December 22, 2014, 01:30:06 PM

Author Topic: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 149682 times)

Offline Theodorus

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • A million dollars? Drink with Jamy after the show?
Re: TAR 21 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #925 on: August 29, 2012, 09:20:18 AM »
Which Netherlands Roadblock are they talking about?
- The TAR12 pole-jumping or the TAR15 bell-counting?

What am I missing?  :duno:
If it's either one of them, the TAR15 one would look more interesting, but the TAR12 one would cause muddiness  :lol:

Maybe they're taking task from other country? Because I don't think those tasks worth to be a Switchback... :duno:

And I don't believe it's gonna be the eel RB of TAR4. :( .
The most infamous Roadblock that comes up in my mind and can be happened anywhere in Europe is the haybales rolling task. However, I don't think that they would be repeating it again... :(

What about the windmill fast forward?

I mean they can make it a Roadblock
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 09:23:47 AM by Theodorus »
TAR Greece: Soon. DTAR 2: Soon
#FF7F50

Online MrDS

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Dive, Turn, Work
« Reply #926 on: August 29, 2012, 10:29:48 AM »
I wonder what this season's Switchback would be - S4 eel RB?
"Is anything in life really an accident?" - Joey Graceffa <3

MDS BIG BROTHER

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #927 on: August 29, 2012, 11:18:40 AM »

If it's either one of them, the TAR15 one would look more interesting, but the TAR12 one would cause muddiness  :lol:

Maybe they're taking task from other country? Because I don't think those tasks worth to be a Switchback... :duno:

The most infamous Roadblock that comes up in my mind and can be happened anywhere in Europe is the haybales rolling task. However, I don't think that they would be repeating it again... :(

What about the choice "15 ft." of TAR4 Detour?:
"Teams has to dig barehanded through a 15 foot high pile of manure to find their next clue."  :o

Kamineko, they put the "shave your head" FF for the third time in TAR history last season; so don't take for granted that they wouldn't repeat it again.  :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 11:24:16 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #928 on: August 29, 2012, 11:53:45 AM »
Given that the producers have now re-cycled two tasks from the early seasons, my guess is that it's a task previously done in the Netherlands, and the most infamous tasks are either the detour from leg 7 of TAR 15:
In this leg's Detour, teams chose between Farmer's Game or Farmer's Dance. In both Detours, teams dressed in traditional Dutch costumes—one male and one female—and rode bicycles to their Detour choice. In Farmer's Game, teams had to strip down to their Dutch underwear and swim across a creek. On the other side, they had to retrieve a special set of golf clubs and play 3 holes of Farmersgolf. Team members took turns with each stroke and had to finish within par of 8 strokes on each hole to receive their next clue. In Farmer's Dance, teams had to find a country festival where one team member had to hit the bell on a high striker (if that team member failed, team members would take turns until they hit the bell). They then had to enter a dance hall to learn a traditional Dutch folk dance and perform that dance in front of a crowd. If the dance was to the instructor's satisfaction, the instructor would give each team member a serving of soused herring which they had to eat in order to receive their next clue. (Wikipedia article)

or from TAR 4:
In the Detour, teams must choose between 500 kilograms or 15 feet (4.6 m). In 500 kilograms, teams drive 30 miles (48 km) to Alkmaar on an outdoor market, don traditional wooden clogs and use a wooden stretcher to carry cheese from a stockpile to a scale. Once it exactly weighed in at 500 kilograms (1,100 lb) of cheese no more, no less and they receive their next clue. In 15 feet (4.6 m), teams drive 12 miles (19 km) to a ranch, where the cow manure is processed into fertilizer. Then, they must searched barehanded through a clues 15 feet (4.6 m) of a pile. (Wikipedia article)
I think the 15 foot detour option could easily be converted to a roadblock using the same location. The TAR 15 detour doesn't work without both sides of the detour, it was that combo that made it infamous and led to an elimination (as was the Haybales).
-- theschnauzers

addie

« Reply #929 on: August 29, 2012, 12:47:50 PM »
Switchback in Netherlands <333

My guess is actually the pool-jumping challenge, but since last season's Switchback wasn't at the same location, anything can happen. If they have been in Groningen for the bell counting task, I'm going to kill myself, cause I was there that exact same day. :lol:

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #930 on: August 29, 2012, 06:48:25 PM »
I think its the mud one. Remember Don doing it repeatdly? that is infamous!
Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #931 on: August 29, 2012, 10:48:56 PM »
The cast announcement today has shaken loose another sighting. From Facebook earlier today:

So glad the word is out. We met Josh and Brent on the Talgo Night Train to Paris in June when they were in the middle of racing and filming. Caroline and I will be watching on the 30th and cheering them on. Spoiler alert, when we met them there were four teams left!

