Author Topic: TARaus 2 Shane and Andrew *Cops*  (Read 15143 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TARaus 2 Shane and Andrew *Cops*
« on: April 19, 2012, 11:41:08 AM »
Shane and Andrew

Cops - Vic

These policemen from Melbourne may have very serious jobs as crime scene officers, but they love nothing more than having a laugh.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:28:01 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TARaus 2 Shane and Andrew *Cops*
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 11:41:19 AM »
RFF contestant reveal here, thanks to ovalorange!  :winner

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26379.msg727494.html#msg727494
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:43:00 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 02:56:59 AM »

SHANE & ANDREW, police officers from Melbourne

WORKED together at the same police station for 6 years.

They spend so much time together their wives have described it as a ‘bromance’.

“Shane will call up and my wife says `your boyfriend’s on the phone!’” Andrew said.

“We entered the race because we think we’ve got the perfect blend. We’ve got the skills and fitness. But mainly we want to have fun, because if you’re having fun the big one will take care of itself – the big two fiddy!” Shane said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/whos-who-in-latest-series-of-the-amazing-race/story-e6frewyr-1226334645563

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 03:13:59 AM »
Shane & Andrew (VIC) Official TARAUS Website Bio

These police officers from Melbourne may have very serious jobs as crime scene officers, but they love nothing more than having a laugh.

“We entered the race because we think we’ve got the perfect blend,” says Shane. “We’ve got the skills and the fitness. But mainly we want to have fun, because if you’re having fun the big one will take care of itself – the big two fiddy!”

“I think as crime scene officers we do have more attention to detail,” says Andrew. “I’ll have the best chance of winning with Shane, no doubt about it.”

Shane and Andrew have worked together at the same police station for the last six years.

“We basically clicked from day one. We’ve been with each other in good times and bad and we’re still best mates,” says Shane. “We’re pretty lucky.”

These cops have been through plenty of hard times together, tearing up at the mention of their toughest time at work – the 2009 Victorian bushfires.

“There’s no doubt that working together in an extreme situation like that brings you closer together,” says Andrew.

“Having each other to lean on and offload to definitely made an awful situation slightly less difficult.”

The boys also train together, hang out together and enjoy making funny home movies. In fact they spend so much time together their wives have described it as a “bromance”.

“Shane will call up and my wife will say ‘Your boyfriend’s on the phone!’” laughs Andrew.

Shane cites his greatest achievement as being crowned Australian SingStar Champion in 2008. “We had to submit a video of ourselves singing our favourite song,” explains Shane, who flew up to Sydney for the finals. “I got up and sang ‘You Sexy Thing’. We won $10,000 so split it $5,000 each.”

And what would they spend the money on if they won The Amazing Race Australia?

“I’d probably treat the wife and kids to a holiday,” says Shane. “And pay for the kids education to give them the best possible start in life.”

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 10:17:57 AM »
...Why the Statue of Liberty?? :lol: I'm ok with them. I just hope they don't get an ego or think they control the race, like the other two male cop teams.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 04:35:24 AM »
Holding the Statue of Liberty is a bit random, but I'm getting decent vibes from these two! I tend to like most Cops/Law Enforcement teams on TAR (with one huge exception of Art & JJ :res: ) so we'll see what happens! :)
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 11:56:27 AM »
looks like the next Matt and Tom to me  :lol: :hearts:
Bring on the 21!

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 05:41:17 PM »

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/tv-radio/victorian-teams-get-set-for-amazing-race/story-e6frf9ho-1226335167259

Detectives Shane Haw and Andrew Thoday are crime scene officers, working in fingerprints, DNA and crime scene photography.

They have worked in Melbourne's southern suburbs together for six years, and Victoria Police approved the men going on the show, "as long as you don't bring the police force into disrepute", Haw said.

Both detectives have young families and they said doing The Amazing Race was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

"We wanted to get out of the rat race for a while. It's something that we would never do," Haw said.

"We are just average blokes who happen to be cops and we love having fun, so we thought what better a thing to do than The Amazing Race."

The detectives are tipped to go well in the show. And they would do it all again.

