Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 12 "It's a Great Place to Become Millionaires" Hawaii  (Read 126692 times)

Offline ITIATT

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 20 Ep 12 Honolulu,Hawaii
« Reply #225 on: May 05, 2012, 03:22:32 PM »
Thanks and :bigwelcome to RFF!

Thanks! I have been around for awhile but never posted. Don't know why probably because i forgot my password but just remembered it.

Just an FYI, passwords can be reset or we can help with forgotten passwords. We're glad you remembered it.  :)

:wel2

I know but I had also forgot my email password as well. But it all okay now!! :)

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #226 on: May 05, 2012, 03:35:51 PM »
It's a shaky theory...but WHAT IF the team is instructed to finish the RB, and when they get an okay from the judge, they are supposed to paddle board across the pond to the finish line. What if the team that is turned back has to go back and paddle board across the pond instead?

I don't know if this is possible at all, but it could be similar to what happens...Phil said its more complicated than just not doing a task. :duno:
Maybe this pic will help, the green square area is not a solid path, plus would require teams to run through some person's property to get to, The yellow box is the finish mat, the red area is the parking lot.  The blue lines are possible paths across the pond, the brown lines possible paths through the trees and the little purple boxes are the waiting teams.

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #227 on: May 05, 2012, 03:55:28 PM »
It's a shaky theory...but WHAT IF the team is instructed to finish the RB, and when they get an okay from the judge, they are supposed to paddle board across the pond to the finish line. What if the team that is turned back has to go back and paddle board across the pond instead?

I don't know if this is possible at all, but it could be similar to what happens...Phil said its more complicated than just not doing a task. :duno:
Maybe this pic will help, the green square area is not a solid path, plus would require teams to run through some person's property to get to, The yellow box is the finish mat, the red area is the parking lot.  The blue lines are possible paths across the pond, the brown lines possible paths through the trees and the little purple boxes are the waiting teams.

The red mark in the map is the parking place you previously mention?
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #228 on: May 05, 2012, 03:57:35 PM »

I am pretty certain the paddle board is a Naish Nalu SUP. 
http://www.naishsurfing.com/2012/nalu-116.html

The Naish shop is in Kailua, 15 miles south of the finish line. 

Naish Kailua – Full Naish line for rent/demo on the windward side
155 Hamakua Drive
Kailua, HI

Other people sell Naish boards, but the Naish shop is basically right there, so I am guessing they provided the boards. 

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #229 on: May 05, 2012, 04:01:21 PM »
Then perhaps a team skips the RB and paddleboards straight to the finish line. :duno:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #230 on: May 05, 2012, 04:30:49 PM »
Maybe that picture of  Art and JJ shows there confusion on what to do. What we are seeing is indecision and they accidentally paddle to the finish line.

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #231 on: May 05, 2012, 04:40:22 PM »

yes

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #232 on: May 05, 2012, 04:43:04 PM »
What if the RB mess-up is the same type of mess-up from TAR 2's Sydney RB? That the RB has to be completed a certain way and someone misreads the clue on how it's done, still gets the clue and has to re-do the task after checking in at the mat.

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #233 on: May 05, 2012, 05:23:06 PM »

yes

You're right about the run from that place to the mat.
That leads me to another question:  let's say Prophet hypotesis is right, how did the turned back team reach the PitStop the first time without crossing the pound?  You said that the green square area is not a solid path (you're been doing a helluva job in the research in this leg, so I trust you about this point), what other choices are in this zone they could use to appear at the finish line?
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #234 on: May 05, 2012, 05:42:29 PM »

yes

That leads me to another question:  let's say Prophet hypotesis is right, how did the turned back team reach the PitStop the first time without crossing the pound?  You said that the green square area is not a solid path (you're been doing a helluva job in the research in this leg, so I trust you about this point), what other choices are in this zone they could use to appear at the finish line?

