Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 12 "It's a Great Place to Become Millionaires" Hawaii  (Read 126678 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 20 Ep 12 Honolulu,Hawaii
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 06:40:39 AM »
Saw the preview. no way, someone gets turned back at the finish line?

That has never happened before.

First of all, a team can only get their next clue from a roadblock after completing that roadblock. So I'm guessing that whichever team it is, they accidentally stumbled onto the finish line (perhaps on their way to the final roadblock)

In most seasons, the roadblock in the final leg comes after the detour. Oftentimes, it's right before the finish line and if that's the case, it's most often some sort of a memory task.

Yeah, I think it's more likely that team stumbled on the finish line instead of downright not doing the roadblock.

Actually most finales don't have a detour at all. But one thing they have been doing lately is a double roadblock in the finale. What if a team skips the second one? This seems more likely than them completing it incorrectly because in that case they wouldn't get the clue.

And who says that this team is eliminated? They could be in the lead at that point and still get back to the roadblock while other teams are there. One question is, is this RB in question the final task or not?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2012, 06:43:56 AM »

First of all, a team can only get their next clue from a roadblock after completing that roadblock. So I'm guessing that whichever team it is, they accidentally stumbled onto the finish line (perhaps on their way to the final roadblock)

In most seasons, the roadblock in the final leg comes after the detour. Oftentimes, it's right before the finish line and if that's the case, it's most often some sort of a memory task.

Yeah, I think it's more likely that team stumbled on the finish line instead of downright not doing the roadblock.

Actually most finales don't have a detour at all. But one thing they have been doing lately is a double roadblock in the finale. What if a team skips the second one? This seems more likely than them completing it incorrectly because in that case they wouldn't get the clue.

And who says that this team is eliminated? They could be in the lead at that point and still get back to the roadblock while other teams are there. One question is, is this RB in question the final task or not?

exactly what Prophet said

we have NO idea where this RB is, it could be right before the Finish Line, it could be halfway through the leg, it could even be at the beginning of the Leg, the team who doesn't complete it might have to go ALL the way back to wherever it is, we have NO idea  :duno:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2012, 06:49:32 AM »
Oh and

The breathing clip sounds like Rachel.from Davechel. So one of the Rachel teams had to.go.back. Hope Art and JJ is miles behind, and Brenchel win

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2012, 07:32:44 AM »
@jiajia12: I listened to the clip again and I can't hear anybody breathing. But you seemed to know that Brenchel would beat Ranessa in a footrace in the last episode...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 09:32:41 AM »
Oh and

The breathing clip sounds like Rachel.from Davechel. So one of the Rachel teams had to.go.back. Hope Art and JJ is miles behind, and Brenchel win

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really. Do any of you hear breathing? I have the sound turned all the way up on a HD copy  and do not and who could identify a breather anyway? :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 09:34:23 AM »
The only thing I can hear that resembles breathing is those dramatic 'whooshing' sound effects. :lol:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2012, 09:52:38 AM »
^ I think the 4th Place team(if there is any) would go next to Nary/Jamie.

Theres also footprints going behind the finish mat & a oval thing in front of it :lol:
This picture makes me think of Survivor :lol:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2012, 10:07:18 AM »
They don't look particularly happy to me. :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2012, 10:10:34 AM »
idk if this is relevant at all, but kerri seems real happy that the team that checked in first messed up.

Which likely means Border Patrol or R/D

Why would you say that? ???

