Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 12 "It's a Great Place to Become Millionaires" Hawaii  (Read 126694 times)

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 20 Ep 12 Honolulu,Hawaii
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2012, 05:54:21 PM »
Hmm, I still think there will be a Double RB. Perhaps the jetski is the first RB :duno: and one team only completes this task rather than the 2nd RB? :duno:

I think you are right. The pattern for a while now on Final Legs, seems to be 2 RBs and a team task ( that I just call a 1/2 detour).

The pattern is no Detours in the final leg since season 14.  The last season with a Detour on a final leg was Season 13 (High and Dry or Low and Wet).

TAR14 had a detour in the finale.  They didn't mention it because everyone chose to do the luau one and not the surfing one.

Why Kerri & Stacy might be laughing?

The Amazing Race - Cousins vs. Major Dave
Cousins Kerry & Stacy now take on Major Dave in another airport confrontation.

http://www.youtube.com/v/6kW9vaML6iQ&feature=BFa&list=UUlzCn8DxRSCuMFv_WfzkcrQ&lf=plcp

paldog123456

« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2012, 05:56:27 PM »
For the "hit the waves" rescue task, I have a feeling it will be a Surf and Rescue Roadblock, like the TAR 4 FF Dave and Jeff won in Brisbane.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2012, 07:20:36 PM »
Hmm, I still think there will be a Double RB. Perhaps the jetski is the first RB :duno: and one team only completes this task rather than the 2nd RB? :duno:

I think you are right. The pattern for a while now on Final Legs, seems to be 2 RBs and a team task ( that I just call a 1/2 detour).

The pattern is no Detours in the final leg since season 14.  The last season with a Detour on a final leg was Season 13 (High and Dry or Low and Wet).

TAR14 had a detour in the finale.  They didn't mention it because everyone chose to do the luau one and not the surfing one.

Why Kerri & Stacy might be laughing?

The Amazing Race - Cousins vs. Major Dave
Cousins Kerry & Stacy now take on Major Dave in another airport confrontation.

http://www.youtube.com/v/6kW9vaML6iQ&feature=BFa&list=UUlzCn8DxRSCuMFv_WfzkcrQ&lf=plcp

I thought the only thing involving surf in the last leg of TAR14 was the RB (the surfboard fence).
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2012, 07:26:40 PM »

Thanks! SO maybe they don't take the helicopters all the way??

We have the rappel
the Jetskis, one driving, one surfing behind? Two teams seen together
the unplaced RB
so far...

We also know teams travel by helicopter along the coast at some point.

We also have aerials shots:

Slowhatch confirmed the locations here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26886.msg716599.html#msg716599

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26886.msg716655.html#msg716655

If someone with maps expertise can confirm it, but pics 15-18 look VERY familiar to me because I vacationed there with my family back in 2008.  It looks like that helicopter is flying over the town of Punaluu or Kaawa.  I also did a search and the only heliport in the area is at Kualoa Ranch OR they could be flying to the Marine Base in Kaneohe.

SO not sure how an order all fits in?

rappel
helicopter to ??marine base?? or Kualoa?

jet skis to/ or near Kualoa??
RB?
MAT?

need some more help here :lol:

I am 99.9% certain that one picture of the helicopter passing a beach in the episode 1 preview, cap 18, is actually on the NORTH shore, in the Kawela Bay area, at Pahipahialua Beach.  The road pictured is still Kamehameha Hwy, which goes by both of our beaches, but it's 20 miles north of Kualoa Ranch.  That's the opposite direction of the Marine Corps Air Station at Kaneohe Bay.

I can't upload an image right now, but on Google maps I found what I am pretty certain is the striped-roofed building in the upper right corner of the picture.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2012, 07:48:49 PM »
Maybe the final RB reveals the location of the Finish Line, the team discovers it and runs away without finishing?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

NoluckBoston

« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2012, 08:16:23 PM »
Maybe they see it as they fly in on the helicopters. Creating one team to get confused.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2012, 08:26:16 PM »

Thanks! SO maybe they don't take the helicopters all the way??

We have the rappel
the Jetskis, one driving, one surfing behind? Two teams seen together
the unplaced RB
so far...

We also know teams travel by helicopter along the coast at some point.

We also have aerials shots:

Slowhatch confirmed the locations here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26886.msg716599.html#msg716599

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26886.msg716655.html#msg716655

If someone with maps expertise can confirm it, but pics 15-18 look VERY familiar to me because I vacationed there with my family back in 2008.  It looks like that helicopter is flying over the town of Punaluu or Kaawa.  I also did a search and the only heliport in the area is at Kualoa Ranch OR they could be flying to the Marine Base in Kaneohe.

