Author Topic: Your first TAR season  (Read 45928 times)

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
Your first TAR season
« on: May 02, 2012, 03:32:35 AM »
Hello.  :)

What was your first TAR season that you watched?

For me I saw teeny bits and pieces of TAR6 (I only remembered seeing Lori & Bolo on TV), then I watched most of Season 7 (cried when Uchenna & Joyce won)  :'(.  I missed Season 10 during it's airing (I hate myself for that - one of the best seasons ever) and also Season 12. I have been faithful since Season 13.  :)

I know there are some who've been faithful since Season 1.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 03:35:53 AM by AmazingRace »

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Your first TAR season
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 03:47:55 AM »
Hello.  :)

What was your first TAR season that you watched?

For me I saw teeny bits and pieces of TAR6 (I only remembered seeing Lori & Bolo on TV), then I watched most of Season 7 (cried when Uchenna & Joyce won)  :'(.  I missed Season 10 during it's airing (I hate myself for that - one of the best seasons ever) and also Season 12. I have been faithful since Season 13.  :)

I know there are some who've been faithful since Season 1.  ;)

It was a Thursday night.. I had no homework to do so I was channel flicking and I stopped on a channel because a girl got hit in the face with a WATERMELON!!!! Yep, i watched the rest of TAR17, and fell in love instantly! I then looked up 'filming for TAR18' and I saw on a spoiler forum, about teams returning (mainly Kent & Vyxsin) and I heard they were goths. I researched and watched TAR12 and loved it, then I decided to go ALL the way back to TAR1, which was absolute magic, yep. thats my story

this is a great thread AmazingRace!!   :tup:

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 04:06:26 AM »
Nice form idea.

I saw bits and pieces of TAR 5 - 7. I remember watching the 1st half of each episode before my bedtime and my parents would write down who got elimanated for me.

I i think since Season 8 i recorded and watched the next day.

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 07:05:18 AM »
The first ever TAR I watched was season 14, India leg. It was like fell in love at the first sight :lol3: Then I decided to do a TAR marathon from season 1 to 13 during my 3 months holiday :lol:
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 07:11:15 AM »
I watched TAR10 Madagascar/Mauritius onwards and fell in love with the show. Lyn and Karlyn  :hrt:

Then I remember watching a few episodes of TAR13 (I remember Dallas losing his passports and I was crushed because I thought he would win with his mother  :'(  I also remember Kentina on the final leg because it aired on Christmas Day in Oz and I snuck downstairs to watch a little bit)

I then saw TAR 17 and never stopped watching. Go TAR  :wohoo:  :jam:  :jam:  :jam:  :luvya:  :tup:  :hrt:  !

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 08:00:35 AM »
This season.  :D   During the two week break during it I took the chance to look through classic earlier seasons.  I'm in Britain and it's an unknown show here, no Amazing Race at all on the TV.  I found out about it as I watched Big Brother last year and liked Rachel winning so I watched this show as she was on it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 08:04:29 AM »
This the most awesome thread idea!! How have we not had this already?

The first season I watched live was TAR7 but not the whole season :lol: Since then I have watched every episode live :hearts:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 08:14:33 AM »
I've seen bits & pieces from TAR 3 finale. I don't remember liking it. But I thought it was a fun show.
Many years later. I got a satellite tv. I saw a promo for TAR 13. Then I remembered of the TAR 3 I've saw before (which at that time I didn't know was season 3).
I watched season 13 and got hooked with the show. When youtube became "reliable", I end up searching for the past seasons.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 08:42:39 AM »
My first season was TAR6.  My cable company reintroduced the channel that was emiting TAR that year in its listing.  I watched the previous seasons later, as a rerun while waiting for TAR8 and TAR9 (because they broadcast two seasons of TAR toghether - TAR1 & TAR2, TAR3 & TAR4, TAR5 & TAR6, etc. -). :hoot:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 09:01:54 AM »
mine is TAR 3 on Switzerland-Malaysia-Singapore leg.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 09:16:42 AM »
There was a TV channel in Spain that broadcasted some US shows. I remembered starting seeing TAR3's last four episodes with devotion, until the season was complete. Once it was finished, I started not seeing it anymore. I came back to the TV about 2 months later and were doing the SAME episode; yes, I missed the first ones. Since then one, I watched TAR4, 5 and 6 on TV, and got on RFF to know TAR13 was being filmed, so watched until TAR 12 online and have been waiting week after week for more episodes.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 09:56:47 AM »
S7 Brittan the episode where they had to scale the wall and ron and i loved it ever since. have never missed an episode