IIRC, they only had problems with R/V and E/A.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline shadowphx15

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2012, 10:39:40 AM »

Well, there's always a first time for everything in TAR:  a Co-ed team winning the race - and a first woman - (TAR3); a first time an all female team won (TAR17); a double elimination (TAR19); two U-Turned teams spared elimination (this season); a team last in a NEL who completed SB, RB and Detour and won the next leg (TAR16).  I always thought (or dreamt) that one day, one team would reach the finish line and Phil would receive them with a "however" due to failed a task in that leg.  Seems it's the first time for this too. :groan:
Mark and Bopper first team to get eliminated after using fast forward.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2012, 10:49:22 AM »

Well, there's always a first time for everything in TAR:  a Co-ed team winning the race - and a first woman - (TAR3); a first time an all female team won (TAR17); a double elimination (TAR19); two U-Turned teams spared elimination (this season); a team last in a NEL who completed SB, RB and Detour and won the next leg (TAR16).  I always thought (or dreamt) that one day, one team would reach the finish line and Phil would receive them with a "however" due to failed a task in that leg.  Seems it's the first time for this too. :groan:
Mark and Bopper first team to get eliminated after using fast forward.

Wrong.  Dennis and Andrew won the FF in leg 3 of TAR3 with the hope to catch the pack, but they reached the PitStop in last place and were eliminated from the race.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2012, 11:00:58 AM »
If you listen very carefully (with the volume very high), as Phil tells a team that they have to turn back, I hear some heavy breathing.

the breathing sounded female, a male breathing heavily sounds different.

Bring on the 21!

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2012, 11:13:07 AM »
Oh and

I agree with this. After Phil says "You are the first team to arrive" Then right before he says "roadblock" you can hear it again. It sounds familiar, but not RachelR Familiar

:peek

NoluckBoston

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2012, 11:29:45 AM »
Well you all must have some good ears, I can't hear it at all.

Offline nyluvs

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2012, 11:30:29 AM »
In caps 49-51 Phil is telling the team in question that they have to go back & do the roadblock...if you look at Phil's eyes in 49&50 he is looking up at the guy in question so I would say it's a guy a fair bit taller than Phil as in Brendon or even Dave. I think B & D are taller than JJ (?) but Brendon is definitely taller than Phil, not as sure how tall Dave is.

In Cap 52 Phil is looking down, his eyes have shifted quite a bit, so I would say he's looking at either Rachel. I think the team in question is definitely not Art & JJ but one of the "Chel's" :) Hope that made sense.
@deeluvs on Twitter

"Expectation is the root of all heartache"
William Shakespeare

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2012, 11:44:37 AM »
After listening several times I can hear breathing too. Only one or two breathes. I don't see Phil looking anywhere but up…

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2012, 11:48:42 AM »

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2012, 11:50:20 AM »
If you listen very carefully (with the volume very high), as Phil tells a team that they have to turn back, I hear some heavy breathing.

the breathing sounded female, a male breathing heavily sounds different.

I listened with the volume all the way up and headphones on , and you're right , I can hear it too and it does sound like Rachel from D/R.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2012, 11:51:12 AM »
Do you realize how silly this is? :lol: It's SFX

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2012, 11:52:21 AM »

Interesting analysis.

ETA: Actually Brendon and Rachel are more different in height than Dave and Rachel. On the other hand, Art and JJ are about the same...

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2012, 11:53:37 AM »
Does anybody notice that we have 8 (if we count Vanessa, as we believe that R/V are the last team eliminated) female racers in the finish line?  And the breathing could be from one of them?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:56:38 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline nyluvs

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2012, 11:56:01 AM »
ETA - As I said above, the two M/F teams have more of a height difference than Art & JJ, that's why I think it's not them that Phil turns back.
@deeluvs on Twitter

"Expectation is the root of all heartache"
William Shakespeare

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2012, 11:57:26 AM »
Does anybody notice that we have 7 others female racers in the finish line?  And the breathing could be from one of them?

why would they be breathing heavily? plus, how could the sound crew, catching Phil's voice record an eliminated female racers breathing from a couple feet away? Finally, it would make sense for whoever is on the Finish Line to breathe heavily, they ran towards it.
Bring on the 21!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2012, 11:58:11 AM »
I think Kandace's height analysis is much more credible than this breathing nonsense. For one, would the microphone even pick up heavy breathing? But regardless, I think it's SFX.

I'm beginning to wonder if Art\JJ made the mistake.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2012, 12:02:37 PM »
Hmm, Phil appears to be looking more down and off to the side. We may be over thinking. :lol: