Author Topic: TAR 21 Contestant Spoilers and Speculation  (Read 74676 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 21 Contestant Spoilers and Speculation
« Reply #250 on: August 12, 2012, 02:20:59 PM »
I wasn't sure we would find this one....But thanks to a lucky coincidence, I am delighted to bring you our final TAR 21 team, TEAM RED!

Meet ROB SCHEER and SHEILA CASTLE!!
Engaged (now Married) Lumberjacks!
(follow the links for much more info)

Rob Scheer is the Founder and CEO of The Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show, Lumberjack Sports International, and 
Lumberjack Feud in Pigeon Forge.

He is a Lumberjack three-time world champion speed climber and the first IronJack World Champion in his own right.

He is also the brother of Tina Scheer who competed in Survivor: Panama.

You can see an interview with him here from Dec 2011:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ziZC39kBnYk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ziZC39kBnYk</a>

As the founder of the above, he has also helped produce Timbersport TV shows for ESPN and the Outdoor Channel.

Sheila Castle is the Director of Sales and Marketing for Lumberjack Feud.

While engaged during the running of the show, Rob and Sheila were married last weekend! Congratulations to them both!  :ihrtu

Special thanks to Chateau for the LAX and startline photos!

:yess:   

¡Awesome, Peach!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #251 on: August 12, 2012, 02:22:57 PM »
And now we have ten eleven!  :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:

1.-  Brent & Josh.
2.-  Amy & Daniel.
3.-  Jaymes & James.
4.-  Nadiya & Natalie.
5.-  Trey & Lexie.
6.-  Rob & Kelly
7.-  Caitlin & Brittany
8.-  Abbie & Ryan
9.-  James & Abba.
10.- Gary & Will.
11.- Sheila & Rob.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't Poke the Bear
« Reply #252 on: August 12, 2012, 11:34:11 PM »
From the TAR21 prediction thread, before the race started. :lol:

I want to speculate on the teams a little more because everyone else is focusing on the countries. I think we'll have a parent-child team, possibly two. A parent-child team has still never won the race, and WRP might want to try to break that "curse" like they did in TAR17 when they had 4 F/F teams. I think we'll also get at least one team with that "interesting occupation" appeal (maybe something like lumberjacks, or even actual kindergarten teachers :lol:), and I think we'll get at least one openly gay racer, maybe even a gay couple, because of gay rights being so prevalent in American news recently.

Nailed it!  :winner :lol3:

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #253 on: August 13, 2012, 07:31:08 AM »
Another time when a connection to a CBS reality star helps someone get on TAR :P
When they answered the bell on that wild winter night, There was no one expected -- and no one in sight

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #254 on: August 13, 2012, 08:05:05 AM »
Always possible it got them noticed, but given the current casting practices my guess would be they wanted the Lumberjack thing and the fan base it involves, not the connection itself.
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #255 on: August 13, 2012, 12:32:33 PM »
So the Scheer family isn't very good at reality TV I guess. Should be fun having some lumberjacks on while they last though.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #256 on: August 13, 2012, 07:22:21 PM »
Y'all are totally awesome. Bicyclists, monster trucks, lumberjacks, snow boarders, sisters, old rockers, etc. 
A fun crew. Love it. A lot of athletic types should keep up the pace.

