December 21, 2014, 05:00:26 AM

Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 10 " I Need Hair To Be Pretty" (Cochin, India)  (Read 33383 times)

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 20 Ep 10 " I Need Hair To Be Pretty" (Cochin, India)
« Reply #200 on: April 29, 2012, 04:22:32 PM »
Yes, we need caps for that one there's a lot of stuff in there. Somehow the fact that they continue to dwell on Mopper's woes seems to indicate that they survive again.

Art and JJ pulling boxes on a cart is probably one Detour. (Do the boxes say something about ginger?) And Brenchel riding the elephant and pushing a wheelbarrow of dung is the other option.

What's Vanessa saying? "Tell them to.... ???"

The scene with the Cart and Crates is in "Mattancheri",  Fort Cochin, where they have the spice market and warehouse.

here's  a photo of the building    (in the photo the "sweet" is in blue, they must have painted it in Red recently)
and the article  http://indianjourneys.wordpress.com/2010/09/03/fort-kochi/

Here u go chateau , according to jacobsk68 it is in Mattancheri,  Fort Cochin

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #201 on: April 29, 2012, 04:25:01 PM »
Okay, so where is this spice market?
The spice Market is in Mattanchery in  the town of Fort Cochin which is to the west of Cochin (Kochi). The pit stop, ie. Bolgatty Palace ,on the Bolgatty Island is on the east of Fort Cochin. Most of the buildings there are very old and built by the dutch when they came for spice trading sometime in the 17th century. Kerala is where the  Black pepper came from and there was a huge market for that.

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #202 on: April 29, 2012, 04:29:45 PM »
Jacob, can you help us with a map link to the spice market please in Mattanchen?

Chateau can do some time stamps if we can give him the exact location...

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,27114.msg745334.html#msg745334
Here's the map, also the the pit stop Bolgatty Palace is to the Northeast of the placemark.
the Spicemarket is on the "bazaar road" and extends into "Jew town road"
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1920&bih=935&q=Mattancherry+,+Kochi&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x3b086d44dcfc1e83:0x3eef7d7c7a585a14,Mattancherry,+Kerala,+India&gl=us&ei=WbKdT5uhIaTm2QWuvPmHDw&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CKABELYD
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:40:14 PM by jacobsk68 »

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #203 on: April 29, 2012, 05:00:56 PM »
  957'28.83"N

7615'31.59"E

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #204 on: April 29, 2012, 05:03:36 PM »
Where do we see Bolgatty as the Pitstop? I got lost, lol.

And thanks!
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Natalie <3
« Reply #205 on: April 29, 2012, 05:08:12 PM »

And thanks!

No, Bolgatty Palace was the Pitstop for the last leg!  :tup:

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #206 on: April 29, 2012, 05:09:16 PM »

And thanks!
That's the current pit stop.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #207 on: April 29, 2012, 05:13:09 PM »
okay, I suddenly was invisioning them running in a circle. :lol3:

And sadly, Chateau has left the building.....
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #208 on: April 29, 2012, 05:14:38 PM »
The spice Market is in Mattanchery in  the town of Fort Cochin which is to the west of Cochin (Kochi). The pit stop, ie. Bolgatty Palace ,on the Bolgatty Island is on the east of Fort Cochin. Most of the buildings there are very old and built by the dutch when they came for spice trading sometime in the 17th century. Kerala is where the  Black pepper came from and there was a huge market for that.

Wonder if the spice market comes later then??

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Natalie <3
« Reply #209 on: April 29, 2012, 05:18:58 PM »

Wonder if the spice market comes later then??

Later then what? ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #210 on: April 29, 2012, 05:26:07 PM »
Here is a good map.

http://travel.nytimes.com/travel/guides/asia/india/kerala/cochin/maps.html

And I WISH we could have found the location of the elephant task. The one used in TARA3 was Kumbalam, Cochin  SPS Temple
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:37:19 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #211 on: April 29, 2012, 05:59:50 PM »
Had a message from a lurker with some good observations: What do y'all think??

