Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Author Topic: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 143637 times)

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
Re: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #975 on: September 19, 2012, 03:28:41 PM »
I remember the ditch vault and Grandpa Donald getting down to his skivvies (or further he said).
I also remember the two poker playing girls not being able to finish the golf or ring the bell.
Really tough with swimming in between.

Maybe they'll put a twist on that challenge, cuz I could really see that coming.
Bring on the 21!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Welcome to the cloneverse.
« Reply #976 on: September 19, 2012, 03:40:33 PM »
I remember the ditch vault and Grandpa Donald getting down to his skivvies (or further he said).
I also remember the two poker playing girls not being able to finish the golf or ring the bell.

Maybe they'll put a twist on that challenge, cuz I could really see that coming.

In the hay bales switchback there was a change.  In Season 6, teams had to find their next clue; but in Season 15, they had to find a race flag to complete the RB and proceed to the PitStop.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #977 on: September 19, 2012, 05:45:31 PM »

I agree. I bet they will do the ditch vault one, buthave to jump it multiple times.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #978 on: September 22, 2012, 04:05:03 AM »
We got a title!  :hoot:  :hoot:  :hoot:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #979 on: September 22, 2012, 06:34:12 AM »
I don't know about you all, but that's kind of a disappointing title  :groan:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #980 on: September 22, 2012, 08:02:09 AM »
RaceUntilWe Die,

I disagree with your assessment. In 3 words CBS has captured the essence of the first leg of AR21. A team must win it in order to take their prize money, assuming that they win AR21, from $1,000,000 to $2,000,000. Only the team doing so will have that possibility, so the pressure to win the first leg will be unbelievable.

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #981 on: September 22, 2012, 11:18:51 AM »
We got a title!  :hoot:  :hoot:  :hoot:

YAY!! Thank you!
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • #StayStrongNicole <3
« Reply #982 on: September 22, 2012, 05:00:22 PM »
RaceUntilWe Die,

I disagree with your assessment. In 3 words CBS has captured the essence of the first leg of AR21. A team must win it in order to take their prize money, assuming that they win AR21, from $1,000,000 to $2,000,000. Only the team doing so will have that possibility, so the pressure to win the first leg will be unbelievable.

I don't know about you all, but that's kind of a disappointing title  :groan:

I'm with RaceUntilWeDie. I personally like title quotes that are humorous or funny, but everyone has personal opinions.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #983 on: September 22, 2012, 05:15:49 PM »
Episode Quotes' main purpose is to compress the essence of an episode using just a few words. Having a funny line is just a bonus. :tup:

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:36:10 PM by Cocoa »

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #984 on: September 22, 2012, 05:40:41 PM »
The title is all about marketing, but will it increase ratings?
I'll watch for sure. I am addicted.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #985 on: September 22, 2012, 06:12:39 PM »
I like the episode title :hearts:! It is perfect for the $2 million twist. It sounds like a Phil quote.

Offline Theodorus

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • A million dollars? Drink with Jamy after the show?
« Reply #986 on: September 27, 2012, 06:25:02 PM »
Anyway, based on CBS website, we got episode title quote for Episode 2. It's Long Hair, Don't Care. :hearts:

The Amazing Race 21 Episode 2

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:29:02 PM by Theodorus »
TAR Greece: Soon. DTAR 2: Soon
#FF7F50

Offline Theodorus

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • A million dollars? Drink with Jamy after the show?
« Reply #987 on: September 27, 2012, 06:27:51 PM »
Guess LoveRocked has found it first :lol:
TAR Greece: Soon. DTAR 2: Soon
#FF7F50

Offline bobnlori

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #988 on: September 29, 2012, 10:00:49 AM »
the title says it all. In all the previous races the team that finished first in the first leg won the race 6 times, Rob/Brennan, Tyler/James, Nick/Starr, Meghan/Cheyne, Ernie/Cindy and Rachel/Dave and the team that finished second won 3 times BJ/Tyler, Tammy/Victor and Nan and Kat

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #989 on: September 29, 2012, 12:00:36 PM »
Phil: "I'll just say it had hilarious results the first time."

Not the bell counting in Groningen
Not the eels
This has to be, if it was a ROADBLOCK, the ditch-vaulting in an Amsterdam suburb

« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 05:41:45 PM by apskip »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #990 on: September 29, 2012, 12:21:01 PM »
Phil: "I'll just say it had hilarious results the first time."

Not the bell counting in Groningen
Not the eels
This has to be, it it was a ROADBLOCK, the ditch-vaulting in an Amsterdam suburb

Hey, Apskip, did you remember this?

Which Netherlands Roadblock are they talking about?
- The TAR12 pole-jumping or the TAR15 bell-counting?

