Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Author Topic: TAR 21 Contestant Spoilers and Speculation  (Read 79487 times)

Offline Al

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 21 Contestant Spoilers and Speculation
« Reply #200 on: June 19, 2012, 09:17:24 AM »
About Ryan Danz:

He's a Jiu Jitsu and martial arts enthusiast. He's, apparently, with Gracie Barra Encinitas, a Jiu Jitsu academy. Here's a video of him fighting and wining a gold medal. FOR THE LAST 15 SECONDS OR SO, you can see his face, pretty similar to the one on the pictures we have of the racer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkQMgbKVou4

It's a pity he wears that garnment, since I was expecting to find anything that shows his tatoo in the arm, to be absolutely sure it's him.

He's also mentioned on the Grappling X website as a bronze medal winner in a match, on the following link:

http://grapplingx.com/events/gi-nogi/450

I won't be able to dig any deeper for the next 9 hours, guys (aka, tons of work!), so do your magic!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:23:10 AM by Al »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Welcome to the cloneverse.
« Reply #201 on: June 19, 2012, 10:31:31 AM »
About Ryan Danz:

He's a Jiu Jitsu and martial arts enthusiast. He's, apparently, with Gracie Barra Encinitas, a Jiu Jitsu academy. Here's a video of him fighting and wining a gold medal. FOR THE LAST 15 SECONDS OR SO, you can see his face, pretty similar to the one on the pictures we have of the racer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkQMgbKVou4

It's a pity he wears that garnment, since I was expecting to find anything that shows his tatoo in the arm, to be absolutely sure it's him.

He's also mentioned on the Grappling X website as a bronze medal winner in a match, on the following link:

http://grapplingx.com/events/gi-nogi/450

I won't be able to dig any deeper for the next 9 hours, guys (aka, tons of work!), so do your magic!

Here's a comparison between Reta's pic at Shangai and a photo (cropped from a bigger one for obvious reasons) of Ryan Danz.  We've got a match on his right arm tatoo, the hair cut and the beard.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 09:00:24 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline chal_uf

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #202 on: June 19, 2012, 10:47:45 AM »
You rock Al  :conf: :conf: :conf:

It's definetly them, abby & ryan  :yess:

Still 3 unknown teams, 2 M/M & 1 M/F (Father&Daughter)  :duno:

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: June 19, 2012, 01:27:44 PM »
I'm just gonna throw this out there. Something has been telling me or shorter guy on the green team could be a horse jockey. I have no evidence for it, but it doesn't hurt to take a look in that direction.

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #204 on: June 19, 2012, 04:00:00 PM »
I am thinking our father/daughter team...is not.
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Bring on TAR25
« Reply #205 on: June 20, 2012, 03:25:28 PM »
I felt sure she wasn't his daughter, based on how she looked a little older. Not as old as him MAYBE but still not his daughter
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams' - 'To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #206 on: June 21, 2012, 07:46:20 PM »
Adding a bit more info to the Ryan and Abbie reveal:

Ryan Danz has a degree in economics from UC Davis, and a law degree from California Western School of Law. He is the owner/founder of a financial service company in California.

Most interestingly, as a new law school graduate, Ryan was a contestant in NBC's reality show The Apprentice:Martha Stewart which aired in the fall of 2005 for a one season run. He was eliminated in Week 11, just prior to the final interviews and challenge. His appearance on TAR 21 may represent the first cross-over from a competing network's reality show.

His bio from that season:

Abbie Ginsberg is a dancer and choreographer. Originally from Seattle, she has a degree from the University of Washington in Fine Arts and Psychology with a minor in Art History. She additionally has a degree in Fashion Design from the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising. She is a nationally recognized choreographer in 8-18 yr old modern,tap, lyrical and jazz dance. She currently works at the Carlsbad Dance Centre where she is a member of the Hall of Fame.

Both Ryan and Abbie are divorced, and are currently a "dating couple".

