Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 12 "It's a Great Place to Become Millionaires" Hawaii  (Read 126745 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: TAR 20 Ep 12 Honolulu,Hawaii
« Reply #150 on: May 02, 2012, 09:17:27 PM »
This is what you get in Google Maps street view!   :lol3:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2012, 09:37:23 PM »
This shot was taken between 11:18 and 11:32 am (assumes December 19th).

note correction  :)

« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:51:45 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2012, 10:41:31 PM »
I hope this incomplete roadblock thing isn't similar to the debacle last season with the episode 2 (Yogyakarta, Indonesia) detour.
After completing the detours, teams were supposed to donate all of their money to the orphans.

So teams received the clue sending them to the pitstop without actually fulfilling the complete requirements and after arriving at the pitstop were sent back by Phil.

If they've added something else like that and equally lame on to the end of the roadblock, I'll be really disappointed. Especially if it costs a team $1,000,000 .

i provided info last season about that yogyakarta, indonesia debacle but ill give it again.  for that particular task, the racers beat production to that orphanage which is why they received clues sending them to the pitstop.  teams were actually at the pitstop for 40 mins after phil checked them in and then had to re-film the "however" scene which is why if you look back at last season, teams were not surprised at all when phil said "however"...they simply nodded their heads having already found out their mistake....at that point they were already exhausted and thought they were finished with the leg...but nope. 

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
  • TAR/Surv/BB/?? junkie ;)
« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2012, 06:26:48 AM »
I hope this incomplete roadblock thing isn't similar to the debacle last season with the episode 2 (Yogyakarta, Indonesia) detour.
After completing the detours, teams were supposed to donate all of their money to the orphans.

So teams received the clue sending them to the pitstop without actually fulfilling the complete requirements and after arriving at the pitstop were sent back by Phil.

If they've added something else like that and equally lame on to the end of the roadblock, I'll be really disappointed. Especially if it costs a team $1,000,000 .

i provided info last season about that yogyakarta, indonesia debacle but ill give it again.  for that particular task, the racers beat production to that orphanage which is why they received clues sending them to the pitstop.  teams were actually at the pitstop for 40 mins after phil checked them in and then had to re-film the "however" scene which is why if you look back at last season, teams were not surprised at all when phil said "however"...they simply nodded their heads having already found out their mistake....at that point they were already exhausted and thought they were finished with the leg...but nope.
Did they reshoot at the orphanage as well?  When Ernie and Cindy, the 1st team to arrive, are handing over their money, the sign is right there in plain sight.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #154 on: May 03, 2012, 08:19:17 AM »
This shot was taken between 11:18 and 11:32 am (assumes December 19th).

note correction  :)

According to exif data from bspencer413's photos, Brenchel performed the climbing task around 10:45 AM so I will amend my theory about them being lost before that task. This must be right after it though, I wonder where they are trying to get to. Could the jetskis launch from Sand Island?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #155 on: May 03, 2012, 09:16:51 AM »
According to exif data from bspencer413's photos, Brenchel performed the climbing task around 10:45 AM so I will amend my theory about them being lost before that task. This must be right after it though, I wonder where they are trying to get to. Could the jetskis launch from Sand Island?
In the picture though, it being Dec 19th, the sun would be way south of Hawaii, so their shadows are mostly north, indicating they are walking mostly west, away from the towers, almost like they came across on JetSki from the beach near the towers to the park?  The bottom of Rachel's shorts in that picture are a little discolored as if they were damp, and as noted by others, her hair is up as though she had been wearing a hemlet.

Offline frankdegregs

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #156 on: May 03, 2012, 10:11:49 AM »
I just wanted to make 2 comments.

As noted by a few other people, CBS (for TAR & Survivor) have been notorious for promoting something to seem like one thing is going to happen and then something completely different happens.

The most recent promo is clearly trying to make people think Brenchel is the team that comes to the finish line 1st but gets turned back. I don't think this is the case. I am sure that is just a typical Brenchel fight, and was shown to throw people off.

