Author Topic: TAR Norway SHOW DIscussion! Includes ALL episodes!  (Read 69575 times)

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR Norway SHOW DIscussion! Includes ALL episodes!
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2012, 12:56:17 PM »
Ah ok thanx!  :)
Yeah I suppose all those things combined didn't help the content of their wallet.  :lol:
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2012, 07:40:57 PM »
Is the result for episode 6 and 7 on Wikipedia is true?

Offline Polarbear

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2012, 09:28:39 AM »
Yes it is correct

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2012, 08:55:36 PM »
So what was in that sandwich and why do the Aussie's eat it when apparently it tastes so terribly?  :lol3:
Some sort of vegetable extract apparently but what did it taste like?

Also did Karim & Khabat try to mislead the brothers in Vietnam, by trying to make them think they had to go all the way to the top?
And what were Kari and Bjorn arguing about, it seems like they were arguing a lot?

Really liked leg 7 btw, really fun challenges.  :tup:
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2012, 11:03:16 PM »
It's Vegemite! I chuckled when I saw them eating a Vegemite sandwich. They truly are in the Land Down Under (where women glow and men plunder).

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2012, 11:48:26 PM »
It's Vegemite! I chuckled when I saw them eating a Vegemite sandwich. They truly are in the Land Down Under (where women glow and men plunder).
Ah thanx!
I looked it up, I know marmite and I think that's pretty gross too.  :lol3:
My British friends seem to love it for reasons that are a big mystery to me.  :duno:  :lol:

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2012, 01:50:06 AM »
Thanx so much for uploading leg 8!!  :hearts:

Honestly, not a lot of surprises to me at this stage.  :duno:
Sorry about the team that left though  :( - But they themselves seemed quite ok with it tbh.
I guess the next leg it might be the
Show content
the Blondes
though really it all depends on how they set up the traveltime/ teams catching up, and what kind of challenges they will get. These two are very persistent and strategic as well so if they don't mock up too much they may yet have a chance.  :)

There doesn't seem to be a u-turn (when I heard 'boomerang' I thought they might mean this  :lol3: ) - so it will all depend on little things mostly it would seem.
At the moment I am mostly rooting for
Show content
Karim and Khabat
and
Show content
the brothers
There's no team I would hate to see winning, but I just feel less attached to/ interested in
Show content
Kari & Bjorn - mostly since I don't feel they add much to the show although they are good runners all in all.
I think all the other teams that are left now, have shown a bit more spirit and eagerness to make it to the end. I know some things may have gotten lost in translation, but if I understood correctly the Norway version of TAR wants to set itself apart from all the bickering and that sort of reality tv thing (which I assume will suite the Norwegian public better?). I think that's a very good thing in fact because I feel couples can be entertaining or interesting enough without all that fluff and drama going on tbh, it basically distracts from what is essentially a very good concept with people using their skills, talents, ingenuity and EQ/ability to relate and learn from other cultures to learn and grow from the experience. I think all TAR series carry those aspects that bring out the better qualities in us all, and make us grow in the process. :)

Obviously under stress the darker side may be brought out too, but it's a matter of extent. And from what I have seen and understood sofar of the Norwegian version (though I confess not to understand every word I think I got the main things), they highlight the positive aspects far more than the bickering and rivalry (in fact I think I have seen teams help each other on several occasions on the TAR Norge version, without there being any 'alliance' talk as far as I could tell?).  :)

So, very good job on very good challenges, nice and endearing contestants (regardless of language-barriers) that are nonetheless competitive (without becoming insufferable as some have in TAR history imo), and making very entertaining and fun tv, without it being at the cost of someone.  :tup:

I think a show like that would have a very good chance in the Netherlands too in fact.  :lol:

All in all really enjoying the show but in the end still rooting for my two favorite teams, since I feel they would be slightly more deserving the way they handled things from day 1 basically.  :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:58:48 AM by Topita »

Offline asar

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2012, 02:54:27 PM »
Leg 9 might be just the best episode so far in the season.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2012, 07:39:32 PM »
Oh wow , 3 episodes in Australia...
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

paldog123456

« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2012, 07:41:09 PM »
Oh wow , 3 episodes in Australia...

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2012, 04:39:26 PM »
Enjoyable leg..  :)

Just a few remarks & questions I will put between spoilers for those who haven't been able to watch yet.

Show content
1. Didn't buy the whole police arrest for one second, it was clearly contrived and has been done on the Mole on several series.  :lol3:
Funny to see how some protested and bought into it though.. (the Blondes and the twins especially it seemed  :lol3: )

2. Felt the whole big 88 stories climb a bit of an anti-climax. I was expecting some kind of challenge on the top but all it was was a pitstop with a chasm beneath them (which alas we never really got to appreciate.  :'( They should have given a few shots of the deep so we could feel the same as viewers.  :ascared)

3. Another NEL.. I was figuring it would be since it was clear we are leaving Australia now and it seems to be a NEL almost every other episode. Quite a lot I think sofar. How many legs are there in total 13??