"It's a money-can't-buy experience," Thoday said.

"We were just rapt to be given the opportunity.

"We had an absolute ball."

A launch date for The Amazing Race has not been announced, but it will air some time next month.
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 02:40:09 AM »
I'm not sure what it is, but I am getting some seriously good vibes from these two. It's TAR instinct!  :lol:

Definite pre-season faves  :hearts:
Bring on the 21!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 03:04:01 AM »
I like them
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 03:01:55 AM »
Will get in F3 probably. Support! :tup:

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 05:10:54 AM »
i don't like 'em. hope they will be eliminated soon  :))

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 04:07:53 AM »
I don't like them either. It's clear the producers want us to like them because of the whole cop thing (otherwise they wouldn't be pushing it so hard in their preview ad), but... seriously, if they want us to like cops, these aren't the guys to try with.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 08:27:21 AM »
Looks like a Matt and Tom 2.0 to me, I really liked that team :)
Bring on the 21!

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 03:20:09 AM »
Looks like a Matt and Tom 2.0 to me, I really liked that team :)
Matt and Tom came across a bit stronger personality-wise I think.
I don't dislike them so far, but they seem a bit bland. Not sure.

Also I have trouble telling who is who, is it me or do they look alike?  :-[
But they do seem salt-of-the-earth not-too-much-drama-just-get-the-job-done type guys so.. Let's see what happens.  :)
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 05:57:47 AM »
They definitely had some funny moments in the premiere. Their strategy with the rafting was actually really smart, even though it was downright hilarious! :lol: I will have to keep that in find if I'm ever on TARAus and get a similar task! :lol:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 10:33:12 PM »
 :zzz .. and then some.  :res:
Hope they show a bit more personality soon or otherwise just leave - I would much rather see other teams stay tbh, from what I have seen from them so far anyway.

Though they were ok for comic relief even if they themselves never intended to be.  :lol:
1. 'We have a good rapport with people everywhere, we love cricket..' blabla..
They immediately start babbling about cricket to the Indian cabdriver who is looking at them as if they've gone nuts.  :lol:

2. The fact that the alpha whatevers lost these 'cops' within a few seconds after they had just been in the same spot.  :lol:
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 09:33:05 AM »
<--- Best scene last episode, tyvm.

I'm really liking how they're alphas who bottomgoddess. I hope they go far whilst bottomgoddessing! <3
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2012, 09:43:30 AM »
<--- Best scene last episode, tyvm.

I'm really liking how they're alphas who bottomgoddess. I hope they go far whilst bottomgoddessing! <3

Well Mostly all the alphas are always in the back of he pack. Sticky and Sam seems to be better than them.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 12:54:21 PM »
They sure have had some awful taxi luck!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline aj_0852

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Spoilers are Shelves of Future
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 06:54:41 PM »
Poor them. From the start of the race, they had no decent taxi/tuktuk drivers.  :umn:

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 09:29:21 AM »
to me they seem almost entirely independent of the other teams at times, as if there is the race and then theres shane and andrew, this could be because as people have said, theyre a bit bland
they definitely look alike
i think they represent the stereotypical australian of yesteryear, the tall lanky laid back cobber or whatever you call it and this contrasts starkly with some of the other teams who represent a view of modern australia. this makes me perceive them as a little outdated i guess and i think thats why im not such a huge fan but theyre not actively dislikeable, i mean, can you really hate a team for being boring?
and for some reason with no basis at all i would in no way be surprised if they were actually in real life AfL footballers instead of policemen
are they the most in shape cops the amazing race has seen?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 03:40:03 AM »
To tell the truth, I think them doing the Fast Forward will be more pleasing to the eyes. :lol:

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 09:44:36 AM »
To tell the truth, I think them doing the Fast Forward will be more pleasing to the eyes. :lol:

Yes.  :tup:

Good read:

http://www.thatslife.com.au/Article/Real-Life/Real-Life-TV/The-Amazing-Race-Andrew-and-Shane

Shane is 53 and Andrew is 44 :tup:

Thanks for the link.  I loved the article.  I really like these guys, and appreciate their brand of humor.