the show before we can piece this together. And I agree apskip, it is frustrating.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1044 on: October 02, 2012, 10:42:44 PM »
The problem is that the truly hilarious task that took place in the Netherlands wasn't a roadblock, it was a detour. TAR 4's poop pile. We've had tasks recycled from being a detour to a roadblock before in other Races, and we can also assume that given the Fast Forward Switchback last season, TPTB aren't unafraid of relocating tasks for a Switchback.
If we aren't limited in this way, then I would think that would be the task. I suspect though we're going to need more information from the show before we can piece this together. And I agree apskip, it is frustrating.

The pattern of the previous switchbacks tends to repeat the same tasks.  And about the FF Switchback, they changed the cities every time, you're right, but all of them in the same country, India. 
Anyway, I agree with you and apskip too about how frustrating all this thing is.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1045 on: October 03, 2012, 01:40:45 AM »
It's possible also that they could be recycling the Farmer's Game/Farmer's Dance Detour, and somebody at CBS made a ballsup. It's certainly "infamous", and with farmer's golf, the mallet game, Matt refusing to eat the soused herring, and the Globetrotters in wacky costumes, I can see how Phil would find it "hilarious".

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1046 on: October 03, 2012, 12:19:15 PM »
This is what I found untill now on the Baleares leg:

1.- SIGHTINGS:

Reply #378, June 13
He says he got to get up early but is worthy. Amazing Race filming!... he's from Spain  .. i think it would be ok to keep an eye in Spain just in case, considering it could be a great location to go back to the US.

Edited!

Reply #379, June 13
Translation: Well  early start but worth it. Filming Amazing Race!

Let this be true.

Reply #381, June 13
Could they be on the island of Ibiza, off the coast of Spain?

Taking part in a detour for an "amazing race".. HAHA LOLL

posted 9:53 a.m. Central.

The kid appears to be from Ibiza.

Reply #382, June 13
Could they be on the island of Ibiza, off the coast of Spain?

Or perhaps on the nearby island of Mallorca.

que sepáis que la gente de The Amazing Race han estado grabando esta mañana en Mallorca :-) http://bit.ly/KF6BFp
10:24 AM - 13 Jun 12

you know that the people of The Amazing Race have been shooting this morning in Mallorca

Reply #383, June 13
I found some in twitter, the amazing race shooting in Mallorca, Spain  :luvya:

pues yo pienso ver la S21, hoy están en Mallorca. Mi cuñado ha participado en la grabación de una prueba taurina esta mañana.

translate ::

because I think seeing the S21, are now in Mallorca. My *** has been involved in recording a taurine test this morning.

* i late post few seconds from Dallas :groan:

Reply #390, June 13
@czarinaKTA
Amazing Race project in Baillie's!

-------------------------------

Baillie´s gardens are a company in Majorca!

12:19 CT/US

I guess we should dismiss this one as there are more Baillie's-everything in the States and she doesn't seem to be in Spain.

Reply #393, June 14
K DUFTY P HEYE ‏@BigKeegsHeye

gave directions to contestants on the Amazing Race. #welcometomycity #wishiwaswearingwescrewgear

Tweeter is in Mallorca

Reply #404, June 15
I have a post from one of the members of my TAR fans group in spanish, who was with Phil in Baleares.  He said he has pictures with him.  I'm trying to contact him for more info.

(Specifically, he said he met him in Ibiza.) :yess:

Reply #405, June 15
I have a post from one of the members of my TAR fans group in spanish, who was with Phil in Baleares.  He said he has pictures with him.  I'm trying to contact him for more info.

(Specifically, he said he met him in Ibiza.) :yess:

Ok, here's his quote:

"Por cierto, aún no salgo de mi asombro!!! ME ENCONTRÉ A PHIL GRABANDO TAR 21 EN IBIZA!!!!!!!!!!!"

TRANSLATION:  "By the way, I already can't get over my astonishment! I found Phil recording TAR 21 in Ibiza!"

Reply #410, June 16.
I meant where in Ibiza, lol. Do your best! Great find!

Ok.  He didn't answer me yet, because one of our group rules is not to give spoilers, so I send him a new message with info about Amsterdam leg to let him know that is not that case.
But after some other member requirement, he suggestes it was on Ibiza's beach, and he take photos not only from Phil, but of the teams doing one of the tasks.  He also wrote that WRP almost took his cell phone while doing this.

2.- SPECULATIONS AND SPOILERS:

Reply #651, June 13
Mallorca looks quite real. Bullfighting?

Reply #653, June 13
Mallorca looks quite real. Bullfighting?

Palma has a bullring named Coliseo balear in spanish (Balearic Colliseum)
Here's a pic of it and the location:

Reply #655, June 13
@czarinaKTA
Amazing Race project in Baillie's!

-------------------------------

Baillie´s gardens are a company in Majorca!

12:19 CT/US

I guess we should dismiss this one as there are more Baillie's-everything in the States and she doesn't seem to be in Spain.

There's a "Jonathan Baillie Gardens", but is based not in Mallorca, it's in Menorca, another of the island of the Baleares.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1047 on: October 03, 2012, 12:26:15 PM »
Thank you so much, that is a HUGE help!!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1048 on: October 03, 2012, 12:40:05 PM »
All the info I can see about Jonathan Baillie and "Jonathan Baillie's Gardens", keep pointing me towards Menorca and, specifically, to the Alaoir municipality on that island.  So that makes TAR sightings in 3 different parts of the Baleares archipelago.
So...  :helpme     :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1049 on: October 03, 2012, 01:07:46 PM »
All the info I can see about Jonathan Baillie and "Jonathan Baillie's Gardens", keep pointing me towards Menorca and, specifically, to the Alaoir municipality on that island.  So that makes TAR sightings in 3 different parts of the Baleares archipelago.
So...  :helpme     :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jonathan Baillie is simply a freelance garden designer in Menorca, there are no actual beautiful gardens or anything.

Custom Search