"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #207 on: June 21, 2012, 08:30:18 PM »
So like Ralph & Vanessa they'll probably be listed as "dating divorcees"

Online theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #208 on: June 21, 2012, 09:39:06 PM »
That's an interesting bit of casting, Peach!
-- theschnauzers

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #209 on: June 21, 2012, 10:43:57 PM »
I know, right? But based on everything we have so far, this looks like an attractive, strong and competitive team, so perhaps casting decided that an appearance 7 years ago in a short lived show was not a major issue. I have a feeling we are going to like this team! Anyone who can cheerfully do a Tide-to-Go skit dressed as a VIVIDLY orange spandex clad detergent action hero, on a major NYC thoroughfare, has to have a great sense of humor!   :lol:

One more interesting bit of trivia:

From the Beekman reveal, I also found that Brent Ridge was the VP for Healthy Living at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia from June 2006 to August 2008. Which was less than 6 months after Ryan was a contestant. Small world, right? While it is unlikely that Ryan would be aware of that bit of history on meeting Brent, it is vaguely possible that Brent may have recognized Ryan. 2 Degrees of Separation!!

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #210 on: June 21, 2012, 10:47:24 PM »
So like Ralph & Vanessa they'll probably be listed as "dating divorcees"

Which still bugs me.

I agree with this definition--at least where I come from!!

Definition of DIVORCÉE: a divorced woman

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Missing Apskip :(
« Reply #211 on: June 21, 2012, 10:57:50 PM »
And here is the tattoo confirmation  :lol:

Tide Fighter is in here too:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AB_FfZi_pf8?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AB_FfZi_pf8?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
Documenting her Race Around the World:  Wild Eyes
Our children, what are they going to amount to?

Online theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #212 on: June 21, 2012, 11:42:01 PM »
I did a little bit of googling, and I found that I did remember Ryan from his TA:MS season; not well, but I did remember having a favorable impression of him from that show. Martha used a lot of her company in setting up the tasks for her season, so it's possible Brent might have recognized Ryan more easily from that time than the other way around.

Of the teams, we've heard comments about the teams from "bystanders," it seems as if CBS has continued its recent trend of finding good, competitive teams and staying away from casting-induced melodrama. It may be premature to reach any conclusions until we learn more about all of thie teams, but it is a promising sign.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 12:57:48 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #213 on: June 22, 2012, 10:16:01 AM »
I'm just gonna throw this out there. Something has been telling me or shorter guy on the green team could be a horse jockey. I have no evidence for it, but it doesn't hurt to take a look in that direction.

If you're looking for a jockey, try looking into guys racing out of Northville Downs. It's the closest one to Ann Arbor.

It's not the type of jockeying you're thinking of though...I think all of the horseracing tracks around here are all harness racing.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 10:19:12 AM by kittygoesmeow »

Offline Macaroons

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #214 on: June 22, 2012, 04:54:19 PM »
I thought I had disappeared but I am happy to bring you another team ID:

JAMES LOMENZO AND MARK "ABBA" ABBATTISTA
53 and 45
Heavy Metal Musician and Music Manager/Attorney
Beverly Hills, CA

I'm sure they will go by James and Abba on the show. James might be known to some people as being a part of the group Megadeth.

Comparison photos below

James:

"Abba":

edited to embed photos
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 07:28:35 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #215 on: June 22, 2012, 05:02:15 PM »
Great job dude! I knew you'd find something.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Welcome to the cloneverse.
« Reply #216 on: June 22, 2012, 06:09:31 PM »
I thought I had disappeared but I am happy to bring you another team ID:

JAMES LOMENZO AND MARK "ABBA" ABBATTISTA
53 and 45
Heavy Metal Musician and Music Manager/Attorney
Beverly Hills, CA

I'm sure they will go by James and Abba on the show. James might be known to some people as being a part of the group Megadeth.

Comparison photos below

:yess:

This means we've got identified nine of the eleven teams! 

1.-  Brent & Josh.
2.-  Amy & Daniel.
3.-  Jaymes & James.
4.-  Nadiya & Natalie.
5.-  Trey & Lexie.
6.-  Rob & Kelly
7.-  Caitlin & Brittany
8.-  Abbie & Ryan
9.-  James & Abba.

And still searching for the IDs of the remaining teams!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #217 on: June 23, 2012, 06:47:49 AM »
THANKS MAC!! :hearts:

Adding some more info on James and Abba!!

I know less than nothing about this kind of music...but James Lomenzo is a serious musician who has played with some very major bands.

