Author Topic: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 134565 times)

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1000 on: September 30, 2012, 05:06:02 PM »
I don't recall anyone from the race revealing that much information in advance. EVER.
 seems odd.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1001 on: September 30, 2012, 05:46:43 PM »
Alanevada,

What I think is not as important as what Phil 's frame of reference is. Even though nothing has changed in my assessment that NONE of the 3 Netherlands ROADBLOCKS are "infamous" Phil's reference this time was to hilarious. Nobody could argue that counting bells is either infamous or hilarious. Counting eels is not infamous and it is not very hilarious. The ditch vault is not infamous in any respect and I do not see it as hilarious, but it could be viewed as hilarious by Phil.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1002 on: September 30, 2012, 08:35:34 PM »
I will say that I hadn't expected the season preview aired at the end of the episode tonight to confirm by the use of a clip that one team makes it to the last few legs, by using a location long time viewers ought to recognize.

Those of you who were paying attention will know exactly what I'm referring to.
-- theschnauzers

Offline BitchBitch

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1003 on: September 30, 2012, 09:00:17 PM »
I will say that I hadn't expected the season preview aired at the end of the episode tonight to confirm by the use of a clip that one team makes it to the last few legs, by using a location long time viewers ought to recognize.

Chippendales!!!!!!!! :<3 :hrt: :hoot:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1004 on: September 30, 2012, 09:11:11 PM »
  O. M. G  :faint:

We KNOW that this is not true! :lol:

Locations start 1:25
Pasadena
China
Indonesia
Bangladesh
New Country in Africa WTH?
New country in Europe WTH?
back to USA

Perhaps Phil had a brain :fart and was thinking Malawi? ???

And last time I looked, Mallorca IS not a country.  :groan:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/e_0_EYGSIfs?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/e_0_EYGSIfs?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

I believe after looking at the trailer with scenes from presumably every leg or at least country in AR21 that Africa may have been included. From Bangladesh perhaps teams did not go directly to Istanbul.

What if they stopped in the Seychelles? What about Grand Baie in Mauritius? It looked a lot like the sailboat scene shown.

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1005 on: September 30, 2012, 09:13:36 PM »
@Apskip he did mention a NEW African country + we have our 9 countries accounted for.
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Airlines

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Tijana Dapcevic - To The Sky
« Reply #1006 on: September 30, 2012, 09:22:03 PM »
I don't get how they are going to get flights out of Bangladesh to Africa. The only way would be a Dhaka - Singapore - Johannesburg - Africa route or a Dhaka - Dubai - Africa route, but both South African Airways and Emirates barely operate those routes at all.
Where do we go now?
To the sky
You and I
Beautiful

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1007 on: September 30, 2012, 09:31:34 PM »
There is NO Africa. We HAVE our 9 countries accounted for.
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1008 on: September 30, 2012, 09:39:51 PM »
Quote from: apskip
It looked a lot like the sailboat scene shown
It's La Palma: compare with the photo here (one image or the other has been flipped, but you get the idea).

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1009 on: September 30, 2012, 10:10:25 PM »
Quote from: apskip
It looked a lot like the sailboat scene shown
It's La Palma: compare with the photo here (one image or the other has been flipped, but you get the idea).

Close, but no.  Your pic is from La Palma, in the Canary Island on the Atlantic Ocean.  TAR21 was in Palma de Mallorca, in the Baleares Islands, on the Mediterranean Sea.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1010 on: September 30, 2012, 10:13:58 PM »
IIRC, Didn't Phil say on the start line that there were 12 legs, 9 countries and 3 continents....I've never heard him mention such at the start line before.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1011 on: September 30, 2012, 10:29:30 PM »
Intro and preview caps can be discussed in those 2 threads now if you would like?
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1012 on: September 30, 2012, 10:55:11 PM »

I was very much surprised by this too tbh.
In fact two teams consecutively could clearly be made out in that location.  :duno:

Wonder why they did that?
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1013 on: September 30, 2012, 11:00:03 PM »
because WE already did. :lol:

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1014 on: October 01, 2012, 12:07:27 AM »
WHat location lol
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1015 on: October 01, 2012, 07:22:10 AM »
I’ll speculate something from this pic

(taken from this post)

I think it will be held in Leg 3 as part of Detour/Active RI. We can see someone sit with a burn coconut on their head, while his friend is holding a frying pan. I think it matches with the one that was mentioned earlier in Season 21’s press release:

..Teams will travel through three continents, nine countries and cover more than 25,000 miles, where they’ll be faced with a 10-story rappel in Los Angeles, frying an egg on their heads in Indonesia

I also found a video about that task. It’s some kind of traditional act/performance that involves mystical thing. But this one is a little bit more extreme because they didn't use coconut to light up the fire. Take a look:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XNbczDTAWSo&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XNbczDTAWSo&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

just my two cents ;D
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1016 on: October 01, 2012, 08:18:17 AM »
really good catch, Prama!!

