Author Topic: Your first TAR season  (Read 8117 times)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Your first TAR season
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2013, 08:51:14 AM »
Also a weird memory: back when I was a child I remember seeing a team check-in and they were team number 17 (!!!) :lol: :lol:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • KYLIE GODDESS
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2013, 09:36:42 AM »
Also a weird memory: back when I was a child I remember seeing a team check-in and they were team number 17 (!!!) :lol: :lol:

What the h?
Sam's AR10: Sarah & Shaleen F04 Leg 10 (4,352,785 IDR)
TAR Greece: Ήβη & Ελευθερία F15 Leg 02 (Kos Town-418€)
Joab TAR24: David (Veteran) F15 Leg 07 (The Bottomgod)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Best FF Ever!
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2013, 02:09:48 PM »
My first season was 4, AXN was broadcasting a marathon but I missed a couple of episodes. My first complete season was 5.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2013, 02:14:30 PM »
5.... the good old days  :cmas26

Offline Joeyengen

• RFF Full Member
  • GO HOSKOTE & NAINA & LEO & JAMAL
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2013, 02:43:13 PM »
Season 17 but i have seen almost all past seasons online and also on DVD :D

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Sr. Member
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2013, 03:25:27 PM »
Season 7, out of nowhere I was like "Wait!, That's Santiago!" And then I look up the tv guide to know what I was watching, when could I watch it again and then I watched the Finale (I may have skip a few episodes) and found myself happy about Uchenna&Joyce winning, it was incredible... But the most memorable for me back in the day wathing AXN Latinoamerica was Season 8, because this was the moment I realize I really like traveling with my family and we were in this low budget thing where we couldn't really go anywhere after going to the south of Chile when I was 5 or something, and I remember missing that so The Amazing Race brought back that feeling of discovery :D

Offline GB

• RFF Full Member
  • Team Number One!
    • Youtube
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2013, 01:57:09 PM »
First episode was the original broadcast of the TAR6 finale. My first full season was Season 7!
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! It's not dead anymore!!
-All Country pages Finished!!
-All Season and Series pages Finished!!
-All Team pages Finished!!

-Transcripts!! Season 1, Legs 1-6 up.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2013, 05:11:28 PM »
 :cmas22  Started watching with the last few episodes of TAR2, but TAR 3 was my first full season.  Started "spoiling" the show in various online forums with TAR4.   ....the good old days!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 05:59:45 PM by Boingo »

Offline iChrisStoodley

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2013, 06:56:02 PM »
My first was season 22, so I'm kind of a newbie, lol. But I saw Joey on the TV and I was like "shoot, he's fine!" and that kind of led me to watch more and soon develop an addiction to the show! Haha. I really want to see some past seasons, though, especially the family edition since everyone hated that one :p
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:15:39 AM by TexasLady »

Offline nmccarroll91

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2013, 02:43:03 PM »
It was Saturday Night in April 2009 I decided to stay in and not go out.

I was flicking through the channels round 1 AM and came across something called "The Amazing Race", having a huge obsession with anything to do with Racing I decided to watch it.

As I live in Ireland, it was a re-run of Leg 1 Season 9. I missed the first 15 / 20 mins so teams were on their way to the airport, and I thought this was the greatest thing I'd ever seen!  :cmaslol

First thing the next morning I went onto Wikipedia to look it up and discovered that Season 14 was in the middle of airing, so I went back and tried to find the older seasons online, and watched them all, (except for season 8, which I still haven't seen), and I've stayed up to date with every season since!  :cmas22

Because of this, Season 9 is one of my favourite seasons, even though its far from the most exciting due to it basically being a 2 team race between the Hippies and Eric & Jeremy.
..... And to all a Good Day! .....

Offline SteKay

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Survivor Cagayan's All Star Kasst <3
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2013, 02:49:54 PM »

I was flicking through the channels round 1 AM and came across something called "The Amazing Race", having a huge obsession with anything to do with Racing I decided to watch it.

As I live in Ireland, it was a re-run of Leg 1 Season 9. I missed the first 15 / 20 mins so teams were on their way to the airport, and I thought this was the greatest thing I'd ever seen!  :cmaslol

First thing the next morning I went onto Wikipedia to look it up and discovered that Season 14 was in the middle of airing, so I went back and tried to find the older seasons online, and watched them all, (except for season 8, which I still haven't seen), and I've stayed up to date with every season since!  :cmas22

Because of this, Season 9 is one of my favourite seasons, even though its far from the most exciting due to it basically being a 2 team race between the Hippies and Eric & Jeremy.

I'm Irish too and season 9 was my first season too  :cmaslol
GamerFan's TAR 7 Continents (Jackie 3, Laina 4, Leg 6: 5th )
SamualDude's TAR:NZ (Dawn 2, Jennifer 1, Leg 3: 2nd )
GamerFan's The Mole: Gameshow Delusion - Barry Weiss - Top 13.