All I can say at this point is  :duno:

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #235 on: May 05, 2012, 05:53:41 PM »

yes

:'(

Offline ITIATT

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #236 on: May 05, 2012, 05:54:27 PM »

yes

:ghug:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: May 05, 2012, 06:07:23 PM »
We've had 9 pages already talking about the finale even though it hasn't aired...

Ha! Ever noticed how much is written about NFL draft picks who are months away from even reporting to training camp?

Nine pages about teams, actually competing, on the final lap, is nothing.
I see! :lol3: True!
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #238 on: May 05, 2012, 07:12:31 PM »
What if the RB mess-up is the same type of mess-up from TAR 2's Sydney RB? That the RB has to be completed a certain way and someone misreads the clue on how it's done, still gets the clue and has to re-do the task after checking in at the mat.

This ROADBLOCK was to follow the clues and discover Australian slang associated with vary actions of actors at different sites. There was an exact order. Either Oswald or Danny, Wil and Blake competed on this. Oswald or Danny had no problem, but both Wil and Blake stopped prematurely to get their partners. That required them when reaching the pit stop at the Museum of Contemporary Art to go back and redo everything after "surfie in the Dairy laks." 

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #239 on: May 05, 2012, 09:56:20 PM »

yes

I watched the satellite view again and used the zoom to the top.  At the right side of the dock where they had to start paddeling, seems to be a line of trees or bushes - in some parts looks like a shore and in others just like a path -.  Maybe it's a crazy spec but, could this be the route they take to reach the brown lines, and then the Finish Line?  :duno:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #240 on: May 06, 2012, 12:42:51 PM »
Here you go....Murtz Jaffer just tweeted his prediction:

Murtz Jaffer ‏ @murtzjaffer

My #AmazingRace finale prediction is that Art and JJ win after Rachel and Dave don't complete the roadblock.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #241 on: May 06, 2012, 01:03:52 PM »
-______________________________-

Offline paridy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV Guru
« Reply #242 on: May 06, 2012, 01:12:42 PM »

My #AmazingRace finale prediction is that Art and JJ win after Rachel and Dave don't complete the roadblock.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: He sucks at predicting didn't he predict a Gary and Mallory win in TAR18.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #243 on: May 06, 2012, 01:14:50 PM »
But he's only 18\19 :lol: (hopefully 18\20 soon :lol:)

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #244 on: May 06, 2012, 01:51:28 PM »
 :stare the end of the world

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #245 on: May 06, 2012, 02:01:51 PM »
Murtz has only been wrong once and I'm hoping he's wrong again this time cuz that will be the worst outcome ever!

Offline ITIATT

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #246 on: May 06, 2012, 02:58:39 PM »

Please no. Please no.  :gaah:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #247 on: May 06, 2012, 03:36:57 PM »
New sports promo is UP!

Thanks to ALL of you doing an outstanding job on the spoiler locations and analysis!! '

As you know, I am MIA for the weekend  but if anyone wants to do a summary of what we know and spec for tonight I will add it to the summary page?

Looking as though this is going to be the wildest craziest closest surprising Finale EVER!! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #248 on: May 06, 2012, 03:50:41 PM »
On one hand he could be wrong again (if it helps, he's been completely off during the Apprentice this year, so he can be wrong).  Plus, Art & JJ doesn't have the best edits.

On the other hand, neither do any of the other remaining teams.  Not only that, while Art & JJ have been pretty mean with their comments, their comments make sense.  Not perfectly, but they're generated by what you should and shouldn't do on TAR.  Could be foreshadowing.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline kungfuwomn

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 20 Ep 12 "It's a Great Place to Become Millionaires" Hawaii
« Reply #249 on: May 06, 2012, 04:17:56 PM »
I think their is a difference between predicting who wins and he knows who wins! If he knew he one race before 2day I think he would have posted here.Their has been a couple people who have posted here who said their source told them Dave and Rachel won and supposedly this guy has predicted winners before but then you have an ex racer friend of rachels who's says she knows Brenchel wins! I can say I predict Rachel and dave come in 1st made error have to go back and brenchel wins race? So maybe I'm right!