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1017 on: October 01, 2012, 06:07:37 PM »
Something we didn't notice, is the fact that there's only 1.2 kms distance between the Centraal Station and the Scheepvaart Museum in Amsterdam, and it takes around 20 minutes walking to complete through Prins Hendrikkade.  And the location where teams (Abby & Ryan, Beekmans) were spotted in the red zone is almost at the same distance.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #1018 on: October 01, 2012, 08:39:12 PM »

HEY!

Just notice the yellow-circled picture cropped from the new CBS-Amazing Race banner today..,

if it was meant to be one of the destination where teams are going this season, then it's Prambanan Temple, not very far from Yogyakarta and Borobudur Temple (but it's too far from Surabaya)

I hope it's just a design, not an actual destination...   ;)

Don't ever put {hashtag} '#amazingrace' if you don't want to be chased by RFF's TAR Detectives 8)

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1019 on: October 02, 2012, 09:45:17 AM »
A couple things about the Baleares leg, based on the partial info we have (of course, all spec, free to discuss and/or dismiss):

The intro caps shows the Castell Bellver and the Formentor Lighthouse (caps below).
In the Bellver cap is interesting to notice a construction that looks like a scenario right next to the well.  Despite the fact that Bellver is a place frequently used for artistic purposes, mostly the pics I found didn't show (insert) that scenario built permanently. So is a good spec to think that could be part of one task performed on the leg (RB/Detour  :duno:).  Also, Bellver is twenty minutes only from the Palma Airport, what is consistant with the sightings we had of TAR during that morning on Mallorca (the famous tweet of the crew member).
Talking about tweets, we also have another one of TAR filming on Ibiza, the island at the southwest of Mallorca the same day.  This could make sense if the leg was designed to make the teams travel north-south along the islands; and I said this, because of the Formentero cap.
The lighthouse is in the Formentor peninsula at the north of Mallorca, and for its location it could provide a plausible PitStop because of the difficulty to reach - there's only one way to go - and because it's an iconic place of the Baleares.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 04:03:03 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1020 on: October 02, 2012, 10:48:46 AM »
I like that Alenaveda! Now...how are they going to get there? Scheduled ferry? Charter boats? Should be scenic!

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1021 on: October 02, 2012, 11:58:04 AM »
I like that Alenaveda! Now...how are they going to get there? Scheduled ferry? Charter boats? Should be scenic!

Just as a data, between both places there's a four hours trip, including ferry.

I was talking about Bellver and Formentero; but the route is through Ibiza Island.
You can travel either by ferry or plane.  Iberia has flights all the day between PMI-IBZ, and it takes only 35 minutes.  Let me do a little research, and I'll post it in the transportation thread.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:39:42 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1022 on: October 02, 2012, 12:40:25 PM »
When Phil said 9 countries this season, I think he referring to the countries they will be visiting outside the US.  Noted that he said it at the starting line, and usually the US isn't really accounted for until the final leg.  So if there is a missing country,  I think it's a new one since people like to see new places especially new countries.  Have there been a previous season of the race where during the season premiere press release doesn't mention a new country, but during the show's season run they visit a new country?  So for my speculation if there is a new country, I'm pretty sure it's in Europe.

Offline gigglypiggies

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1023 on: October 02, 2012, 02:51:20 PM »
The space between Russia and the Netherlands, could they possibly have popped down to like...Cameroon or somewhere in Africa? I mean...it isn't really going too far out of the way, we know that there is a missing leg somewhere...so maybe?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1024 on: October 02, 2012, 03:58:07 PM »
:welcome: to RFF, gigglypiggies!

But there are no missing legs, which means no new countries, sadly, although I would have loved a new African nation!

I am repeating myself, but we already HAVE our 9 countries. Including the US.

1-USA to China
2-Indonesia
3-Indonesia
4-Bangladesh
5-Bangladesh
6-Turkey
7-Russia
8-Russia
9-Netherlands
10-Spain
11-France
12-NYC (USA)

Custom Search