4. Did I understand correctly that Khabat and Karim took the penalty time in prison?

5. Kind of disappointed that it looks like we're back in Asia again. (China??).
Most of this whole series was spent there and by the looks of it, the remainder will too. I would have really liked them to go to Africa or S. America for a few legs too but perhaps this is a matter of budget..?  :duno:
I admit I always have a soft spot for Latin America so..  :hearts:
Still it was good to have 3 Aussie legs, did really enjoy those.  :)

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2012, 05:32:05 PM »
To answer your questions. (Don't worry, no actual spoilers.)

Show content
1. I like how Karim & Khabat knew it was fake and played along.
3. I think there will be one more Non-Elimination. It is probably obvious when that one will be.
4. Only two teams figured out the riddle, I believe: Cathrine & Michelle and Frank & Ivar

Offline asar

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2012, 06:33:26 PM »

Show content
3. I think there will be one more Non-Elimination. It is probably obvious when that one will be.
4. Only two teams figured out the riddle, I believe: Cathrine & Michelle and Frank & Ivar
Frank and Ivar were the only one to figure out. The couple were close but they went too far with the riddle. The riddle was  fairly simple: Guard says 12 prisoner replies 6. from these you had to figure out the riddle. The couple went too far and divided 3 to 1.5 and forgot to say 3.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2012, 08:51:39 PM »

Show content
Frank and Ivar were the only one to figure out. The couple were close but they went too far with the riddle. The riddle was  fairly simple: Guard says 12 prisoner replies 6. from these you had to figure out the riddle. The couple went too far and divided 3 to 1.5 and forgot to say 3.
It looked like Cathrine & Michelle got it. I guess not.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2012, 01:37:36 AM »
It looked like Cathrine & Michelle got it. I guess not.

They guessed the correct answer, but when the guard asked why that was the right answer they couldn't explain since they did not know why it was the correct answer. They did try to play the dumb-blonde card and pretended to be bad at explaining math in English. This got them nowhere.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2012, 02:33:35 AM »
Leg 9 might be just the best episode so far in the season.

As someone who lives in Melbourne, I disagree. I thought it was kind of crap, to be honest.

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2012, 03:05:45 AM »
Just caught up with episode 10.  :)

Fun leg, overall fun challenges I thought (diverse), and obviously the language barrier sometimes presenting an extra bit of a challenge in Hong Kong.  :lol:

I wonder what was in those dim sum, they seemed to be quite chewy. :P

Why were the twins so emotional on that bus, was it because they thought they might be out of the race?
Also I was in stitches when one of them (can never tell which is which) was 'hiding' behind the Chinese man at the puzzle task, trying to see if the team behind them was coming.  :lol3:

Did Morten&Truls point Kari & Bjorn in the right direction (vaguely anyway..) when they asked for the clue on Times Square?
I think they said 'kino' (assuming this means cinema?), is that correct?

Also really loved the KungFu clue, very original.  :tup:

Two things I didn't like so much:

Show content
1. Kinda disappointed that Michelle and Catherine didn't win the leg, they were doing so well. Also because K & K seemed to try to eavesdrop and spy on how the brothers made the puzzle. Kinda felt the blondes deserved the win more this leg.  :(

2. Yet another NEL... Bjorn and Kari getting in last for the second time in a row (not surprisingly as they had to do both detours).
I'm sorry but I think they deserved to be out now, it would feel a bit off if they survived next leg somehow, because getting two NEL's in a row is a bit much I think tbh.  :duno:
Just my two cents though.  :-[

PS:
A random question. Does anyone know why Morten and Truls always seem to wear these blue/white striped soccer shirts?  :lol3:
Are they a fan of Argentinian soccer maybe?  :duno:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 03:15:17 AM by Topita »

Offline asar

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2012, 08:49:01 PM »
That candle task when going pitstop was quite interesting aspect to this episode.
Also why does it feel like TAR Norway has bigger budget for their route than TAR USA.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2012, 09:02:05 PM »
asar, do you know which country will be visited on leg 12 (after Macau)? Was it shown in the preview of the next episode?
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline asar

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2012, 09:17:14 PM »
asar, do you know which country will be visited on leg 12 (after Macau)? Was it shown in the preview of the next episode?

Seems like russia.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2012, 11:51:41 PM »
Is anyone able to provide the Norwegian Road Block hints (and for the first two episodes, their English equivalents)? Working on a guide to the show and I want to include them for the sake of completeness.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2012, 11:19:09 AM »
Hey asar, why they don't air TAR Norge on wednesday anymore?
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline Traveller7

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2012, 04:33:36 PM »

There's some sort of football games occupying the time slot.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2012, 05:53:03 PM »

Thank you, i hope they get back to 2 episodes a week before the race ends. There are like 3 episodes left, right? (It was 13 legs and 14 episodes)
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2012, 07:47:32 PM »

Thank you, i hope they get back to 2 episodes a week before the race ends. There are like 3 episodes left, right? (It was 13 legs and 14 episodes)
I think only two episodes are left, if the finale is on the 30th.