Author Topic: TAR 21 or 22 Suggestions  (Read 15806 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
TAR 21 or 22 Suggestions
« on: May 16, 2012, 03:25:32 AM »
If you were the TAR producers, what would you change and/or improve for TAR 21 and TAR 22? Just curious.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 12:05:28 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Re: TAR 21 or 22
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 03:26:46 AM »
The Visit-every-country-twice-in-a-season thing. I want more countries, space them out, I don't like the flight bunching.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 03:41:49 AM »
The Visit-every-country-twice-in-a-season thing. I want more countries, space them out, I don't like the flight bunching.

They can't really control flight bunching. For example, I don't think there are that many flights between Munich and Baku, and its logical for all teams to take the earliest flight. Also sometimes, to remote places, they are not many logical flights.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 05:33:41 AM »
Try Salvage Pass.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 05:47:39 AM »
TAR20 was a HUGE improvement from TAR19! But there is always room for improvement  :tup:

TAR19 had THREE two-legs-in-one-country (Indonesia, Thailand, Malawi), Denmark and Belgium each got one-and-a-half legs.
Basically, TAR19 spent way too much time in very few countries, however I will count out Leg 5 (Thailand) as we suspect it was a last minute planned leg.

TAR20 had THREE two-legs-in-one-country (Argentina, Tanzania, India), which were all previously visited countries. But other than those 3 countries, they managed to visit 5 other countries (2 of those first visits), which was a breath of fresh air  :wohoo:

If WRP want to make the best route possible for TAR21/TAR22, I think they should follow the same route of TAR17, i.e.
- TWO two-legs-in-one-country
- diverse locations
- at least 4 continents
- new locations

:conf:

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 11:48:28 AM »
Make more fun & tougher fast forwards. 4 or 5 FFs. This would give opportunity to other teams to be first place. And provide different placements. So there'll be no more boring first place dominations like seasons 20, 19, 15, 13, etc.

Tougher roadblocks. More polarizing or deceiving detours. Create motivations for the teams to use the u-turn. Like saying the first 3 teams to finish the leg will receive cash prizes.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 12:01:10 PM »
Let's see:

-Start somewhere else than California
-Leave India and China out of the race (for one or two seasons)
-At least two or three new countries
-Have 2 legs in these new countries (cause it got me thinking: why do they had two legs in India and only one in Paraguay and Azerbaijan considering that these were first time visits?)
-Have a leg with an Intersection
-Visit countries that haven't been visited in a looooong time or only been visited once before.
-3 Fast Forward and try to add one more to catch teams off-guard.
-End somewhere else than California

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 21 or 22 Suggestions
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 07:17:13 PM »
Visit Philippines again.  :lol:
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 08:28:33 PM »
- Revert back to Pre-HD TAR editing, where Phil's voice is deep. Starting TAR 19, he started to almost yell and extend his arms like Allan Wu. :|
- Put epic music. Pre-HD TAR has a ton of exciting music, compared to now. I compared the past 12 finale introductions, and I found the S19 and S20 to be less exciting.
- Avoid the sunlight transition. ANNOYING.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 09:10:37 PM »
- Revert back to Pre-HD TAR editing, where Phil's voice is deep. Starting TAR 19, he started to almost yell and extend his arms like Allan Wu. :|
- Put epic music. Pre-HD TAR has a ton of exciting music, compared to now. I compared the past 12 finale introductions, and I found the S19 and S20 to be less exciting.
- Avoid the sunlight transition. ANNOYING.

This so much!! <3333

I miss the music too! Especially the 'Assault' soundtrack.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 01:37:43 AM »

I noticed this from the very first episode of Season 18. It was a really noticeable change!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 09:35:27 PM »
It almost came to pass in season 11 (TARAS) and there were those who thought it might happen after teams were sent to Ursala, Argentina, but a leg or two in Antarctica would be an interesting change of pace. (And there are scheduled charter flights available to islands off of the Anarctic mainland coast, there were when TAR 11 was filmed, and no one would see it coming. (And TAR has since made it to the Arctic Circle in Norway and Sweden,) so it would make sense to try for it.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2012, 09:51:54 PM »
Slow down, and bring back the old style of the Amazing Race. For ex, when introducing the detour/roadblock show the envelope like older seasons!