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 09:57:40 AM »
First episode I watched was TAR8 Finale. It was shown on AXN.
Then after that, they showed TAR9 everyday so that's the first full season I've watched. I cried when Fran & Barry were eliminated in Australia.  :lol:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 10:26:22 AM »
For me, I first encountered TAR when I was about eight or nine years old. I was in my grandmother's room, and she just used to leave the TV on a random channel (using it as a light source :lol: ) and it so happened that the TAR5 premiere was on. I got really interested when I saw tiny little Charla hauling a massively disgusting chunk of meat through Argentina, and I fell in love with the show! I used to sneak up late to watch it during the TAR5-7 period and then once I was old enough to stay up late :lol: I watched every episode since! ;) I got super-interested in the show during TAR9, and that's when I started looking the show up online. ;)

I've obviously caught up and seen every season, except Season 1, which still eludes me for some reason. ???
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 10:29:04 AM »
TAR 2 was my first season. I didn't watch TAR 3 and 4 back then. I started to watch all seasons since TAR 5. I got hooked.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 10:46:30 AM »
I distinctly remember the commercials for the first season; I believe they had the zipline task in Namibia in them. I never watched the show then because reality shows are stupid. But then we watched the following season and stuck with it. My earliest memories from watching the show: Shola or Doyin's foot being run over and the footrace to the finish line. I don't recall much from Season 3, but remember adoring Ken & Gerard, laughing when Derek & Drew got eliminated (I cry now). I remember all of the Seattle part of the finale and hated that the outcome was the exact opposite of what I wanted.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 10:59:14 AM »
TAR15 was my first one!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 03:02:36 PM »
TAR5 and I watched til tar11 then kinda faded off tar12-13 and watched it ever since.

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 03:15:16 PM »
I hold a trifecta, as I started watching TAR from S1, BB from S1 and Survivor from S1.  I did miss a few seasons as they aired since I was active duty military and was deployed for some of them, but I have watched them all.  I always wondered on the timing of the Guido's last place arrival compared to the previous team, as a 24 hour penalty was harsh and I think a 4-6 hour penalty may have eliminated them.  Survivor stands out the most though, cause I remember telling someone that the biggest rating draw would be if Hatch won just because of the drama aspect of it, and I laughed lilke crazy when it happened.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 06:53:45 PM »
Season 1, episode 1.

I remember seeing commercials for it a few weeks before it actually aired and getting really excited for it, even without knowing what the show would even be about. I recorded that first episode on videocassette and probably watched it 5 times in the week before episode 2 aired. I've obviously been hooked ever since, and apart from a few episodes in All-Stars, I've seen every one.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 07:06:09 PM »
There's an old thread with a poll about this same subject:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21053.0/all.html

Like some others, I was only going to watch "Lost" or TAR back in 2001, and not both.  Because "Lost" was an hour earlier, I sampled it for 20 minutes and stopped because it didn't resonate with me.  I watched TAR 40 minutes later and I'm still watching as the show is going through this current stretch of bad seasons.

Offline bc922

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 07:51:50 PM »
My first full TAR season was TAR 11: All Stars.  The first time I started lurking at RFF for spoilers was season 13.  I had previously saw bits and pieces of the season 9 finale but the show, or any reality show for that matter, had never caught my interest back then. 

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 07:59:19 PM »
My brother was the one who introduced me to the Race. I remember watching the Bollywood studio in the earlier TAR years and the rape train in India. I was interested, but not addicted. I remember seeing Charla and Mirna, and people wrestling in the snow.

The time I got really addicted to the show was TAR8 (but we do watch TAR7 in length, I just don't remember some of it). Gaghan <33 Weaver <33 Paolo <33 Godlewskis <33 Epic season for me (ya ya, Americans hate seeing America. Us Asians love it <3)

I never missed a primetime airing of the show since TAR 9 up to this moment <33

I still have to watch TAR1-7 so that I could remember them fully
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 09:11:03 PM »
What a lot of people don't realize now is that TAR wasn't originally scheduled for the fall of 2001; it had originally been conceived to air as a series in the summer of 2001. However, Les Moonves and the CBS honchos were so thrilled with the first episodes that TAR was delayed to be a "full" series and not a summer series as Big Brother was.
The first commercials? Actually were for casting in the winter of 2000-01; I was in the hospital at the time being treated for a near-deathly illness that required a lot of surgery and spent over a month in the hospital. That's when I first read about TAR in the Atlanta Journal Constitution and saw those initial commercials (which at the time were mentioning it as a summer series, even though the name hadn't been settled.)
It wasn't long after filming commenced in February of 2001 that CBS started promoting the show for the following fall, as it was an early pick up for a new series.
The only people who I think can trump that are the season one Racers. :)
-- theschnauzers

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 09:21:18 PM »
TAR 1, Leg 11 (China) and every episode live since. On the other hand, I've watched probably 3 full episodes of Survivor and 0 of Big Brother.