Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 12 "It's a Great Place to Become Millionaires" Hawaii  (Read 126670 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 20 Ep 12 Honolulu,Hawaii
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2012, 07:36:19 PM »
^I noticed that too but I thought it was wishful thinking :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2012, 07:48:10 PM »
Slayton, I hope you're right.  Meh; I don't mind anyone winning here!  Dave & Rachel would be most deserving (esp if they win the 11th segment).  They'd be prime for an epic return of the racers season, but OTOH, they could end up being retired, too.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2012, 07:55:02 PM »
I wonder if either the jet ski or the sledding is an active route marker. There's no way Rachel B does three RBs.

Offline paridy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV Guru
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2012, 07:55:14 PM »
So have we established that there is a double roadblock for the Honolulu leg? If so does that mean each member has to do one of the roadblocks because I see Blonde Rachel doing both, which is maybe what Phil is talking about? Just a thought.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2012, 08:16:05 PM »
Do you notice that Art and JJ's lighting is very different. It could just be a cloud, but it looks like they  at a different time of day.

Offline HoroscopeCloud

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2012, 08:18:16 PM »
I doubt the picture order means anything.I agree with the idea that Rachel B. messes up and does a roadblock that Dave was supposed to do.
BRENCHEL FTW!

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2012, 08:21:48 PM »
Next time, I hope that the Finish Line penalty is someone having to wait 45 minutes while the 2nd team to arrive steals their $1,000,000.  That would be the determining factor to a great season regardless.

One thing we can agree on: that shot of Ralph & Vanessa validates them as finishing in the painful 4th-place spot
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2012, 08:23:20 PM »
Here are the tasks/activities we know that teams participate in while in Hawaii:

1. Tower climbing
2. Jetski
3. Paddleboard
4. Helicopter ride
5. Land surfing

According to precendent there must be at least one roadblock and there is probably not a detour. According to recent precedents and the missing RB from leg six, there could be a double roadblock. A double roadblock always requires each team member to do one. Also, never in TAR history has production allowed a team member to perform a roadblock which they were not eligible for and then penalized them at the mat for it.
The jetski and the land surfing cannot logically both be a roadblock because RachelB is doing both. One of them is possibly a detour option. My spec lineup for the finale:

Arrive on Oahu>>>>tower task>>>>paddleboard to a RI>>>>sledding roadblock>>>>jetski RI>>>>helicopter to beach for final RB>>>>finish line

OR

Arrive on Oahu>>>>tower task>>>>Detour>>>>paddleboard to a RI>>>>sledding roadblock>>>>helicopter to beach for final task>>>>finish line
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 08:32:01 PM by Prophet »

Offline TARG21

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2012, 08:30:00 PM »
But wouldn't that be a penalty? Rather than an unfinished roadblock?

EDIT: sorry I see you answered my question above.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2012, 09:35:57 PM »
So have we established that there is a double roadblock for the Honolulu leg? If so does that mean each member has to do one of the roadblocks because I see Blonde Rachel doing both, which is maybe what Phil is talking about? Just a thought.

Well, both Dave and Rachel had performed 4 RB each:  Rachel in Legs 2, 4, 5 and 9, and Dave in Legs 1, 3, 8 and 10 - in leg 6 they won the FF and skip that leg's RB - .  We saw in the Osaka part of the clips that she's doing the game show, what we believe is a RB too.  So they'd reach the final leg with a count of 5-4.  If you're right about the 2 RB in Hawaii, they would be making a huge mistake.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:39:09 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2012, 09:45:59 PM »
New Press pics:

The preview definitely makes for some interesting sleuthing on who messes up by not finishing a task.

These promo pics are from the upcoming episode, correct? Then what task is it that has Dave pulling off some work gloves, as they read the clue?

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2012, 09:50:14 PM »
New Press pics:

The preview definitely makes for some interesting sleuthing on who messes up by not finishing a task.

These promo pics are from the upcoming episode, correct? Then what task is it that has Dave pulling off some work gloves, as they read the clue?

There are mountains, palms, water, and buildings in the back:  maybe the rappeling at the One Waterfront Towers?
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2012, 10:06:55 PM »
Do you notice that Art and JJ's lighting is very different. It could just be a cloud, but it looks like they  at a different time of day.

This is Hawaii you are talking about, you can be standing in a downpour at one end of an aircraft hanger and see through to bright sunlight on the other end.

I also wonder if a team gets lost or has a major delay on a task since I thought Art and JJ were just ahead of Brenchel at the tower climb with R/D a ways behind.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2012, 10:26:43 PM »
New Press pics:

The gloves are from the Rappel task, as you see here, Brendon is wearing them as well.

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2012, 11:56:41 PM »
Thanks, just thought it was really odd that he would take off the rest of the apparatus, and gloves last. But can see them in the pics.

