Author Topic: TNT's The Great Escape (from Ron Howard and the producers of TAR)  (Read 14007 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Just got a Google Alter about the casting call for this new series, apparentl;y involved TAR's producers (doesn't say specifically who but I assume Bert and Elise) and the Ron Howard:

http://www.realitywanted.com/call/11886-producers-of-the-amazing-race-is-now-casting-new-competition-series-the-great-escape

I'm not registered but it wouldn't sprise me if someone else here is. :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 10:49:03 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
-- theschnauzers

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
Re: TNT's The Great Escapr (from Ron Howard and the producers of TAR)
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 05:14:41 PM »
hmmm, it's really interesting tv show.
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TNT's The Great Escape (from Ron Howard and the producers of TAR)
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 02:01:13 AM »
cool show

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 07:06:08 PM »
TNT has greenlighted "The Great Escape" for 10 episodes to air this coming summer.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tnt-great-esape-amazing-race-279208

Note the name of the company being used by Bert and Elise for the show, it's the same name of the "umbrella" company we speculated about when the new credit cards appeared this past season on TAR. Profiles TV Prods.,
-- theschnauzers

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 08:56:00 PM »
THE GREAT ESCAPE

THE HOST :

FILMING LOCATION :

Producers of the pilot program for a new Reality TV Show called "THE GREAT ESCAPE" chose Singer Castle on Dark Island in New York's Chippewa Bay because of its maze of secret passageways and dungeons. Photo by Ian Coristine www.1000IslandsPhotoArt.com

RANDOM SCENE FROM THE FILMING :

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 08:58:50 PM »
Random scene of filming above is not confirmed though, as they are still calling for the cast..
However, the scene appear in the google image search...

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 06:25:20 AM »
I sort of feel the ratings of this show would be a flop.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 05:16:10 AM »
Casting is ongoing, I expect those pics were from a pilot episode.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 05:03:55 PM »

Offline kimmertowne

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 07:05:22 PM »
Hey ALL!!!  Am new here and a Reality Show Nerd!!  I live very close to the SINGER CASTLE/DARK ISLAND (20 miles?) site for the castle show of the new GREAT ESCAPE.  I am, as well as so many Northern New Yorkers, so impatiently waiting for the Premier!!  They taped the show here MANY months ago, I guess all of the shows are completed so far, but the only info I can find now is that the series will start Summer of 2012.  If they ARE still casting, they must be doing this for shows way into the future.  COME ON!!  We are ready to check out this show!!!!  Kim :iok

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 07:28:03 PM »
 :wel2  to RFF kimmertowne!!

That's a great news to hear!!  :hearts:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 10:17:37 PM »
Hey ALL!!!  Am new here and a Reality Show Nerd!! 

Welcome to RFF Kim! You have come to the right place!

This show sounds like a lot of fun!  :wohoo:

:hello2: :hello2: :welcome2:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

TARGuru

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 09:15:15 PM »
null
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 01:03:07 AM by TARGuru »

TARGuru

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 07:50:56 PM »
null
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 01:03:21 AM by TARGuru »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 07:24:29 PM »
STARTS TONIGHT! 10PM on TNT!

by Scott Von Doviak June 24, 2012

The Great Escape debuts tonight on TNT at 10 p.m. Eastern

Its Sunday night, and that swelling fanfare on the soundtrack and those soaring helicopter shots of an exotic location can only mean one thing! The camera swoops down to find our host, Phil Keoghan… no… wait a minute… isn’t that former ESPN personality Rich Eisen?

Indeed it is, as The Amazing Race is still on hiatus for the summer. But reality-competition fans yearning to plug the TAR-sized hole in their Sunday nights could do worse than to check out TNT’s summer series The Great Escape. The show’s surface similarities to the venerable globe-trotting Race probably won’t spawn a legal kerfuffle akin to the Big Brother/Glass House dispute, given that both shows are executive produced by Bertram Van Munster and Elise Doganieri. And while Escape’s slick production values and manufactured suspense inevitably recall its predecessor, the new show’s less-frantic approach makes for a refreshing change of pace.

Eisen, who seems to be barely holding back a derisive snicker at all times, introduces the premise. Three teams will be locked in separate cells, from which they must escape and complete a series of challenges. The first team to arrive at the finish line wins a $100,000 prize. The first episode takes place on Alcatraz Island, recently vacated by time-traveling prisoners and Jorge Garcia. As on The Amazing Race, each team of two has a pre-existing relationship: brother and sister Miles and Meghan are the Red Team; the engaged Brittany and Gabe are the Blue Team; and best friends Jeff and Lexx are the Green Team. (With his rough-and-tumble demeanor and his bandanna pulled down tight over his eyes, Lexx looks like he might be returning to Alcatraz for a second stint.)

Each team must find a map and a key hidden in their cell, then use the key to escape and the map to navigate through the four challenges. (Like all reality shows, The Great Escape has its own lexicon; the teams start in the Detainment Zone, then make their way toward the Transport Zone through Stages 1-4.) Upon completing each challenge, teams receive additional clues and tools, as well as a piece of a master key they must assemble in order to complete their escape. Some challenges are physical (smashing open lockboxes, digging through a pile of heavy sandbags), some are mental (solving a “riddle” that’s actually a simple math problem requiring teams to know how many hours are in a day), and some simply require a bit of luck (spotting a hidden gasoline can).

Complicating the game further are the guards patrolling certain areas of the challenge course. If contestants are spotted by the guards, they must return to their original cells and escape again. On the one hand, this twist adds to the suspense and helps shake up the game; on the other hand, suspicious minds can’t help but speculate about how easily the production could control which teams happen to be “spotted.” (They’re all running around with full camera crews, after all.)

That said, The Great Escape is an instantly involving hour of reality TV, and, of all the competition shows currently airing, looks like it’s the most fun to actually play. The limited number of teams make the action easy to follow, unlike the early, frenzied episodes of any Amazing Race season, and the tasks tend to require a bit more ingenuity than the “go here, then go here” clues the Race has become increasingly reliant on. Picking Alcatraz to kick off the series is certainly an inspired choice, and the production makes the most of the location, from the cramped cells to the dank corridors to the looming San Francisco skyline. The final stage of the escape, in which teams speed away from the island in Zodiac boats just as the sun is rising, is pure HD eye candy.

The second episode, set aboard the aircraft carrier U.S.S. Hornet, offers an even more challenging, maze-like course for a new set of contestants. There are minor tweaks and twists along the way—instead of finding keys to escape their cells, teams must use a length of wire to lasso a set of bolt cutters—but it’s not clear how many variations on this theme the producers can dream up. Future episodes will take place in a missile silo and (of course) a swamp, which both sound promising, but the novelty could certainly wear off quickly if the production runs out of unique locations for the show. These are concerns for another time, however. For the short term, at least, The Great Escape lives up to its title.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-great-escape,81723/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2012, 04:24:16 PM »
That was great last night it was firece

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 05:07:53 PM »
Last night, It's a great!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 02:00:05 PM »
I just finished watching the first episode. I'm not sure if I'm going to watch another. It was nothing special.
You really can't connect with players that you see only once so there is no emotion and the challenges were not that good for me.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 09:43:36 AM »
The premiere was decent. Ain't sure whether I'll follow it.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。