Also one possibility I haven't seen mentioned is that fact that this mistake even costs the team anyway. They could be hyping the "however" at the finish line, and for all we know the team has to go back just a little bit and still finishes the race 1st.

:yess:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2012, 10:12:42 AM »
Everybody thought CBS was overhyping the Kat thing on Survivor too...

:bigwelcome to RFF, BTW!

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #158 on: May 03, 2012, 10:34:47 AM »
I've learned not to base anything on the previews , but the line in the description for this episode , "Who will win the most important 1st place finish of their lives?" makes me think It's Brenchel who win , since they haven't came in first on any other legs.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2012, 11:26:55 AM »
I've learned not to base anything on the previews , but the line in the description for this episode , "Who will win the most important 1st place finish of their lives?" makes me think It's Brenchel who win , since they haven't came in first on any other legs.

For that i reason I think its Drenchal (i think thts their team name) Remember how they were like we hope to get first place to tie the record and beat it in the finale?

Offline amazinglatinoamericafan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #160 on: May 03, 2012, 12:17:40 PM »
someone can know the time in the final leg the picturess

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #161 on: May 03, 2012, 12:19:04 PM »
someone can know the time in the final leg the picturess

According to the flickr pictures Davechel is about fifteen minutes ahead of Brenchel at the towers and Art/JJ's time is unknown. I doubt that you could base everything on that though.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: May 03, 2012, 12:22:06 PM »
As we now know that this argument took place on Sand Island, shortly after the tall building task, it's safe to say it has nothing to do with anything that may or may not have happened on the finish mat.

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #163 on: May 03, 2012, 01:29:07 PM »
As we now know that this argument took place on Sand Island, shortly after the tall building task, it's safe to say it has nothing to do with anything that may or may not have happened on the finish mat.
It must have been a long argument, I did some google map searching and made this pic:  The red square is the 'turret' past the red box in #47 and they are standing at approx the yellow square.  In #48, you can see the restrooms inside the green square and they are standing at about the blue square.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 01:32:14 PM by bcp19 »

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #164 on: May 03, 2012, 01:50:50 PM »

Did they reshoot at the orphanage as well?  When Ernie and Cindy, the 1st team to arrive, are handing over their money, the sign is right there in plain sight.

the sign was there the  whole time. The teams beat production there which is why they received clues. The orphanage didnt know the eact details of the challenege so they gave the racers clues after any kind of donation when they were supposed to hold the clue until production gave them the thumbs up (all money donated).  That is why a bunch of teams were complaining about going back to the orphanage because it was 40 mins after they were checked in the first time.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #165 on: May 03, 2012, 02:07:25 PM »
I found this pictures in a Sand Island webpage:  the first is the building in the background of cap. 48.  The second is a view from the beach of the park, and we can see two buildings that looks almost identical, Propeht find in the map he posted  that the One Waterfront Towers is close to the park.  Could the buildings in the left of the picture be the two towers?

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 11:13:23 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #166 on: May 03, 2012, 03:10:15 PM »
I found this pictures in a Sand Island webpage:  the first is the building in the background of cap. 48.  The second is a view from the beach of the park, and we can see two buildings that looks almost identical, Propeht find in the map he posted  that the One Waterfront Towers is close to the park.  Could the buildings in the left of the picture be the two towers?
Actually, in your first pic, similar building, but there are too many trees around the bathrooms. Second pic, again, close, but not quite right, the 2 towers are too far apart.  Check out the following:  1st is view from beside the bathrooms in 48 where you can see the towers, the 2nd is a little ways down the path.  There are 2 buildings on the left that look like the right height and proximity.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #167 on: May 03, 2012, 03:21:59 PM »
It must have been a long argument, I did some google map searching and made this pic:  The red square is the 'turret' past the red box in #47 and they are standing at approx the yellow square.  In #48, you can see the restrooms inside the green square and they are standing at about the blue square.