I don't know if this is something we already knew or not, but it appears that the Beekman Boys are in the final four. They are getting one of the largest reactions on Twitter, so that will probably help ratings.  :tup: The fact that the Facebook poster doesn't mention other teams may be bad news for the Beekman Boys though.

Also, I'm not sure we ever nailed down which trains were used in France, so this may help with that.

Well, the general consensus is that Abby & Ryan and the twins were decoys, and that Chippendales, Lexi & Trey and the Beekmans are the final three.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 10:53:28 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Marionete

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #932 on: August 30, 2012, 05:21:25 AM »
Ooh, I hope it's the bell counting from TAR15 :}

Online MrDS

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Dive, Turn, Work
« Reply #933 on: August 30, 2012, 07:09:10 AM »

The bell counting one was quite frustrating, but at the same time, it had a definite answer, so that tells me they aren't gonna revisit it  :duno:

The mud detour option would be good though!

MDS BIG BROTHER

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #934 on: August 30, 2012, 07:50:49 AM »
The mud task was a Roadblock  :tup:

Online MrDS

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Dive, Turn, Work
« Reply #935 on: August 30, 2012, 07:58:00 AM »
The mud task was a Roadblock  :tup:

I meant the manure task, sorry  :-[ but yes, the mud pole vaulting task would be interesting to revisit!

MDS BIG BROTHER

Offline Marionete

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #936 on: August 30, 2012, 01:12:35 PM »

The bell counting one was quite frustrating, but at the same time, it had a definite answer, so that tells me they aren't gonna revisit it  :duno:

The mud detour option would be good though!
Oh, right, I forgot about that...
Perhaps another belltower?.. lol  :lol:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #937 on: August 30, 2012, 04:59:33 PM »

"Teams has to dig barehanded through a 15 foot high pile of manure to find their next clue."  :o

Kamineko, they put the "shave your head" FF for the third time in TAR history last season; so don't take for granted that they wouldn't repeat it again.  :)

The written statement they have provided is "one of the more infamous ROADBLOCKs. I believe that the word "ROADBLOCK" eliminates any consideration of DETOURs being converted to ROADBLOCKs. There are only 3 prior ROADBLOCKs in Amazing Races in the Netherlands:

AR4- count and basket 25 live eels
AR12 - ditch-vaulting
AR15 - counting bells

There are obviously many differences of opinion on which of these might be worthy. However, my answer is emphatic: NONE OF THE ABOVE meets my standards for what a switchback should be. World Race Productions hopefully decided for Netherlands on a task much more interesting. We'll see.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #938 on: August 31, 2012, 08:12:36 AM »
I think this is the right time to post this so you guys don't get too attached :(
I'm sure some have been suspecting this, but I'm 99.9% sure it's true. MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD
I believe the last team eliminated (4th place) is
Show content
Show content
Show content
Show content
Show content
Natalie & Nadiya :'(
I have my reasons:
1. We have indications that they've made it to the F5/F4
2. We believe that they were racing as decoys in NYC (both of them were racing in the final Leg wearing slippers? Yeah right). Usually the decoy teams are the teams eliminated just before the F3.
3. My concrete evidence: a few days after filming wrapped up, one of the twins tweeted to the other, "still having bad dreams about France :(". We are pretty sure that France was the penultimate Leg, right? And saying that you had 'bad dreams about France' is basically confirming that you were eliminated in France. When I saw this tweet, I re-tweeted it on purpose so one of the twins would realise what a spoiler they were releasing and they would delete it. Funnily enough, I went back later so print screen the tweet, and it was GONE!
If you look at all my statements, it all fits together and makes sense. Just be glad that we will be able to see an FF team race through 11 Legs!  :yess:
With that being said, here is my boot order speculation for this season:
Show content
1st - Jaymes & James
2nd - Trey & Lexi
3rd - Brent & Josh
4th - Natalie & Nadiya
5th - Abbie & Ryan
6th - James & Abba
7th - Rob & Kelley
8th - Gary & Will
9th - Caitlin & Brittany
10th - Amy & Daniel
11th - Rob & Sheila
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:14:01 PM by supah3ro »