This is a great in depth interview about his career to date!

http://www.forbassplayersonly.com/Interviews/James-LoMenzo.html

A bunch of pics:
http://www.aphex.com/aphex_ambassador/486/#&panel1-8

Here is an Interview from Romania...at about 6:25 he starts to talk about Mark and their passion for travel.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HH-6W8UIuOg?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HH-6W8UIuOg?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

There was a very nice homepage open yesterday when I started to look but seems to be down now...hopefully it will open back up! Will leave the link up in case it reopens, a very good bio:

http://www.jameslomenzo.com/jameslomenzo.com/Bio.html

He also has a production house called Monster House:
http://www.jameslomenzo.com/monsterhouse/Who_We_Are.html

There are many YouTube vids of the actual music as well.

Mark "Abba" Abbattista is as MAC said, an attorney and a music manager/producer.

He is listed as President at Abba-Cadaver Music LLC
Beverly Hills, California (Greater Los Angeles Area)
...although I believe he is originally from Colorado.

He is currently managing the band HAIL!, which is a cover band of rotating musicians who do worldwide tours featuring the classics of Heavy Metal music. James is the bass guitarist on many of the tours.

Here is a brief Interview with Mark from the Russian tour about why they love to tour and share their music: START at about 1:50

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GHm4iF1fvYg?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GHm4iF1fvYg?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

And here is a lovely interview about a high school visit in Istanbul:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=165004

And...importantly for us, these guys are seriously well traveled. Their most recent tours includes a nine-city tour in Russia, coincidentally including Moscow, and a Turkey tour, including Istanbul, and other areas such as Brazil, Scandanavia, and Lebanon!

I am already loving their passion for their music and for travel!

Offline Al

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #218 on: June 23, 2012, 11:41:20 AM »
That's a lot of information for James & Abba! Incredible work, guys!

Now, that would make it 3 James (or Jaymes), so it would make it compulsory to use nicknames and set them apart. Perhaps Jay for one of the Chippendales? And... JLo (Wikipedia says that is his nickname) xD for LoMenzo? That would make them JLo and Abba? Wouldn't that be hilarious?

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #219 on: June 23, 2012, 12:07:17 PM »
That's a lot of information for James & Abba! Incredible work, guys!

Now, that would make it 3 James (or Jaymes), so it would make it compulsory to use nicknames and set them apart. Perhaps Jay for one of the Chippendales? And... JLo (Wikipedia says that is his nickname) xD for LoMenzo? That would make them JLo and Abba? Wouldn't that be hilarious?

I think we're good without any nicknames. But thats just me. Jaymes/James are one team and adding another one in on a different team with long hair doesn't make it to hard to tell which one.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: June 23, 2012, 06:47:47 PM »
Awesome! GJ, macaroons! I thought the bearded guys would be more like hippies but they're probably gonna turn out to be badasses. ;D

Hopefully, them and the biker couple don't go out one after the other.

Re: nicknames, I think it's only gonna work if people are willing to use them, or if someone establishes a nickname for the 3 Ja(y)mes and others follow. For me, I think I'll call them James, Ga(y)mes (I believe I got those two right), and Jamie from the Block. :lol:
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Online theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #221 on: June 23, 2012, 10:34:27 PM »
As far as the show goes, they've managed having three "Daves" one season on three different teams, and three "Steves" on another, so I think we'll manage with the two James and one Jaymes, especially since two of the three make up one of the teams.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #222 on: June 24, 2012, 12:18:13 AM »
This group is looking sooo interesting. Looking forward to this season.
And this trio of names, what's the chances in 3 different seasons?!
Awesome work.

Offline TARfan04

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #223 on: June 24, 2012, 03:02:57 PM »
Trey Weir and Lexi Beerman

Both recent grads of University of Texas. He had a very successful career as the Deep Snapper during his time at UT. Lexi was a member of the famed Pom Squad. They have been dating for several years. They are not engaged.

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #224 on: June 24, 2012, 03:34:03 PM »
Thanks for the update TARfan04!!

and :bigwelcome to RFF!

We have them ID'd, but further details are always a  BIG help! :hearts:

They look like a cute couple!

Custom Search