Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Author Topic: Ep 9 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read post 1!!**  (Read 8936 times)

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Ep 9 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read post 1!!**
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2012, 07:08:48 PM »
Who else has memorized that song for the dance? :lol3:

:lol3:
Yeah I can't get it out of my head now..  :colors
Think we need a bollywood dancer smiley here.  :lol:

Me too! It's stuck in my head!  :dancer: :ya3:

What is the song called?  :lol:
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2012, 08:18:53 PM »
I'd have to go back and watch again, but IIRC, the editors did not use that particular angle for showing the "coaching" the dance troup during any of the other attempts; but from what I've seen in other contexts it isn't all that unusual in choreographed stage dances to have that, just like in choral music performances or an orchestra there would be a director to keep everyone on the same pace.

It did not look to me that Mark got any pity from that particular task master; the taskmasters for all three tasks were quite strict in this episode.
-- theschnauzers

Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2012, 08:53:13 PM »
Same pitstop as the Amazing Race 3!

??
Close, but no cigar. My information says that the ARA3 pitstop was on Bolgatty Island, but at the Bolgatty Palace. That is clearly different from the Bolgatty Island Resort, which is where the AR20 ep. 9 pitstop is.

In each season, teams were instructed to go to Bolgatty Palace. One of the Pitstops is in front of the building and the other is behind it.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2012, 04:46:40 AM »
I will disagree on that point. Mark had a difficult time with the sequence of dance moves. He was making mistakes on moving his body in the correct direction. I did not think he got a mercy pass on his 12th attempt. I thought he earned it. I doubt that it will matter at this point, as my thoughts on the imminent elimination of Mark and Bopper are posted in another thread (#1040 in spoilers).

I am not sure about this.  You clearly see that he could not follow as perfect as the other racers even in his 12th attempt, besides, it feels so strange that after 11 failed attempt, he stopped and wanted to quit but people begged him to try once more, and then he passed it! This is unbelievable, the task is difficult because you would not know what part you did wrongly, they just disapproved without explaining why, so all racers were frustrated.

Maybe they were very far behind, but you just do not know if there is an HoO next leg or other teams would get very lost.  In any case if they don't get eliminated next leg, I would be disappointed by TAR producers of this judgement error.  Don't get me wrong, I really like Mark/Bopper, but I also want the race to be fair.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2012, 05:32:45 AM »
Rachel says it's hard to turn the rickshaw. Dave says it's not. :lol: Dave tries to drive it... Is this Star Wars music? :lol:

The music you hear is 'Ride of the Valkyries' by Richard Wagner. And if you do not understand why that was hilarious in this situation your education is sorely lacking and you should immediately go and watch Apocalypse Now.

Spoiler below:
Show content
This music is used in a very famous scene in the movie Apocalypse Now where a bunch of American helicopters attack a Vietnamese village. They play this music on loudspeakers outside the choppers to further scare the natives. This is also the scene where the famous 'I love the smell of napalm in the morning' line is spoken.

In the movie this is a very strong scene where the choppers rain death and destruction all around, which is in sharp contrast to the auto rickshaw which Dave, who is a helicopter pilot, is driving.

I think the same music was used during the toy helicopter FF in Turin  :lol:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2012, 09:01:16 PM »
quick question, on Mark's last try they had a dancer doing the steps right near the camera guy, did they only do it that one time or had they done it throughout?

I think it was only for Mark's last attempt. For all the other teams, the blue podium where the dance instructor was showing his steps were occupied by the instrument players.
TARAS DVD SOON PLEASE!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2012, 09:09:10 PM »
You're right AR. It looks like they made this concession for them. Maybe they wanted to avoid someone taking a four hour penalty in a NEL leg.

Show content
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Custom Search