Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 12 "It's a Great Place to Become Millionaires" Hawaii  (Read 126669 times)

Offline nyluvs

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 20 Ep 12 Honolulu,Hawaii
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2012, 12:04:19 PM »
That was my height analysis...thanks :P
@deeluvs on Twitter

"Expectation is the root of all heartache"
William Shakespeare

Offline nyluvs

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2012, 12:04:56 PM »
Yes LOL this could be overthinking.

Sorry, I am trying to quote other poster's posts & I'm not doing a very good job of it :(
@deeluvs on Twitter

"Expectation is the root of all heartache"
William Shakespeare

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2012, 12:20:08 PM »
Davchel & Brenchel are pretty much the same height wise, Dave is about as tall as Brendon, give or take an inch, same as the 2 Rachels.

jiajia12

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2012, 12:48:22 PM »
@jiajia12: I listened to the clip again and I can't hear anybody breathing. But you seemed to know that Brenchel would beat Ranessa in a footrace in the last episode...

I said she will.beat Vanessa in a foot face,she did here
We can all hear heavy breathing of a woman, this is fact, stop trying delude people
Like last year when we know Bill Cathi was sure to be eliminated in 5th, you said they made final 3

This is not SFX A Rachel team screwed up. I willing to bet my account on this,

Rudeness deleted
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 12:54:47 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2012, 12:51:17 PM »
Alright then :lol:

I think a Rachel team does this too because Art and JJ don't seem like they would.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2012, 12:53:16 PM »
You all might want to go back and take another look at the season long preview and the caps we got after episode 1.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26886.msg715559.html#msg715559

We know teams are travelling BY HELICOPTER up the coast.

SO...

Either the RB is there at Kualoa resort and whoever goofed doesn't have far to go back...

OR :ascared

The unfortunate team would have to travel BACK to wherever by helicopter to complete the challenge.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2012, 12:55:13 PM »
Just some ideas on the finish of TAR20. Access to the Kaneohe Bay/Kailua Bay area of eastern Oahu from Honolulu area is pretty easy via the
1st) Pali Highway
2nd) Likilike Highway
3rd) the H3 Interstate Highway
If they only have the tower climb and rappel in downtown Honolulu, then the Pali Highway is easiest/quickest way to get to the other side of the mountains.

On the Finish Line Stage (marked with a red map pin), upstage is to the east (right) and downstage is to the west (left). Teams always approach the downstage side of the Finish Line Stage/Mat. At the western end of the beach is a pretty open area that Production could use to have the final RB task. This possible RB area is marked with a red R.

It appears to me that teams arrive in this area via jet skis. It depends on just how far Production wants them to ride the jet skis. A good, secure launch point would be on the Marine Corps Base Hawaii, similar to the air force base in Guam in TAR11. They would have no security problems there. The jet ski distance seems a little far, but then it could explain why a team got mistaken about the location of the RB and Finish Line Mat.
A closer launch point for the jet skis could be Waiahole Beach Park, where Production could also control access if they rent it for the day. Possible jet ski launch points are marked with a red J.

Matthew 7:15

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2012, 01:01:08 PM »
You all might want to go back and take another look at the season long preview and the caps we got after episode 1.

SO...

Either the RB is there at Kualoa resort and whoever goofed doesn't have far to go back...

The unfortunate team would have to travel BACK to wherever by helicopter to complete the challenge.

It seems quite likely that the final RB could be on the ranch sort of like TAR9 and the team in question just gets off the chopper and runs to Phil without doing the task.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2012, 01:07:43 PM »

SO...

It seems quite likely that the final RB could be on the ranch sort of like TAR9 and the team in question just gets off the chopper and runs to Phil without doing the task.

That could also mean a misread clue. :gaah:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 01:11:33 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2012, 01:36:10 PM »
Just some ideas on the finish of TAR20. Access to the Kaneohe Bay/Kailua Bay area of eastern Oahu from Honolulu area is pretty easy via the
1st) Pali Highway
2nd) Likilike Highway
3rd) the H3 Interstate Highway
If they only have the tower climb and rappel in downtown Honolulu, then the Pali Highway is easiest/quickest way to get to the other side of the mountains.

On the Finish Line Stage (marked with a red map pin), upstage is to the east (right) and downstage is to the west (left). Teams always approach the downstage side of the Finish Line Stage/Mat. At the western end of the beach is a pretty open area that Production could use to have the final RB task. This possible RB area is marked with a red R.

It appears to me that teams arrive in this area via jet skis. It depends on just how far Production wants them to ride the jet skis. A good, secure launch point would be on the Marine Corps Base Hawaii, similar to the air force base in Guam in TAR11. They would have no security problems there. The jet ski distance seems a little far, but then it could explain why a team got mistaken about the location of the RB and Finish Line Mat.
A closer launch point for the jet skis could be Waiahole Beach Park, where Production could also control access if they rent it for the day. Possible jet ski launch points are marked with a red J.

Thanks! SO maybe they don't take the helicopters all the way??

We have the rappel
the Jetskis, one driving, one surfing behind? Two teams seen together
the unplaced RB
so far...

We also know teams travel by helicopter along the coast at some point.

We also have aerials shots:

Slowhatch confirmed the locations here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26886.msg716599.html#msg716599

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26886.msg716655.html#msg716655

If someone with maps expertise can confirm it, but pics 15-18 look VERY familiar to me because I vacationed there with my family back in 2008.  It looks like that helicopter is flying over the town of Punaluu or Kaawa.  I also did a search and the only heliport in the area is at Kualoa Ranch OR they could be flying to the Marine Base in Kaneohe.