Offline nmccarroll91

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2013, 03:56:06 PM »

I'm Irish too and season 9 was my first season too  :cmaslol

Haha! Hi 5!  :cmas20
U didn't happen to see it on Challenge by any chance?  :cmaslol

Offline SteKay

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Survivor Cagayan's All Star Kasst <3
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2013, 04:08:04 PM »
Challenge/Watch or Dave one of those  :cmaslol
GamerFan's TAR 7 Continents (Jackie 3, Laina 4, Leg 6: 5th )
SamualDude's TAR:NZ (Dawn 2, Jennifer 1, Leg 3: 2nd )
GamerFan's The Mole: Gameshow Delusion - Barry Weiss - Top 13.

Offline nmccarroll91

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2013, 04:21:58 PM »
Challenge/Watch or Dave one of those  :cmaslol

Was it the original airing of the season you seen? Or a re-run?

I think I remember seeing an episode of TAR years ago, before I even seen Season 9, but hadn't a clue what it was about.  :cmaslol

Offline Rachel Berry

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2013, 09:33:11 PM »
I have watched almost every reality tv show like: Big Brother, America's Next Top Model, Top Chef, The X Factor etc. But one they my mom was watching CBS and I saw a preview of The Amazing Race S20 and I thought Brendon was cute so I watched the 1st episode and felt in love with the show.
Jason & Amy to win TAR23

Offline jetishidae

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bears the name of Battle Born
« Reply #115 on: December 15, 2013, 10:56:26 PM »
it's Unfinished Business for me!! The episode where Jamie & Cara accidentally hit another car
instant infatuation, because to me girls with red hair are so damn attractive  :cmaslol

and then i proceed to watch TAR 14.

And become a fan

And Jamie & Cara are still one of my favorite team
I'am now and forever post-love

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2013, 02:32:58 AM »
I saw a few episodes here and there of family edition and all stars before really getting into season 10 (Australian broadcast logic) and then I've watched since season 12

I got into it after I was referred by a friend back in school

Online Airlines

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Tijana Dapcevic - To The Sky
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2013, 03:42:51 AM »
The switching-All-Stars-and-TAR10-by-7 stuff up <3
Where do we go now?
To the sky
You and I
Beautiful

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2013, 03:08:36 PM »
My first season was season 3 and the only people I ended up paying attention to was Phil and the winning team; especially Flo.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline MikeDodgers

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • ROCKET POWER!
« Reply #119 on: December 27, 2013, 01:07:19 PM »
Season 20 was my first season. I then started rewatching previous seasons online in reverse order.
"When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home....."

-Theme song from 'Full House' (1987-1995)

Offline Paldog

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • US Winter Olympic Team - Sochi 2014 - Go America!
« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2013, 10:22:37 PM »
My first season was TAR 16, specifically the Singapore leg. I was immediately hooked and began to watch reruns (sadly, I got bored towards the middle of TAR 23 and still haven't seen any leg in that season past the 1st Abu Dhabi leg).
"I've heard her called a quitter for leaving, an aimless wanderer. But not all who wander are aimless. Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition; beyond definition; beyond the image." ― Mona Lisa Smile

TARP_Lover

« Reply #121 on: December 27, 2013, 11:22:35 PM »
My first was TAR 19 :P

I saw Bill/Cathi failing in Indonesia 1 and I was hooked  :cmaslol

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
  • I'm never going back! The past is in the past!
« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2014, 08:10:49 AM »
My first episode was the Sri Lanka one in TAR6, which started out with a dedication to the tsumani victims. Originally, I was hoping that all the previous seasons would come out on DVD, which never really happened.

First full season was TAR7, so I have a bit of a soft spot for this season. Afterwards, I would drop and come back to this show, thus not following TAR13-15 on CBS. But luckily, someone had the episodes on YouTube (which has since, been taken down).

When the 1st All-Stars rolled around, I would have to resort to bootlegs to watching the earlier seasons, though that would have not mattered for TAR4 and TAR6.

Offline wcpamotm

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2014, 01:48:02 PM »
Not quite up the standards of a true TARfly.

My first watched episode was season 1, leg 2.  But I did catch a rebroadcast of leg 1 later that week.
We can put a man on the moon, so why can't we have a Fast Forward in every leg?

Offline Norwegian Boy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2014, 12:55:28 PM »
The first whole season I watched was Season 10, but the first leg was the Thailand leg in season 9. My first memory from the series was when I saw Garrett and Jessica in season 15 racing through Vietnam. But at that point I thought teams RAN around the world on foot, so I thought that it would be the most boring thing ever. But when I watched it, I was hooked for life  :hrt:

Custom Search