Author Topic: TAR 20 Ep 10 " I Need Hair To Be Pretty" (Cochin, India)  (Read 103790 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: TAR 20 Ep 10 " I Need Hair To Be Pretty" (Cochin, India)
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2012, 10:42:54 AM »
What is HoO? I've seen this word being used a lot but I have no clue what it means. Thanks!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2012, 10:43:56 AM »
hours of operation :tup:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2012, 10:56:15 AM »

Offline SilasKTsang

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2012, 12:11:50 PM »
I was thinking about how long it took Mopper to finish last week's roadblock, which relates back to this week. I'm speculating that it would take about 5 hours to mess up the routine 11 times and threaten to quit. Then, their cab runs out of gas; then they still had to do the detour; then there's a speedbump. I think the only way they are not eliminated is if this week's tasks are so long and tedious. But I also recall the great CBS montage of all their experiences and such during the race.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2012, 12:15:23 PM »
If they are over six hours behind then it seems even more likely that WRP will allow the teams to be bunched in order to avoid a predictable episode.

Offline paridy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV Guru
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2012, 02:51:36 PM »
New preview up
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2226454164/the-amazing-race-i-need-hair-to-be-pretty

Mark put on IV bag after last leg
Brenchel on an elephant
teams using wheelbarrows to carry stuff
Vanessa's fall
Brenchel at FF and yes both have to shave their heads and she says I don't wait to shave my head I paid $500 for extensions. :lol3:

alot of good caps to figure out where these things are taking place in it

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2012, 03:00:52 PM »
Yes, we need caps for that one there's a lot of stuff in there. Somehow the fact that they continue to dwell on Mopper's woes seems to indicate that they survive again.

Art and JJ pulling boxes on a cart is probably one Detour. (Do the boxes say something about ginger?) And Brenchel riding the elephant and pushing a wheelbarrow of dung is the other option.

What's Vanessa saying? "Tell them to.... ???"
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:04:19 PM by Prophet »

Offline paridy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV Guru
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2012, 03:07:44 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YSr8YS7eWxc?" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YSr8YS7eWxc?</a>

Here you go. :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 09:58:08 AM by TexasLady »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2012, 03:10:48 PM »
When Brenchel is talking about being competitive or something, could they be at an HOO??

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2012, 03:16:09 PM »
When Brenchel is talking about being competitive or something, could they be at an HOO??

There's not much to see, but Red Rachel and Vanessa are standing next to each other. :lol3:

Offline paridy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV Guru
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2012, 03:37:36 PM »

I never heard that all I heard something JJ saying is anyone strategic around here  :res:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2012, 03:58:50 PM »
Uploading the vid now, caps to follow. Aren't y'all glad my computer didn't drown? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline paridy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV Guru
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2012, 04:05:12 PM »
thanks peach, I tried to load it but I am not techno savvy like you :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2012, 04:07:30 PM »
I'll look at yours in a while, thanks SO much for trying!

PROMO up!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2012, 04:15:09 PM »
I see both a wheelbarrow task and a task using a large cart with crates. Possibly two different tasks.
Art and JJ may have an physical issue of some sort too, hard to tell from the brief clip that was included.
IV line means exhaustion, i suspect, and I doubt seriously this is an extended pit stop, although all of the clips seem to be in the daytime. And don't forget that the amount of time from the release in Tanzania to arrival in Cochin was almost 33-ish hours for Mark and Bopper. So fatigue is very likely to be a serious problem for them along with the physical toll of these last three legs.
Peach, I wish Neobie or someone could attempt to calculate the times from the pit stop check-ins at the end of the episode. My sense is that it is at least mid afternoon for Mark and Bopper, while my impression is that Rachel and Dave likely finished the leg in 3 hours or less once their flight arrived in Cochin, so by 10:00 am.
-- theschnauzers

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2012, 04:24:25 PM »

There's not much to see, but Red Rachel and Vanessa are standing next to each other. :lol3:

I never heard that all I heard something JJ saying is anyone strategic around here  :res:

And that seems to be at the RB location, because we see JJ, Vanessa and Rachel, who made the RB in the previous leg, waiting while JJ says "anybody play the game strategically?".
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:53:30 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2012, 04:41:40 PM »
If they are over six hours behind then it seems even more likely that WRP will allow the teams to be bunched in order to avoid a predictable episode.
Let's hope that World Race Productions has more integrity that is implied by Prophet's suggestion. I detest even the efforts in telecasts to make finishes of 2 teams seem close when they could not be. I would detest creating a Hours of Operation for the purpose of keeping a popular team competitive even more.

The two things we know are:
1. It was daylight on December 13 (sunset was 605pm) when all teams checked in.
2. "Normal" 12 hour pit stops would have teams released between midnight and 6am. Exactly where in that time period will determine whether there might be a "natural" opening time of buildings or businesses. It is possible that there was one.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2012, 05:13:00 PM »
They got the Bindi somewhere...let's hope that is the first task and a HoO!

Agree about the bunching, routes and tasks are set far in advance.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2012, 05:14:32 PM »
Let's hope that World Race Productions has more integrity that is implied by Prophet's suggestion. I detest even the efforts in telecasts to make finishes of 2 teams seem close when they could not be. I would detest creating a Hours of Operation for the purpose of keeping a popular team competitive even more.

The two things we know are:
1. It was daylight on December 13 (sunset was 605pm) when all teams checked in.
2. "Normal" 12 hour pit stops would have teams released between midnight and 6am. Exactly where in that time period will determine whether there might be a "natural" opening time of buildings or businesses. It is possible that there was one.

The fact that Art, Ralph and Brendon are together doing the RB (at least that's what it seems to be), means that point 2 of your spec could be right.  We don't see M/B with the rest of the teams, but this may be because the SB is previously to the RB.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:59:11 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline SilasKTsang

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2012, 06:02:26 PM »
It would be shady if Mopper make it through another week. As I watched Mark's terrible dancing the very last time he attempted the routine, he totally sucked and made obvious mistakes and they gave him mercy, which is preferential treatment, which makes a big difference if they beat another team because the producers of CBS gave them a break.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2012, 06:05:18 PM »
Giving them a break on the twelfth try and with them suffering from heat exhaustion and with all teams ahead of them is simply humane. :lol:

Offline paridy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV Guru
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2012, 06:10:50 PM »
Giving them a break on the twelfth try and with them suffering from heat exhaustion and with all teams ahead of them is simply humane. :lol:

Definitely  :tup:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2012, 07:39:50 PM »
Here's the pic. Rachel could always wear a wig but I think that Brendon's hair is too long to have been shaved just a week or so before. They must decide not to do the FF.

For what it's worth, I've been looking hard for a picture of Mark and Bopper taken after the race was over and finding nothing. I did post something back in January or February about Mark and Bopper appearing at a middle school donkey basketball game, but I can't find any pictures from that event. While you could infer that they were laying low to hide shaved heads, I've searched for pictures of Ralph and Vanessa and Jamie and Nary and not finding anything for those teams either.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2012, 07:42:04 PM »
It will probably be difficult to find any team that is constantly in the public eye like Brenchel is :lol:

Interesting that Mopper's first interview is the week after this episode. Their head shaving could definitely be a topic of discussion and a good reason to have them on "The Talk" over another team.

Offline jacobsk68

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2012, 08:40:29 PM »
Yes, we need caps for that one there's a lot of stuff in there. Somehow the fact that they continue to dwell on Mopper's woes seems to indicate that they survive again.

Art and JJ pulling boxes on a cart is probably one Detour. (Do the boxes say something about ginger?) And Brenchel riding the elephant and pushing a wheelbarrow of dung is the other option.

What's Vanessa saying? "Tell them to.... ???"

The scene with the Cart and Crates is in "Mattancheri",  Fort Cochin, where they have the spice market and warehouse.