Offline shiqiansoh

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • LET'S GO MAX & KATIE!!!
« Reply #257 on: August 15, 2012, 09:03:04 AM »
So, is this the team that was completely unknown, and I thought this was the Keenh Team, right? Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:40:07 PM by georgiapeach »
~~~Shi Qian~~~

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #258 on: August 15, 2012, 09:40:45 PM »
So, is this the team that was completely unknown, and I thought this was the Keenh Team, right? Thanks!

Yes, that's right! The RED team. :)
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #259 on: August 17, 2012, 12:19:32 AM »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #260 on: August 19, 2012, 06:21:47 AM »
When usually CBS reveals the teams? :)

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #261 on: August 19, 2012, 08:37:25 AM »
I don't know when they'll do it, but since their showing their faces on that promo, it has to be soon.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #262 on: August 19, 2012, 08:46:25 AM »
That IS a bit unusual, must be because we have the full cast this time. :lol:

Normal would be about a week after the Survivor reveal...but could be sooner this time?? :duno:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #263 on: August 19, 2012, 01:31:20 PM »
Survivor premieres on September 19th this time around, and that's a month from today, In the past CBS has usually starting releasing casts about 3-4 weeks ahead of premieres, which in Survivor's case would be the last week of August or just after Labor Day (which is September 3rd this year.) For TAR that time frame would be around that same weekend (September 1-2-3) or that week following that weekend.
But with the political party conventions coming as late as I've ever seen (August 27-30), (September 3-5) and with the Olympics having been later than average (running into August 3) and with most of the new shows and new seasons premiering between the 24th and 39th, it's hard to be sure if they'll start announcing casts for Survivor and TAR as far ahead as normal. But I agree that Survivor will be first, and TAR is likely to be about 10 days later.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Marionete

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #264 on: August 20, 2012, 01:06:15 PM »
Survivor premieres on September 19th this time around, and that's a month from today, In the past CBS has usually starting releasing casts about 3-4 weeks ahead of premieres, which in Survivor's case would be the last week of August or just after Labor Day (which is September 3rd this year.) For TAR that time frame would be around that same weekend (September 1-2-3) or that week following that weekend.
But with the political party conventions coming as late as I've ever seen (August 27-30), (September 3-5) and with the Olympics having been later than average (running into August 3) and with most of the new shows and new seasons premiering between the 24th and 39th, it's hard to be sure if they'll start announcing casts for Survivor and TAR as far ahead as normal. But I agree that Survivor will be first, and TAR is likely to be about 10 days later.
Survivor cast is out, so we should be expecting TAR cast early in September :P

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #265 on: August 20, 2012, 04:31:52 PM »

THe London Olympics were actually early. In 2008 and 2004 they ended in the last week of August.
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #266 on: August 21, 2012, 02:25:11 AM »
That IS a bit unusual, must be because we have the full cast this time. :lol:

Normal would be about a week after the Survivor reveal...but could be sooner this time?? :duno:
Survivor's contestants have been revealed, so I think that are they going to officially reveal the contestants soon...?? :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #267 on: August 21, 2012, 11:40:14 AM »

Survivor cast reveal was yesterday, so TAR should hopefully be within the week. :tup:

Offline Joeyengen

• RFF Full Member
  • GO HOSKOTE & NAINA & LEO & JAMAL
« Reply #268 on: August 21, 2012, 11:50:36 AM »

Survivor cast reveal was yesterday, so TAR should hopefully be within the week. :tup:

This Week ???  :conf:  :conf:  :conf:

Offline Joeyengen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #269 on: August 21, 2012, 11:56:00 AM »
The Amazing Race China Rush 3 revealed the teams last month so TAR21 should be revealed this month sometime :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #270 on: August 21, 2012, 03:26:36 PM »

Early next week is my best guess.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #271 on: August 26, 2012, 04:11:53 AM »
PRAYING that they release the contestants tonight! Even though we already know all of them  :lol:

Offline Airlines

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Tijana Dapcevic - To The Sky
« Reply #272 on: August 26, 2012, 04:53:25 AM »
PRAYING that they release the contestants tonight! Even though we already know all of them  :lol:

:please: CBS? It'll distract me from my homework!  :lol:
Where do we go now?
To the sky
You and I
Beautiful

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #273 on: August 26, 2012, 02:01:46 PM »
Heh. Sorry, they don't work on weekends. Tomorrow...maybe!

Offline Joeyengen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #274 on: August 26, 2012, 04:00:55 PM »
Heh. Sorry, they don't work on weekends. Tomorrow...maybe!

I hope tomorrow before i start school on Tuesday haha :D

Custom Search