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #939 on: August 31, 2012, 12:28:59 PM »
I agree with pretty much all of that, supah3ro, it seems pretty obvious from the NYC pictures that those teams were running decoy.

I don't tend to agree that the James' won because it seems like the other two F3 teams could have been ahead of them which is why they were not sighted. But I can't prove that either.

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #940 on: August 31, 2012, 12:33:53 PM »
I don't believe that one of those three Netherlands roadblocks is going to be repeated. It would be odd to have a Switchback in a different location but those three choices just don't fit the description.

IMO a third time around with the haybales would be really lame...

To me the most infamous RB of all time is the TAR7 Leg 3 eating task or the TAR 15 Leg 11 ringing phones.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #941 on: August 31, 2012, 01:01:01 PM »

The written statement they have provided is "one of the more infamous ROADBLOCKs. I believe that the word "ROADBLOCK" eliminates any consideration of DETOURs being converted to ROADBLOCKs. There are only 3 prior ROADBLOCKs in Amazing Races in the Netherlands:

AR4- count and basket 25 live eels
AR12 - ditch-vaulting
AR15 - counting bells

There are obviously many differences of opinion on which of these might be worthy. However, my answer is emphatic: NONE OF THE ABOVE meets my standards for what a switchback should be. World Race Productions hopefully decided for Netherlands on a task much more interesting. We'll see.

Maybe because of Donald doing it in his underwear?  :lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #942 on: August 31, 2012, 01:02:35 PM »
I don't believe that one of those three Netherlands roadblocks is going to be repeated. It would be odd to have a Switchback in a different location but those three choices just don't fit the description.

The cast release is very clear that we will though.

Teams will travel through three continents, nine countries and cover more than 25,000 miles, where they’ll be faced with a 10-story rappel in Los Angeles, frying an egg on their heads in Indonesia, working as “rat collectors” in Bangladesh and revisiting one of the Race’s most infamous Roadblocks in the Netherlands in this season’s “Switchback.”   
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #943 on: August 31, 2012, 01:09:09 PM »
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #944 on: August 31, 2012, 01:23:40 PM »

The cast release is very clear that we will though.

Teams will travel through three continents, nine countries and cover more than 25,000 miles, where they’ll be faced with a 10-story rappel in Los Angeles, frying an egg on their heads in Indonesia, working as “rat collectors” in Bangladesh and revisiting one of the Race’s most infamous Roadblocks in the Netherlands in this season’s “Switchback.”   

I think those can be taken as two different statements. Like this:

1.revisiting one of the Race’s most infamous Roadblocks 2. in the Netherlands

I could be wrong, but if it is one of those three then they are way off about it being one of the most infamous roadblocks.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #945 on: August 31, 2012, 01:52:04 PM »
I don't agree, I think it needs to be taken at face value for now.

And I loved the muddy ditch jump. Also loved the cheese haul and the manure, but yes, I know they aren't roadblocks.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #946 on: August 31, 2012, 02:31:32 PM »
The muddy ditch jump was  a lot of fun to watch, but I don't think it can be considered "infamous" unless people falling in mud is such a huge deal.

:duno:
Bring on the 21!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #947 on: August 31, 2012, 02:59:12 PM »
Well, we all know CBS does exaggerate just a WEE bit! :lol:

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #948 on: August 31, 2012, 06:22:02 PM »
I believe it might be the bell counting one because the clue referenced s1's lenny talk about a switch back to a switchback of a s1 challenge

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #949 on: September 01, 2012, 01:03:01 AM »
I believe it might be the bell counting one because the clue referenced s1's lenny talk about a switch back to a switchback of a s1 challenge

You lost me??

Custom Search