They stopped doing that because they thought that people would already know what was the deal with Roadblocks and Detours.
But i agree with the way Phil narrates the legs and tasks. He sounds so..enthusiastic? And before he was more stoic.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 11:28:02 PM »
Slow down, and bring back the old style of the Amazing Race. For ex, when introducing the detour/roadblock show the envelope like older seasons!

They stopped doing that because they thought that people would already know what was the deal with Roadblocks and Detours.
But i agree with the way Phil narrates the legs and tasks. He sounds so..enthusiastic? And before he was more stoic.

Yep, he really do sound enthusiastic.... which I don't kinda like. :lol: I don't know, but I don't feel the thrill by this narration. I like the kinda mysterious and coolly and deep
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2012, 01:43:28 AM »
The Visit-every-country-twice-in-a-season thing. I want more countries, space them out,

I agree on this and staying in a place makes them lazy as well I think as they sometimes cram less into the individual legs when they stay somewhere.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 07:01:36 AM »
For goodness' sake,

MELBOURNE!!!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 07:18:47 AM »
For goodness' sake,

MELBOURNE!!!

Unfortunately, Coutzy and tarflyonthewall will follow them so heavily, the leg will be spoiled right down to a T. They still have nightmares about what happened in TAR18.

Offline amazinglatinoamericafan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 10:47:19 AM »
NEW YORK CITY MUST VISIT ( LOVE THAT CITY)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 11:24:14 AM »
Uruguay.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2012, 06:15:04 PM »
For goodness' sake,

MELBOURNE!!!

Unfortunately, Coutzy and tarflyonthewall will follow them so heavily, the leg will be spoiled right down to a T. They still have nightmares about what happened in TAR18.

And me too! That is the precise reason I want them here!!!   :lol:

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 07:20:11 PM »
How about a night time Finish Line?? They almost did this in TAR18 but that was more like a sunset Finish..

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 07:20:48 PM »
That 's an interesting idea Charlie!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012, 12:27:25 AM »
They did it (well 2/3) in TARAus1... maybe just not 4HRS SPLIT BETWEEN 1ST AND SECOND!!! :knuckles: (:;)

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
  • Jet and Cord should have won!
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2012, 11:13:16 PM »
Having watched every season of TAR, I would like it if they went back to the earlier seasons..
- 13 Legs
- As already suggested, pre HD voiceovers
- Slow it down!!!!!! - The first few seasons were so good because it wasn't intense 100% of the time, and therefore the intense moments were highlighted!

A few other things
- More night-time legs - The last episode that I can remember having a decent proportion at night was in TAR 18, in Austria..., This was an awesome leg, and I think having it at night makes it more intense. ... So more night legs! (Out of curiosity, am I the only one who likes night legs??)
-NO MORE RECRUITED TEAMS FROM OTHER REALITY SHOWS - THEY HAVE HAD THERE TURN.
- Make the detours and roadblocks more intense - I hate it how the tasks have become so easy! There are so many challenges that you cant not complete, such as the 'helicopter rescue' roadblock in TAR 20. There have been some ripping tasks that require thinking/skill (FRANZ, Measuring Liechtenstein, Haybales, Making a Dinosaur) but there are not enough.
- Get rid of all the technology!

I loved TAR 18 so much because it had so much of the above (Night legs, slow pace, hard challenges), and although seeing old teams wasn't everyones forte (I loved it!), i think that season 18 has to be the benchmark for challenges and editing.

Thoughts?
Jet and Cord are still the best!!! Bring them back!

'Maybe God didn't bless me so much with talent, but he gave me try'

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 11:50:28 PM »
Yeah, get rid of all the technology. UGGGHANNOYING. I hated the Umeda Sky Building Windows Detour Intro commercial. >_>

And please bring back the non-touch screen U-Turn and Speed Bump! (:;)