What am I missing?  :duno:
If it's either one of them, the TAR15 one would look more interesting, but the TAR12 one would cause muddiness  :lol:

Maybe they're taking task from other country? Because I don't think those tasks worth to be a Switchback... :duno:

And I don't believe it's gonna be the eel RB of TAR4. :( .
The most infamous Roadblock that comes up in my mind and can be happened anywhere in Europe is the haybales rolling task. However, I don't think that they would be repeating it again... :(

What about the windmill fast forward?

I mean they can make it a Roadblock

I wonder what this season's Switchback would be - S4 eel RB?

What about the choice "15 ft." of TAR4 Detour?:
"Teams has to dig barehanded through a 15 foot high pile of manure to find their next clue."  :o

Kamineko, they put the "shave your head" FF for the third time in TAR history last season; so don't take for granted that they wouldn't repeat it again.  :)

The written statement they have provided is "one of the more infamous ROADBLOCKs. I believe that the word "ROADBLOCK" eliminates any consideration of DETOURs being converted to ROADBLOCKs. There are only 3 prior ROADBLOCKs in Amazing Races in the Netherlands:

AR4- count and basket 25 live eels
AR12 - ditch-vaulting
AR15 - counting bells

There are obviously many differences of opinion on which of these might be worthy. However, my answer is emphatic: NONE OF THE ABOVE meets my standards for what a switchback should be. World Race Productions hopefully decided for Netherlands on a task much more interesting. We'll see.

Maybe because of Donald doing it in his underwear?  :lol3:

:tup:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #991 on: September 29, 2012, 09:44:59 PM »
  O. M. G  :faint:

We KNOW that this is not true! :lol:

Locations start 1:25
Pasadena
China
Indonesia
Bangladesh
New Country in Africa WTH?
New country in Europe WTH?
back to USA

Perhaps Phil had a brain :fart and was thinking Malawi? ???

And last time I looked, Mallorca IS not a country.  :groan:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/e_0_EYGSIfs?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/e_0_EYGSIfs?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #992 on: September 29, 2012, 10:15:08 PM »

Pasadena
China
Indonesia
Bangladesh
back to USA

And last time I looked, Mallorca IS not a country. :groan:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/e_0_EYGSIfs?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/e_0_EYGSIfs?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

Well, Peach, with all this thing of Catalunya asking for separate from Spain..., I don't know, maybe Phil can see the future  :lol:.

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #993 on: September 29, 2012, 10:30:40 PM »
...or something!

I would have given anything for a new or even old country in Africa this time...but sadly, it is not to be.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #994 on: September 30, 2012, 12:27:00 AM »
Peach, OTOH, it raises the odds of an African country for TAR 22. Until the uproar over that bad idea of a film clip being posted on YouTube, I would have thought with civilian elected governments now installed in Egypt, Libya, and Tunisia, there might be a chance it could be one of those, but the uprest makes me doubt that will happen before next year at the earliest.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Missing Apskip :(
« Reply #995 on: September 30, 2012, 12:33:41 AM »

Pasadena
China
Indonesia
Bangladesh
back to USA

And last time I looked, Mallorca IS not a country.  :groan:

Swapping Thailand for Bangladesh,  it seems he time-warped back to season 19?   :duno:

Documenting her Race Around the World:  Wild Eyes
Our children, what are they going to amount to?

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #996 on: September 30, 2012, 03:17:46 AM »
I'm trying to think of a way that this could be possible, and I just can't! We know that teams were in 'Bangladesh' for around 3-4 days without being sighted. But any new countries would put us over the already stated total of 9!

Phil is great with his geography, and I doubt very much he would have made two mistakes there. Why did he say that?!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 03:57:07 AM by Dom El »

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #997 on: September 30, 2012, 07:12:47 AM »
Categorically, WE know this is NOT true, not possible.

But Phil is entitled, he almost never makes an error, but I did do doubletake and the fastest rewind "did I hear that" ever!! :lol:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #998 on: September 30, 2012, 12:21:21 PM »
"There is also something that comes up that many of the teams and the audience would have seen on the show before," he continues. "Something that's historic in the history of the race and we decided to bring it back."

Hmmm. It could be Phil is talking about something other than the Switchback task; maybe an Intersection? We haven't seen one of those in a while, it is something in the history of the Race. Or perhaps an no-pitstop leg that keeps the teams going into the second leg?
-- theschnauzers

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #999 on: September 30, 2012, 12:35:48 PM »
"There is also something that comes up that many of the teams and the audience would have seen on the show before," he continues. "Something that's historic in the history of the race and we decided to bring it back."

Hmmm. It could be Phil is talking about something other than the Switchback task; maybe an Intersection? We haven't seen one of those in a while, it is something in the history of the Race. Or perhaps an no-pitstop leg that keeps the teams going into the second leg?

We don't have many historical buried twists to bring back from the past.  The simple U-Turn, the Yield, the 30 minutes penalty...  :duno:

Custom Search