SO not sure how an order all fits in?

rappel
helicopter to ??marine base?? or Kualoa?

jet skis to/ or near Kualoa??
RB?
MAT?

need some more help here :lol:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2012, 01:38:15 PM »
Hmm, I still think there will be a Double RB. Perhaps the jetski is the first RB :duno: and one team only completes this task rather than the 2nd RB? :duno:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2012, 01:41:27 PM »
There are some very good maps already on this thread. I offer some 360 degree views from various spots, primarily beaches on the eastern coast of Oahu (courtesy of VTHawaii.com):

Makapuu Beach
Makapu'u Pier
Kaupo Beach Park
Kaiona Beach
Waimanalo Bay State Park
Kanika Beach
Lanokai Beach
Kailua Beach Park
Kalama Beach
Oneawa Beach
Laenani Beach
Kane'ohe Beach Park
Waiokka Beach Park
Kualoa Regional Beach Park

http://www.vthawaii.com/OAHU/Beaches/BeachesEastShore.html
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 01:44:49 PM by apskip »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2012, 01:53:07 PM »
Here is the helicopter shot.........

I believe this is taken over the Honolulu/Pearl Harbor/Central Valley area. I lived in Kailua for almost 3 years, but it was almost 40 years ago. Memories fade, but there really isn't that much flat area on the east cost of Oahu. They could certianly use helicopters to get teams from the Honolulu area to the other side of the mountains or up to the Dole plantation on the north end of the central valley.That is a very broad flat area under that helicopter in that shot.

When I lived there, it only took about 30 minutes to drive from Kailua to Honolulu via the Pali Highway........but helicopters would keep any potential people from following taxis with teams in it........that is for sure.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2012, 01:55:52 PM »
I am not sure what the value of this is, but I have some specific information on Kaaawa Beach Park. Its 2 acres is owned by the city of Honolulu due to a land swap many decades ago. Ka'a'awa Beach Park on Oahu's windward coast has a narrow sandy beach. Because of a shallow reef on the nearshore ocean bottom, the swimming conditions are rather poor. There are a few sandy patches on the nearshore ocean bottom where it's fun to splash around in. Otherwise snorkeling can be fun when the ocean is calm. The beach park is mainly used by fishermen, campers and picnickers. Fishermen come here to catch octopus.

Below is a gorgeous photo of this park. I don't see how it would figure in an Amazing Race finale because none of the photos I have seen of it match what we were shown in the preview of the finale.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2012, 01:56:53 PM »
That's one of them, but there are more, follow Slowhatch's links I quoted. We hear Rachel in the voiceover...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2012, 02:18:46 PM »
Hmm, I still think there will be a Double RB. Perhaps the jetski is the first RB :duno: and one team only completes this task rather than the 2nd RB? :duno:

I think you are right. The pattern for a while now on Final Legs, seems to be 2 RBs and a team task ( that I just call a 1/2 detour).

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2012, 03:00:13 PM »
Don't forget there was no roadblock on the first leg. That's perhaps the biggest and best reason for there being two roadblocks and no detour on the final leg. (And I'll assume the towers are an active route marker task.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2012, 03:04:12 PM »

I think you are right. The pattern for a while now on Final Legs, seems to be 2 RBs and a team task ( that I just call a 1/2 detour).

The pattern is no Detours in the final leg since season 14.  The last season with a Detour on a final leg was Season 13 (High and Dry or Low and Wet).
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2012, 03:06:05 PM »
Don't forget there was no roadblock on the first leg. That's perhaps the biggest and best reason for there being two roadblocks and no detour on the final leg. (And I'll assume the towers are an active route marker task.)

the missing RB is from the sixth leg :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2012, 03:24:07 PM »
The Jetskis can't be a RB, you see one team member driving and one being pulled behind.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2012, 03:28:33 PM »
The Jetskis can't be a RB, you see one team member driving and one being pulled behind.

But the first leg had a different sort of RB :duno: :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2012, 04:06:10 PM »
You know, I was thinking that the RB Phil is referring to is probably near the finish line like in TAR 9. I don't see how a team could just stumble upon the finish line.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2012, 04:59:35 PM »

I just want to be clear..........I do not look at the jetskis as a RB........just transportation.

But it could be like the RB in Leg 1.......where the person doing the RB had to drive to a mapped location to pick up the team member that did the parachute jump. In this case the clue could day......."Who can navigate a JetSki?"    When they choose and open the clue it could say to pull your teammate to a designated end point across Kaneohe Bay........one team could miss that and end up at the Finish Line mat....and have to go find the correct check in point..........

But again.......I just see the jet skis as transportation at this point........need more data to change my idea.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2012, 05:02:00 PM »
As I said previously, a misread clue could be the reason of that error.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2012, 05:16:30 PM »
AFTER TRAVELING FIVE CONTINENTS, 22 CITIES AND NEARLY 40,000 MILES, “THE AMAZING RACE” CONCLUDES IN A SPECIAL TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE ON SUNDAY, MAY 6

CHEAT TWEET: Who will win the most important 1st place finish of their lives? #FinalPitStop #AmazingRace, Sun, 5/6 8-10pmET/PT http://bit.ly/IhqZf1

“It’s a Great Place to Become Millionaires” – The final four Teams battle for the $1 million prize in a grueling two-hour season finale that starts in Japan, where Racers call upon their track skills for an exhausting Japanese game show, and concludes in Hawaii, where Teams hit the waves to put their rescue mission skills to the test, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, May 6 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host. 

So maybe the person they are pulling behind is not the other team member?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 05:19:54 PM by Prophet »