SO not sure how an order all fits in?

rappel
helicopter to ??marine base?? or Kualoa?

jet skis to/ or near Kualoa??
RB?
MAT?

need some more help here :lol:

I am 99.9% certain that one picture of the helicopter passing a beach in the episode 1 preview, cap 18, is actually on the NORTH shore, in the Kawela Bay area, at Pahipahialua Beach.  The road pictured is still Kamehameha Hwy, which goes by both of our beaches, but it's 20 miles north of Kualoa Ranch.  That's the opposite direction of the Marine Corps Air Station at Kaneohe Bay.

I can't upload an image right now, but on Google maps I found what I am pretty certain is the striped-roofed building in the upper right corner of the picture.

Once again, you've got it!

The Helio is going to the east right past Kawela Bay:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2012, 10:06:44 PM »
Well, now I can say that spending my teenage years partying on the beaches of Oahu has finally paid off.  :keeta:

Chateau, thanks for posting that image.  Our family is observing "screen-free" week, so I am sneaking on-line to post when the coast is clear... :browsie: 

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2012, 10:08:16 PM »
If you listen very carefully (with the volume very high), as Phil tells a team that they have to turn back, I hear some heavy breathing.

the breathing sounded female, a male breathing heavily sounds different.

I listened with the volume all the way up and headphones on , and you're right , I can hear it too and it does sound like Rachel from D/R.

Yes I can hear it too, the first breath was after "You are the first team to arrive" then the next breathe was sometime in the middle/end of "however, you have not completed the roadblock, right before Misa and Maiya's shot. And the eyes of Phil as he explains about getting back for the RB is like for a tall Dave then back to Rachel.
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2012, 10:15:09 PM »
I hear nothing. :lol3: And since there would be NO way to determine whose breathing it was, (if I heard breathing...) it really doesn't matter in the scheme of things, does it??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2012, 10:57:36 PM »
New Press pics:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline sox15

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2012, 10:58:09 PM »
My my...how quickly everyone forgets.  I'm the one who called it about Kaawaa/Kualoa Ranch...but whatever - I'm moving on.

I too heard the breathing.  I didn't even have to carefully listen for it.  It's quite noticeable.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2012, 10:59:03 PM »
I hear nothing. :lol3: And since there would be NO way to determine whose breathing it was, (if I heard breathing...) it really doesn't matter in the scheme of things, does it??

I didn't hear it, but after someone posted it here I definitely hear it and I believe its from a female.  :lol:

Its from :31 to :34 seconds in the video and try not to listen to Phil's voice and you might just hear it.

The idea is:  who cares?? :lol3:

)-** )-** )-** )-** )-** )-**
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2012, 11:08:51 PM »
New Press pics:

Ralph/Vanessa looks chopped :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2012, 11:18:10 PM »
Are those the clothes from last leg??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2012, 12:37:57 AM »
The Ralph & Vanessa shot looks like it is from the Japanese game show place. Ralph was wearing orange and can be seen on the left in the preview and Vanessa had that pink stained skirt thing on during the gameshow RB.

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2012, 03:53:09 AM »
what i think happens is that they get sent to a nearby beach "to receive their next clue" but they go to the wrong beach and end up at the finish line having already done one roadblock.

as far as detours are concerned (i dont think any of the route infos apply this year), but last year, even though the tin tin task and the speedo task were depicted as route infos, they were actually a double sided detour.  everyone took the speedo detour and ultimately completed, but they had a contract with the tin tin movie so they threw it together as a route info for the beginning of the following leg just to fill their contractual obligations.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2012, 04:58:57 AM »
My my...how quickly everyone forgets.  I'm the one who called it about Kaawaa/Kualoa Ranch...but whatever - I'm moving on.

And you are quoted and credited above. :)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2012, 06:41:35 AM »
I don't think we knew about the paddleboards before. It would be interesting if they took those to the finish line :lol: But probably not so where are they taking them?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2012, 09:05:12 AM »
Maybe that is what is behind the Jetski's? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2012, 11:10:53 AM »
There is a new promo links removed
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:16:14 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2012, 11:51:10 AM »
Thanks! HTML no longer works at RFF. :(
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 03:54:13 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2012, 12:21:42 PM »
Kay so, where does anyone think this is? (I'm gonna venture to say not Japan)

And I think this is RachelR

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 12:55:48 PM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2012, 12:42:26 PM »
In the new promo, around the 10-11 second mark, the shore line behind the jet ski is visible. It looks more like the north shore to me, maybe with Waimea Bay on the left? 

I was looking to see where the helicopters could land up there on the north shore, and I see that Turtle Bay has a place for helicopters to land.  Turtle Bay is just a bit beyond the place showing the north shore beach heli cap, in the direction that helicopter was headed.

jiajia12

« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2012, 12:46:00 PM »
Brendon probaly forgot to read clue