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2012, 12:33:24 AM »
Finale title quote is "It's a Great Place to Become Millionaires".

jiajia12

« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2012, 01:13:16 AM »
In the preview they showed high giving the order VanessaRalph, Davechel, Art/JJ Brenchel
Wish thinking :luvya:

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2012, 09:36:46 AM »
so sad Vanessa and Ralph are out of the finale....specially for Ralph..he's a nice guy and has been respectful the whole race
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2012, 03:08:29 PM »
I hope this incomplete roadblock thing isn't similar to the debacle last season with the episode 2 (Yogyakarta, Indonesia) detour.
After completing the detours, teams were supposed to donate all of their money to the orphans.

So teams received the clue sending them to the pitstop without actually fulfilling the complete requirements and after arriving at the pitstop were sent back by Phil.

If they've added something else like that and equally lame on to the end of the roadblock, I'll be really disappointed. Especially if it costs a team $1,000,000 .
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2012, 03:25:20 PM »
In the Brenchel tantrum pics, someone mentioned the red box in 47 looked like something from a golf course(though the grass/soil doesn't look like what you'd find on a normal course), anyone able to figure out a possible location?  Also, in (48-51), has anyone commented on the yellow 'log' barriers along the road/parking area?  Is there someone currently in Hawaii(my memories are 8+ years old) who could shed light on whether they are a common/uncommon/rare sight?

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2012, 03:56:16 PM »
In the Brenchel tantrum pics, someone mentioned the red box in 47 looked like something from a golf course(though the grass/soil doesn't look like what you'd find on a normal course), anyone able to figure out a possible location?  Also, in (48-51), has anyone commented on the yellow 'log' barriers along the road/parking area?  Is there someone currently in Hawaii(my memories are 8+ years old) who could shed light on whether they are a common/uncommon/rare sight?

I was thinking it could be a park, given the picnic table behind them in the press photo with the clue box, and in cap 48, the building in the upper right corner looks like a public restroom to me.  I used to run cross-country when I attended school in Hawaii, and we ran at schools,  parks, and on golf courses, and this looks more like a park to me.  Plus there is that yellow gate in the background.  I did notice the yellow parking lot barriers, and they seem less common than plain old concrete or other barriers.  I don't recognize the spot right now, but I will keep looking.... 

I was just looking at cap 47 again.  What the heck is that yellow box-like structure that looks like it's up on stilts in the trees behind the red box?

I'm back to point out the possibility of Sand Island Beach Park.  It has the same picnic tables, the same yellow curbs, the same bathroom, and in the picture marked WWII Bunkers you can see the yellow box up in the air and a red box on the ground.

Sorry I can't post the picture.  Can a tech-savvy person help out? 

http://www.to-hawaii.com/oahu/beaches/sandislandbeachpark.php
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 05:23:38 PM by boston_jen »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2012, 05:37:40 PM »
If a golf course is involved, here are 3 OAHU windward coast courses (note all in Kaneohe where the Marine base is):

Bay View Golf Park
45-285 Kaneohe Bay Drive
Kaneohe, HI  96744

Koolau Golf Club
45-550 Kionaole Rd.
Kaneohe, HI  96744

Pali Golf Course
45-050 Kamehameha Hwy.
Kaneohe, HI  96744

I have excluded two other courses because they are too far south even though on the windward coast.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2012, 06:26:28 PM »
Nice one boston jen! I think that is where they are. Look at the close proximity of Sand Island to the Waterfront Towers (the "A").

It's close enough to make a wrong turn but hard to get to the towers by road from there. Of course they might be done with that task already and looking for the next thing but their attitudes indicate that they may be lost.

Remember that picture time stamps show Brenchel being at least fifteen minutes behind Army at the towers.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #148 on: May 02, 2012, 06:33:23 PM »

I was thinking it could be a park, given the picnic table behind them in the press photo with the clue box, and in cap 48, the building in the upper right corner looks like a public restroom to me.  I used to run cross-country when I attended school in Hawaii, and we ran at schools,  parks, and on golf courses, and this looks more like a park to me.  Plus there is that yellow gate in the background.  I did notice the yellow parking lot barriers, and they seem less common than plain old concrete or other barriers.  I don't recognize the spot right now, but I will keep looking.... 

I was just looking at cap 47 again.  What the heck is that yellow box-like structure that looks like it's up on stilts in the trees behind the red box?

I'm back to point out the possibility of Sand Island Beach Park.  It has the same picnic tables, the same yellow curbs, the same bathroom, and in the picture marked WWII Bunkers you can see the yellow box up in the air and a red box on the ground.

Hey, guys, could be the yellow box like construction in cap 47 this one?
It's a picture from Sand Island Beach Park, the one Boston_jen thinks is the place Brenchel were walking.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 07:33:09 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline TAR Fanatic

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2012, 07:05:10 PM »

Hey, guys, could be the yellow box like construction in cap 47 this one?
It's a picture from Sand Island Beach Park, the one Boston_jen thinks is the place Brenchel were walking.

That box looks exactly the same. I think you guys have it right with Sand Island Beach Park!!
Doing my part to preserve a fragile existence