I've just watched TAR Australia 2. I enjoyed it FAR better than ANY leg from TAR 18-20. Here's the reasons why I think I enjoyed TAR Australia 2, which TAR America should emulate/bring back
1. The teams. I think Australians are more unique... or does the Americans cast the wrong people? Nonetheless, I think TAR Australia has an excellent cast and no one is the same with the other. Every single person in the cast delivers (except Shane and Andrew LOL) and every single one of them is promising. TAR America should put up teams that are entertaining on their own, and not rely on inter-team interaction/drama (which got overkill in TAR20). TAR America should bring more colorful teams, ROOTABLE teams (villains are rootable too, but never ever cast Art and JJ likes again)
2. The intro. I liked how Amazing Race classic music was injected in every scene. I liked how the editing put up an exciting and mysterious and omg-I-am-part-of-the-race feeling. After watching the first 10 minutes of TAR Australia 2, I think I never had this thrill compared to the last THREE seasons of TAR. The intro is a big deal, because it tones up the rest of the season.
3. The host's narration. Well, Phil Keoghan is unbeatable, but Phil's voice in narration and description and voice overs nowadays are seriously annoying. I love Phil, but hey, stop being enthusiastic. Grant Bowler, on the other hand, sticks with the more 'cool and slow but mysterious and exciting' narration voice, which gives me the chills and thrills. The way he described the first task was epic, which adds another element of excitement.
But I know Phil Keoghan is unbeatable. Phil, please bring back the "epic and cool and slow but mysterious and exciting" narration, which you did best during pre-HD TAR Seasons (I think he did it best in TAR 17). And also, please narrate all the tasks. Some tasks/destinations in TAR20 did not have an any voice over whatsoever, which is kinda boring and not memorable.
4. The music and editing. WHERE DID THE EDITING TEAM OF TAR 17 GO?!? Did they all resign?!? I think TAR Australia did an amazing job in editing music. Music is everything. I'd rather have Amazing Race music injected at every scene than a kroo-kroo-zzzzz-boring music which are evident in TAR20.
5. The tasks and the legs. IT SHOULD BE LONG. IT SHOULD BE HARD. It should present the chance of shuffling positions. Though, TAR America has done an excellent job with the legs already.
There. This is just my opinion. I am really sad that TAR 19 and 20 has not give me an impact like TARAus 2 (even with its first episode!).