I have looked at the picture of Rachel and Dave in the pedicab as closely as I can and it looks like there is something inside the leaf that Dave is holding. Could it be the flowers that the priest sprinkled in per the CBS photos? I have pulled Rachel in as close as I can in the pedicab. I am not good with this stuff but I do not see a red mark on her forehead. I even used a magnifying glass lol! So, if they already left the priest with the leaf with the flower I would have expected Rachel to have the bindi. I also think those are yellow clues on the tray the other man is holding behind the priest. I am confused if they get the bindi there and I am just not seeing it on Rachel, or if they are on their way to the priest in the picture in the pedicab.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #212 on: April 29, 2012, 06:06:31 PM »
Pics:

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:11:31 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #214 on: April 29, 2012, 06:11:08 PM »
these places are so close the shadows would be almost the same.

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #215 on: April 29, 2012, 06:19:07 PM »
Here is a good map.

http://travel.nytimes.com/travel/guides/asia/india/kerala/cochin/maps.html

And I WISH we could have found the location of the elephant task. The one used in TARA3 was Kumbalam, Cochin  SPS Temple
Most probably that would be the location this time too.
or it could be the Eranakulam Shiva Temple, there's a shiva temple in the nearby Kumbalam.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:37:28 PM by jacobsk68 »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #216 on: April 29, 2012, 06:31:12 PM »
I'm thinking that the two teams who are not seen with the bindi are the same two teams who cannot attempt the fast forward.

nvm I think Art might have it in the press pic. Dave and Rachel obviously don't have it and I can't think of why. It has to happen before the fast forward but probably after the speed bump. Maybe they wipe theirs off?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:34:33 PM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #217 on: April 29, 2012, 06:35:03 PM »
I'm thinking that the two teams who are not seen with the bindi are the same two teams who cannot attempt the fast forward.

nvm I think Art might have it in the press pic. Dave and Rachel obviously don't have it and I can't think of why. It has to happen before the fast forward but probably after the speed bump. Maybe they wipe theirs off?

But Art has it in the press photo.

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #218 on: April 29, 2012, 06:37:04 PM »
Could the Priest be the handing out the very first clue at the beginning of the leg ? And that's why we don't see D/R with the Bindi.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Natalie <3
« Reply #219 on: April 29, 2012, 06:40:28 PM »
Could the Priest be the handing out the very first clue at the beginning of the leg ? And that's why we don't see D/R with the Bindi.

That's what I thought! I just didn't have the guts to say it. It might be similar to the chiaski in Argentina Leg 2.

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #220 on: April 29, 2012, 06:46:59 PM »
Hindu priests give a blessing called 'prasadam' wrapped in a banana leaf. They get that and the clue.

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #221 on: April 29, 2012, 06:49:07 PM »
Hindu priests give a blessing called 'prasadam' wrapped in a banana leaf. They get that and the clue.

I know they get a clue from the photo's , but i'm wondering if it's the first clue to start the leg off.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Natalie <3
« Reply #222 on: April 29, 2012, 06:54:18 PM »

Does this have anything to do with the Hindu leaf float in TAR16 Leg 8 in Malaysia Roadblock.

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #223 on: April 29, 2012, 06:54:45 PM »

I know they get a clue from the photo's , but i'm wondering if it's the first clue to start the leg off.
most probably they go to some temple, where the priests are,  to get the first clue  from the pit stop.

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #224 on: April 29, 2012, 06:58:21 PM »

Does this have anything to do with the Hindu leaf float in TAR16 Leg 8 in Malaysia Roadblock.
prasadam is  a greeting ,usually a sugary thing that people eat afterwards. Not a Hindu, so I only know little bit about the Hindu traditions
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:03:51 PM by jacobsk68 »

Custom Search