Interesting! The distance is over 1500 feet so she is yelling and then over five minutes later (if they are walking in a straight line without stopping) she throws the bag. Why are they walking out on the beach for a while? The clue must have told them to go to Sand Island.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #168 on: May 03, 2012, 03:51:57 PM »

Interesting! The distance is over 1500 feet so she is yelling and then over five minutes later (if they are walking in a straight line without stopping) she throws the bag. Why are they walking out on the beach for a while? The clue must have told them to go to Sand Island.

Maybe it's only a crazy shot, but could Brenchel misread the clue and ended in Sand Island Park, when they actually had to go to Sand Island Parkway; and, especifically, to "Aloha Jet Ski"?

http://www.alohajetski.com/contact-us

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 11:14:20 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #169 on: May 03, 2012, 04:13:43 PM »
I think I found the clue box location from the promo pics.  I believe I matched the building, tree, handicap sign and the yellow and red marked gates behind Brenchel.  I also added it to the previous overhead pic, the orange square on the right, around the bend of the road:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #170 on: May 03, 2012, 04:19:14 PM »
@Alenaveda: Interesting idea! I'm beginning to wonder if Brenchel gets fairly lost and Art\JJ make the finish line mistake.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #171 on: May 03, 2012, 04:51:58 PM »
@Alenaveda: Interesting idea! I'm beginning to wonder if Brenchel gets fairly lost and Art\JJ make the finish line mistake.

As I said, is a crazy shot; but I saw Chateau d'If work with the time of the day of the leg, and Bcp19 map, and your commentary about the 1500 feets aguing  :gaah:, and I thought "why?":  why are they arguing?  why are they there? why are they walking 1500 feets across the park?  And how did they reached the park?  Distance looks too short for a chopper or the jet ski ride - speaking of time (I've never been in the place, and perhaps someone who knows it could correct me about it, what it's fine) -.  So maybe they had to travel by cab, and maybe Brendon said Sand Island Park instead of Sand Island Parkway.  I found Aloha Jet Ski with the Google map, and it's placed in that street, in the same direction they are walking.  I understand it's a weird hypotesis, but is just a hypotesis.

Offline bcp19

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #172 on: May 03, 2012, 05:08:58 PM »

As I said, is a crazy shot; but I saw Chateau d'If work with the time of the day of the leg, and Bcp19 map, and your commentary about the 1500 feets aguing  :gaah:, and I thought "why?":  why are they arguing?  why are they there? why are they walking 1500 feets across the park?  And how did they reached the park?  Distance looks too short for a chopper or the jet ski ride - speaking of time (I've never been in the place, and perhaps someone who knows it could correct me about it, what it's fine) -.  So maybe they had to travel by cab, and maybe Brendon said Sand Island Park instead of Sand Island Parkway.  I found Aloha Jet Ski with the Google map, and it's placed in that street, in the same direction they are walking.  I understand it's a weird hypotesis, but is just a hypotesis.
All very logical, but since I think I located the cluebox they are running to, it looks like they drove/taxi to the first parking lot at the park, got the clue, then continued across the park while arguing.  I can't figure out why they'd go through the park though.  Maybe the far end of the park is where they have to go for the Helo ride?  Otherwise, it's be like a 3 mile walk to the JetSki place, which would be a heckofa walk.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #173 on: May 03, 2012, 05:20:59 PM »

All very logical, but since I think I located the cluebox they are running to, it looks like they drove/taxi to the first parking lot at the park, got the clue, then continued across the park while arguing.  I can't figure out why they'd go through the park though.  Maybe the far end of the park is where they have to go for the Helo ride?  Otherwise, it's be like a 3 mile walk to the JetSki place, which would be a heckofa walk.

That's why I said "someone who knows it could correct me about it"; and I haven't seen yet the promo pic you're talking about (at least at the moment I made my previous post); pic that you can maybe post and share it with us. :tup:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #174 on: May 03, 2012, 06:47:44 PM »
I haven't seen a cluebox either ??? But I doubt that they plan to walk three miles to the jetski place. I'm not sure that they know what they are doing.